/owg/ - Overwatch General

Actual OP edition.

Chinese New Year event lasts until February 13.

>When does Season 3 end?
Probably late February / early March.

>Live Patch Notes
us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752795395#post-1

>Overwatch Dev Tracker
overstalk.io/

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Stats and Leaderboards
masteroverwatch.com
overbuff.com/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>Permalink
owg.pleb.pl

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/CharletChung/status/825204765021777922
youtube.com/watch?v=NYrqxovQVF0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

want to fug

Am I the only one that hates lucios passive design?

All he has to do is hang round in range of the team to be near peak effectiveness.

>people getting low, heal and amp
>all other times speed
>chill and fly around not really interacting with anything going on

Why can't they make him interesting.

OTP

I love Hana.

He is as awful for the game as Symmetra +50 hp shield was.
Huge impact, 0 skill, 0 counter play.

going for headshots with his gun is fun. Also knocking away enemies that are harming your teammates like Symmetra's fucking lock on beam gun. Easiest to do environmental kills with as well. He can also hold a point on his own for a whole if he uses his skating skills correctly.

>making your waifu bait mascot gay
>blizzard in charge of good marketing ideas

Get that riced slut away from Amélie

What if Emily is a girl (male)?

>loving a dumb slut
user...

post it

>emily
>emile
>amelie

Cutest and best pairing

Hana Song
twitter.com/CharletChung/status/825204765021777922

youtube.com/watch?v=NYrqxovQVF0

Fareeha!

if you arent using like 95% of amps for speed boost at this point youre a potato

Fite me.

>play tank
>that Mercy player who spams cute emotes and voice lines at you

Stop doing that

Blue cosplay

>Gained almost a thousand sr just with Symm
>winning every game
>occasionally get a team of shitters that are trying to lose. Still manage to win.

t. silver

If you're not interacting your subwoofers with the enemy's face, you're not even close to playing Lucio at skill cap.

it's pretty insane how much the changes to her helped. She is a force to be reckoned with now.

Lucio concepts

>rein is not overpowered rein is only picked because he blocks the most damage if other tanks were buffed to be as powerful as him then he wouldnt be overpowered

What is even more insane is people still tell you to switch. Especially on attack or koth. Dumb ignorant playerbase doesn't even know she has been reworked.

the one on the left looks PS1 era as fuck.

How do I politely tell my casual friends that I'm no longer going to play Overwatch with them on console because it's a fucking mess compared to PC?

I've tried my best to grin and bear it but good fuck it's just so awful you guys. I can't take it anymore.

>Snipers are impossible to play well
>Pharah and fucking Genji are legitimately broken because it's impossible to finely aim at them while they're moving and it takes half a second to release the trigger when shooting
>Torb and Bastion are fucking everywhere because they require no aiming and are hard to react to
>Hanzo and Winston are in 1/5 games minimum even in Diamond
>Symmetra can nearly hold a chokepoint solo because it's fucking impossible to fan her turrets with 2/3rds of the cast
>Good luck EVER headshotting anyone besides D.Va, Winston, and Torbjorn
>Half the fucking ults are even more automatic "I win" buttons because it takes longer to swap targets and it's impossible to get a headshot, while others such as Riptire are USELESS because auto-aim is so aggressive on them in particular
>Auto-aim is fucking aggressive and in hectic teamfights too, and will drag your aim towards the nearest threat's torso even if you're trying to aim at their Mercy in the back
>Speaking of Mercy, she is also fucked since her lock on cannot be finely aimed in clump's of teamates and will randomly jump about - a problem shared by Ana's ult

IT'S LITERALLY FUCKING PAINFUL TO PLAY WITH THIS SHIT

>we'll never get a Role Reversal series of skins
>tfw no Vishkar Lucio and Rebel Symmetra
>no Talon Tracer and Overwatch Amelie
>no anti-Human Zenyatta

>rank up with a hero that doesn't aim and relies on people not being able to hit you to not die
You are going to plateau so hard, eventually you'll run into players that will headshot you the moment you appear and you'll have no recourse because your aim is 1000sr behind you

You better delete that if you don't want some justice erupting into your ass.

I hope she got fucked by it

i'm at diamond and i play lucio like a healbot

And I bet you have like a 55% winrate with him. Which is awful.

Rein animations are the slowest and most heavily broadcast in the game, not to mention you can't do anything fancy with shield since Favor the Attacker™ will fuck you over each and every time if you don't have shield up a full second beforehand.
His hitbox to health ratio is awful, he can't 1v1 anyone for shit and if you're even just a bit reckless your health will fucking vanish without an Ana nade on you.
His ult gets blocked by the stupidest shit, having it wrap around payload is the only blessing it has.

Pharah is so fun to play lads

Where are the massive titty SJWs to demand a heavy chest hero.

Her kit gives you full control over the battle its not just the primary fire.
>people sniping at you
>throw a shield at them
>your team mates having a hard time
>buff them up with shields
>your team mates are really fucking dumb and can't take pt
>set up a tp near the pt
Then theres all the sneaky shit you can do with sentries and firing energy balls at lined up enemies

57% actually

but i've been trying to play him correctly recently

>play solo
>everyone goes hanzo, widow and bunch of shitty dps
>try to salvage shit with healer/tank but lose anyway
>play in stack
>everyone goes hanzo, widow and bunch of shitty dps
>try to salvage shit with healer/tank but lose anyway

How does one get tryhard friends?

busy as fuck
I like tem

But that would entertain evil myn.

help me

Do you play games mostly on the PC? As a lifelong console gamer I have no problem sniping or aiming in general.

I played UT from UT99 to UTk4 and Pharah is most definitely my favourite

I was in a similar position.
You have to pick the most op hero you can think of and carry yourself out.

simple geometry

Well even though i'm playing symm i'm a very high acc player with the hitscan and projectile heroes.

>symm
>aim
What does aiming 1000sr behind you even mean for Symm you stupid fuck.

It isn't just that he blocks the most damage, it has a huge surface area, no cool down (other than recharging) and blocks everything but melee attacks
Other tanks simply don't do as much damage blocking and their skill set is different accordingly.
Winston's shield has better coverage of an area but is low health and automatically disappears and is largely used to protect Winston when he's in the back line rather than protecting his team
Dva has cone that deletes most projectiles but won't stop beams or hooks
Zarya bubbles only block 200 damage, last 2 seconds have cool downs and can only ever protect one person other than Zarya herself.

I've never seen anyone say all the other tanks need their shields buffed to be on par with Rein, I've literally only ever seen people say that Rein has a good shield because he's dedicated to shielding his team. Shields are incredibly useful in the game, so it's hardly surprising the designated shielder, with the best shield, has a high pick rate.

People seem to think that because his shield is great everything else should be shit so people will be less likely to pick him, but if you can't play around a Rein you're literally retarded.
His hammer does about as much damage as a body shot from McCree except you have to be literally right in front of him to be hit by it
His fire strike is incredibly slow moving, and can be blocked by Dva, Zarya, and Genji
His ult is a cone, don't line up in front of the enemy Rein. And even then, any kind of barrier will cuck his ult.

tl;dr get fucking good you fucking scrub

>mfw nearing 70% winrate on Symmetra

>winning really hard with reinhardt zarya
>he randomly switches to symmetra before we push the last point
>literally cant even approach and we lose

gee who could have seen it coming

mamari

Delete that.

How much is a decent PC that can run overwatch at medium/high graphical settings with 60+ fps

>tfw starting to like Rein
CATCH PHRASE

>Numbani attack
>2/2/2 comp, one of the tanks is Reinhardt
>eveything goes fine until the last point
>Rein suddenly switches to Junkrat
>ask him why
>no response
>lose horribly

Post version with the blu cheeks out

Not much, it's not a demanding game at all.
The cheapest, 1151 socket i3 you can find (i3 6100, for example) and a GTX 1050 will move it perfectly.
A whole PC with that hardware should be about $400.

Is there any hope left for her?

t. retard

Of course you are booping people and flipping your aura and boosting it and shit.

You can however, literally just be an aura while you walk around the point/payload and you get out of it a remarkably high impact hero for very little input which makes him, by comparison and by design, a highly passive hero.

Take any other hero and just largely exist like lucio does and see how well that works out for you.

I'd like a wallpaper of this

>tfw starting to play more Tracer just so I can spam "Cheers luv, the cavalry is here" while sitting on the setup phase
I'm still terrible with her and offense heroes in general

>at medium/high graphical settings
Why would you ever. Low and Ultra look exactly the same

which sombra skin is the best

why is there very little sombra sfm

do people hate mexicans

>PS4
>Trying to McCree
help

"let's draw pharah but make her caucasian"

Egyptians are caucasian lad.

What's the most OP her on consoles?

Is it Reinhardt/Symmetra like on PC as well?

Name the hero from the first word of their selected line

Come
The
We're
Imagination
Never
I'm
It's
Our
One

She's only been around for a couple months while the other girls have had a much longer time to get content.

git gud, mccuck is actually good on console

FUCLING HELL THOSE EYES

Jesus. Take an art class, or watch a YouTube tutorial or something. Holy shit.

>play comp solo
>start at 1930
>a couple of terrible teams later that don't support me, don't work together, and refuse to switch classes based on need, I'm at 1738
>now I'm pissed, tell myself I'm gonna keep playing until I get a win
> noone wants to group up
>that fucking guy who won't switch from bastion to soldier to kill the pharah that is fucking our shit up because "he only died twice so he thinks he is doing fine"
>enemy Rein has great mercy heals and I do not
>ana keeps wasting ult on me when nobody is around
>finally get a good team and win at 1588
>finish the night with a loot box that gives me 3 new years sprays and a regular voice line

Man, fuck last night. I tried to hard to be a great Rein and just got shit on.

and Pharah is brown

pointing out a characters weakness is pointless because every character has them

a tank's job is to block damage and reinhardt is by far the best tank at doing that. that makes him OP. if you dont have him on your team you are at a disadvantage

Yep, but barely anyone picks them below 3k mr.
S76 gets instalocked every game and you are guaranteed to lose if your team somehow didn't pick him.

WHICH

SOMBRA

SKIN

IS

BEST

>gold damage/kills every match
>Soldiers/Crees can't kill me unless they make it a team effort
>mfw imagining McCree's teammates rage at him for 'not doing his job' because I blow him up with 2 rockets every time he shows up

Augmented

Because people hate Mexicans

Yes

okay cupcakes, whats your excuse for not being plat or higher?

I don't play comp, but I do feel for you as a fellow Reinhardt player

The other Pharah was brown, just not as brown because not tan. You seem to be under the impression that caucasian is another word for white. It isn't.

come to your senses
you know you like it

Winston

This game is shit.

How do I make friends in Overwatch?

those are 9 heroes you have to guess nigga

Playing Rein with a team that never utilizes your shield is pure torture.

Imagine being Winston lol

how far do emily's freckles go?

beautiful morning, you're the sun of my morning babe!

big scientist dick

playing with a Rein that shields and keep backing up to get behind cover again is just as annoying. Reins who put their shield down to throw a flame out too. Keep that shit up! I know it's tempting to whiff a flame throw at a Tracer, but hold off! Also Reins that love to try to pin everyone that comes near him.

It's more like an OP comp.
>Zarya/Reinhardt are mandatory, with D.Va as well only if you feel another tank is desperately needed
>You always want S76, but can sub him for a Pharah if you're on a KOTH map.
>Symmetra should always be on the team unless you need the aforementioned third tank
>Remaining slots should be two healers, preferably Ana and Mercy but Lucio can be subbed if on a KOTH map.

So TL;DR
>Ana
>Mercy OR Lucio
>Symmetra OR D.Va
>Rein
>Zarya
>S76 OR Pharah

Its a struggle on a lot of maps for me, I'm getting killed from a range I can't do a whole lot to respond with besides hiding. And Bastion is just instant death.

>play round 1 attack
>cap 2.7 points
>team is very good, we're gonna win
>switch to defense
>one guy leaves
>enemy pushes our shit in
>lose

FUCKING FUCK THIS FUCKING GAME