/org/ - Off-Road General: waiting for better weather edition

ITT: we stop confusing Tacofag with Tayposter, sit inside because it's raining, replace our seats, and more!

Post trips, talk about your builds, and post pictures of birds

Don't forget to add yourself to our map! zeemaps.com/map?group=2389619

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/o/1487297052164.png
scout.com/military/warrior/story/1640636-army-ranger-kills-enemy-with-mre-spoon
youtube.com/watch?v=FQUjQAozQtg
youtube.com/watch?v=NYxOvQAJJA4
youtube.com/watch?v=B5eE697aqEg
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Tax_Act
epa.gov/fueleconomy/gas-guzzler-tax
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is a bird thread now faggot.

That is acceptable

haow can whytbirds evn compeet

>we stop confusing Tacofag with Tayposter
yellow YJ guy?

user I TOLD YOU TO USE THIS PICTURE
i.4cdn.org/o/1487297052164.png

reeeeeeeeee

looks m8s my local junkyard is just a dirt flat and when it rains it just turns into a mud pit. last time i went when it rained it was shit. Just going to have to wait this shit out.

all non birdposters have to leave this thread rn

We're like a trio of confusion
Hecc

birbo rotato

birb dance

Nah man, I feel ya. I won't be doing any work until the rain stops either since I don't want any rust and shit when I'm test-fitting the new bumpie

have you figured out how you are going to paint that bad boy?

I have also managed to use every single tool on my Swiss army knife. Today was a good day.

I'm going to use Herculiner spray-on bedliner. My truck's long-lost twin is Rustoleum liner and works great, but I want something a bit grittier so I'm going with the Herc

>be ford
>need new Raptor F-150 pooper duty
>replace 6.2L V8 with 3.5V6 Ecoboost
>10 gear automatic transmission
>ALUMINIUM
>leather seats

Hey better than the Maybach G-Wagon. No oil king is going to be owning a Ferd.

you even use those nose picking tweezers?

cool what are you going to do about your fog lights?

Nothing enrages me. Except the term "Danger Ranger". Fuck. And Sloan.

scout.com/military/warrior/story/1640636-army-ranger-kills-enemy-with-mre-spoon

I have some floodlights laying around that I'll end up using. The nerf bar came with some weld-on tabs that I'll use to mount them to the underside of the bumper about where I have my current ones

don't all autistic ranger owners always use that saying?

Even the tweezers.

is this just a lame normie meme or am I missing something?

youtube.com/watch?v=FQUjQAozQtg

No because I will NEVER say Taynger immediately preceded or succeeded by the word "Danger".

Also yes. I avoid general Ford meet-ups because of those "proud" F-150 owners and the Ranger stancefags. The last time I went, there was this 400 lb man with build-in hydraulics in his "Danger Ranger".

God I feel so unclean after typing that.

Can I join?

Danger Taco?

That sucks. Toyota truck meets are usually pretty fun

Do you drive off-road?

Haven't had a chance yet. Anyone know any good places by Mobile, Al?

filename

>he admits to being autistic

impressive what did you use the tweezers for user?

are you planing on adding any other lights to the bumper?

>Ranger stancefags
please tell this is is not real

>400 lb man with build-in hydraulics
>"Danger Ranger"
that sounds pretty horrible

Probably not. Don't want to piss off CHP by having 4 sets of front-facing auxiliary lights

Imagine this:
youtube.com/watch?v=NYxOvQAJJA4

but the 3rd gen and with strobe lights coming from underneath the car blasting dubstep out of the 4 speakers in the bed. Also innacity.

holy fuck what the fuck

out of all cars why use a ford ranger for this

I was kinda hoping you where just memeing about this.
this shit is terrible

>those rims

>mexicanspaceprogram.mp4
Why is the cameraman breathing so hard??

>yugoslavianspaceprogram.jpg

When I was stationed in Biloxi, all the offroad guys would tear up the back Mississippi woods. I know there are logging roads and the like back there.

When the Mississippi river gets low, you can hit the sandbars.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, YOUR 2020 FORD BRONCO

Bruh. That's an everest.

[spoiler]oh i just fell for the meme. of course I did [/spoiler]

on all levels exept physical I am dead.

>oh boy, it looks like the explorer

i saw some pretty cool concept broncos. what happened?

yellow YJ guy is that you?

A N G E R Y

come on ford wtf is this shit

>pic related will nevereverhappen

this looks way better

Guys, that red Ford SUV is literally a Ford Everest.

Is that a Jeep Renegade?

Ford gonna Ford. NuBronco is most likely gonna have 4 doors

>Guys, that red Ford SUV is literally a Ford Everest.

Ford is going to rebadge the Everest and call it a Bronco. Go ahead and screenshot this

Nigga. Don't talk to Quads like that. Have some more respect.

it wasn't bad enough that the current gen ford explorer looks nothing like older explorers. Now this shit COME ON FORD FUUUUCKK.

New explorer is a normie tier car. looks like total ass
now the bronco is ruined.

you know what guys I don't think I'm ever going to buy a modern car at this rate. FUCKING SHIT

Do we have any hope for the new ford rangers at least?

shes dead

Duratrac vs KO2? Mostly for loose surfaces, forrest trails. I wanted to try rock climbing as I live near the rocky mountains.

Do I just regrind/replace the crank on my 454 burbameme or do I bore it out and get a stroker crank for 496?
I have the extra spendin' cash, but I don't know if I can handle that 4 MPG life. It's already on 35s with 4.10 gears, has some aftermarket exhaust from banks, can't remember the specifics.
Already planning on some higher flow intake, upgrade the injectors, plugs/wires/cap and rotor, a programmer of some sort

>bore it out and get a stroker crank for 496
>It's already on 35s with 4.10 gears
>4 MPG life

m8 your going to need to fill up every time you see a gas station with that setup

>I have the extra spendin' cash
good your gunna need a lot of gasoline

Duratrac walls have reported issues. If you get them, make sure they're the D-walls that are around $20-$30 each more per tyre. Not really that good for rock climbing as a result
KO2s are good but loud and not as good on gas. I would've gone Coopers if that's the case.

But if you're doing loose surface and not too much mudding, you should honestly be fine with any of those three.

Nigga I'm on 32s with 4.8x gears after the conversion... ): How much is it to regear those old GMs?

Do you daily it?

>good your gunna need a lot of gasoline
I managed to get 2 MPG towing about 10k lbs through hill country.

I used to, before I blew it up towing about 10k lbs through hill country.

Suburban guys, do any of y'all have a manual 4x4 actuator?
I've started to get into heavy dragging with mine like pulling 14ft logs to our mill from the back pasture, and I'm on my 3rd acuator as the first 2 burned and now this 3rd one just wants to be slip city.

I have looked on summit and they have "Posi-Lok" just no one has said how well they work when you start to put a good load onto it and if they slip.

So my WWI foxhole spade broke on me today (got slammed against a clutch when some nig was running a red light and I was coming off a turn so had to brake rapidly).

Rate my new purchases /ORG/

Looking at Nissan Frontiers, 4.0 v6 4x4. Are they any good for an aspiring offroader? Honestly, I'm moving from Florida to Kansas sometime this year, and I'll really only ever take it through dirt roads and up to the lake every so often, maybe some trails if there are any decent ones.

Going to buy new and probably end up keeping this thing forever/as long as possible. Getting the crew cab because I'll probably be having a kid in the next few years once the gf and I are settled.

Anyone have any experience with them? Good or bad.

Which year? I have drove 2015 Nissan Frontier, and a Ram 1500 for a week before finally buying Taynger.

are you going to buy a new one?

and i wondered why it chased ruts so fucking bad

user pls replace that now

Sorry for that awful pic quality. Am drunk and just got home.
Here's a better one.

already did, i wasn't gonna drive home on that shit
the way it flopped last time i lift the tires i thought i had sloppy wheelbearings, but alas its a $30 rod end causing all my driving issues

hatchet is soso
saw is 9/10
shovel should be good too.
needs a lot more tannerite though

>simple idler pulley replacement turned into an hour long ordeal

how did that happened and what car?

Sry.

Also, I might bring a legit axe and keep it on passenger's side in case I need to break windshield in emergencies.

make sure that shit is safely held down user. You don't want that shit flying towards you in a crash or rollover.

dropped the wrench and it fell into the fan shroud. had to take the fan off which was a pain in the ass because its been god knows how long since it was last off.

>ferd ranger

personally id get a fisker splitting maul for big stuff and a regular wood handled hatchet for everything else.
the slime ones like the sog dont focus your swing power very good since the weight isnt focused at the head.

I recognise that w-w-wooden box

Is that a fucking case of nugget food in the bottom?!

that sucks last time i worked on a 4.0 ranger the engine bay was pretty cramped.

at least you got the pulley replaced and you don't have to worry about it any more.

>cramped engine bays
my 60 year old mother can and did climb in the bay on a dodge.

Chinese SKS food, user. Cousin's asleep right now so I can't crack it open unfortunately.

I was just going to get an old fire axe of CL but this seems like a much better idea since I can use it for other things as well.

This hatchet also feels shitty. I feel like I'd do more cutting with my shitty $15 Geber machete than this hatchet...

It's very cramped.
Just did the clutch job. Even sparkplugs are a mess of a time.

this. this is a very, very funny picture but also fucking kick ass. i envy your life, user.

watch this it compares the frontier against other competing trucks

youtube.com/watch?v=B5eE697aqEg

also disregard the hondacuckline "truck"

We should all aspire to be like this woman.

Yeah! Especially since this woman's ass has been posted unlike a specific user who frequents /ORG/ and owes us a specific picture.

ded kek every bread

if nothing else keep family relationships good, you never know when you need someone small enough to climb in the bay to reach the fucking fuel pressure regulator

practice hatchet throwing. its a fairly safe beertime activity as long as you only have one hatchet to be thrown.

my dad has good taste in women, i dont know many that can wrench, properly weld, use a torch kit or can do homestead gardening let alone all of them

Night, /ORG/. I'll try to take the service roads into work tomorrow and see if the snow melting made the path really muddy.

My sister is 4ft 11inches with the finger grip strength of an octopus. That is a bit too relatable there, dodgenon - I haven't seen her in like 2 weeks so thanks for reminding me of that!
Also, I would have never thought of the hatchet throwing thing as well. I'll remember this for next time.

>grills
>wrench, weld, torch kit
Funny thing is. My ex was the one who taught me how to weld. We used to also dig up the garden every spring together. She was bae until she broke up with me and a year later went to go live in Colombia with anti-social pilot boyfriend whom she met on 9gag.
Can't make this shit up. Still a rather nice woman, though.

>she uses 9fag
>she met some one on 9fag

you dodged a bullet m8

Bruh you need to get one of these gopro harnesses

>flappyear
kek i should
i think my doggo would break my gopro though, shes straight up abusive to stuff. even my fence is all fucked up from her using it as a crash pad

Yes. Yes you should.

Tannerite is extremely inert.

Well the harness was only $8 if you're willing to risk the camera kek

why was she in your engine bay user

>gimmicky ford better than a top spec gwagen on portal axles

Does the G Wagon have ecoboost? I think not!
Game point, user.

Ed China?

what the fuck is an ecoboost?
The newer amg v8 has an eco mode that turns off 4 cylinders in some scenarios and shuts off the engine when the vehicle is immobile. A bullshit contrivance that was implemented so americans could avoid the gas guzzler tax.

There is no gas guzzler tax in the US

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Tax_Act

epa.gov/fueleconomy/gas-guzzler-tax

Never understood why someone would have both a hatchet and a small saw. Anything small enough to cut with that saw could easily be chopped with the hatchet instead. Maybe not that particular hatchet, but a hatchet.