Music List: pad.riseup.net/p/datmusic
Meets List: pad.riseup.net/p/datmeets
/dat/ Fap: zeemaps.com/map?group=1829299

>Community Links
Cart/o/graphy Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1049739
/dat/ Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DailyAusfagThread/

>Guides & Information
/dat/ External PDF List: pad.riseup.net/p/datpdfs
/dat/ Recommended Cars: my.mixtape.moe/akuicw.jpg (embed)
RAA Used Car Checklist: raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2343891
carsales.com.au/private/details/Nissan-180SX-1994/SSE-AD-4223428/?Cr=3
carsales.com.au/private/details/Nissan-350Z-2003/SSE-AD-4442819/?Cr=1
youtube.com/watch?v=BIAhkO7RcEQ
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/happy-valley/cars-vans-utes/1972-volkswagen-beetle-baja/1139262220
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Servicing the Audi will be cheaper than the Subaru.

>tfw the Subaru will be so thrashed to fuck that a performance model Audi will be cheaper to keep running

You'll get almost no cop attention in it too, that is if there are cops in Tassie in the first place.

the cops will rape you if you drive anything cheap and rwd, eg ke70 or r31, i had a mate who got defected 3 times in one day because his 180 was in primer looking full drift spec with no front bumper,
youll still get attention in any 'aca approved rare import' but not to the same extent

>Sucking dicks at the local public toilet on weekends.

That's the point. Compared to old Jap shit he'll be invisible in an S3. It really looks no different to the A3, and the A3 is an utterly unremarkable commuter for badgewhores.

>no front bumper
if your radiator and other components are exposed its defectable. also "danger" to pedestrians, ive known of people failing rego for having cracked/jagged bumpers.

how are these not so popular? why the fuck does no one want a car thats reasonably quick with no cop attention?

>youll still get attention in any 'aca approved rare import' but not to the same extent
No he won't, anything respectable (i.e Audis and BMWs that aren't modded hazzimy machines) will go completely unnoticed by anyone. The import part won't come into it at all since they're common cars, not some one of a kind import.

1, that was me
2, i was referring to the jap import, not euro

Is it just me or is /dat/ full of city dwelling hipster faggots?

You can only post in this thread if your car/s didn't have a catastrophic failure in the last week.

Sorry falcunt, there'll be another thread by Monday :^)

its just you.

>ey brudda dey talking bout car thats not commodore or falcoon? fakcen unstrayans city poofs

Then why do most of you live in a city and act like hipster faggots if you aren't that?

Because they're old, unreliable and expensive to fix.

You can buy a nice, clean 180sx with what it would cost to replace the glass gearbox in an S3...and you will be replacing the gearbox.

>why the fuck does no one want a car thats reasonably quick with no cop attention
Haldex isn't full-time AWD and the S3 has utterly unremarkable looks. Also it's not that quick (154kW to 165kW) and it's cheaper to get a performance model (GTI, R32, etc.) Golf.

Nice interior, though. Leather seats were a standard feature.

>180sx
>nice, clean
I don't suppose you've got a leprechaun to sell me too?

yeah but im a p plater so 180s are impossible to insure for comp

might be cheaper for a performance model but the insurance definitely isnt

I suppose they take into account that it originally sold for a small fortune too.

>yeah but im a p plater so 180s are impossible to insure for comp

I totally get that man, we've all been there, i'm just trying to steer you clear of winding up in a situation like...

forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2343891

..I won't bother pointing out which posts are mine, but the point is that Audi's are insanely expensive to fix and the gearboxes on the AWD models are garbage.... and buying an older one is a REALLY bad idea, especially if you're on a tight budget.

Will you take this instead?

carsales.com.au/private/details/Nissan-180SX-1994/SSE-AD-4223428/?Cr=3

>unspecified sick mawds
That fucking cannon aside it certainly passes the look test, but the last thing you want on your hands is someone's ticking bomb of a project.

who the fuck was telling me parts are cheaper than a subaru

>whingepool
m8.

That aside, I reckon it's a toss-up between that and something like a Ps'-marked Subaru that will cost a ton to unfuck.

>and buying an older one is a REALLY bad idea, especially if you're on a tight budget
The same applies to most sports cars.

Nobody said the parts were cheaper. It was that it would cost less to get an S3 running nicely than it would to fix a P-plater's abused Subaru.

Given your desire for no body roll and "AWD" for snow, and your taste for abused riceboxes this was the best alternative.

Honestly if you rang the guy up, I doubt there would be anything too wild going on under the bonnet.

It is pretty fucking scary how hard they are getting to find though, was a really nice bone stock one in Adelaide for sale last week, 9k, one owner. The temptation was real.

I'm old enough that a 180sx was something any high school chump could afford with a years with of savings from working in a supermarket part time....now, I honestly feel bad for a lot of the younger guys trying to find something fun that's reasonable value and reliable, I mean they're all scrambling over the same stuff we were a decade ago and not only has the shit not gotten younger, it's even more expensive than it was then and is thrashed to shit.

not the dude u replied to but if theres such a ginormous market for rwd turbo coupes why did nissan and other companies cut themselves out of such a huge market around the turn of the millennium

Haven't you got some taters to pick?

>It was that it would cost less to get an S3 running nicely than it would to fix a P-plater's abused Subaru.

Having owned and spent unholy amounts of money on both Aud's and Subaru's over the years i'd have to politely disagree.

Both are going to eat money, no doubt about it, but the Subaru will eat less, be easier to source parts for second hand/in wreckers and is a whole lot easier to work on yourself.

I'd say just hang out for the right buy, there was a clean, one owner GT Forester on Gumtree not long ago, 140,000k's, manual, $4250, something like that with regular maintenance, timing belt at 200,000k's will see you right for 100,000+ k's no problems.

lol testosterone riddled males aren't a huge market man, they're "a" market, sure, but not the biggest or most profitable.

carsales.com.au/private/details/Nissan-350Z-2003/SSE-AD-4442819/?Cr=1

should i do it senpai

can someone explain the decagone drinking game to me please?

>Sorry falcunt, there'll be another thread by Monday
Tuesday if falcunt/his samefagging isn't allowed to post

>350z

>Literal class action suits filed against Nissan

>Chugs oil like falcunt chugs cum

>Entire engines replaced under warranty (that was the later 05/06's only though I think)

I mean on paper I like the sound of them, but i'd do a ton of reading up on the various problems they had before dropping any money on one, that is a super tidy example though.

The Miata and 86/BRZ are selling well enough, no? And the WRX/STi has always been a solid seller.

Oh for sure, but it's not as if those cars make up the bulk of those manufacturers sales.

But that's basically what happened in the early 2000's though, we moved away from dedicated sports cars into more practical four door cars with some serious punch and that's continued right up until today, some of the FWD Turbo hatches out there these days are just fucking bonkers.

It would be great to see more cars like the BRZ/86 though, just with perhaps a little less fat and a little more poke.

>IDX
I always laugh when I'm reminded of that. It's a good indication of how butthurt they were with the Toyobaru twins gaining global critical acclaim, they just had to say "w-w-we can too!".

They then produced a clay model with no disclosed powerplant, no viability and no real intention of ever putting such a vehicle into production.

It's a pity. And even more a pity that Ghosn doesn't decide to give Nii-san and Mitsu a revived Silvia/Starion to actually compete with the Toyobaru. Call it a continuation of the Evo/STi rivalry that advanced the two over and over.

>tfw trying to stay up for night shift

What music you cranking cunts?
youtube.com/watch?v=BIAhkO7RcEQ

What series Landcruiser should I be looking at for under $10k?

70 or 80?

Welp i start in 3 hours wish me luck muh doods

>starting work 9am on a sunday
what job?

I said i wouldnt tell till im comfortable so in about 3 weeks im not letting anyone fuck this up even myself

Just what field, hospitality, labouring, retail, what

;3

sucking cocks

>:3

/Dat/ is dead, it's literally fatcunt samefagging and one other user posting. R.I.P.

T. 8am in the morning

casual cleaner at a mechanics.

>47 replies
>18 posters

The numbers don't work out, m8. Your neckbearded bogeyman isn't samefagging this time.

What do you think about learning manual and doing my Ps on a b16 swapped eg?

easier to find a cheap 80

cunts treat 70 series as if they're made of gold

Don't buy someone else's project.

Also it might not be legal for you to drive on your P's depending on where you live.

Do it cunt. Civic's great for learning in and no copper is going to be enough of an autistic Hondafag to pick it out.

i got memed by wetsanding
spray some panels
orange peel, dust, imperfections
wet sand with 800, 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500 then 3000
buff with heavy cutting compound, light, polish then swirl/scratch remover all on an orange pad.
get it to a nice shine but scratches still present.
concede it looked better before.
dang

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/happy-valley/cars-vans-utes/1972-volkswagen-beetle-baja/1139262220

Thoughts on this? I already have a daily and work ute, but have been thinking about a fun project car. I grew up wrenching on dirt bikes/farm beaters so I can't see it being too difficult and the money isn't a huge issue.

Just checked it out but I don't know a whole lot about old VW's. It sounded fucking awesome, drove well (although putting it in reverse was weird), shifted fine, brakes were a little weak but the owner mentioned that in the ad, I don't live very far away so it wouldn't be a problem to get it home. Cool owner, has two other Beetles (one Subi powered) as well as a nice GT Foz and seemed to know his stuff. He was even willing to throw in a bunch of other parts not listed in the ad.

Old VWs, Mercs and BMWs are great and simple to work on. The old Beetles had really simple engines too.

Yeah I really liked how simple everything seemed, it was seriously just like a big go kart, everything was just right there and easy to get to.

Get a good mechanic to look it over, those things can rust like nothing else
But if you've driven it and are happy with it then go nuts. My main advice for someone looking at a beetle is to not expect it to be anything more than an old primitive pos, but obvs you're fine with that

>har har har i wanna kill myself normie memes

go back to work wagecuck

>when you get so sick of the NEET life that you become incredibly driven to find a job and make friends

>when you get so sick of having a job and friends who keep inviting you out to shitty pubs with bad food and loud as fuck music

Congratulations on not being a deadbeat drain on society

>when you wished you would get invited to parties and social things but didnt
>then you finally do and you hate every second of it
>then you stop getting invited to any and want to go them again
>but then you do and you hate it

Maybe I'm just broken I don't fucking know.
I'm meeting up with a girl I used to hang out with months ago but as soon as she said yes, I regretted asking since it means I have to go out and be social.
Why do I only like the idea of social shit but hate it if I actually get it.

You're probably a closet homo and the interaction and relationships you crave aren't the ones you're getting.

Probably not homo friend, sometimes I wonder if I'm just nothing. I haven't any interest in sex anymore.

im fucking done with this piece of shit car

first it was reverse not working and now third gear synchro has shit itself

time to go back to the mechanic and tell him that his gearbox is fucked

it's not his fault you can't use a transmission worth a shit

im not treating it any different to how anyone else would drive a manual

so i dont understand why its fucked already

i dont want to have to spend more money on a shit gearbox again i wanted to replace the head gaskits and get a cam

just buy a camry

>im not treating it any different to how anyone else would drive a manual
You obviously are if EVERY car you've ever owned has ended up with a fucked gearbox.
Just buy an automagic Toyota Camry and give up on anything interesting.

>implying i can afford a camry on neetbux

lets just hope this job pans out then

anyway id prefer a v8. not a shitbox camry.

Gday,

im thinking of building an r31 to do drifting and id like to know
what would be better? an rb20det or a turboed rb30, the rb20 can probs handle more boost and revs faster but the rb30 has a bigger displacment

if anyone can help would be appreciated

>he can't even afford an old Camry
>buys a shitbox old Calais and calls a Camry shit
>has had an endless line of unreliable shitboxes
Face it my man, the universe has decided V8s and manual transmissions just aren't for you.

just pull an rb30 turbo out of a vl commodore or something

they take huge amounts of boost and the bigger displacement is better for drifting

RB20DET will redline for days, RB30E will give you gobs of torque and getting it turbocharged will probably cost less than buying a whole RB20DET.

arent the VL rb30s SOHC?

how much does an rb20 cost if you do know?

All RB30s are SOHC, and I dunno, look on gumtree or something in your local area.

yeah will do, isnt any in my state

as long as itl rip a skid in the dry around a track if its cheaper to turbo an rb30 ill do that

how much do you charge per dick sucked?

>tfw you're foreskinanon
>have met up with and sucked and/or fucked at least 4 regulars of /dat/
>all want to remain anonymous
>1 regularly calls me a degenerate etc.

Such is life :)

Jimmy right?

Lol

Hows nicole.

>keeping a performance audi on the road being cheaper than anything not from italy

Uuh, what cunt.

He's Jimmy I bet

$20,000 transmissions anyone?

What's a good dirt cheap shitbox for between $500 - $2000 bucks that won't break down for the next 6 months at least?

My e36 is likely to kick the bucket soon, and I'm thinking of buying a purely transportational shitbox while I save money.

Nah all good

camry

Mitsubishi Mirage.

I got a manual 2003 hatch with 140,000km on it for $1000. Needed a regas but that was it for problems I had with it. Ran about 6-7L/100km around town as well.

Corolla, anything Jap really.

Cheers cunts. Was thinking of commonwhores or corollas, probs go for a corolla or pulsar now. My old man refuses to let me buy a mitsubishi because of his experience with them.

Idk about other states, but I'm 99% sure that in QLD, you can't drive modplated vehicles on your P's. Unles you have a work license, i.e; mechanic, tyre fitter.

Best not to get a Mitsubishi anyway, no matter what little thing would go wrong, your old man would be on your back about it saying "TOLD YOU NOT TO GET ONE SON" every time.

I've had an 85 camry for four years now, love it to bits but it's on its way out.

I'm looking at
>galant vr4
>honda legend
>is300
>or surfing time and finding a cressida so i can kinda have the same experience as i did with the camry

General opinions?
I don't have a manufacturer bias but euros and subies are a no and it would take a lot for me to cop a mazda

Barra turbo

galant vr4s are cool imo, some game with the 4G6E engine
dunno about the honda
wouldnt go near a lexus because most are auto
only experience with a cressida was when a m8 had one which drank oil

My roommate called me a fag because I bake something every week. Am I a gay /dat/?