Is it still possible to make money on this shit or am I 10 years late?

Is it still possible to make money on this shit or am I 10 years late?

Other urls found in this thread:

advances.sciencemag.org/content/2/2/e1500599
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck off, samefag.
Lurk more

how new are you?

kek, I was in here when that was posted originally.

How's business memebro?

So is that a yes or...?

kek, yes it's still possible a few of us still do okay.. I mean are you trying to replace your income completely or what?

I've got a fuckload of anime posters. Like an absolute fuckload. Do you think I can sell them on ebay or will I end up making negligible profit cause of shipping and ebay's cut and paypal's cut etc.

Fuck ebay. They screw sellers and protect buyers at all costs, meaning the seller gets fucked by bogus claims from buyers.

Posters are usually sold in those odd shaped cylinders which may be expensive to ship. Have you looked on ebay to see what similar posters are selling for?

shipping is going to eat your margin if you want to be "competitive" otherwise your sells are going to be really slow.
if you sell something small and easy to ship, guess what? there are millions of chinks and pajeets doing the same for way less money.
there is still people who prefer u.s. sellers but nowadays they are rare, specially in ebay.
expect a lot of cease and desist letters and harassing from other sellers that dont know shit about laws and they are lying to ebay/amazon to kick you out.

I believe there is still some ways to make money in rare niches. ecommerce is a great distribution/sale channel the sad thing is that you depend of bitch amazon or ebay to sale. one day they shut you down because the stupid algorithm or retarded buyers and you are going to end with 100k of inventory in your backyard.
oh dont trust chinks. NEVER, EVER!!

Been trying to find something reasonable to sell on ebay, but having pretty shitty luck. Anyone have any pro tips for me?

Ebay is just a medium to sell shit, so yeah, you can still make money if you have shit to sell that people want to buy.

Hope you're creative.

I guess so? I've heard of companies running off of ebay sales.
I just do this because finding a 9-5 job has been hell.

You're 16 years too late.

How hard would you be right now if you bought into eBay and Amazon back in 2000?

What type of stuff do you sell? And how to get started?

I sell used clothes that I buy for pennies.

$500-$1000 weekly on sales

Life is good

where do you buy them pham

>What type of stuff do you sell?
Toys and Electronics usually

>And how to get started?
I just buy shit for cheap at thrift stores and then resell it.

>cini

1. Do you wash any of the clothes or list it as unwashed?
2. Are any of the clothes damaged or do they have to be at the very least intact?
3. What do you see more success with, Mens or Womens clothes?
4. Any popular/profitable brands to look out for?

Bump for more talk on this.

We need more ebay vets on here..

I've made some money through eBay. Mostly through bulk buying damaged/faulty or out of fashion clothes from high street retailers and reselling. Also for some reason gold plated coins and bars have made me a bit.

Decent mark up on stuff, but after fees and dealing with fucktard buyers it loses a lot of appeal. Unless you're sending every item fully tracked with a signature needed on delivery, eBay will side with the buyer almost 100% of the time on any dispute. I've had buyers tell me the address they gave me was wrong after it was sent out and still had them win and have PayPal money frozen.

You will probably make the most if you sell them in groups by series. It makes more sense to buy 3 posters for $15+ $8 shipping than 1 for $5 +$8 shipping.

If its a poster then they may be light enough to be shipped First Class, so about $3 per poster.

Then he has to account for the %10 that ebay will take off on their final value fee and the money that paypal will take off when they transfer over his money from ebay to paypal. After all that there will be his profit

Oh yea, can't forget about those packing costs either. I'd say that each shipping tube will cost him about $1

And after all that he'll still have to compete with chinese sellers who pay like 5 cents for shipping and can undercut him by several dollars.

Anyway good luck anime poster user.

If you're good with computers, buy broken laptops and sell the parts. I just made $350 from two ChromeBooks that I parted out. I only paid $100 for the two. The parts are worth more than the whole.

Are screens important or would you buy them with broken screens?

Whats the most important thing that you want working in a laptop for parts, the motherboard?

I suspect it's fake but holy shit that's the most retarded thing a feminist could write, gender pay gap....on ebay....where you're anonymous. Buyers don't know they're buying from a woman seller, holy fuck they just implied women are less capable of selling on ebay than men in a single headline. I swear to god libs are fucking brain damaged

I made the most on screens but anything that is working will sell. Surprisingly I sold heatsinks and fans.

There is no logic or reason in feminism.
What we have now is teenage girls who dropped 40 grand and 4 years of their life on a gender studies major only to find that it has no real world application. Least of all in the West. So they whine about non existing issues on click bait articles.

>it has no real world application
it has as much application as any pure, soft science.

research positions exist, as do tenured professorships. So about as much use as a physics degree, or climatology, or sociology, or biology, or zoology, or mathematics....

>We attribute the price differences to the ability of buyers to discern the gender of the seller. We present results from an experiment that shows that people accurately identify the gender of sellers on the basis of typical information provided in postings.

advances.sciencemag.org/content/2/2/e1500599

Been thinking about selling on ebay lately. I've sold some old electronics on the side, but nothing serious.

How did you get past the 10 item limit and 1000 dollar limit. I learned that you have to get a good rating on ebay, but how long will that take me if i max out every month?

same ol,
sales picked up again during season

so much competition these days

try it and see how it goes

Etsy is always an option

Goid I miss these days...

Wow. Were do you get all the packages from

I started selling again after a few months hiatus and I see they added a "rate buyer" option. No idea what impact it's had.

my dad used to sell garmin maps on ebay back when you had to buy them on an sd card

he worked out how to clone them and made £5k in two weeks

that was 10 years ago fuck

Some stupid fucking chink with no feedback tried to say the box was empty so told him if he escalated the case ill check with post office to verify the weight then file a police report and no word from him for two weeks but paypal is still fucking holding my $200 ransom

>tfw I confronted some polski who scammed me out of 10BTC cos I got in touch with the guy whose paypal he'd hijacked and we worked together.. best most nervewracking day of my life desu.

find chinese sellers on ebay, buy off of eBay and get a discount for buying in bulk, get items shipped to you. Ship items to Amazon fulfillment center. Sell items for a small mark up on Amazon FBA to Prime buyers. Its not hard, but getting started with less than $5k is a waste of time imo.

Honest question.

Like how do you get them pre-printed with your name on it (without printing them yourself). And when it does come time to ship do you walk down the the post office like and autist with 100 packages

There was no limit when I started.

Recently made a second account though and it got extended to a 20 item limit after a phone call to ebay.

What were you selling that made you have such consistent sales? Trading cards?

how do you compete with chinese sellers when their shipping costs are so cheap?

PRIME buyers dont buy from chinese sellers, they buy from FBA sellers. You cant charge whatever you want, but people will pay more to get their item to their door in 2 days instead of 7-20 days.

OP unfortunately you are too late try likefaucet.com

No. Most people raped on shipping before 2008 with no return policy. eBay is changed. By next year it will require all products to have a UPC.

Amazon likewise has a mob of Chinese crowd who will list under your special brand, undercut you, and then eat all your sales. The Chinese are utterly ruthless, although in their mind, it's nothing personal, just business.

When are we just gonna nuke all the damn chinks? Or just fuck em all to death.
>Trump 2016

The amount of Chinese sellers on Amazon is nothing compared to eBay. Amazons requirements often push Chinese sellers out and they are blocked from selling in specific categories in Q4. Prices arent the determining factor for purchases, Amazon will often give the buy box to FBA sellers or people with high metrics.

I sold on eBay casually from 1998 to 2002 and as a business from 2012 to 2016. May as well be two different markets. Crappier buyers (fraud is easy-peasy with PreyPal) and search manipulation are the biggest problems. That plus 6X higher fees make it really difficult to make a buck unless you're drop shipping dirt cheap chinkshit straight from Alibaba.

Honestly, I don't even buy on eBay anymore. Too much counterfeit junk for starters and customers service is not really there. Sure, fraud is easy, but say something comes missing a part, a chargeback is about all you can do.

hahahaha, what the fuck, who bought this?