Last thread
-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.2
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-3DS FAQ-
>Hey guys, I'm getting the "Failed to mount CTRNAND” error. Am I fucked?
Read the guide, if after installing a9lh use 9.2 ctrtransfer
>hey guys, i updated/closed the lid while on 2.1 and I didn't make a backup, now I'm fucked. Help?
Brick or meme
>How do I move to a new SD card after I'm done hacking?
Just copy and paste everything.
>Can I play anime games on my american/yurop 3DS?
You can play any game from any region as long as you're running the latest version of Luma (the thing you installed in the guide).

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳a9lh + CFW: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
↳IOSU + Kernel Exploit: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-freeShop now has its own website, freeshop.pw
-soundhax.com/ replaces Browserhax as go-to entrypoint and works on 11.2 and below.
-Limited support for running DS games off the SD card. See list below. gbatemp.net/threads/454323
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M7MxYQzVhb4604esdvo57a7crSvbGzFIdotLW0bm0Co
-NDS-Bootstrap looking more promising gbatemp.net/threads/nds-bootstrap-loader-run-commercial-nds-backups-from-an-sd-card.454323/page-74#post-7042348

>Wii U
-Boot0 code execution displayed at 33c3, along with boot1 dumping.

>Vita
-New VitaShell release. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/releases
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-No need for a PS3/4 for Adrenaline, see this post wololo.net/2016/11/24/installing-adrenaline-without-psn-access-advanced-users/

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

psdevwiki.com/ps3/PS2_Classics_Emulator_Compatibility_List
psdevwiki.com/ps3/PSP_Emulator_Compatibility_List
eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-nintendo-switch-spec-analysis
ebay.com/itm/Western-Digital-WD-250GB-2-5-Hard-Drive-HDD-7200rpm-16MB-WD2500BEKT-0Y19R3-/112284585709?hash=item1a24aeceed:g:9rsAAOSw44BYjP2o#shpCntId
twitter.com/forer0/status/815702653569208320
3dsiso.com/archive/index.php/t-274387.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder that DS rom loading from SD was not worth waiting for

Undub/DQ8 Orchestra/DQ8 Uncensor guy here for another status update.

Regular Bunny finalized as I mentioned earlier, but I now also finished replicating the model and UV map changes on the High Tension model variant as well, so Bunny is now 100% finalized aside from the purple tint texture which is what the other guy will be doing.

I still need to replicate the model and UV map changes for the High Tension variants of the Dancer and Bikini, but after that it's all done for me.
And thankfully that's all very easy job that I can relax to with comfy Persona 5 music in the background.

So brace your butts, today or tomorrow at worst the new and probably final DQ8 release is coming.

what's the best gba emulator for the vita

Obviously this was the only remotely practical way to do it.
Don't know why anyone would expect more.

Anyone know how well Mame/Retroarch runs on 2DS?

>whant to enjoy DQ8 uncensored
>end up with killer queen on your eye and blowing up

tnx man

They think you can inject it into a DSIWare the same way you can inject a GBA game. Obviously they're oblivious to the technical details.

Horribly on anything that isn't N3DS.
And even then not everything works great on N3DS, for example SNES, due to RetroArch not being as optimized as Nintendo's own emulator, and never will be FYI.

can ps3 run all ps2 games?

No, you can't inject it into DSiWare due to fucking saves you goddamn retard.
That was the very first thing that they tried and realized that DSiWare specification is actually much different from cartridges and hence impossible to do DS rom injections into DSiWare.

Only the very first FAT model which had PS2's hardware in it.
All other models use software emulation which is very spotty and quite literally based on an ancient PCSX2 build as the emulator was made by PCSX2's lead coder who quit to work for Sony.

Gimme a sec and I'll find the compatibility list.

user, I'm agreeing with you. Read the post again.

even with jailbreak?

I got Gambette for GB and GB Color which runs fine. For anything GBA,I got those injected. For Snes I use Snes9x which I haven't seen anything lag yet. Oh and Nestopia seems to run fine so far.

I was just curious about MAME since my card has around 30gigs of space left.

And to elaborate on the "all other models" statement, that includes newer FAT models that weren't the launch models, as in only the American and JP FAT launch models have PS2 hardware in it. All newer ones including the European one are software-only. Naturally all Slims and Super Slims are software-only as well, but Super Slims aren't even hackable and late life Slim models aren't hackable either.

psdevwiki.com/ps3/PS2_Classics_Emulator_Compatibility_List

psdevwiki.com/ps3/PSP_Emulator_Compatibility_List

I did read it, my fault was for not reading the entire chain and thus context. Sorry, it's just the DQ8 shit left me tired.

You literally can only emulate if you have CFW, otherwise you can't emulate anything at all other than Sony's official PS2 Classics which is like 20 games.

I was basically referring to this.

X means it will run like shit and basically unplayable.
* means not everything will be full speed.

anyone running corbenik/skeith here

Some simple questions :
Do I still need e.g 2,6gb to install a 1,3gb cia? (I get you can delete it later)
How can I keep my DLC from fbi? If I update a game I end up needing to download them again, costing me twice the space

yo

>Do I still need e.g 2,6gb to install a 1,3gb cia?
And there will always be "still" because CIA is literally just an installer, for fucks sake CIA stands for "CTR Importable Archive" with CTR being the codename of the 3DS.
There will never be a way to avoid it so don't ask dumb questions.

>How can I keep my DLC from fbi? If I update a game I end up needing to download them again, costing me twice the space
I have no idea what the fuck are you trying to say since I installed countless updates and they never touched any of my DLC.

eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-nintendo-switch-spec-analysis

So gents, Switch actual specs and clock speeds revealed.

It is running in much higher clock frequencies when docked contrary to Nintendo's lies.

That's not entirely true. A ROM loader that doesn't require installing games is possible, but nobody cares to invest the effort

Was Jessica's outfits the only thing censored ? or was that the last thing you did ? Anyway you're the most based user.

thanks!

Actually it's because the games read from cartridge. They won't read from SD unless you patch them which is what the current method is doing.
The save problem is just in the same category as the read problem.

ROM Loader is not CIA you doofus, CIA is not a rom to begin with, it's literally a compressed installer which could never be used in real-time as a rom.

Also you technically can load roms with the Shitway payload but not sure if that doesn't require Shitway's red cart, probably does.

More than just Jessica's outfits was censored, Red's design is censored, multiple female NPCs are censored and such. Thing is for Red and NPCs the censorship was basically them just drawing shitty spats on their texture so it was as simple as taking the PS2 texture, adjusting it to 3DS resolution and color correcting to match the darker and more saturated color palette of 3DS version's textures. And the guy who started the project (DarkSynopsis) already did all that in A2 (though he did miss 1 NPC) along with Jessica's costumes that could be fixed this way.

Thing is that some of Jessica's costume censorship was a lot more hardcore and it's impossible to restore PS2 texture and just slap it on. That's where I came in and offered my services by editing the models and making new textures for them, using PS2's original models and textures as reference. So what I did is not as much restoration as recreation while trying to stay as faithful as possible to the originals.

All of the stuff I did as well as the one NPC that DarkSynposis missed will be available in the new version.
Along with High Tension variants.

There are 2 things that are un-restorable though, namely the Super Saiyan hair in High Tension for Eight (protag) which was exclusive to the western PS2 version (all Japanese versions as well as Mobile have a different HT design as per Akira Toriyama's original artwork, SSJ was only done for western marketing), as well as Jessica's titty jiggle physics. The latter isn't censorship but rather outcome of downgrading for 3DS with models not having enough polygons.

I see, to be honest I didn't look all that much into it but now I stand corrected.

You technically can unpack them on-the-fly, mount the archive filesystem then load the binary.
However the entire software stack wasn't designed to do this so you'd have to do a lot of patching.

Thinking about getting a 3.60 Vita. It's my understanding that the OLED is preferable due to the screen quality but the possibility of burn-in worries me. I prefer the OLED screen though. Which Vita do you recommend?

what is this High Tension thing you being toaking about user?

never played the original DQ8

God, I fell in love with you.
Last thing I need to know, did you work on US game or yurop game ?
I need to know if I'll have to change locale.

Running a .cia directly doesn't really make much sense, but you could run a .cxi straight from the SD card without installing it if you had the right FIRM patches and frontend.
A .cia is just a .cxi with some fluff around it. Installing a CIA amounts to installing its ticket and TMD and then encrypting its .cxi.

I prefer the 2000. If you're going to emulate, certainly get a 2000.

High Tension is a mechanic in the game.
Once you reach a certain Tension threshold of 50 (think Limit Break if you played Final Fantasy), you can either stay at it or have your characters power up, Dragon Ball style where they charge for 2 turns to reach 100 tension, aka High Tension, at which point they transform DBZ style, gaining an aura and with change to hairstyle getting spikier. The spiking up is very tamed in DQ8 compared to DBZ though obviously, the only exception was Western PS2 version where the hero and ONLY hero got literally SSJ hair in high tension.

Models aren't limited to region, we will be releasing the package with just models on GBAtemp just like the previous two versions, which will be usable as NTR patch if you so desire.
If you're asking about the CIA I will be making though, then it will be EU like my previous one.

I'm aware but the amount of patching required is just silly, besides why bother when CIA exists, and retards can still stick to Shitway if they want rom loading.

Convenience. It'd be nice to just throw a file on the SD card and start playing. Convenience isn't worth all that effort though.

OLED, not even a contest.

Burn in isn't exclusive to OLED, every single LCD display be it TN, IPS or OLED can burn in.

The actual thing you need to watch out for with Vita OLEDs is that the OLED's different colors age at different rates.
Blue deteriorates the fastest, green second fastest (almost as fast as blue) while red deteriorates the slowest. It means that the more X hours you use your Vita, the more the organic material in the OLED will deteriorate thus dimming it's equivalent color.
Eventually you will have essentially a red-tinted screen due to blues and greens deteriorating faster than red.

That's why when looking for 1000 Vita you want to make sure it has as little hours clocked on it as possible, kind of like buying a used car and mileage.

>EU
Perfect.

Let me thank you a million times dude.

>tfw have so many games on my 3ds but don't know what to play

You could donate to my PayPal, Like and Subscribe to my Twitter, Facebook and YouTube and support my Patreon :^)
j/k I never take donations and people that ask for them are huge faggots that should be executed because that fucking goes against the whole idea of all this.

>j/k I never take donations and people that ask for them are huge faggots that should be executed because that fucking goes against the whole idea of all this.
At least we can agree on this.

I'm having trouble installing VPK in Vita.

I have installed Henkaku in my vita, I've transfered a VPK using Filezilla to my PSV in the molecularshell but when I try to run it the installation never moves past 0%.

My firmware is of course 3.60 and I've tried downloading two different VPK, one from the pastebin of Danganronpa Ultra Despair girls and another from another site of Akiba's trip, but with the same results. Anyone has met with the same problem, and if so how can I solve it?

>freeshop has music now
neat

Since DarkSynopsis isn't online atm, I can't really work on those Dancer and Bikini quick HT edits, so while I'm waiting for him I'm gonna take a gander and see if I can replace the tracks that are still synth with their orchestral PS2 variants.

I have a 6.60 PSP
any reason to update to 6.61

Not really by itself, but Infinity will update you there anyway if you choose to use it.

How well does Genesis Plus GX run on a N3DS as opposed to a O3DS?

Basically, can it run games faster than 20fps?

Has anyone tested Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix in ARK? I'm considering switching from Adrenaline.

Get the slim. Burn in isn't that serious, but actual degradation of the screen is unavoidable. It'll happen at some point.

Anyone using a USB drive for Wii U games?

If so, which model?

how long have you been using it for?

any issues?

>If you're asking about the CIA I will be making though, then it will be EU like my previous one.
Not that region really matters anymore but is the uncensored USA one now obsolete? The one from 3dsiso.

Yes.

Good news, DarkSynopsis the aussie woke up and is now doing the high tension color correction.

So how do I go about installing FE Fates? I can only get one path from the Freeshop, not the DLC.

You download the Special Edition from 3DSISO.

Too bad the game is still censored garbage and you should be waiting for the fantranslation of JP version to get finished instead.

Censored? rip
How bad is it?

Have you been living under a fucking rock? It's completely butchered. Why do you think people are fantranslating the JP version from scratch? Because the English release is unsalvageable.

Censorship consists of:

>most of the writing is changed to adjust ages (AKA Midori isn't ~13 anymore, Elise isn't 10-14, etc) along with removing innuendos and such
>supports massively changed, to the point of pic related existing for example
>swimsuits removed
>petting minigame removed
>some characters received a complete rewrite (Effie is no longer "gentle giant who wants to eat often", she's now "DUDE DO YOU EVEN LIFT")

You can fix this for the most part by using the fan translation. So far it's at 100% for all routes and maps, and 100% done for all female/female supports, 55% done for female/male supports, and 25% done for male/male supports.

You can apply the fan translation and uncensorship patches to a US copy, which will then make it so that anything that isn't fan translated will default to the NoA translation.

>that mad bunny jessica

muh dik

>You can apply the fan translation and uncensorship patches to a US copy
No you can't, you only could do it with old and very oudated version of the fantranslation, and it was causing issues.
Newer versions can only be applied to the JP version and they dropped the concept of making the fantranslation compatible with US/EU release entirely due to the issues it was creating.

>Newer versions can only be applied to the JP version and they dropped the concept of making the fantranslation compatible with US/EU release entirely due to the issues it was creating.

That's for the best anyway, since they couldn't restore the petting minigame.

Anyway, it's basically done by this point, so you can definitely go play it. All the "common" pairs are fully translated, so you're only missing out on some obscure/odd pairings in terms of supports.

>Anyway, it's basically done by this point, so you can definitely go play it. All the "common" pairs are fully translated, so you're only missing out on some obscure/odd pairings in terms of supports.
This is a literal lie and you know it.
They aren't doing it by the common/uncommon pairings.
The ones they did first are the story critical ones, after that they're doing them category-by-category.
Which is female-to-female, then female-to-male, then male-to-male.

Not to mention that MyCastle isn't translated even halfway.

Just fucking grow some patience man and wait, I know I am waiting.

Nigga all I care about is my Kamui/Camilla support, and that shit was fine. All the royals seem to be fine too, at least from who I paired them with.

>Kamui/Camilla
>not story critical
You
Dense
Mother
Fucker

AAAAA

NO BLOODY POST ON SUNDAYS

Wat gaem

ebay.com/itm/Western-Digital-WD-250GB-2-5-Hard-Drive-HDD-7200rpm-16MB-WD2500BEKT-0Y19R3-/112284585709?hash=item1a24aeceed:g:9rsAAOSw44BYjP2o#shpCntId

is this good for wii u ? any better recommendations?

Connected to same network and using the same IPS, but keep getting this message. Any solutions?

>tfw you just screwed yourself out of Adrenaline while helping someone else get ARK

What homebrew can I use to transfer my TWEWY save from the card to my DSTT?

TWLSaveTool?

I'm giving away my hacked n3ds on Twitter. There isn't that many entries and if you want a good chance at winning it here is the link. It comes with an Acekard so you can play the old nds Pokemon games. Good luck! twitter.com/forer0/status/815702653569208320

>Unbanned
So no NNID so no online.

Fuck off

Anyone have a .cia for the retail version of Pokemon Rumble World? The only link to a download for it is down.

3dsiso.com/archive/index.php/t-274387.html

Whats wrong with the freeshop version?

That error means they are attempting to manipulate a control via a thread different to the one it was made on. Thats the dev's fault not yours.
I'd tell them about the error since you can do fuck all to correct it yourself.

>Pokemon Rumble World
Freeshop version has micro-transactions.
Retail version is like buying the steam version of a mobile tower defense game. All the stuff gotten through microtransactions are available at the get go.

Everybody is using the freeShop?
It's been 5 days since I get the message "An error has occurred forced the software to close. The System Will now restart."

Downloaded monster hunter generations yesterday from freeshop

I haven't been in the hacking scene since the beginning. I want to back up my emunand but none of my old methods work or connect to the website to create a emunand. What do I need to create one?

wipe the freeshop data from your SD

Thanks! I'll try it

Emunand9

>thinking you need an NNID to play online

where the writeup bjtch

Thanks. It worked!

DQ8 HT Dancer and Bikini model edits finalized, only awaiting HT color correction for the textures now.

While I was at it I also improved the UV map of the Bikini so the straps align much better now.
Left is before, when only texture was altered to uncensor.
Right is after, with altered texture to uncensor as well as the UV map.

This as good as it gets.

What's the state of N64 emulation and piracy on Vita? I'm currently torn on whether or not to pick up a Vita to hack.

When I try to open it, it gives me a red screen and just resets the home brew launcher

They've just started working on N64 emulator so it will take a while and probably never be all that great anyway.

As for piracy, you need a Vita with 3.60 or lower. Anything above that and you're fucked.
Sony recalled most of 3.60 or lower Vita's from stores after the hack was revealed so good luck hunting one down.

what firmware?

On the free shop after doing 9.2 ctr transfer It says I have all the games I originally had but they don't appear on the home menu?

The home menu also says that my cartridge games need to update but when I go on the freeshop it says their already updated?

it's my r4

Out of the people that followed this stuff, nobody believed that would have been the way to go. Nice excuse for your shitpost.

Dont think anyone will notice the detail on the shit 3ds screen but thanks i guess

RX-E 11.2

After reading forums I see that being on a high firmware could be an issue. I know there's a guide but how exactly do I downgrade without fucking up my data. In specifically worried about my ACNL data. I just want a backup of that before I do this soundhax guide.

I read two random lines.
>use BlargSnes
>runs a .exe
Why should you be taking this shitty list in consideration exactly?

>ROM Loader is not CIA you doofus, CIA is not a rom to begin with, it's literally a compressed installer which could never be used in real-time as a rom.
That's what he said. He's talking about .cci, not .cia. Gateway's CFW requires Gateway's card to do it, and nobody bothered to do it properly.

>Dont think anyone will notice the detail on the shit 3ds screen but thanks i guess
The other guy didn't, but I did and it really bothered me and since I could easily fix it, then why not? It took me only 10 or so minutes anyway.

just follow the guide, it tells you when to make backups and how

I had stuff get stuck there before, the USPS Teterboro fulfillment center has bad reviews too. But it claims it left already so...