/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, January 29th:
661 – The Rashidun Caliphate ends with the death of Ali, and the Imamah of the Shia going to the second Imam, Hassan ibn Ali
1258 – First Mongol invasion of Đại Việt: Đại Việt defeats the Mongols at the battle of Đông Bộ Đầu, forcing the Mongols to withdraw from the country.
1916 – World War I: Paris is first bombed by German zeppelins.
1918 – Ukrainian–Soviet War: The Bolshevik Red Army, on its way to besiege Kiev, is met by a small group of military students at the Battle of Kruty.

>News
CK2 DD38 - My kingdom for an interface
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-38-my-kingdom-for-an-interface.995951/

EU4 - 24/01
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-24th-of-january-2017.996110/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_adoptional_jurisprudence
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Based.

Reminder that EU4 is the best grand strategy game ever made.

nigger

White.

Based Erdogan

What province uniqueness was there in HTTT? You had everything everywhere, gold was the only limiting factor to massing infrastructure.

where is DH download

La Plata

finish your mod puto

Why do you post this? Is it supposed to look good or look like a shithole?

La Plata is white and based

Provinces had very different base manpower values that weren't nearly as effectful with the new manpower buildings added in DW.

yeehaw

black

Reposting from the old thread

Zombiemod guy here, I added a new option after an user suggested it to me. You can play as zombies now!

Zombies get almost no research points, can't westernize, and can't get non military reforms. They also have no political parties.

As for the bonuses, they get provinces they occupy after around 2 weeks of occupation, get massive amounts of soldier pops, lose the zombie outbreak modifier almost immediately regardless of occupation by rebels, and zombie rebels (mostly) avoid them.

If you don't play as them at the start (They start in one province in China) they immediately get annexed and never affect the game after day 2.

acidic

>all this butthurt
Niceee

work on your mod

If I attack America, can I set up the US government again?

Not much a suggestion and more a joke and a flash of inspiration on your part t.bh

BLACKED AND NOT BASED

for its first war the revolution has decided the logical course of action is to take on half the muslim world, by themselves

persia and the ottomans are both great powers so I could intervene, or wait to see if someone hates the turks more than they do the russians

well it looks like I'm going to have to wait for 10 years for the international isolation modifier to wear off, meanwhile my war exhaustion will stay at the same percentage until then.

I guess I'll just work on industry and shit

this one will REALLY make you think

>Perfect worlds don't exist

I still really liked the idea, not going to add much more to them but the little option to play as them instead of just Britain/Spain simulator is nice. Plus they die off immediately if they aren't human so it doesn't affect too much.

mother of god, those aren't just any troops, those are lategame ottoman troops

and they're still winning a 2/3 disadvantage battles

helps that they have russian napoleon fighting it though

Since we're on the topic of EU4, what mod do I play if I want an improved map and maybe some flavor events? Meow and Taxes is too laggy for me, pretty much unplayable.

What the hell do you do as Sardinia-Piedmont in HPM?

I always seem to do the decisions in the wrong order it feels.

>Sunnis are kill
>Catholicism much stronger

persuasive case desu

FUCKING DELET THIS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>those are lategame ottoman troops
Doesn't really mean that much

By russian napoleon do you mean that he's from an event or just that he's a good general?

Russians have 0.5 yearly army tradition, so their generals should net them another 0.6-1 extra pip over the ottomans.

Political map is... Slightly less persuasive.
France/Castille/Portugal are in a big "fuck you" alliance that keeps me from wanting to go to war over the last bits of berberland + southern spain. Also Bosnia is in PU under France. France also has the same dynasty as Savoy and Moldavia (De Medici)

Meanwhile, Bohemia has been the Emperor for well over a century now, and has both Liege and Poland in PU. Poland is currently being integrated.

Meanwhile, when the heck is the new world supposed to be revealed to me.

dunno if he's an event but I was more talking about the fact they have a 4/6/5 general running around

might be an event general

Revolutionary government also gives +10% morale.

What map mod is this? Ill suck your dick if you tell me.

If you lose a revolution to communists, and they revert your upper house reforms to ruling party only, does that mean you get to just take education and health care reforms nilly willy?

>Unzips
It's A Revolutionary Borders Mod

Damnit.

Is it THE best map mod out there, or is there better?

To be honest this is almost fucking perfect. Protestant Britain+Nordics with Catholic Europe is exactly how it should be, and Shia Ottomemes is a beautiful thing I didn't even know I needed in my life.

France should be reformed desu

>[Deleted]
What did the janny mean by this

ottomans would never become shia
it would mean giving control of the imamate to a sayyid

neat, they're worth about double what the ottomans are worth

revolution is one hell of a drug

I don't think any King would willingly convert, Paris is worth a mass

also just found out they elected an "inspiring leader" great consul which is another +5% morale

>What is an arranged marriage to ensure the Osmanoglu bloodline will be a sayyid bloodline

>darial pass not in the caucasus
shows how much p*cocks knows about geography

what the hell why is this such a huge event

anyway I don't think I'll do this considering the new government doesn't care about converting people to catholicism

The Italian-American war between Haiti/Louisiana and Italy and her colonial possessions is over, from Haiti the Italian government is to take direct control of several trade ports, Jamaica, Havana and the eastern coast of Hispanola. From Louisiana though, the situation is less clear..

sayyid has to be someone of muhammads house

Three reforms as fucking FRANCE in 1499? Is this Ironmode?

are there any that exist today? I mean I know the first king of independent iraq was feisal, didn't he have lineage tracing back to muhammad considering his father was sherif of mecca?

>2
>4
>10

Kill yourself.

>Although reliable statistics are unavailable, conservative estimates put the number of Sayyids in the tens of millions.[6]

A union that would create a mirza.

of course
every one of them probably got a harem of 4 women

>king

Take it then release it as a puppet to free it from the imperialist swines of europe

WWWEEEEEWWW ok lmao it's one of those things

That would be the real issue yes, you'd need not only a Sultana, but a Sultana that marries a Sayyid and keeps the family name. Pretty much impossibru.

Did they adopt? Maybe they could've adopted a Sayyid at some point.

>Catholic Estonia

The territory is currently under complete Italian occupation, but as the war winds down it is clear the territory will have to be accounted for in the peace deal. Competition between New Italy and Medicia over where exactly the Mississipi is has led to a dispute, and it falls to us, as their protector, to decide the issue.

Option 1: Extreme Medician claim.
Medicia, the loyal and weak Texan colony is to be given all of the land they claim. This shall aggravate New Italy, but the minor colony of Medicia, ever faithful to mother Italy will surely become somewhat of a powerhouse through this.

Option 2: The New Italian demand.
New Italy, the problem child of the Italian empire, fragile and ineffective, yet nonetheless rebellious. The colonial governer advises against humouring them, as it will no doubt make them even more ambitious than they are currently.

Option 3: The Governor's suggestion.
The Governer of the North American holdings suggests a third option, splitting to two claims to either please both or please neither, depending on your world view. Whilst true, this option will come more amicably to the colonies this does of course risk strengthening both of them, possibly to the point of distraction.

Option 4: If you kids can't play nice..
There is another thought crossing the Emperor's mind, simply declaring the area a new colony, with a new governor. Though this won't be accepted by either colony they really are powerless to refuse the Emperor's word.

Why is EUIV so fucking shit ?

damn potatoes

ENEMIES OF THE REVOLUTION
this is gonna be happening every fucking 2 years isn't it
I guess I just need mass politics asap for ideological propaganda but that's another 20 years away

it used to be 1,3,1 before the revolution, I had 1500 prestige actually ;_;

lads you were supposed to tell me what i should do

3 but follow the Mississippi as the border

>4
Transrubicon

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_adoptional_jurisprudence

Literally disable Jacobins lad. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing with the stupidity of bushwacking Jacobins every couple of years.

>mfw you are a raging faggot who play GS games to feel somewhat in control of something in your life when your emotions and sense of self has gone out the window.

Is that suede?

prove you dont have a cock
or prove that i could never tell you have a cock

yea right, as if Italy could ever beat the USA, even in thirteen colony form

sorry but your campiagn is now in the bullshit zone. Italians have been utter shite at combat since before 1444 rolled around

>implying I have enough cash for that
It's suedette

>plays as frank
>doesn't have frankfurt

I never understood why Italy gets such good NIs in eu4, they were an utter joke in that time period

I guess paradox has a hardon for them like they do the ottos

Maybe in a month or two
When the hormones kick in

Medicia along the Missouri River. Possible further expansion into Mexico
New Italy restricted to yellow
Cabotia to then expand to meet the other two

>this is all i can take
FUCKING BULLSHIT EU4 YOU BULLSHIT GAME

>neat, they're worth about double what the ottomans are worth
In terms of gov, national ideas and assumed religion(and assuming 100 piety) yeah.

If they both have offensive ideas and no other ideas the russians would be worth 30% more.

What ideas do the ottomans have?

Russia had Quant+Off+Def right?

full gommunism achieved

>start as the papal states
>secure alliance with france, castille and austria

kingdom of god here I come

Bien joué camarade!
Sus aux impérialistes!

rather than forming kingdom of god, you should try to become the only catholic nation so you get control of the curia.

vomiting

>colonies
not REAL gommunism

If you form the kingdom of god you get automatically and permanently all the bonus of the curia controller

should i grab cuba too or just stay in central america?

THEY WILL BE REFORMED INTO STATES SOON ENOUGH
except egypt I guess because I don't see how I'll get enough french bureaucrat pops, maybe I'll just release it. But it's the same problem I have with vietnam right now, if I release it, it will be unciv, which is stupid considering I released ivory coast, senegal, and madagascar as civs with all my techs

>26
>120

W E W

r8 my ck2+ norse kingdom immediately after my prepared invasion of fatimads. started as the count of aland

i could've gone deeper into the fatimids but i stopped after getting africa+sicily+all their algier territory

i'm pondering what religion to convert to: catholicism for snorefest, muzzies for OP jizya, or try to get a rare paulician woman to satisfy my need for OP religion (paulician in ck2+ can raid/crusade/holy war ANYONE, can raise zealots with piety like tribals use prestige, etc)

unfortunately the only paulician county is in the middle of anatolia, so yeah that'll be interesting to try to pull off

Take Cuba and eventually Jamaica plus the Caymans for AESTHETIC maritime borders

>W E W
i got real lucky with wars till the last one as for the economy all my capitalists want to build are liquor factories

Half of the PCF did support French Algeria you know

No you don't.