Monster Hunter General-/mhg/

>News
MHXX is due out for 3DS in Japan on March 18.
Trailer 1: youtube.com/watch?v=5VV5-opm1TE
Trailer 2: youtube.com/watch?v=XiOBszkWCp0
Spoiler: youtube.com/watch?v=iJAaJHeuNg8

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

You're all bad at this game sadface

I stay awake at night crying over this fact.

Previous thread

I WANNA SEE ISABELLE BLACKED BY A GROUP OF NIGGERS

There's a link to scans of the artbooks in the OP.

Jump over that wall, if you're so great

Yeah i downloaded them but havent read it yet, i guess this is the excuse to do it now.

What armor set and weapons should Milla use in the Monster Hunter movie?

Is there any other option?

So from looking at wikipedia and ignoring spinoffs,

G is an expansion of the original game, which is again expanded in freedom unite. 3U>Tri and 4U>4 obviously.

So if one were to play all the main games it would be like

MH Freedom, MH 2, MH Freedom 2, MH Freedom Unite, MH Portable 3rd, MH3U, MH4U, MH Generations

is that right? Maybe it's unreasonable to play all of them

>tartan
cute!

>MH Freedom Unite, MH Portable 3rd, MH3U, MH4U, MH Generations 'Grank game'
my opinion is that these are the ones worth playing, everything else im goign to give a miss I guess exept for MHO but I feel as if im goign to drop that in the future.

Are you playing 4U? I did get errors on 4U and Gen before the latest maintenance, but now the errors on Gen has been fixed. 4U's errors still persist, though.

is this some armor from frontier?

Gwen from Toukiden 2. She's cute.

generic blond pony tail anime character desu

Ill delete that from my MonHum folder then, shame since its cute.

But cute tho

Don't forget the original Monster Hunter and its expansion on the PS2, as well as Dos. But just narrow it down to

>Freedom Unite, practically has all the content from the first two generations
>Portable 3rd
>3U
>4U
>Gen/XX

Then you got Freedom itself if you want to give 1st gen itself a try.

>p3rd
not anymore since Amatsu is in Gen and XX, only monsters in p3rd that weren't in 3U are Bulldrome, Tigrex + sub, Akantor and Ukanlos, which can be found in FU/4U/Gen/XX

Well that a shame since it felt comfy.

Portable 3rd isn't basically the same as 3U but without diving?

I don't know much about pre-FU but I've heard FU basically contains all the content of the previous games too, being an expansion of F2 with the content of F1 which were the portable G rank versions of 1 and 2 or something like that. P3rd never got a proper G rank version so include that I guess, the difficulty for p3rd is a lot lower than the other games I've played though. It does have the highest comfy factor. Generations is going to have a G rank version, it's called XX (double-cross, yes it's cringey as fuck) in japan (generations was called X, cross) and we don't know what it'll be called elsewhere (probably Generations Unite desu), but you'd want to wait for that.

Considering you'll probably be emulating p3rd and FU, that's just three games. But it IS a yearly franchise if you don't only include the ultimate/G/Unite versions of the games.

>tfw dropped MHO because it won't launch since the update that borked english patches and I'm too lazy to reinstall

I don't like the tiddyplate and the sword's a little too big but shes rly qt apart from those things.

Chain weapon set when.

Portable 3rd is a high rank game. Though 3U actually lacks some things from Tri, it practically takes all what P3rd has except Amatsu.

Suppose it's the most accessible 3rd gen option without Nintendo systems.

>different village
>spring + drinks instead of canteen
>felynes instead of cha cha + kayamba
>FU farm system instead of Tri farm system
>2 Tri maps reworked to not have underwater
>slightly different monster roster
>high rank only

if unite has all the content of the first gens then i dont need to do Freedom 1 separately then right?

Is this true that p3rd is obsolete? FU, 3U, 4U, XX then?

But generic tho

P3rd is technically obsolete roster-wise, but also very cheap (free) and easy (PPSSPP) to play.
So in terms of getting a good chunk of 3rd gen gameplay easily it's one of the best choices.

If cost is something to factor into your decisions of course.

cost is not a factor, just trying to narrow this large and expansive series down into as few core entries as possible

P3rd and FU are a good choice is you want to get into MH but don't have the funds for 3DS and any of its games.

>if unite has all the content of the first gens then i dont need to do Freedom 1 separately then right?

Pretty much, yeah. Though each game still has its own little things it keeps like their own village, Freedom Unite practically has all the monsters prior to Tri so you might as well play that.

>Is this true that p3rd is obsolete? FU, 3U, 4U, XX then?

It doesn't have monsters unique to it anymore, but it's still the most accessible 3rd gen game today.

well i hacked my 3ds and already have 4u and gen installed. For 3U I have on-hand a lets play since some games i enjoy watching more than playing

>pirating MH

theyre making billions, theyll be fine.

i have a backlog longer than the list of wwii casualties. i need to cut costs where i can

Not only you pirate but you also consider Let's Play a valid way of enjoying a game, kindly fuck off and don't come back to this general.

Some games suck to play and more fun to watch. I havent played yet so it is an alternative.

Its time to grow up and start thinking like an adult.

FU, 3U, 4U, XX, 3U might become obsolete roster wise since the only thing it has going for it are 3rd gen Bird Wyverns and Leviathans, some sub + rare species and 3rd gen elder dragon HP sponges

>not pirating MH
I brought 3u and 4u then returned them straight away after taking the cases for them.
Got a bit of my money back and supported crapcom while making it so no one wants to buy the game jus tbu its self and i also get the cases for my colletion.
>watching others play
Mate your a cuck

when's qurupeco comin back?

>empty case collector
Gotta admit I haven't heard that one before.

Hopefully never, bird wyverns are pure cancer

Its logicaly the best option other then just refunding the case as well for the extra money but its nice to have something to add to a collection.
its also better then that faggot who just pirates the game and watch lets plays.

I'm more curious about how the shop even accepts the refund without the case.

Not really she's actually a gaijin in the game, that's why her hair is blonde.

Gamestop/game/ebgames has heaps of cases for this reason man, it just devalues the return a but and you get a weird look unless you explain it then they just think of you as an autist, and i dont blame them.

You responded as if I cared

fuck off

You cared enough to post a few times before tho

But why go through all this trouble, anyway? you can just buy the game in the e-shop for cheaper, then spend 10 cents on a case and print the cover for it.

I bought only used MH games on Nintendo until 3DS piracy happened.

I dont have a printer user, i havent seen one for years now.
If i could i probaly still would buy it so the case is legit rather then a knock off.
again autisum I guess.

>again autisum I guess.

You are a very strange man, indeed.

I'm buying a 2ds to play MH and nobody can stop me.

Lifes to short to not do what you want to do and worry about how autistic you are perceved by the world, I just try and do what I want as much as i can. its the least we can do to feel free in this life.

Fucken do it man they look comfy as fuck and the cheaper price is nice.

Do I need to buy a new SD card right away? I'm planning on getting 4U first (and maybe hacking it later).

hack it off the bat so when a new update comes along you wont be up shit creek.
if your just going to hack it, not realy pirate games and just play 4u it will be fine and you can get a disk imaging tool to easy swap over the sd cards. you have to use a disk imaging tool since hacking it makes a partition on the sd card for the cfw that windows pc cant see.

I'm going to luck into it. Thanks.

Go to /hbg/ read the relivent stickys then ask any question that arnt answerd. They can be helpfull on a good day, just like this place

She comes tomorrow, how autistic am I for getting this and what figures should I get next?

Not MH go take it to the discord

Drop that girly shit and get some real plastic for manly men

>brought a monster hunter figure
>ask what monster hunter figure to get next
>not monster hunter
?

Keep it monster hunter user, i was thinking of this and the hunter with the normal armor.
Mabey even the divovoldo hunter since he looks good as well.

>That dragon lightning
ew

its optionaly put on since its a revlotech it has those kind of things.

>Degenerates itt advocating MH piracy.

Cringe. Proud buyer and supporter here. Bought the CE for MH4U and will buy it for any other games just so you faggots can have one more game to pirate.

I am Jesus Christ, born to carry your burden and sins.

The real cringe is you caring about what people on this site do and the shit u just wrote.
you are like doj incarnate

What people do affects me and future MH games so fuck off. Don't worry, I won't ask you to justify your piracy.

Why do you assume i pirate? and no it doesnt effect you, if you looked up the stats on people who hacked their 3ds its small in comparison to those who still buy games.
also out of those who hacked not many of them would play monster hunter as well.
its like your a child and think everything revolves around this site.

It's fucktards like you is why MHXX is being made

Not gonna buy a MH game off the shelf as long as it stays Nintendo exclusive.

Woah my bad I didn't know Monster Hunter has Monster Girls with wings out the ass looked like something out of frontier for second

Again my bad

so u havent played? gore set has wings desu

You sound like a cuck go prep your wife's bull and stop posting

keep giving nintendo your money you stupid fucking cuck

>implying I meant the set
Meant the weapon show me where the wings are on his in game designs
> how autistic am I for getting this
Very autistic you make MLX seem normal

>itt

Welfare leeches who are too dumb or lazy to scrape together fee dollars to support a game they'll play for hundreds of hours and then call it shit on /mhg/, as if to justify pirating it

OR

Underage b& who are too scared to steal mommy's credit card so instead they watch epic YouTube tutorial on 3ds hacking and think they are some sort of leet haxxor

Cringe

Nice damage control senpai

>play for hundreds of hours
Eh that's really a stretch. I usually only put like 100 hours into a MH game.

Also, there are people who play thousands of hours in Dota but never buy any premium stuff to support them. Really makes you think.

>Typing

>Like

>This
kys you redditor

>what is proper spacing

Underage b& detected. You'll learn about it in the English class next semester.

>implying Valve needs even more hat/esport money
Dota is f2p

>you arnt being autistic right now
so what weps do you equip out the ass mate? if anythign it would be armor and yes there is wings on armor.
why are you being such an autist atm, you on the same level as this guy atm

No, I simply answered your question and called the design of the figure you bought trash. You asked for the thoughts of others and you get what you get desu

The other guy is just stupid and trying to place himself above the rest of us just because he paid for the game

Ok then when is is trash? Because there is no armor like it in game? Because you have no imagination?
Just curious why you got triggered by it? Do you also get trigged by draw threads on /v/?

>Game as hundreds of unique cool armor sets
>99% of them have complete garbage skills
>Have to mix different parts together into a clown suit abomination in order to be viable in endgame

So what are the odds of this shit changing in the subsequent sequels?
I don't understand why vanity slots aren't a thing at the very least. MMOs have had that feature for at least a decade.

Does this trigger you user?

It's just a barioth girl riding a motorcycle in the snow. I see nothing wrong with this

Now dies this trigger you?

I like it because it looks like an upside down pac man face.
All im saying is jsut because its not official its still nice art.
the gore girl is fan art teir but quality fan art so who gives a fuck.

Any rooms up?