Should i not even bother if a car has a "rebuilt" title...

should i not even bother if a car has a "rebuilt" title? Is it surely going to have frame damage or anything beyond repair? I just really want to daily drive one of these
>sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5999718817.html

Other urls found in this thread:

hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/1972-pontiac-firebird
myg37.com/forums/newbie-corner/186386-totaled-the-s2000-got-the-g37.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Rebuilt title can literally mean than the mirror fell off.

>wanting to dd an awd econobox in commiefornia where the weather is usually good
stop being a weeb and get a civic.

No, it can't. A rebuilt title means the vehicle had a salvage title previously, which means it was declared a total loss at some point (damage to the vehicle exceeded the value of the vehicle).

Wrong you fucking inbred

it's more fun to drive than a civic, so no. I was going to buy one a year ago and drove it a bit but dealer told me at last minute it had bad headgasket and didn't want to let it go for less than 6k

A mirror falling off can be a total loss.
A seat stolen from an S2000 salvages it
A dented fended on a miata salvages it
A busted seat belt on a 240sx salvages it

no it's not. it's an econobox with a hard to work on engine that likes to blow head gaskets. Get the cleanest RSX or EP3 you can find instead.

in what world is fixing a mirror worth more than value of the car?

>Get the cleanest RSX or EP3 you can find instead.
into the trash

keep dreaming

Youre not to smart eh?
Google it

kill yourself. no one is going to file an insurance claim on any of those things. If they do then they're a poorfag you shouldn't buy a car from anyway.

back up your own claims shit lord

>this is the level of under age nocar fags on Veeky Forums
Wow
Use google.
S2000 seats arent manufactured anymore and the machines were dismantled that originally built them. It costs more than the car is worth to build new machines.
Same with 240sx.
Nissan no longer makes parts for them and hasnt for years. Buddy got backed into in a parking lot and munched his headlight assembly. Insurance totalled the car because a replacement is $2000

Go buy a car and pay insurance. Grow the fuck up and learn something
Hell my miata was totalled from a dented fender. Do you realize what it costs to paint a fender on an old car? More than the car is worth.

this, insurance does not consider rice tax

>s2000 seat gets stolen
>headlight gets broken
>seatbelt breaks
>buy a replacement on ebay or from a parts car/junkyard
>????
>PROFIT

>drive old shitboxes
>incur $100 of damage
>make an insurance claim and get an estimate for OEM parts for some reason
Sounds like you and your friends are just extremely stupid and/or poor. Why don't you explain your original claim, how can a mirror falling off result in the vehicle being salvaged, and then later rebuilt, with the person who replaced the mirror actually filing for a rebuilt title?

No don't do it the value is nothing.

insurance defaults to OEM replacement & book value.
You can argue for ride/drift tax with local listings & that works with most but not all insurance companies (altho you should expect a raise in rates even if you weren't at fault since your appraised value has changed)
You can also talk to the body shop that's working with your insurance for non-OEM parts.
My coworker's S197 Mustang GT got backed into & he got a roushe front bumper & fiberglass hood instead of OEM, then used the left over money for GT500 Brembos

>this is the level of under age nocar fags on Veeky Forums
protip: repairers dont need to buy get brand new parts for insurance claims, seems yorue the underage nocar. nice projecting

still nice to see no citations for your claims though. just an imitation of superiority hoping no one will call you out on your bullshit. fuck off and stop posting

>muh buddy
retards who insure a 240sx at less than $2000, kill yourself
also 2k for headlight assembly fuck off

>knowing nothing
This is an 18+ website

Why do you even post here? I see you show your ass and look like a complete retard being corrected in every single thread your in.

>damage control

sas anything he said wrong? you know what a salvage and rebuilt title is, right?

>your
you're :^)

Lmao you fuckin what matr?

"Show your ass" as in "show his ass". Possessive, not you are. Ill even use it in a sentence for you

" goddam , you really fuckin showed your ass trying to correct someone when you don't even fucking basic English."

And yes he's absolutely fucking wrong. A dented bumper on a second generation camaro z28 or trans am totals the whole car. The bumper is made of surfboard and no longer manufactured, it's retails for around 800 lush paint matching it and having it installed and shimmed your looking at 2000. This effectively totals the car. You can have a fucking spotless frame, supercharged 383 stroker, built tranny fully restored interior positracked rear end etc etc etc dialed in and running 8 second quarter miles and now that's all a salvage title over a fucking cracked bumper.

>every single thread your in
YOU ARE
NOT YOUR
IT IS YOU'RE

>And yes he's absolutely fucking wrong. A dented bumper on a second generation camaro z28 or trans am totals the whole car
Thats not a mirror though?
>bbbut muh super special old snowflake car

>You can have a fucking spotless frame, supercharged 383 stroker, built tranny fully restored interior positracked rear end etc etc etc dialed in and running 8 second quarter miles and now that's all a salvage title over a fucking cracked bumper
The car is that special and insured for less than $2000? Kill yourself stupid fucking cunt.

And even if its not some drag queen, a shitty base model v6 firebird is valued at 4k minimum. So much for a bumper turning it into a salvage title.
hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/1972-pontiac-firebird

Please, fucking kill yourself.

Not him. But you seriously are retarded.
You have ZERO clue how insurance works.

I think you are replying to the wrong person user

So far no one has been able to offer any actual facts to back up their ridiculous claims. Just ridiculous hypothetical situations based on blatant misunderstanding and ignorance of the insurance system...

How shit are WRX/STi drivers that the ratio of rebuilt to clean titles on the used market is 3:1

Can you not use google?
Lazy prick
myg37.com/forums/newbie-corner/186386-totaled-the-s2000-got-the-g37.html

That's why I just stopped replying to that guy not sure if trolling or retarded. Just ignore him and let him screech autistically in the distance

That guy is an idiot. He should've sourced the seats himself and just claimed the top.

They pay out like 12k on it.
He buys whatever seats for whatever
Buys a hard top
Stil has a driveable car and probably like 8k in his pocket.
Who gives a fuck if it says salvage or rebuilt on the title.
Even if he sells it he will still profit

>that guy is an idiot
>he should have paid out of pocket for the seats AND the deductible for the top, instead of getting a fat check to fix it all and keep some off the top if you know a guy

sure m8

aside from this car being way overpriced for that amount of mileage and age, a rebuilt title means that if it's ever involved in a totaled accident, you won't get the whole value of the car reimbursed. apparently some insurance companies won't even give full insurance to these.

i recently wrecked my salvage title car and got a little less than what i could have if it wasn't salvaged title. it's a risk you take, but only if the car's a good deal, which this one isn't, in my opinion

Oh wow, one far fetched example!

Still waiting on a mirror salvage title by the way.

>farfetched example
Wow you really are a complete fucking retard, S2000 seats are an extremely common target for theft because they are easy to steal and ricers will pay hundreds for them to stick in their civics. Please stop posting immediately, and throw your computer out the nearest window.

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

Bump

My insurance (AAA) tried getting us to go for aftermarket parts instead of OEM when I crashed my D21, but we decided to do OEM instead and made it out with just under the value required to total it so all was good.

Off the top of my head bmw/Mercedes/Porsche used to put the locking/anti theft system in the drivers side mirror. I might be wrong because this was told to me as an anecdote by a car salesman as we were talking shop. He said the car had a reputation of being hotwire proof because of something that was in the side mirror could send a cutoff to the motor if the key was not present or something. I can't really remember the details exactly, but something like that could easily total an old vehicle.

>and ricers will pay hundreds for them to stick in their civics
so a seat that sells for a few hundred will total a car? lmao

Still only one example.. and its a 20 word forum post with no actual information. Ignorant fags btfo repeatedly itt

Insurance companies buy second hand goods to replace broken/lost parts?

You seem unable to comprehend the difference between second hand and brand new.

>finding an S2K in a junkyard
>finding a 240SX in a junkyard
Oh, why didn't we think of that?!

on the contrary billy can slide his truck into a tree, trailer it home, not report to insurance and get his uncle to fix it for $50 and you'd never know the truck was fucked. title status is retarded.