How did the moment right before you were about to buy your first car feel?

I was wondering why I was purchasing a car I didn't know how to drive
Yes it was stick
No I didn't drive it home

>inb4 this thread archives with less than 10 responses cause of broke ass 4chinners.

Don't bump shut threads.

bump.

Like it wasn't going to be a pile of shit.

why so bitter? are you a bus rider?

Felt good man

That is the most atrocious font I have ever seen on a gauge cluster.

Tell me what it is so I can avoid it forever.

Looks kind of like an old Lincoln.

Lincolns lit up bright Ferd green, they had the same digital dash as Ford and Mercury with the occasional extra color or info readout.

Awkward. I semi-knew the guy, and was doing the transaction on his kitchen table with the laptop I'd dragged along for the purpose.
This was before the days of smartphones, of course. But I wasn't going to carry hundreds in cash around.

Naturally, it was running on fumes. Then I spent 10 minutes trying to open the fuel cap. Turns out the cap itself locked, not the plug, and it locked with the remote central locking I wasn't used to, because the car I'd been borrowing from my mother didn't have it. She was and still is a little paranoid of wireless anything.
Although considering she once unlocked and got into someone else's car with her key, and I've managed to unlock multiple cars with one press of a remote of the same age? Kind of justified in the late 90s.
Nearly destroyed the car on the drive home; dimwit in a VW campervan had overheated in roadworks and traffic didn't show that until I had to swerve around them.

>putting gas in a car is hard

Early 90's Cadillac. Like a DeVille or something.

Indifferent, I couldn't imagine myself owning it.

>be me

>it has a v8, it must be fast!

>hand dealers $24,000 mostly cash.

>2 days later, open back road coming home from work, put it to the floor.

>fuck this things slow.

feelsbadman.jpeg

Weight to power ratio.

>Tmw got first car at 16 because I made money
Felt good

I was excited to get a car for the first time, for as long as I can remember I've been into cars and getting my own was like a rite of passage to me, but at the same time I felt kind of bummed out because the lady who was selling me her car was starting to tear up and cry when she was handing over the keys and everything because she loved that car so much.

how long did the feeling of uncertainty and possible regret last if any while you were learning stick

Not him but there was a solid 2 weeks for me where I had some serious buyers remorse. I had finally gotten my license and a car, and I couldn't even drive the fucking thing

not him either but I kind of had fun trying to learn how to drive manual. I learned the basics by watching youtube videos and then just took my car out at like 1 am when the roads were empty and just kept trying until I could drive consistently without stalling. The trickiest part was hill starts but I eventually became quicker with getting off the brakes and onto the gas. Also getting comfortable with revving the engine more than you think helps a lot.

North America is just silly. Why are you allowed to get your license with an automatic car and then drive a manual car? It's basically like learning how to drive again.

I was finding the most beat up automatic compact shitbox with 4 seats because my mom hates cars.

took it home and fixed all the dents with a heat gun. touched up paint, cleaned the disgusting interior completely, repaired the whole fucking thing basically.

bought it for $1,500 and sold it for $4,000 to a college girl on craigslist.

bought a miata after

>mfw

Unbelievable joy at the freedom I was about to get mixed in with massive terror over the responsibilities I was about to get.