tfgeneral.com
Discord under Fun Stuff

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' on console will bring it up in game, for pc you have to join using the link

>News
Frontier News Network 6 (preview of Live Fire mode and more additions)
titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-6-13/
1/23 Server patch notes
forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/9811/titanfall-2-server-update-1-23-2017/

>What's changed in 2?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to queue a slide too

TERMINATED:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yvzXFQKwH8k&t=6s
soundcloud.com/rbng-1/barracuda
youtube.com/watch?v=W75adfIGTec
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You have to learn how to bunny hop first. You should watch some guides on youtube.

>mfw using an amped flatline

Third for weeb power

>Not even scrap metal
>Just future slag-to-be

Step closer weeb, ill turn you into fried sushi

>implying Ronin doesn't like to get fingered by Scorch

>implying scorch can do anything but spam flame shield and throw autistic melee fits

Is it bad that Ash is my Robofu?

You have no idea how many ronins I've seen phase shift backward into the fire lake and doom themselves after they realize that literally nobody can be in scorchs face and win

nah son

Hey /tfg/.

I just got TF2 on PS4 and I'm a filthy slow. I'm abysmal on multiplayer. I MIGHT come in second to last place on my team. My team is always the losing one.

Any tips? What control scheme would you guys suggest? I want to like this game, but I just suck. I try to stay moving and wall running, but eh. Seems like I can't aim worth a shit either.

I now have 28 hours clocked in and only starting to be decent, so keep practicing. Stay mobile at all times, try to stay fast and in the air, use your titan and know when to flee, it will come with time

Watch this or search for another guide on how to move fast.

youtube.com/watch?v=yvzXFQKwH8k&t=6s

>take a few steps back
>scorch becomes literally unable to hit you

"Best Titan"

Reposting for request non sexual

>tfw finding out the mastiff is considered a bad gun

ive been using it this whole time thinking it was the best gun ever

That's all well and good but any slightly competent Scorch will have flame traps set up behind you for exactly that reason.

If you're doing well with it and having fun, can it really be considered bad? As an added bonus, since Reddit keeps crying about Devotion and stuff that just means more buffs for our Grenadiers and other projectile weapons.

Evolved is the best control scheme for going fast imo
It's only drawback is that melee is taken off the right stick and moved to a face button, so pulling off high speed dick kicks is considerably harder
I work around it by swapping the O and R1 buttons so I have melee, jump and shoot all on the shoulder buttons, but you should experiment and see what works for you

hell yeah, i hope the mastiff becomes stronger. i dont really see where peoples complaints about the mastiff come from. it kills good, what else do you want? although the mozambique does just seem like a mastiff that doesnt take up a primary slot.

>Game on Boomtown
>Go fast from the start and surprise the enemy killing 4 of them
>They instantly come after me and I get 3 more kills
>Have the time of my life
>Get disconnected for the first time since release
F U C K

Wait, can you actually change each button individually? I've been wanting to put my slide on a bumper since that's how I did it in warframe but I thought you could only use the presets so I've just been using bumper jumper. How?

PS4 added in a feature some time ago to individually swap button assignments from the console menu. Not sure about Xbone, but it's probably in there somewhere.

I'm on ps4, so it's though the actual ps4 settings on not in titanfall itself? Thanks.

Post em

Kinda old but I use more or less the same loadout as my primary, except I have the fast aiming for the mastiff instead of tactikill

Oh, also

>EVA Shitter

>handicapping yourself for the sake of e-cred

lmao

also pilot loadout

>tfw you need to run the game on the lowest settings

eva is tfg

EVA isn't OP on it's own, but if you have the skills it's a really rewarding weapon. It won't help you if you're shit.

Devotion on the other hand...

Can't post a pic since I'm on Xbone and I just started Friday, but so far I enjoy the Grappling and Boost
I primarily use the L-STAR when I'm not leveling the default gear and unlocking stuff.
My favorite titan so far is easily Scorch, I love putting a gas pod behind enemy titans so they kneejerk backdash right into my lake of thermite.

Learn to screencap xbro, press the guide button twice and press x
Get them off xboxdvr on your pc and post em here

It's super easy, trust me

thats not lowest settings tho

Ah thanks, I'll admit I'm getting used to it just got it over the holidays.

Aside from textures it is, although the lowest texture settings look like absolute garbage.

Did you just now get an Xbox or did you just not use the media tools before playing Titanfall?

Eh, either way, always glad to help out a fellow xbro

>abusing shitter weapons for e-cred

lmao

The latter, I knew I could gameDVR midgame but I didn't know the trick to opening it quickly so I dismissed that as a project for later.

>implying the EVA is a shitter weapon when you both need speed and good aim to use it
If I wanted to be a shitter I'd use an assault rifle

>any shotgun being good
lmao

Try calling people out when they use shit like the hemlock you dipshit

Do you think Titanfall would run well on a bootcamped MacBook?

Switch jump to the shoulder buttons. Feels weird at first but it'll help you get the drop on people in the air.

depends on the gpu/cpu obviously.

Grapple tutorial vid is coming along nicely

Today I'll be cutting down the remainder of the gameplay footage, and hopefully start adding in the text overlays and actual explanation

I have one track picked out for sure, which will be the opening one to the video:
soundcloud.com/rbng-1/barracuda
and I'm definitely putting in some Initial D bits.
any other suggestions?

If you have any bits that you use the Cold War in, please use bits from the Russian national anthem
Dont ask questions comrade

Will you be covering grapple kills? They're surprisingly effective. I normally get 2 or 3 per match, while this was an exception:

youtube.com/watch?v=W75adfIGTec

i use the coldwar for the entire video, my friend

i was going to skip grapple kills honestly, since they're shown in almost every trailer for the game. the video is more for movement, and the subtleties of how it really works. there's not much to really "explain" about grapple kills is there? hook em and punch em

So the patch note said something about not reseting the name of custom loadouts when regenerating. I took this to mean that loatouts didn't reset...but it does. What gives?

It doesn't reset the name of your load-out, but it will still reset the load-out itself.

>there's not much to really "explain" about grapple kills is there?
I'd mention at least these 2 things since some people may not know:

1) Reeling someone in results in an auto-melee. The opponent can melee you first, but it can't be easy because that's only ever happened to me once.
2) If the opponent runs into your grapple wire, they automatically get caught.

Again, it's best used against unsuspecting pilots and it's best to think of it as a way of extending the range of your normal melee. But having a mid-range OHKO in your pocket can be a handy to have. So long as the wire hits, it's a fairly safe kill.

And it's fun to do.

you know, that's decent info. i think i will put it in.

do you have any footage you could upload to a dropbox or google drive or something for me to put in? i'd credit whatever name you want in the vid

Loadouts themselves essentially NEED to reset when you regen since you might have items equipped that you haven't bought with credits, or even the loadout slot itself might be locked. I'm sure there are other workarounds for this that Respawn could have implemented, but it was probably a hundred man-hours less to just have them go back to default.

Aw man I was just about to log off. If you're on later tonight I could probably find something.

no problem, just post a link in here

>lose match
>still mvp with +30 kills
>everyone else has less than 10

this happens way more often then it should in public matches, what gives

why are there so many bads that play tf2 and why are they always on my team

>bisects an enemy titan and then shoots the bloody stump

ION CONFIRMED FOR METAL AS FUCK.

When will the titan selection bug be fixed ? I'm tired of being stuck with Ion

Depends usually on what time of day you play is what I've found. Early morning and late evening is when I tend to lose a lot of matches solo queuing. Roll with TFG when you can, and if you can't try and play between 3-6 PST (or whatever time is most active on your platform of choice).

no one groups up on ps4

played with two other tfg anons earlier on some LTS
we kicked ass but only played a few matches before the group was disbanded

What I hate are the morons who don't know that AI matches have AI for a reason
>mfw seeing people get less than 10 minion kills in Attrition
>or completely ignoring the bank in BH

God damn it, if i could have legion's long range without the zoom i would use legion so much mroe often.

This. I get that pilots net you more score per minute than running around wiping grunts, but you can't outright ignore them. Especially if you aren't that good at killing pilots. If you get dunked on, take out a few grunts or something when you spawn and add to your score and your titan build, that way you aren't being a complete detriment to the team.

>I want to break Legion
He's fine.

t. G3.15 legion player

>oh boy time to watch some titanfall 2 mythbusters
>one guy makes good videos but haven't updated in a while
>one guy has to verbally explain literally everything with a blurred to hell accent
>one guy just uploaded a video of him and his buddy jumping around doing nothing

>It was just a holo pilot!

>>>I want to break Legion
its more i just want to be able to reduce the zoom in on that mode, its fucking ridiculous

playing this game on PS4 is suffering

how to fix awall: replace with dash option that can be used to dash forward/backward/left/right on ground or in air

problem solved

Not a macbook, might work on certain model pros.

>How to fix A-Wall: give it an agility based ability that in no way makes sense with their heavy-class model and is completely outclassed by both grapple and phase shift!

Sure thing kid. The easiest fix would be to just switch the particle wall boost and the amped wall. Then the ability turns into a defensive move that isn't overpowered and the boost is useful on offense.

help tfg, I always want to mix up the weapon I am using so I never git gud with any of them. Same with titans. Barely avoiding being an anchor in attrition is painful.

This.

Pick something quirky so that you're never bored playing it.

Just pick up the cold war and dunk on slows

/tfg/, is there any advantage to using the Kraber whatsoever or am I a shitter for using it? I git gud kwikscopes using it.

Exactly, I just started recently so I'll admit I'm no good at PvP yet, but at least I played enough of 1 to know that if a drop pod lands right in front of you and you've got a full mag, you spray that pod for the quick 4-5 points. Takes 5 seconds and you get a good chuck of Titan drop time knocked off.

How do you manage that? It just feels so damn clunky to me.
Also, noob question; does the Longbow still have a suppressor option? I want to eventually build a Vindicare loadout focused around Cloak.
Yes it would be kinda campy, but I have a policy about moving after every shot.

if we're going off that logic why is the stim model a robot

all you have to do to make it viable anyways is 2 charges with a relatively low cooldown

useful for when you go a 1v1, suddenly boost left or right to evade shots

or use it to close the distance for a melee kill

Because you can flavor it as 'robot temporarily overclocks its locomotive systems'

the icon is a syringe

if they're gonna do that just call it 'overclock' or 'boost' or something

You talking about the DMR? Is so then no.

If you're at a distance that the zoom isn't helpful, why're you even using long-range?

Stim is a robot because they needed the light model of Pilots to be super thin, and the only way to make them thing enough was to make them bots.

Holdover from when they had a pilot weight system.

My god, that hurts to look at. Granted I play on PS4 and it's not usually that awful.

Don't need minion kills when you can just kill pilots :^). I'm level 20, so I actually don't know the math. How long do I have to be running around aimlessly before I realized I should have been killing minions.

Also what's the best anti titan titan? You really can't outskill your way out of a 1v2, or can you? I've been using Northstar because it's the most survivable of the bunch and good at farming with its q and sniping pilots.

Christ, when's the new patch. That new glitch made it so I can't edit Ronin, Tone or Legion without multiplayer crashing and it set all their skins to default. I worked hard for my fashion, damn it!

Ronin is harder to play than most of the others, but it beats any titan in a 1 vs 1, and ideally when there are multiple enemy titans you are flanking, so you can usually take four bars of heath of of something before they start engaging you. It's not too bad at engaging multiple titans at once too, if you are good enough at blocking and dodging.

>ronin players continuing to claim that ronin is strong in any situation

Honestly any Titan can kick the shit out of other Titans. Northstar is actually not the most survivable, considering she's the only one who's defensive ability doesn't straight up negate damage.

Ronin can melt other titans if he can get the drop on them, or with some fancy footwork. Plus a no cooldown block is pretty good,

>Finally come back from long holidays
>First match is a bunch of clueless slows who can't even see me standing next to them
>Win without putting any effort

It's good to be back

>hackers

>can't outskill your way out of a 1v2
>Northstar the most survivable of the bunch
Interestingly uncommon opinions you have there.

Also
>calling a Titan an it
Disgusting.

>hackers
u wot