EVE Online general /eog/

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

>Can I play the full game without paying for it?
Yes, Eve is F2P with some restrictions and you can earn enough money ingame to get a subscription.

>I just started, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using any referral link(chaining them with friends works best).
If you have no friends create two accounts and refer yourself, you'll need an alt anyway.
Or use this link:
secure.eveonline.com/signup/?invc=4eca5d19-7c52-44fd-9de6-ff7b1398159c&action=buddy
If you upgrade to Omega send me a mail with the date when you upgraded and I will give you the entire PLEX.

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.
No, really. Find a corp.
You don't want to be that guy.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy

Future:
>Citadel Insurance! (Feb)

Present:
>Winter War

Past:
>Nov 25: Eve Down Under
>Nov 15: Alpha clones, Engineering Complexes, reworked boosters
>Sep 27: Coronation of Catiz I
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 23: Goons move to Delve, SMA closes
>Jul 19: Broski joins then kills QFC
>Jul 07: AT rule changes: 10 players, no cap-xfer, no CDs, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, overlay vectors, new implants, drugs legal, NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion now ECM immune, mass fitting
>Jun 23: RIP SP dailies
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

Previous: /dog/ /eveg/

Permalink: orph.link/eog

Other urls found in this thread:

jitajitajita.ytmnd.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

thanks calvin

And here I hoped this general would just die in peace and never come back.

Thank you based Kevin.

When Kevin loses the will to live I guess it will.

>Amarr

jitajitajita.ytmnd.com/

first for infinite ammo

in the last thread, someone mentioned if you smartbombed a bunch of concord, each would summon like 5 more or whatever. is that recursive?

can I make contracts from anywhere in the galaxy?
So make jita alt, courier contract to the approved JF pilot, he takes the bear asses to null, and then I contract the items to my main?

Yeah, pretty much. But you can only do it for private contracts, if I remember correctly.

How many of you would actually join a Veeky Forums Corporation?

I'm not talking about Love Squad, Broski, White Stag, Tengoo, I'm talking about making an actual 4 Chan corp.

Like the opposite of Dreddit.
I think this general has an average age of 21+ so there is a chance it could be a more mature group of people.

And just like Dreddit we will fly our Clover flag and not try to be user.

Anyone?

Sounds cool. How would we call it? Maybe Moot's Last Jihad?

>MLJ's and All Out corpses are still warm and someone wants to create another Veeky Forums corp again

Corps with 11 Members, full of shitters, and not actively recruiting....

And why do you think a new Veeky Forums corp will be any different?

sure, ain't got shit to do anyway

They're not actively recruiting because they died within a week.

can the Rokhs align time be improved easily?

I'd use the Naga, but it can't fit 1400mm guns, and these NPC quest things are getting annoying.

>it's the 1400mm naga autist again

>caliber jealousy

>EVE's barrier to entry is its complexity and learning curve
>not the 3/4 month slog of core fitting/ship skills just to have a half decent frigate

>1400mm
why the fuck aren't you fitting 3500mm guns?

find me some and I'll mount em

money is no object.

>too poor to buy injectors

>investing full AAA price and more in a game that has yet to give you a single reason to

listen bud I made enough money in month to get plex and 2 skill injectors while wardec'd and I'm not even a vet, I literally started playing last month. AND I had time to join a low sec corp and roam around killing stuff and exploding. No, I don't play 24/7. You are just incompetent. I bet you never achieved anything worthwhile in your life and thought you can do something in Eve, but this game won't just handle everything to you on a silver platter like WoW. If you don't even enjoy this game why are you trying to play it? Nothing will change if you get a BS or a carrier. Just leave and go fap and cry yourself to sleep. All the possibilities to do something with your life are gone. You will not find redemption in this game. Accept you are a failure and continue leeching. Or admit you lost at life and kill yourself, this would would be better without you.

yeah, no

I got my first solo kill after 2 weeks of skill training

git gud

who cute here

do rogue drones do any ewar like other pirate npc's?

>one day make 200m ISK in an hour
>next day find nothing but data and sleeper sites after 5 hours online
Why did I fall for the wormhole explo meme.

wtf is going on in eystur?
nothing on zkill, but 27 ships destroyed in the last hour on map

They web and point.

nothing like ECM though?

No, nothing else. You can run hordes in a badly skilled vni.

thanks

you anom ratting in the drone lands?

yes

coming for you rn

drone lands are more suited for mining and carrier ratting because you can go an entire day without a neut poking in. Bad for subcap ratters because they dont have a rock haven equivalent, so all the time your drones spend traveling to rats all over the grid eats a good amount of your ticks, also no loot. Your choice of lower ticks but you spend much less time docked because of the higher safety.

fuggin eve market guy said PLEX's would be in the low 900 mils by now. instead they are hovering around 1 bil.

that's what you get for trusting a jew

Concord?

>wormhole shitter comes into system
>doesn't do anything except kill corvettes
what a fag

people getting concorded shows up on zkill im pretty sure

Yeah which is only possible against an objectively terrible player. Starting skills/fitting vs practically any other pilot in low sec / fw will get absolutely hammered. They will catch your kite, far out damage and tank your brawler. T2 and faction ships everywhere. Of course you can score a kill against someone asleep or a carebear, but 95% of others you won't stand a chance against.

so if a mission wants you to kill another empire's ships is there any reason to not decline it?
you lose standing and dont get bounties for killing the ships

try not living in hi sec you stupid piece of worthless shit

LMAO

FUCKIGN WREKT SCRUB

How do I sell all these blueprints that I get from exploration? I am sure most of them are worth fuck all, but some of them seem good.

Where does one get fittings these days?

chill out my dude, just trying missioning instead of explo

Contracts

Single contract for each, or bundle them up?

I try to skip those
there's a few missions where you don't even need to shoot them, don't remember which though

Daily reminder if you're not doing level 5 missions for 700 million isk an hour you are a poorfag not worth mentioning. If you think you need an alliance to live in the pocket you're also retarded

If you care about faction standings skip them. They do sorta drop give bounties in the form of the ships dropping dogtags. The dogtags can be sold to an opposing faction's navy corp for money. For instance a Caldari Navy Midshipman I dogtag will drop from a caldari navy mission frig and can be sold to a Federation Navy station for like 3500 isk.

You're probably more likely to sell them off one-at-a-time unless you do a big discount for a bulk contract.

PLEASE skip those, I started out eve by running missions and just accepted them. Then much later I wanted to do shit in other areas and couldnt fucking go anywhere or the faction police would get me. Took like a month of lvl1 and lvl2 missions and Diplomacy V before I finally got them to just above being a criminal

>geckos

damn i forgot about geckos. I should invest in a few. I used to love killin shit with them in under 5 seconds. A bitch to replace though, since im space poor.

Antipharmakon Aeolis

>Started playing last month
>Makes enough money to plex AND buy skill injectors
>This game doesn't hand things to you
>Everyone else is too incompetent

I don't think I'm going to to wait for your expansion pack. I'll just hold on until Shit That Never Happened 2 comes out.

>replying to pasta
That aside I dont think its impossible to buy a plex and 1 or 2 injectors within the first month as long as you're a neet.

Well...fuckin...touche.

>Where does one get fittings these days?
o smium

But the 3-4 months do SUCK. I bought my 3 months block of time and I think I been on for about 6-7 days doing nothing. Made about 130-200-400 million isk, and trained my way to fly an Orca cause my friend has one he said I could fly when hes not around hes a 3 year or so EvE vet.

are you a horde guy?

whats the point of an orca these days?

How important is ship agility? I'm just finishing off the velocity skill to V but I would really like to keep agility at IV for now. I'm just a bit sick of support skills etc and would like to get my T2 blasters

It has a slight effect on things like your ship's ability to keep a tight orbit but, in general, its main use is to lower align time, so unless going from IV to V would lower your align time by a tick (e.g. making your align time go from 10.2 seconds to 9.8 seconds, which would actually be going from 11 seconds to 10 seconds) it won't have a huge impact.

yeah...cause you start to min/max frigates after you are done with cruisers and by that time you have a lot of ISK and skills built up so of course you are going to have nice stuff.

If you wanna fly t1 frigs in PvP do it in a gang or fleet.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

oneiros

ded

>see /dog/ dying
>abstain from bumping it

my belief is having all your support skills maxed out is a lot more valuable than t2 guns

Best scanning ship?

Interceptor

It's not smartbombing concord. It's smartbombing players in high sec.
It summons concord per damage dealt, so it's some constant (~5) TIMES cycles you can pull off before concord show up TIMES players in range TIMES players smartbombing.

Smartbomb ganks tend to create a several hundred km radius cloud of concord ships.
Only seen it twice but yeah. Nothing all too interesting really, just a game quirk.

Helios is the best I can find.

Best smol shit to btfo HIC?

small energy neutralizer

So I'm in BNI, which is a great corp, learned a lot, had loads of fun and lel content.

But I'm getting sick of being the punching bag, we moved to CR and turns out EE back stabbed us, PH can't help us, PL and NC. are raping us just as usual, INIT are taking back what they lost to us, MOA have their own problems and can't help and the culture are drafting war plans to push our shit in.

Where do I go? Should I just join PH? Same climate but with daddys protection and stable space?

>So I'm in BNI, which is a great corp

said no one ever

>traversing null in anything other than an interceptor

>running ded, have intel multiple jumps away, they'd still have to probe me and jump multiple gates and that's if I didn't cloak
>whole time head is pounding, stick napkins under sweaty arms, and neck aches from being being so stiff and overly attentive to local

>traverse it in a t1 explorer
>keep doing so for an hour or two every day after work
>bring back 2b
>no fucks given

You joke, but this is how the average nullbaby actually feels.

>tfw live in hisec and this is how I feel
fuckin' elite pvpers

>be me
>attempt to do what you did
>get asswiped by random gatecampers despite intel and Evedotlan, PLH, Tripwire

count your fuckin' lucky stars m8

Are you an alpha clone? Gate camps are generally pretty easy to get out of with cloak, unless they're smartbombing.

Omega, currently training covops frigs and cloak, probably another week or two until I can fly a covops frig.

Occasionally, I get smartbombed, but I'll probably stay out of null until I can fly that sweet, sweet helios, so I don't get wiped by some faggot in a sabre.

Even in a t1 exploration frigate with a t2 cloak if you go through a gate and end up bubbled in a gate camp you can typically make it out by double clicking in whichever direction has the least dense concentration of campers, immediately hitting your cloak and MWD, then slowboating it out of the bubble.

Gotcha, thanks for the advice.

it's not luck m8, just don't go for obvious routes

I didn't.
It was through NPC null.

that doesn't matter m8, you went where people are likely to go when crossing whatever region you were in

i hope it wasn't fucking stain by the way because then i'm about 10 times less surprised than i already am