Other urls found in this thread:

grogansoft.com/mouse-dreams/
youtube.com/watch?v=_z-cXdFMByM
youtube.com/watch?v=3VrRv0nVz-g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>over 2 and a half hours of Nick posting in previous thread
Please, no more

Second for Post Progress!

who is this Veeky Forums guy and why did he ruin this man's life?

first for unity a shit

Oh so that guy is rick

why would you post your progress in Veeky Forums if you cant take comments?

fuck i took people calling me autist for half a year for my fighting game with shity animations and i sitll post here.

see nobody is talking about him, except shitposters talking about how people are supposedly talking about him. they probably think nobody notices, but we do.

pic related i guess.

i-it's progress guys I swear
that's an intended feature

Enough with this Nick posting. Haven't you guys ruined his life enough?

I don't give a fuck
just make it stop

Unlike Rick I cannot wait to take the abuse from the suggestion and bug report box I just need a better computer because im dirt poor.

>I was only pretending to be obsessed
You weren't, though.

That's looking pretty good!

Look it's a version of that agdg game with the flashlight mouse but actually good:

grogansoft.com/mouse-dreams/

is this good enough?

I hope you guys will have an enjoyable time.

>fuck i took people calling me autist for half a year for my fighting game with shity animations and i sitll post here.
That's quite an impressive cuck mentality you've got there. I bet you think humoring your bullies in agdg is gaining you cool points or something.

i wanna fuck the one on the left

original is hotter

>see
But that post is stupid and wrong. Thanks for letting me know to shit on your game whenever possible in the future.

nah
my game is awesome, i just that i have a super power.
youtube.com/watch?v=_z-cXdFMByM

my super power is not giving a shit.

you're welcome

So I was at this swiss event (Ludicious). It was cool. I showed my game to a lot of people. I got business cards. I even gave a mini talk, but it was after the event was over and almost only other devs were still there. It was nice.

But this country is crazy, you have to pay around $15 for a Big Mac menu.

>photoshop for and full of pixels
Really makes you think

>for a hand full*
whatever

You are made a clone of a java mobile game called EDGE?

You can still make a game and not get bullied like how Im going to call you a faggot bitch and say hey yo where da white womenz at mah dick.

Frankly speaking if you are going to be a developer and speak to the Fanbase you have to grow a thicker skin.

>And that means sometimes putting your foot down.

"Ok we made it so you can insert the fish into the Robot"
"B-b-b-b--b U didn't like exactly how you did it please change it this way"
"That'd add time and complexity to an already functional feature"
"But I am paying you and I am telling you what to do"
"Grab the shaft babay cause now im telling you what to do"

Theres a difference between Constructive criticism and just someone flapping on over some innocuous crap.

Sounds pretty neat. Did you learn anything while you were there?

>i don't give a shit what people say about my game that deliberately looks bad
A real rebel dev you are.

well if you seriourly expect that your first game will not look like shit. i dont know what to tell you.

If I have a 4:1 shitpost:progress post ratio what kindve dev am I?

progressive

>Frankly speaking if you are going to be a developer and speak to the Fanbase you have to grow a thicker skin.

This is not a fanbase. There's no excuse for continuing to shitpost about some dev who posted here last year once or twice and triggered autistic shitposters into literally jerking off over his sad tweets and illnesses. This is dark twisted nodev shit that actively encourages devs to leave or not post progress. And other cuck devs to chime in like "oh I got bullied but I don't care so I'm cool right guys?" fucking sad, all of it.

terrible

Making weapons from data tables in UE4 is kind of neat.

WIP workshop model. Definitely needs some more work; not sure if I'm at a point where I should finally seek out an artist (I think the guy I had in mind may be too busy on other projects to actually do anything) or if I should push through with shit graphics to alpha. Suggestions?

>bringing your obsession with "catching" "danny" in every thread into this thread
Stupid nigger get your shitposting ass out of here. I was talking about fans that might not agree with how you implement something in your game.

Oh wait you probably never experienced anything like that because you're a filthy fucking nodev who doesn't have a game and never will.

Hmmmmm?

>You are made a clone of a java mobile game called EDGE?
Nah it's a game about nanomachines:
youtube.com/watch?v=3VrRv0nVz-g
It's a programming puzzle game in the same vein than SpaceChem and Human Resource Machine.

>Did you learn anything while you were there?
I got another confirmation that even studios who manage to make good games and to win awards can be commercial failures, with their authors talking privately about quitting making their own games / quitting video game industry.
Life is hard. Life making video games is even harder.

Sometimes the feeling is quite strange. You are supposed to be at the top, and yet you still feel alone and poor and sad.
I'm not saying I'm feeling this way or that everybody is feeling this way, but it's like it's summer outside but it's winter in your heart.

So its an EDGE clone with a twist.
Looks fine tho.

huh?

>trying to turn this into another ebin false flag
>still being literally insane
Do you monkey. Do you.

Whaa?

I was wondering how you were using data tables

put an owl in your video games

y tho

That game looks pretty fucking __fun_____ but I don't think I'd be very good at something like that.

From an UX perspective, where should the health be displayed on the hud in an fps?

too spooky

Okay

rate my hexagon rendering engine

Notice how this sensible reply is immediately met by mentally ill shitposting by sourcefag in yet another attempt to false flag danny (who was not even mentioned)
Being literally obsessed with danny and nick two namefag whodevs nobody cares about. Being literally obsessed for 2 years. Being literally insane. Not gamedev.

>is this good enough?

Not really.

vid

Starting on the left border of the screen, crossing the middle and ending on the right border.

on it

The screen should tint redder the more damage you take.

undecagon/6

It just displays this misshapen hexagon,
started the project 5 minutes ago

Failing to duct tape together a garry's mod map can really break a person.

>unironically telling people to put satanic imagery in their game

With the help of data tables I can give each weapon a destinct property, like energy consumtion, projectile and material.

You're just as obsessed with them as they are with Nick! But who cares? Ignore and report shitposters, and make game!

Where is your game?

Great job dude, we're proud.
>But this country is crazy, you have to pay around $15 for a Big Mac menu.
Vidya is also expensive in Switzerland then, right? I for one remember game prices being something like 1.25x times the price of other european countries.
How much will you make it cost in the swiss Steam store though? Same amount of the $/€ price in (whatever is the swiss currency) or more?

Add an angle en render with different angles. What are you using? OpenGL?

Kinda looks like a nightmare about animal crossing.

samefam

this is bullshit, since it gives no indication on how much health you have left.

>no YOU are obsessed
I guess I should make an OP about them too then :^)

Generals always have two states : great, or pure cancer

Yeah The Data tables are real nice.

Nope. This is your post It made no sense, mentioned danny for no reason and was generally literally insane. A frustrated shitpost reply to something that sensibly diffused your retardation. All you sourcefag.

How's that garry's mod map going? :^)

>tfw have to add "obsessed" and "obsession" to my filters
It's getting more filtered than Runescape.

>an animal made by The Lord GOD is satanic
no user, you are the heretics

wrong

What ?

>Add an angle en render with different angles. What are you using? OpenGL?
Qt, the GUI toolkit
Turns out it has a fast 2D engine, based on BSP, complete with input handling, that uses OpenGL.

Qt might be ideal to prototype 2D games

Not an argument.

How are you storing your game's levels?

Stop posting your 2013 facebook nigger memes

>Qt might be ideal to prototype 2D games
I'm sure pygame is better at that.

The only thing he's ever wanted in life was to be a level designer. And black.

Please be respectful to minorities.

json to let players mod the game.

>It's a meme thread
Someone want to make a proper OP?

One creature at a time I just finished doing a cubic butterfly Christ.

>implying it needs to be human-readable bloated text to be moddable

>be an idiot
>be mistaken for another idiot
Maybe don't be an idiot?

Yes you can use your own binary format if you want. But you won't save space compared to compressed json.

nice damage control, baka.
maybe dont accuse people of being other people
maybe dont be so obsessed with shitposters

>won't save space compared to compressed json.

It definitely will, but regardless the load times will be significantly faster if you can essentially just go straight from disk to memory with no processing. Whereas, with JSON, you have to parse it and interpret it, and if it's compressed that's even more work.

Owls are part of god's creation and plan.

>easily identify a shitpost
>YOU'RE OBSESSED
This whole "accuse everyone else of being obsessed now that my obsession with nick ridgeway is a topic of discussion" thing is getting old.

No user, that won't slow load time. That's poorly coded game that slow down time.

>100 posts into the thread
Just suck it up like a big boy.