Heroes of the Storm General - /hotsg

Cute Dragons

>What's new?
Valeera and ching chong new year event out (FREECOCK)
youtu.be/fWY6RbiNgVk
>Latest In Development Video
youtu.be/XUhMCNzcUb0
>Year in Review
youtu.be/sYIpkktbm68
>Weekly Sale
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20483091/weekly-sale-jan-24-31-2017-1-24-2017

>Which heroes should I buy?
Play all the heroes on free rotation or try mode and see who you like. Don't buy heroes just to get into ranked, you'll regret it.

>Current Tier List
robogrub.com/tierlist

>Where do I find you cock riders?
"/join Veeky Forums" in game chat

>Current Weekly Brawl
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20506312/heroes-brawl-of-the-week-jan-27-2017-heroes-of-the-stars-1-26-2017
>Latest patch notes
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20506310/heroes-of-the-storm-balance-update-january-27-2017-1-27-2017
>Hero rankings, various statistics, talent calculator:
hotslogs.com/Default
heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator

>For new players:
youtu.be/wPk004vsjuE

>Tips and other useful resources:
heroesofthestorm.github.io/tips
heroesofthestorm.gamepedia.com/Heroes_of_the_Storm_Wiki
There's also a leddit page but we don't talk about that

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/4mh256/theres_a_guy_on_Veeky
reddit.com/user/SSJ5Gogetenks
reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/5qrsrb/probably_throwing_demoted_from_diamond_3_to/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Every 5-stack in QM has a Medivh and Support guaranteed

Pussy ass faggots.

THE HERO WE NEED

give rexxar build

i got 9k matchmaking points
ama

How do i find groups for Event?

Reminder of reddit karma-whoring sell-out rats: reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/4mh256/theres_a_guy_on_Veeky Forums_who_has_accurately_leaked/

reddit.com/user/SSJ5Gogetenks
>ponyfucker

They are in this thread RIGHT NOW!

No one even looks at those fucking links, the latest indev linked has been wrong for a week now.

>play brightwing
>can't eat and torture my victims

What a missed chance...

Stukov confirmed edition.

>tfw just realized that God-King Skovald is literally fel-Stukov

Why is there next to no r/34 of femtoss?

̶V̶e̶n̶g̶e̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ more talents for Zul'Jin!

what can this guy even do

The thing that always bothered me about that design is how the infestation grows OVER his clothes.
His UED uniform.
The thing he was wearing over 4 years ago, when he got infested.
That dude would stink like shit.

this is what blizzard does
they "corrupt/zergfy" the leftmost part of the bodies and call it a day

>muh corruption

Wonder how long until Jaina is the next raid boss, or Sylvanas.

Cancer up lanes with minions, probably.

reminder that playing quick match is asking for bad games.
at least play unranked if you are too pussy for hero league.

Dear god no
Last thing I want is salty fucks of unranked

Are you guys ready for Blizzard to overbuff Valeera into cancer territory soon? My group is currently finding a solid amount of use for her already, play her like an invis CC bot with some moderate damage potential instead of a 100-0 stealth assassin, and it works pretty damn well, especially against autoattackers when you grab the blind on cheap shot and then the reduced vanish cd.

>wasting tens of minutes on picking
kys

>wasting 20 minutes on a lost match because of le ebin matchmaking
kys^2

Please no. I'm fairly sure she's perfectly viable. Why should she be mini-Illidan AND mini-Zeratul AND have CC at once with no detriments at all?
It's still a teamgame. She doesn't need to be able to gank like a motherfucker and race Immortals against multiple people and decimate shrines, fuck that.

I'm ok with some number adjusting, but fuck buffing her in a substantial way.
Not if they're gonna leave Tass as this mess. Not until they make Uther fucking viable again.

>30 minutes wasted is better than 20
:^)

>QM is asking for bad games
>Unranked is asking for bitter cunts who think it's HL
>Ranked is asking for idiots that don't fucking know how to draft, ban, or play the heroes they'picking (Everything "top tier")

It doesn't fucking matter what you play, it's shit everywhere. Play what makes the most sense to you, for you, whatever reason that may be.

>cc bot
>set up kills
Sounds more like a rogue than I could've hoped.

'Knew a fellow who was too scared to try Ranked. Help him set up a second account to ease him into it. Turns out it wasn't so scary. I think he was worried about messing up placements, or something.

Yeah, just play whatever, honestly.

>Rework Li Li
>She becomes much worse
>Rework Zagara
>She becomes much worse after additional changes
>Rework Tassadar
>He becomes much worse
>Rework Uther
>????

>rework gazlowe
>???

when did they rework lili?

but matchmaking is shit either way??????

who?

>>Rework Tassadar
>>He becomes much worse

when will this meme end :thinking:

>Bronzies
>Capable of ;thinking;

in what way is tassadar good now?

What talent build do you go on him?

>caught dropping from Diamond-Masters to Bronze
>reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/5qrsrb/probably_throwing_demoted_from_diamond_3_to/
Yikes.

They managed 30% with Medivh, perhaps they'll shoot for 20% with Uther?

>Li Li rework
Eh?

Is Valeera one of the most variable heroes out there right now in terms or talent builds?

I don't know what a term build is.

>>>/reddit/

*OF talent builds

No. People building memes like
>Your mobility is now has no range but does some damage
Are retarded

valeera garrote build ever viable?

1. Globes
4. Depends on your team setup
7. Acuity
10. Walls, or Archon if you need damage (archon stacks up real well with Khala's Embrace on 4)
13. Adun
16. Mostly double psi storm, lower armor if they have a heavy frontline that you know you will get value out of
20. Archon upgrade or Battery (really strong if you have an AA comp)

>10 minutes in
>still don't have 20 globes
I really, really, really wish teams would actually help you get globes instead of killing wizard minion first or completely ignoring globe
Also taking archon upgrade is basically the reason you take archon. Only take the other talents when you take wall.

HURRY

WHATS GOOD AND WHATS MASSIVE SHIT

I don't fucking understand why they got rid of Misha's Mend Pet talents. How fucking stupid is that shit.

user, do you have stroke ?

idk why did they reduce him from 10,000 to 4,000
he seemed like one of those heroes that'd be 10k forever, like abathur or tlv (maybe zera?)

HEARTATTACK

PLEASE

I NEED TO KNOW

THE WARRIOR WE DESERVE

I just got into this game. Why is tavern brawl so terrible, it's just a normal map. They could do so much weird shit with that mode, and they just restrict heroes and they're done? I mean, I know it changes weekly.

Amateurs made so many fun UMS in fucking sc1, not even mentioning warcraft3, paid pros can't cook up something off the wall?

this week's brawl is probably the worst yet, some of them were pretty fun

You thought your lane was safe but it wasn't.

Lothar when?

Never ever.
They have enough literally whos.

>character with history and significance in their respective franchise
>literal who

stop tossing that term around

fuck I can't wait for them to release the second volume of Warcraft Chronicles in March, finally we'll see some new official art of the old alliance

Finally a good skin for Varian

He's not exactly Garrosh, Kazakus, or even Patches, so I doubt he's that important that people would recognize him.

>people are still this mad about valeera
reminder that edwin vancleef wasn't even a rogue canonically and his daughter is on the same page as valeera for being a literal who, they chose valeera because she's slightly more popular thanks to hearthstone

>Have to be the one that mercs
>Have to be the one to clear lanes
>Have to be the one tell people when to back out
>Have to be the one to tell people to not be alone lategame, when they're all missing from the map

I fucking hate this playerbase.

I'm mostly annoyed because she definitely wasn't something we needed right now. She's also more dumb waifubait for retards to obsess over.

While I am sure people are mad, I did think Valeera was appropriate. Let's be honest here and recognize most of the hardcore WoW fanboys are still very much into WoW to the exclusion of other games, including HotS. You then look at Hearthstone, where the vast majority of Hearthstone players don't play computer games, and the ones that do happen to be the same demographics that you see playing shit like LoL.
As a result, it only makes financial sense that the focus is more on heroes with associations with Hearthstone because that is the crowd who are going to dump money into your f2p game.

I only know Lothar from the WoW:TCG

>tfw you're the only autist who cares anymore

kek at least you can even do it by yourself after the hotfix

Varian obviously tried to help

But he's TOO SLOW

The only reason I have won literally every race is because somehow the other team cares even less.

Quick, I have to Tychus against Diablo, Jo, Rhegar Ming and Jimmy

which talentS?

The ones that modify his run and gun, his miningun, his grenade, and that ultimate that does a lot of damage.

I don't believe them when they say there are no mirror match rules. It is not a coincidence that I start playing something, and immediately see it on the other team when I otherwise never do.

so besides that image of finding the whore valeera, where the infested terran are, is there another leak that show that stukov is the next heroe?

they basically said in a blog post that the next hero won't be from warcraft or an assassin so that's another thing

it can be from diablo, ow or even blizzard classics( ok that one no but my point stand)

How to deal with valeera as alarak?

WHEN DO WE GET THE GREATEST PROTOSS?

use your W to reveak her and poke , heck the Q also reveal her

Aight thanks

As a Dragoon or as a Zealot

We already have Tassadizzle.

what Diablo character do you guys think blizzard would bring due to the 20th anniversary? *plz no more warcraft heroes*

isn't the anniversary already over though

Probably fucking Deckard Cain, even though he shouldn't be a hero. He should stay as an announcer/map objective. There's nothing to him that makes him deserving of a slot on the roster, he's a vast source of knowledge, not any sort of mage or anything.

Gheed

stukov
millhouse manastorm
maiev
tomator

Diablos Brothers because WHY THE FUCK NOT??

Guys how is plat league?
after 4 weeks I am finally about to leave gold and would like to know when people start to follow the good strats.
also what is the optimal way to play mines right now as in lane split, team comp, camp timing etc. ?

The Cow King Baine Bloodhoof

Wirt

daily remember that if you don't play any of these heroes you are missing the fun part and turning into a salty cancer load day by day

>abathur
>murky
>erikolafmetzen

>That thread on Valeera "concerns" on the subreddit
>Look at his list of complaints
>No ranged poke
>No sustain
>No reliable/easy to use escape to get out after initiating

GEE, SOUNDS FAMILIAR.

#freeGreymane

Oh, she's ability damage butcher!
No wonder she's fucking shite XDDDD

God I hate reddit. How about you let your tank initiate and use stealth for CC during the fight/to disengage? Bloody amateurs.

But Greymane does have good poke?
Human form isn't the problem, it's just that his half of the kit, while solid, is still only half of a good hero, and the Worgen form's kit is shit.
Well, shit's a bit strong, but he needs better numbers or some QoL stuff on him baseline.

>Well, shit's a bit strong, but he needs better numbers or some QoL stuff on him baseline.
or just add back the "cocktail always breaks" talent that was taken away for no reason in the first place

so she should be good at everything according to him?

That's stupid, because the talent is so good you'd never not take it, invalidating EVERY other talent on that tier, while also missing what cocktail is supposed to be: hit frontline, damage backline. If it always explodes, it's just an AoE snipe and caster Greymane goes against his design.
What you should be asking is, why is his cocktail damage talent not on level one?

>because the talent is so good you'd never not take it, invalidating EVERY other talent on that tier,
just an excuse Blizzard uses to nerf balanced heroes while pretending they're improving the game

He was saying she needs at least one of those.
He compared her to Butcher first, but mentioned that butcher is actually threatening when he catches you off guard, while Valeera just forces you to use an escape or CC her then kill her.
Which is why he suggests that she should either get the stealth Q is ranged by default, some kind of self-sustain (or improved smoke bomb), or a proper escape.

make it baseline????

Why bother ever hitting someone with the flask then?