/drg/ DanganRonpa General

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!
Previous thread →

Comfy edition

>/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>DRV3 news pastebin - *Updated 01/27/2017*
pastebin.com/n83HpxJC

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj - Spoiler free guide to enjoy Danganronpa
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT - Indepth gameplay mechanics and infomation

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410

>Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls is coming to Steam and PS4:
youtube.com/watch?v=VzbIuPpPM8E
store.steampowered.com/app/555950/

>New Dangan Ronpa V3 is scheduled to be released in 2017 on PSVita and PS4.
youtube.com/watch?v=UdGlN0aEG2k

>DR 1-2 Reload coming to PS4
youtube.com/watch?v=6DGuCuHurUk

> DR3 Anime episodes and more
pastebin.com/bvNw28sS

>Kazutaka Kodaka Interviews and more
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>DR Manga Scanlations:
shslscans.tumblr.com/current
>DR Manga Collection (Eng): *You need an account to use Batoto*
bato.to/search?artist_name=Spike Chunsoft

>Download pastebin *contains downloads, art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8W

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/HPt2X5za
reddit.com/r/danganronpa/comments/5qrrwz/heres_some_ndrv3_art/
twitter.com/leftover36
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I want Naegi to lock me in an airtight school and fix me with hope. He would try anything and everything to make me feel hope, but I would just laugh it off, because as long as he's helping me, no hope is strong enough to enter my heart. I'd show him that no matter what he has done, I'd never forgive him. He'd make me food and clean my secret lair, and drag me out to bed if I stay up late. When the nights get so cold that we have no choice but to cuddle together at night for warmth, he'd feel my breath going from shallow to deep as my form relaxes and I fall asleep in my arms. He'd feel me cling to him in the night when I wake up from a despair nightmare and feel me sob into his chest, first seeds of hope sprouting in my traumatized mind. He'd softly kiss my hair and tell me everything will be okay. He'd take care of me when I get sick, read all the books from the library and hold my hand so that I can fall asleep.He'd make shitty homemade pizza for me and stay up late with me watching dumb movies, and feel me cuddle up to him when I can't stay awake anymore.He'd teach me retarded drinking games and show me how to play pool in the rec room.

One night, I silently sneak over to the kitchen. A shining sliver of a blade extends from my clenched fist when I walk into his room. But my hand stops, centimeters away from his chest, and begins to shake violently. Something is wrong. One by one, my trembling fingers let go of the hilt, and with a soft thud, the knife falls onto the carpet. I throw myself on Naegi and buries my face right where the knife should have gone, Clutching at the fabric of his clothes. My whole body shakes feverishly and he scoops me body into his arms and tell me that everything will be okay, just like usual. My silent sobbing turns to wailing that echoes out into the dimly lit corridors beyond the door.

I would finally be cured of despair. Because the only thing I can't analyze is love

Even though it might not be totally obvious - but Junko's personality is basically Monokuma, in fact, there several things that make it 100% obvious it is actually Junko saying or thinking those things, and there are some really startling things you can find out from those lines

>She is 100% into girls
>Matsuda was only a "best friend"
>She regrets being ultimate despair
>She tried curing herself
>In the end decided instead of moving "sideways and backwards" and cured she should just move "forward" and face her fate and/or death as a despair

user who posted the Maki and Toujou FTEs yesterday, here's a pastebin for Tenko's FTEs. They're more comedic than I expected.
pastebin.com/HPt2X5za
Any requests on who I should do next?

Here's a good tenko

Have Himiko's FTEs been translated yet?
I'd like to see those.

>no tsumugi in it

0/10

whats up with that dress? i keep seeing it everywhere on twitter

Seconding this.

Angie!

Tenko Tenko Ten~!

It's the new titty sweater/cat lingerie
At least this dress is actually cute, cat lingerie doesn't translate well in 3d

They'll let her watch

Imagine that these hands belong to you.

Fuck off. Nobody wants to touch your smelly otaku.

Can you rangle my dangan

Izuru is a tragic and complex figure who is eternally struggling with the fact that he's so good at everything that everything else is boring to him. He's pretty depressing. And to top it off, even with his talents, he still can't prevent the end of the world and the death of his beloved. He's driven into despair and resignation until he finally gets a chance to avenge her and save himself, hence why he orchestrated the events of SDR2, in order to free both Hajime and himself. He succeeds, more or less. Though he didn't get the death he wanted, it's still better than where he was. He was perfectly willing to sacrifice himself in order to revive Hajime as well.

Izuru is too flawed and sad to be considered a Mary Sue. Though he is a hero, he probably suffers the most out of anyone in the franchise. Only finding happiness upon saving Chiaki, Hinata, and his classmates. But it still takes him years of pain, especially the pain of watching his friends despair.

Imagine being Ouma in this situation

That's not good enough. Either they fulfill her fantasies or nothing at all.

I'd touch her.

>She is 100% into girls
Stopped reading right there. Go back on tumblr, Jess.

I don't get how he can fingerbang people to death.

Do any of you think kohaka is going to end up selling out more and make a drv3 anime a la dr3? (Pre brainwash side and post game side with the survivors)? I have a gut feeling the ride won't end here.

Joke's on you, this is my fetish.

>The second event starts with her apologizing for throwing him but stating he shouldn't be surprised since she doesn't like men. He asks if she carried him back to his room after he passed out.
Cute!

juicedup20, in his recent streams, finished up Himiko's FTEs, so you can watch those while waiting. Though, I don't know when he did the first one.

more amami/shinguji art is always good.

>Pre brainwash side
I wouldn't mind this

Her body redeems her slightly

How would you make Kaede,Maki and Himiko factor into the sequel

sauce?

>Kaede

But she's dead.

Jokes on you, same here

>9
I mean Saihara

I would prefer for him to choke me instead.

I thought people would say that, but when she says she likes to stare at girls, wants to get a girlfriend, and how her apparent boyfriend was only a "best friend", that is the only sensible conclusion I can come up with, as /u/ and /dumblr/ as that sounds

>nothing at all
Ok so Tsumugi gets nothing. That's good.

I wouldn't

I'd make a prequel instead

It was a dream.

Have any of Hoshi's FTEs been translated yet?

reddit.com/r/danganronpa/comments/5qrrwz/heres_some_ndrv3_art/

>She later mentions that licking your opponent is a pretty good way to get them to let their guard down.
>She then freaks out because she wanted to shake his hand to thank him but couldn't even think about it properly so she bluntly asks him to switch sexes for it.

Who cares. I'd rather have a prequel about Amami or a spinoff manga about Ouma than have more of the boring trio.

>Pre-brainwash side
I'd be hyped but I was also hyped for Despair side and we all know how that turned out

I want Saihara to do this to me.

Exactly how did that turn out again? I mean, why is it considered bad?

I would be willing to bet the next game will have time travel but it will be like charcters from different periods in history i doubt it will be too heavy in the time travel sc-fi

I wouldn't. Maki and Kaede are boring.

His inner desires. What does it mean?

No this is bad and you should feel bad.

> She then says that he has guts for trying to talk to her again after she made him faint. She accuses him of being into it. He says no.
Characters in V3 sure like to accuse Saihara of being a masochist.

Name a better ship than pic related.
note: You can't.

A prequel with Amami would be intresting but i don't think making him the lead would be a good idea

Same here

There will be no time travel. It will be something more retarded than that.

The characters of every game have accused the protag of being a masochist.

It's a gag that Kodaka just likes.

>the only thing that's happening in /drg/ outside of shipping

This. Despair side was a complete mess and like I prefer supplementary materials about Amami, Ouma and Kiibo because the first two are our best bets for getting relevant info, while Kiibo is worth expanding on as well.

Kodaka wanted to make a time travel story so i think it's possible

SDR2 characters reduced to caricatures of themselves, which is impressive considering that they already were caricatures

Focus on Future characters went nowhere half the time

Junko never gets to show off how manipulative the narrative made her out to be because she just mindhaccs everyone, turning the SDR2 cast into dindus

Izuru also turned into a dindu and is basically the Tsumugi of the series

Juzo was only good thing

Why not? He's already got the ahoges for it.

That was just an idea he was throwing around and people took it as fact.

>She then begins to talk about the secret of Neo Aikido which is actually a giant reference to Kira Kira- wearing a mask and becoming a hero of Justice. After Saihara had his doubts she says that the hero is justice is not fiction. She says that anything will go as Neo Aikido for aiding Justice- from helping people with luggage to catching shoplifters as she did recently. She goes on to talk about how she teaches Neo Aikido to girls who have had their hearts broken by men.

Tenko is the superhero we needed. Why did she have to die?

I think Izuru Kamakura (The OG one) being a main character in a Danganronpa game would be intresting

You mean...

SHIFTing?

Kiibo could give relevant insight to TDR as well.

>he says that she's realizing now that some men are good, like her teacher. She says that she will also make an exception for Saihara since he and her master both have completed some Neo Aikido training which has allowed them to overcome their evils as men.
I guess that's progress.

>tfw the first fanart basically predicted case 4

I wish. Kodaka the hack will probably expand on Maki's edgy assassin background or some shit

Well about those three I'd be glad to get more on them. As long as it's not on Saihara, Maki and Himiko.

>time travelling by minhaccing someone into thinking they're from a certain era
I can see him doing this

I hope we get SHSL Hero eventually

Juzo was really one of the only good things about the DR3 anime. Mileage varies on Junko though, her manipulation of Juzo and Ryota was pretty fantastic to watch but I agree the rest just seems lazy.

Izuru wasn't a part of Nagito's dream anyway.

Yeah having charcter from different peroids interacting in a killing game would be intresting especially since they would have widely different veiwpoints

This. He'll try to make Maki more likeable.

FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT KAEDE DIED FOR NOTHING

Delta was a mistake.

>1930s DR game set on a train/yacht/world's fair where Izuru is kidnapped with several other talented students from around the world and forced into a killing game

Could be interesting. It'd be a good explanation as for what inspired him to open the school in the first place. It'd also expand the plot if it revealed that Monokuma and the killing game wasn't Junko's design and someone else made them.

>saihara manning up and taking charge
This is my fetish

Whatever.

It's better off without Kaede. I'm glad Saihara will let go of her.

Fuck that would actually be cool though there are several talents that wouldn't be possible due to the setting

>tfw you want it but you feel like the bullying will be escalated to flat out abuse.

I want nagito to sneeze all over me

It's not happening senpai.

I doubt he'd care. I bet it will be some other writer who identifies with Maki.

I mean time peroid

It would be a great idea especially if he turns out to have been a ruthless asshole. Would be nice to have a MC like that.

Cute

twitter.com/leftover36

Aww but it would be interesting - seriously though why did Kodaka completely let go of the prison theme - that couldn't have worked much better then TV Show Meta.

Re: Kiibo, it just sounds absurd to give him that much of a backstory if he's just a a cameraman and what Shirogane said about being the 53rd Junko also bothers me, does that mean all the other games pretty much get narrowed down to Junko and Naegi or what?

Aside from all these questions that aren't answered at the end of the game, we have survivors besides Saihara whose relevance to the plot far pale compared to someone like Ouma (Who might still be more in the know than even what we see in the game, it's hard to tell with him) or someone with a really useful talent like Miu.

It's just very frustrating that all three of the characters with the most potential for expansion are dead and Kiibo would likely have his memories wiped even if he returns.

No hard feelings, Kaedeanon, but aren't you a bit tired of this?

It would suck to have an NPC you knew would survive. He'd be a pretty good choice for MC spot. Especially if he kills someone to get out.

Thanks bby

Posted this a good while back but I made a cross chart template for V3 characters if anyone wants to use it.

>will probably expand on Maki's edgy assassin background or some shit

that would be the more boring thing ever and make mukuro's novel look like a masterpiece.

We are coming up with better ideas for games then Kodaka

>world's fair

So they'd be kidnapped by H.H. Holmes?