/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

>Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2017/01/18/homestead-launch-dates
elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2017/01/04/crown-store-showcase--january-4th-2017

>Latest ESO Live
twitch DOT tv/videos/117763621

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/307930/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-11
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>PTS patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/311708/pts-patch-notes-v2-7-0-homestead/p1
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/315794/pts-patch-notes-v2-7-3

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [Begiinner's Guide]
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm (embed) - Alcast/Deltia Guides

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Geobasket or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>Is this game worth playing?
Yes, no, maybe. Inquire within.

Other urls found in this thread:

esoui.com/downloads/info1174-VotansKeybinder.html
twitter.com/TESOnline/status/825739067115585536
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for shit game.

>Begiinner's Guide

You cheeky fucker.

>>Begiinner's
>that OP image
You cheeky memelord.

Quiz Time!
If you play connect the dots with all the wayshrines in the game, which birth-sign constellation do you end up with?

No idea. The Thief?

Haha ERP

How to taunt?

It's a bunch of enemies, always one escape from me and attack my team mates. God, I'm a shitty tank, I don't know what do to.

;_;

>group immobilize like Choking Talons
>poke everything with SnB #1
>if something is far away yank it to you with something like Fiery Grip or w/e
ez pz

play dk, get talons and fiery grip. group everyone up, talon them and ones that get away you use fiery grip to pull them back to you. also pull archers towards you with fiery grip as well

Nice mullet.

always a classic.

ERP fun haha

can you replace an enchantment on your gear?

Closed PC na bank killed this general

If people could have been responsible adults then it could have stayed open.

If people weren't such niggers we wouldn't have a closed bank

what happened?

Yes

Why put in things you don't want taken out? Or kick people that take everything constantly?

A good person to the guild always just deposits shit and very rarely takes, a decent person gives as much as he takes, an okay person takes some but tries to give back what he can, a shit person takes a lot and gives nothing at all, and a cancer to the guild just takes everything

a cancer will also sell things he takes from the guild bank in the same guild store like the dirty little shit he is

is the launcher broken for anyone else?

Sure, but you have a guild bank history to kick out the cancer, don't punish the good people because of the cancer's actions.

okay, let's say the guild bank was open to all

a nig joins and empties the bank because everyone has access

your solution is to kick the nig and let the possibility of this happen again?

Then y'all have an incompetent/lazy guild leader. Never had a problem with this in all huge normie trading guilds I've had bank access too. I was in the PS4 NA guild for a while, and the guild leader seemed like a cool guy. Bank was always full of good shit as well, and since the guild was pretty dead there was never a problem with people taking everything. Best of luck to all of you in the PC NA guild.

you've never heard of stories of even normies getting their guild bank robbed? there's these types of people everywhere, especially people from Veeky Forums

This might be worse on PC if you can create multiple accounts with one copy of the game, on consoles you also need to buy the online service per account to play.

Haven't looked at the guild bank tools, but in other MMO's that I've played there are sometimes tools that will give guild members access to only certain sections of the bank, or a limit of how many items that can be withdrawn a day. Anything like that here?

Unfortunately not, I don't think you can even see what items are in the guild bank without withdraw permissions

Every large guild that I have joined has bank access only to trusted members. You honestly don't see the risks of giving access to everyone in your guild?

You can see what's in the guild bank. You usually ask someone that has access to it to withdraw something for you

Yes, it freezes up my game when I try to play. I have to use the eso64.exe and bypass the launcher.

Sometimes I think the game hates me.

What did you guys put in the US bank anyway? The EU one is basically nothing but green recipes and mercenary motifs.

Did manage to get it, though it took a few minutes. Had to jump just right, then zoom the camera in and out and angle it to be able to interact with the chest.

Reminds me of those artefacts you could collect in swtor and gw2, always hidden behind jumpman stuff.

What? I made multiple fake accounts so I could have my own guild bank.

Well that's fine, I meant people making a new account after getting banned from a guild to get back in

Oh. Thought you meant you couldn't. My bad.

>Want to play
>Don't want to deal with weird guy in social guild
>Doesn't matter when I log in, he's always there
>As soon as you get in, asks you to get in vent
>Starts to ramble about bullshit every time
>Like everyone else in the guild but him
>Guy is a top tier DPS due to autism, so they don't want to lose him

>mfw withdraw access to 50m+ guild bank
I don't how some of these GMs do it, literally could take 1% tax out of some of these banks and never have to grind for cash again.

Some get off on the power, some just want to do whats best for the guild. Some just love the game.

That took so long that I was getting worried!

>Log in
>Immediately see this in chat

Some fag started taking a shit ton of things. Before that happened people would pretty much take something out and put something in. But from having 450+ items in the guild bank we dropped to ~140.

We used to have plenty of motifs, gear to deconstruct, for leveling or sets, plenty of mats and I even saw some legendary crafting items here and there. As well as stacks of high cp food.

But thankfully since the bank got closed I've seen some growth and revival in the guild bank. You will always find people online that can access it and get what you want.

it's an aoe pack, dps aoes it all down and you don't need to taunt
maybe block and use the monster set that pulls them in, or the dk chain to bring in ranged mobs to the aoe death pit

>log in ready to do some mother fucking dungeons
>queue random vet
>banished cells 1, one of the pledges YUSS
>get in
>they are on final boss
>tank is a 15k health magsorc ""dps"" in robes
>other DPS is cp20
What a shitty start to the night

>people who queue as tank when they're really DPS
Literally cancer. Sure, there are some dungeons where you can get away with this, but it's a douche thing to do in a public queue. If you want tank queue times, make a fucking tank.

Its not always like that. I've been in dungeons where I've queued as as DPS, and when the group breaks apart I am suddenly labeled the tank. Why, because I have a single piece of heavy armor on? Or because I have the highest health/mitigation between me and the minmaxed sorc?

>Crypt of Hearts II
>Fungal Grotto II
>Cradle of Shadow
>The same fucking day

What is the worst dungeon and why is it Spindleclutch II?

>the most boring and generic "dark cave" environment
>shit backstory
>no interesting mechanics
>almost all bosses are humanoids

>feel like doing some comfy IC farming
>see pic related
I'm still amazed I manage to get the single worst PvP faction in every single game

Am I cute?

platform/server/campaign?

PC,EU,Azure something something

>old lady frills
I can't honestly say I would fug that reptile.

Nice catch

in a 4 man vet dungeon, how much % dps should i be doing in a 2x dps 1x healer 1x tank setup?

in my last run i was averaging around 70% of group dps and i wondered if the other guy was playing with his thumb up his ass or something

There can legit be DPS trying their hardest getting 8k.

yeah he's playing with his thumb up his ass, reasonable "I'm not fucking clueless" deeps is about 20-25k+. Tank will do fuck all damage, healer is generally expected to do a bit of damage it don't take much to lay a couple dots or aoes down and they should be weaving light attack between their heals and shit anyway.

>mfw guildie tell some guy combined group dps of 20k+ will get you through all dungeons on vet and even any deeeps check
that literally wont even get you past the first proper boss in vet fungle 2

by legit you mean they don't weave/cancel, use possibly a single dot/aoe at time and have blue mix&match quest gear in non-traits, I'd have actually fucking try to get my dps down to 8k

I'm leveling an alt now and because of battle leveling I just don't get how it's possible, I get 10k+ with like half a bar of unmorphed trash at sub-level 10.

By legit, I mean it really happens.

Name my band /tesog/

>He seriously believes that most guilds trust randoms/new members
Hahaha oh fucking wow

9 and the 11s

So is steadfast ward as good as I'm thinking it is? Popping the shield at low health followed up by a heal seems pretty strong.

My dps goes down very time I try to weave. Am I retarded?

Altmer or Dunmer for magsorc?

>mfw account-wide keybind addon
god bless pc

GIMME THAT!

You're not alone, bro.

>Got an MMO mouse for 20 bucks off someone
>Game improves considerably

esoui.com/downloads/info1174-VotansKeybinder.html

What's a good addon for DPS tracking?

magblade or magplar for best solo endgame experience?

Magplar

Ahh, good to see that when I graduate from Blackwater, the EP won't be useless fucks any longer.

Also, suck it yellowfag.

bump

ded

the mahmoud awad experience

is there any negative using a dagger with the shield?

Combatmetric

no

Do the Imperials have a custom afterlife like the Nords' Sovngarde and the Redguards' Far Shores?

Yes.

>Researching
>Think my 8th trait is finished
>Log in all excited
>2 more days

Never played templar, what makes magplars such good pve soloers? Is it basically using their heal on hit class abilities with mag aoe spells?

Puncturing Sweep, Cleasins Ritual and high solo sustain with next patch.

Pretty much that and few other heals/buffs that are pretty op also because of how heals work, which is that the same stuff you use to improve your healing also increases your damage e.g. magicka and spell damage/crit. You can just sit around easy mode doing the virtually the same damage everyone else could be doing but if shit goes south you can just drop some 0-100% health heal when ever you want.

They are low-key the best class but people are catching on, it's better than a magblade anyway which is the worst class for everything ever.

So, good alt to run up for solo tel var stone grinding.

Yeah if grinding bosses, you can also grind people with mag/stamblade by muhh KO from stealth cancerplay which what that entire class is made for and always will be.

Groovy. Main is a DK tank, and while I have great survivability, I have almost no aoe so trash groups take me a while.

what is weave? Is it animation cancelling or does it differ from it?

Because I keep seeing people talking about it and I get insecure because I do animation cancel between my attacks but I'm not sure if it's the same :^(

twitter.com/TESOnline/status/825739067115585536

what is this

underrated

yeah pretty much it's when you animation cancel with light/heavy attacks, animation cancel in general could mean block, weapon swap or dodge roll cancelling.