How bad really is RWD in rain, snow, and ice? Pic related

How bad really is RWD in rain, snow, and ice? Pic related

its fine if you have the right tires and know how to drive

it's fine as long as you have good tires and don't drive like an ass. save for longer and get a used gt premium.

It isnt that bad, as long as you have snow tires in the snow/ice and you arent running wide ass drag radials or racing slicks in the rain.

Do go heavy on the throttle in a turn under those conditions either and you will be fine.

I drove a 2005 Mustang GT with 4.10 gears through a few snowy winters and had no problems. But I ran Hankook Icebear tires for the winter.

*don't go heavy

>rain
Fine
>snow
Fine
>ice
Pucker your asshole.

Ive been driving my straight six German tank on balding all seasons all winter with no problems. Many hektik skids are had in snow.

I drove RWD all season tires on edmonton alberta winter no problem.

I've also seen le ultimate AWD cars in winter tires go skidding off the road.

Can't fix stupid.

i daily drive a miats with snow tires
its fucking great, i can do skids whenever and all i need to do for traction is to drive a little slower in a higher gear, i love the shit out of it

egoboost has some nice power potential tho

Rear wheel drive 1972 Caddy Sedan DeVille, snow tires, absolutely no issues

Same scenario, same city. Got by just fine in my E34.

Winter tires are definitely a plus for turning and stopping, but if you're not retarded and are capable of actually observing the road conditions and stopping distances, they aren't necessary.

Plus hektik skidz

I'm DDing a manual v6 mustang for the first time in Northern Ontario. Driving it is fine/fun, but have gotten stuck in a few snow drifts at the end of my driveway a couple times, only because of having to slow for traffic

235/55/19 blizzaks

I have a Mustang, and I live in Utah.

During the winter, if I don't have my snow tires on yet, and it snows, I'm absolutely fucked. I got absolutely no traction whatsoever in the snow.
This winter snuck up on me, it hardly snowed at all so I still had my summers on, then one day while I'm in class it just snows a lot and I come outside to the parking lot and couldn't even get out. I foolishly tried driving home and lost traction on the freeway and nearly spun into a pole.
In the rain it hydroplanes every single fucking time I go over a puddle.

However, when I've got my snow tires on, I'm fine. I also keep 200lbs of sand in the trunk over the rear axle during the winter just incase.

Only as bad as the driver.

It is not terrible you just have to be cautious. Ice I would try and avoid. Snow and rain are not bad. You have to take corners slowly and really feed in the throttle. You should look at vids on youtube of what to do in oversteer situations and if you have a rwd car find a huge empty lot and practice.

It's fine if you know how to drive.

>live in Minnesota
>Only time I put my Cherokee in 4WD is when I'm not on a road
>never been in an accident
Just don't be a dumbass?

>In the rain it hydroplanes every single fucking time I go over a puddle.
Try not driving with slicks on kid

As long as you don´t accelerate in low grip conditions and have correct tires, you will be fine.
Just don´t accelerate ain corners or try to take them at your usual speed.
Also drive slower when it is rainig verry much ore snow and ice are on the road.

>I also keep 200lbs of sand in the trunk over the rear axle during the winter just incase
Doesn´t that make your oversteer and fishtailing even worse?

Shouldn't you avoid using 4WD on roads? Snow, rain, and ice are the argument for AWD, not 4WD.

On Ice and snow 4WD is good, but on asphalt you destroy your driveshafts.

I saw a mustang that slid off the road last night outside of Boston.
lel.

They tend to do that, even on dry road...

Not that bad with good tires.

Does perfectly fine with a driver who knows what he is doing and tires suited to the terrain

Dont be a dane who thinks AWD makes you invincible

Fiancé has a '15 Mustang GT premium. Came with 20" summer tires. Pretty much undrivable in icy conditions, except in reverse.

yes that car is going to spin like a top on him someday

in any case, no matter what kind of car or tires you have on it, keep your speed down and leave WAY more room to brake. be careful on or avoid steep hills in really bad icy weather, or packed snow.

I have a 97' Grand Marquis, no abs, tc, or any assists. Just don't mash the accelerator and you'll be fine.