Spessmen on a Space Station - /ss13g/

Blasma addition

Previously in Spess
>WERE KEEPING THEM AT BAY
>Left. B. Hind voted best spaceman 2016
>Ghetto Space program launched, with 0 success!
>Sec trying to improve. Spoiler alert, it will never happen

Last Thread → →

>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Veeky Forumsstation forum and logs
ss13.moe/forum/
game.ss13.moe/logs

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>Cryo Autism
pastebin.com/raw/YmAyagUa

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/u40ABfJz

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/blob/Bleeding-Edge/code/modules/reagents/Chemistry-Reagents.dm
youtube.com/watch?v=v-3Z3jmDiL0
youtube.com/watch?v=vbB8mcM_xS8
youtube.com/watch?v=A6cSbof7Pik
youtube.com/watch?v=ZPsU-ZMC6SA
youtube.com/watch?v=1Wi1Y8cmjyM
youtube.com/watch?v=CMC1VethykE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Dwarf
youtube.com/watch?v=BR8o4gxL_Tg
strawpoll.me/10826142/r
youtube.com/watch?v=rVpg2IrGwsk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for [/spoiler] waifus

first for mediborgs

plasmapeople are shit

>Room starts snowing full blast
>Click my mags
>Look at my partner
>Oh fuck he still hasn't listen to me, there's still ti...
>bzzzt, k-krash bzzzt, k-krashb zzzt, k-krash
>Fwoosh
>Someone opens something in the distance
>*scream
>*scream
>*scream
>Have to go fight the silicon tide on my own
Fug XDDD

oxygen acting like plasma when there is no nitrogen when

Post your
>favorite character
>least favorite character
>character that gets more hate than they deserve
>character that deserves more hate

me
me
me
me

(you)x4

please end the
>
meme.

>clown super pressurized maint by collecting and opening all of the publically available air tanks in the ghetto morgue
>open it when doing my patrol.
>zasd to dead within a minute.

I legit hate zas. Sure he was an antag, but there's literally no defense to something like that besides powergaming mag boots at round start.

But that's dumb.

Sometimes you die. It's the point of the game

As you all know, botany has lots of plants that grow special chemicals in them, nearly all of which are useless because the chemist 20 tiles away can mass-manufacture them with magnitudes less time and effort. We're gonna fix this by swapping out the chemicals in plants with identical-acting ones that stack with them, so if you ingest bicaridine + plant-bicaridine, you get healed of brute damage twice as fast.

Please suggest botany/plant-themed names and descriptions for the below chemicals. Take a look at github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/blob/Bleeding-Edge/code/modules/reagents/Chemistry-Reagents.dm to see how they're named and described right now.

DERMALINE (aloe vera)
BICARIDINE (poppies)
KELOTANE (ambrosia, green grapes)
SPACE_DRUGS (ambrosia)
SYNAPTIZINE (ambrosia deus)
HYPERZINE (ambrosia deus)
IMIDAZOLINE (carrots)
STOXIN
ANTI_TOXIN (kudzu)
SACID (pitcher plants, nettles)
PACID (death nettles)

>Quartermaster
>Botantist
>Security Officer
>Assistant

>identical
Nah man they should be a little shittier

>medbay no think they have a right to botanical clay like they did with the bar before doctors delight was nerfed

If each tile would be about 4x4 feet IRL, how big would the station be?

>Service borg will never get an extinguisher meaning if it slips it has to be blown and teleported back nor bless halls
>Default will never be able to unlock shit without picking a module
>Borgs will never be able to open idlock lockers turning them into a fortress of autism against the metal menace
>Eng borgs will never be able to pickup and load tanks
>Spiderbots will never be able to pilot mechs
>Eng borg is still the undisputed tyrant of the borg team
>The AI will never be installed into a marauder that journeys forth from its core under Hogan

Take your meta cancer shit and fuck off.

Pull your battle buddy in a closet like a good goy. Once the air settles he can get out and feed you bicard, dex, inaprov, iron, and donuts to ride it out. It's what closets are for you fag.

That's still pointless from both not needing it , huge maintainability problem having to update all the obscure uses like mended internal bleeding, service recipes, and soldering irons, and basically even when you're trying to peuso-ling with borers and a pill bottle in AEOD armor you're still gonna eat shit regardless. Just stop being an autist.

Does security even know it's cult?

Botany has never even tried to help medbay when I was there. The most they do is come into medbay without saying a word and smoking his vulgaris branch while puking all over the goddamn floor.

this so mucus

>latejoin assistant
>get arrested for breaking into atmos
>get freed
>converted to cult
>get arrested with a rune in my bag
>they free me
>get arrested with a rune and a tome later
>they still free me

Amazing

anyone got the end screen up?

Each tile is 2m x 2m. This is the accepted size.
So around well over 200m for the size of the station.

>Implying
When you ghetto grand powergame all your days are redtext and evacuate alive with your battle buddy.

>73 Online
FUCK this.

>connection failed
u fokkin wot m8?

fucking ERT free'd you from perma by opening doors

THEN DRAGGED YOU AWAY AFTER HE TASED YOU AND FREE'D YOU FOR REAL

AND I WAS TOO HUNGRY TO CATCH UP

AND THEN HE SAID HE FREE'D YOU BECAUSE YOU DIDNT "RESIST" THE IMPLANT

ree

I got the same thing, just try again

Being a golem that round was fun. Sorry we failed, dad.

greentext is for dorks and I enjoy dying sometimes

That'll involve more effort and copy-pasting but it's what I thought of doing in the first place so sure.
There's currently zero incentive to grind any of the plants being grown. At the very least we should buff the chemicals that the vox traders grow, there's no point to them making aloe or pitcher plants since chemistry can just make dermaline and sacid well enough on their own.
Not a maintainability problem if they're child datums.

sometimes it doesn't pop up. just click the big gray button that appears on top-right after round end.

You did good cargo. Next time, just split the dosh a bit Qm, talk a lil more and you can shape up to be a Qm as good as Robert.

The guy who icked last round has an account age of 3. Where the fuck are all these new people coming from?

Slime is best nogenderuu~

hippie is in the middle of a schism and like rats from a burning ship the go to other places to call home.

I like your ghetto bar Pete. It was very comfy.

Stacking heal meds are irrelevant due to the nature of competent spaceman combat
A second stacking synaptazine will happen over my fucking dead body.
Space drug stack would do nothing
Hyperzine stack would do nothing
Imid is such a rare corner case of anti-blind 5 wiz it's basically once in a blue moon
stox would be pure redundancy
The acids would only be good for giving botany 1.5s crits

>It's another autistic trader shitting up the code episode
Immigrants were a mistake

Other servers are dying and there's been a popular streamer making ss13 vids on top of the usual redditards shilling us

where does one check account age

DERMALINE - Aloe Gel
BICARIDINE - Brutinol
KELOTANE - Coalsugar
SPACE_DRUGS - Trip
SYNAPTIZINE - Stans
HYPERZINE - Celeritate
IMIDAZOLINE - ?
STOXIN - Hypnol

some suggestions

>bwoinked "what do you think you are doing"
>start to sweat due to executing and permaing multiple people
>turns out it was just another ERT harmbatoning people

phew

In that sense, a 3-tile wide hallway is 6 meters wide?
That's almost twice as much as my fucking bedroom, christ

what if some of the genetic modified plants like amborsia deus or something along those lines could have chems that heal things like organ damage, internal bleeding, or even broken bones

That's the worst feeling. When the bwoink shakes off the haze and it all comes back to you.

Cargo trolleys aka mules man.

Peridaxon would be nice but you're basically already dead if you need it. It's also already an exotic seed or mutation product iirc

Go to the admin logs and ctrl+f "relatively new player"

>try to play sec, because of all the posts about how sec is horrible.
>figure "how hard can it be? I used to play sec daily a year or so ago".

>nobody communicates
>nobody sets arrest status
>those who do forget to reset them once they're released, leading to beepskys promptly rearresting them
>sometimes the warden puts him straight back into the cell.
>nobody ever sets notes, or replies when you request a reason as to why a crew member is set to arrest.
>sec officers actively avoid working together, to the point where I dedicated myself to following one officer with all my might and they wordlessly yakety sax away from me, even though I claimed him as my partner.
>nobody does a full search, ever
>People seem to forget hazard vests and lab coats have pockets.
>get beheaded by an e sword because the person that my sec buddy just searched failed to search the exosuit slot.
>sometimes the sec officers believe the perpetrators claims that "the warden/officer is a traitor/ling/vampire" leading to officers arresting eachother on unbacked claims by greyshits, and general infighting.

Holyfuck. This is the real reason no one plays sec, not because of flimsy "everyone hates you".

Someone inject me full of space drugs and sleep toxins. Let me sleep forever.

You're basically already dead if you NEED peridaxon, but not necessarily if it would just be helpful
Getting heart surgery over like 3 heart damage is unpleasant

sorry for the birds i left in perma

We've gotten invaded by newfags from youtube videos, more reddit posts, and hippie dying. They'll burn out and it'll return to buddy sec shitting on shitters. Just teach as many as you can and be patient with the downeys who just want to collect valid kills.

>>sometimes the sec officers believe the perpetrators claims that "the warden/officer is a traitor/ling/vampire" leading to officers arresting eachother on unbacked claims by greyshits, and general infighting.
>Arresting the dept shitter disposer
>Ever
>Implying a redshirt would ever attack his brothers without being attacked first
Dark times indeed. Getting an antag in sec is a blessing, I don't grasp why they'd waste getting the most powerful tool they can get.

my biggest difficulty with sec is knowing who is innocent and guilty, and dealing with them appropriately, especially as warden

people whining at you is more antagonising then being slipped and decapped before riding the wild ride for 10 minutes

for example last round 1 cultist fucking drank 30u holy water like a champ, then when free'd and arrested again spammed "Unkown CRIES" at the speed of sound while being dragged to perma before a fucking ERT of all people free's him 4nr

and then when people exclaim there innocence to the very end, leaving you to expect the bwoink when you cram them full of 50u chloral but it never comes

Dermaline - kathalai (The Ayurvedic name for aloe vera)
Bicaridine - opium
Kelotane - tannic acid (burn remedy found in some varieties of wine grapes grown in clay-rich soil)
Space drugs - mescaline (psychoactive compound found in peyote cacti)
Synaptizine - nicotine
Hyperzine - cocaine
Imidazoline - zeaxanthin
Sleep toxin - valerenic acid (sleep aid found in the valeria herb)
Anti toxin - allicin (the active ingredient in garlic, a broad spectrum antibiotic)
Sulphuric acid - protease (used by pitcher plants to digest protein chains)
Polytrinic acid - moroidin (psychoactive compound that causes intense pain)

Just stick to evidence based space law. If an asimov silicon or officer or camera watcher didn't see it and there's no further evidence just let it slide. Over time you'll pick up on the little clues of who did and didn't enough to have accurately made the calls all week before you begin to step beyond the upper bounds of space law.

Post songs you want on the jukebox.

Admins are very lenient to sec. I've gotten a warning for fucking with sec in a high stress round.

i always try to pull myself up from the pit of "catch the antag" and into "follow the law" but there are times you just know with absolute certainty someone is a filthy fucking murderer and they just sit there indignantly in interrogation saying "wheres the proofs? :^)" and you can taste the ahelp their finger is so eager to press

You're only human, after all.
Every officer has a breaking point where they won't be able to put aside their personal feelings and do what is just, instead of what is right.
Don't feel bad about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=v-3Z3jmDiL0
youtube.com/watch?v=vbB8mcM_xS8
youtube.com/watch?v=A6cSbof7Pik
youtube.com/watch?v=ZPsU-ZMC6SA
youtube.com/watch?v=1Wi1Y8cmjyM
youtube.com/watch?v=CMC1VethykE

Maybe now the fucking vidya tracks would be worth fucking listening, since its all such horrible fucking trash. Completely unrelated, DEMIFIEND BUS WHEN

Space Station 13 would make such a great television show. Of course it wouldn't be the same station each time, but if there was the same crew, it'd be very homey I think.

Post fun/useful things to do in botany

Does security even know it's vampires?

maybe
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Dwarf

Would you unban anyone on this list if you were pomf?

There would be a lot of characters

Make cryo potatoes or perixadon cabbage

Try your best to be relevant when a machine will always heal better than you ever can hope to.

Realize that you are nothing but endless fodder maker for the chef or a bioweapon producer and say fuck it while splicing cyanide into your 200 potency nova flowers for shits and giggles.

Spam nymphs to get people back in the round. Learn how to make all your stuff and make it better so you know how. You can gear up a validhunt kit but you're a shitter to do so.

double warm canines

That's not so bad. You don't /need/ a main character, do you?

Don't talk about that kind of atuff, user.
Now that you brought it up, some autist will start coming up with character sheets while making a strawpoll to figure out which waifus we want included.

good point

just the first part, on the syndicate playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=BR8o4gxL_Tg

strawpoll.me/10826142/r
you rang

For once, im smiling at waifuposting, because I remembered that sue is gone for good. Thanks for that retarded waifu poster.

>sue almost at #1 above ginger
the power of memes

Fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=rVpg2IrGwsk

>tfw in top 5 (not counting sue)

I'd like an episode of space court like last night.

What happened last night?

I space fucked your space mom

>over 10 people voted for me

Were these rigged or do people actually like me?

>most of these people don't play anymore
Is the age of the waifu over?

hot, did you record it my dude

So, there's been talk amongst the admins to outright ban Rin Fukimoto, or if for those who do not know Pootismaniac. From, security jobs completely. We've been split on the issue.

Sorry, I meant "My SPACE dude".

Post proofs that you're the real Probe.

>grammar
Is this nuke pretending to be probe?

>>sec officers actively avoid working together, to the point where I dedicated myself to following one officer with all my might and they wordlessly yakety sax away from me, even though I claimed him as my partner.
please tell me that wasn't me
I didn't mean to run away from you, I just get terrified when there's people watching me
Also, my connection likes to drop at the exact moment people say/do important shit and never any time else so I probably missed your shout

Yes
Its the age of the lads now

user, probe doesn't come here to talk that sort of shit.

Prove you are probe, or quit baiting.

She is borderlining on mikecari status. It may be extreme to outright ban her from all sec positions. Maybe cap/hos/warden/detective ban and keep a close eye on her behavior when shes a normal sec officer

This post isn't from me. I love Rin, and would never even mention banning her!
I want to pin the Rin!

She was banned from security a little while ago
To pin means to ban

This post isn't from me. I hate Rin, and would always mention banning her!
I don't want to pin the Rin!

>favorite character
moi
>least favorite character
Avada GODDAMN I FUCKING HATE AVAADAA AAGHGHGA FUCKING HATE HATE HATE DESPISE HAAAAAATE
>character that gets more hate than they deserve
Yahir, he a good boi
>character that deserves more hate
Avada JESUS FUCKING CHRIST I CANNOT EXPRESS IN WORDS HOW MUCH I DESPISE AVADA.

we know it's you plaguewalker, you aren't fooling anyone

>Ginger
Admin, doesn't play
>Sue
Banned
>Felicity
Plays
>Naomi
Doesn't play
>Annie
Plays rarely
>Kaylie