Best manual turbo 4 seaters that can be found with under 100k miles for $5k

What are the best budget turbo cars with "low" miles. I want that turbo feel on a college student budget. So far I have considered new beetle 1.8t and 2003+ saab 9-3s. What else is good at this price?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ipZzJT9oeus
youtube.com/watch?v=6piu78Ptn-s
forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2391932
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

just save more money and buy a decent car

Fuck off man. I need a car for transportation this spring, so I figure I might as well get something that tickles my jibblies as i drive.

Passat 1.8t isn't half bad other than its a VAG but I had one and it never gave me any problems and you can usually find them super cheap, hell even a GTI is good and cheap

youtube.com/watch?v=ipZzJT9oeus
or
youtube.com/watch?v=6piu78Ptn-s

Best bet is to avoid old turbocharged engines unless you know you can work on one yourself. Seeing as they're usually beat the hell up and extremely costly to repair.

Driving a turbo hard for that "turbo feel" on a college budget is usually a bad idea.

volvo s40/60 , some old audis/vw(don't buy these), 3000gt
just about every used turbo car from 90-00 has already been riced to shit and listed 20,000 on craigslist

Assuming OP is in the states, forester STI isn't an option

nah your a retard OP knows what he wants and thats to waste money on costly repairs on a tarbo vehicle

waste money on premium gas

waste money on higher insurance

just drop out of school
you clearly arent gonna make it

yea but we have the Forester XT which is a close second, although they have a lot of rice tax and subaru tax so it's not really cheap.

They're hard to come by, especially in manual, because normies don't know 'bout the Forester STI.

2005+ Saab 9-5 2.3T make sure is has the b235R.

One could argue that buying any car other than a base hyundai accent is a waste of money because of the extra money spent. I understand the costs that correspond with these types of cars and will be able to make shit work. Also subarus and evos get way too much rice tax, im looking for more shit like that adults probably owned before.

yea one could argue some dumb shit
doesnt make it a good arguement

dont buy a turbo vehicle if you cant afford one

Saab 9-3 is probably more in OPs price range, and it shared a platform with GM and Opel so parts would be slightly cheaper.

A good turbo car under $5k is a tall order OP.

Did the 235R have sludge problems like the others?

Stop caring about mileage faggot. How it was maintained is more important just get a civic for 3k

How reliable is a Impreza WRX Turbo Wagon or an older Impreza 2.5RS Coupe ?

Really depends on the owner. A stock EJ engine has a relatively long lifespan. Avoid heavily modified WRXs like the plague, especially if they haven't been tuned by a professional.

If they haven't been modified is there a good chance its will be decent enough to be a daily driver for me?

Yeah, they're pretty nice. Just do a thorough check beforehand and always use high octane.

Cars you want gonna be problem, shot and expensive to fix.

2015 and up 1.8 turbo golf is cheaper but nice.

Get Yoda, honda, Ford Chevy 4 cylinder n save

Srt 4

Just get a fucking civic. Subarus are shitty unreliable meme-mobiles. They have no redeeming features.

Great, but have hidden strut tower rust

forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2391932

>buy Civic for 3k
>spend 2k on turbo kit
>profit

Stop telling him good shit to ruin

Yes but it was corrected by 2005. Sludge isn't an issue if synthetic was used and changed every 3k to 6k miles. The advantage of the b235R is a better turbo and intercooler.

Audi Urs4/6. Prob wont have under 100k miles as they are quite old now but they are probably one of the most reliable Audi's you can get.

Dodge Neon SRT4

You can find most of them with 100k+ on them for $5000 or less. They're pretty fun to drive, have a large aftermarket scene, and pretty much not a regular Neon.

This man is correct

srt4

t.Honda fag that's still waiting for his precious v-Tec to kick in.

>not suggesting a 9000 Aero with the B234r
I mean yeah it's a little less common but I literally bought one for $2000 with 175k miles on it, abused the fuck out of it generally, and put over 30k miles on it without anything other than replacing the worn brake pads, and changing the oil twice over the course of those 30k miles. It's been fucking awesome and definitely has that "turbo feel". I hit 140mph in Montana driving to WA, and since that was a route I regularly took, I regularly cruised at 100+ mph in awesome comfort. Best car I've ever bought used. I still have it but it's sitting unused because I need to replace a heater core hose.

any turbo Volvo with a manual

OG93
G

The saab b engines are actually decently reliable, although the b205r can get issues with sludge if oil is neglected.

DELET NOW

I'm not a honda fag but they're better than subaru. Hell, an evo is better if you want the awd turbo bullshit.

STOP RECOMMENDING SRT-4s

>turbo feel
You mean lag while you wait for adequate power?
Just get maxima or a tl

That's exactly what I want, the spooling up sensation

Skoda Octavia 1.8T
150 hp, 231 km/h, 8 L/100km

The RS version is even faster

Hellz yeah.

I own a volvo 850 turbo. You can find t5rs for your price range and sometimes cheaper. It's one of the most reliable cars and easily one of the safest. Mines turned up to 15 psi and it's a hell of a lot of fun. It has 180k miles on it and has only ever had maintenance done to it.

Also everybody on Veeky Forums is fucking car illiterate and doesn't know a damn thing on what makes a car reliable or unreliable I don't know why you would come here for advice. Anything you find today that's turbo or non turbo that still runs will run as long as you want it to as long as you do normal maintenance and keep up with it. The only thing Veeky Forums cares about is the mr2 ae86 and miata. Anything different is "stupid" and "unreliable".

Add the S2 to that list, too.

D-d-do people think that looks good or are they trying to be ironic?

Maybe if you want something that can be tuned easily for ridiculous horsepower. However, user is looking for something cheap to maintain as a daily, so WRXs would be the better choice due to comfort and less shit to go wrong. The AWD system alone in the Evo, as awesome as it is, can be a massive headache. Changing AYC fluids is something OP likely cannot do alone and if he lives in a cold environment with snow (which is why I'm assuming he wants an AWD turbo), the AYC pump is going to get fucked up eventually from the snow, ice and salt.
I've owned a JDM Evo VII before and it's not really something you want to daily unless you have the money to do a lot of preventative maintenance.

It's got a certain charm to it, especially with a ipd prancing moose decal

I like the car, but what did it you do to those headlights? It looks way too ricey to be put on such a beautiful swede machine.

>all these salty poorfags and their $3k Civics

The Saab 9-3 is your only option for one that isn't a total shitheap at that price and with reasonably priced replacement parts.

Fucked to shit because it'll have been owned and thrashed by a speedboi.

Saab