/palg/ - Paladins General

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB42)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?26760

>Datamine (OB42)
smitedatamining.com/paladins-ob-42-datamining-maeve-new-champion-cards/

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=qvmzT6CSvg8&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=xnOK-TNKNmw&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>/palg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380

>Account statistics
masterpaladins.com
paladins.guru

Previous thread:

Lol then wtf speaks more about how good you're doing on a FPS and how good you actually are at it.

If you're playing a flank/damage class you're supposed to have a lot of eliminations and damage, only Fernando and Torvald can ignore those 2 things.

Less than a week since we got a new champion, but I want another patch already or at least the PTS for season 1

The hell is up with you ADHD fags, reminds me of the people who instead of playing tf2 for the game it was they were always asking for another update, another weapon another something, just play the damn game.

Nah it's boring and season 1 doesn't sound boring.

>left the lobby as soon as the scores showed up and didn't stay to shit talk
How do you know when someone leaves?

pve is dumb

either its hell because you have master 0 skyes and viktors who dont know how to buy items
or its too fucking easy because everyone buys the shit they needed to buy and the game is over in 5 minutes

Not for sure but he was actively shit talking all game long and didn't say a word when the scores showed he was the worst player.

Do we have an eta for season 1?

Is this good for Ying? People say focus illusion instead of shatter and I'd agree.
I almost have always just been getting the cooldown reduction and damage reduction items in the match too.

well it's just a puzzle that needs team work to be solved

exactly
once you know how to solve it, it's mot intersting anymore because its the exact same puzzle over and over

No, get the card that makes it so when you spawn on a dead illusion it creates another one with X% hp
And get used to shatter-dimensional link back to the start to create more

That's the point of puzzles, its not like it took a huge amount of resources to be made, its just a nice bonus.

PVE is basically
"This is the enemy team meta, figure out how to break it."

Don't think they've said anything about its release yet, but they've talked about a lot of testing for it on the PTS so they should bring that up way before its ready to go for the main server.

"Oh, and the Bariks have infinite turrets and the Grover's healing is buffed to hell."

She will have a really fat neck and a double chin in a few years time

CC champs, focus fire caut that applies constant debuff to grover, additional champion or two to inflict enough DPS to kill it while a BK or Drogoz cleans up the turrets by burst damage

Don't forget the Bariks both max out resilience. So stuns/slows/etc. don't effect them as long or as well as usual. So timing and teamwork is key.

>And get used to shatter-dimensional link back to the start to create more
What?

Say you create 2 illusions, you shatter them, you dimensional link 3 times to re create those 2 illusions and go back to your original position, and either shatter again or keep them for heals

Holy shit. I never knew you could do this. This is amazing. Thanks a lot.

Just be sure you have the Rewind card in your deck.

wtf i love ying now

How am I supposed to use Skye's Smoke Bomb exactly? I don't understand

Smoke Bomb makes it so if you're outside, enemies that are inside can't see you. Likewise, if enemies are outside, they can't see you in it (unless you're shooting them).
There's 3 ways of using it:
1 - Throw it at your target before engaging so they can't see you when you start shooting them.
2 - Card it to give you extra speed while passing through to act like a secondary stealth and pseudo-escape.
3 - Throw it every once in a while at the objective to obscure enemy vision on/from it.

Use it as an extra escape and also use it to shut down Torvald's primary attack because he can't hit anything if he can't see it to lock on.

You throw it at ulting Ruckus to show how much you disrespect him.

>he can't hit anything if he can't see it to lock on.
holy shit

Too bad she will never get older probably, being an immortal ice witch and stuff.

There is a fourth, very situation use though.
When your enemies are respawning and coming out, you can toss it into a very visible place where you very much are not near their spawn, to distract them. Against some players, this will cause them to dehorse to try and hunt you down (while you're actually safe somewhere else nearby), giving your teammates on the point some extra time to cap.

Thank you a lot.

Topkek

This is so fucking infuriating.

tfw you get matched against bird

tfw you get bird on your team

who

D

The burrito bird, obviously.

What's up with Viktor's Soldier+ skin?
In Viktor's tab it says you unlock it by "linking your account" but it doesn't what you link.

Playstation +

the game was fine as is champion-wise. no need for more.

13 or 14 new characters to go my man, get ready

Then what do you think the dev team should focus most of their manpower on then if not new champs?

I want more champions just not fucking 15 in a year, they are bound to be uninteresting and maybe unbalanced.

maps.

DEATH

AWAITS YOU ALL

>SURGING WI-
>dead
when will Grohk get an actually good ult

when it makes him invulnerable

Same time they give Tyra a mobility skill.

The ult lasts like 4 seconds, ghost walking for those four would be 'decent', it doesn't do much damage anyhow, so...

It does heal like 500 health per 1/2 second for up to two teammates nearby, but it doesn't heal himself so he just dies
it's something like 200 or 400 damage per second to nearby enemies so I mean that's just worthless
it also slows nearby enemies but because you just die immediately if near someone that's not useful
the speed buff on nearby teammates works swell until they leave the radius and lose that buff, which is easy considering you get slowed while using it so you can't keep pace with them

The thing is you're supposed to drop your totem, but that tethers you so you don't really get very far if the enemy team still has their mobility skills up.

So the only way to get a ps4 key is to sign up and wait?

maybe it should just drop a big totem on your spot when you cast the ult and have you move around slowing enemies down with lightning or something
as of now it's easily the worst ult in the game for almost every situation

So it would just be Grovers ult, but immobile and with some crowd control?

Well Grover's ult heals for like 2000 a second or something, much higher
I mean his ult is still an aoe heal as is so they're pretty similar, but he's a much more offensive support than grohk so it might be fitting

*than grover

What if it instead, he summoned a different type of totem that dropped lighting bolts and slowed all enemies in the area, the damage shouldn't be too high, just enough to soften them up.

People would probably use him if that were the case.
Isn't that how Evie's ult works, though?

The idea is nice, but that's basically Evie's ult.
How about he channels Vex, massively juicing up his lightning staff, and giving shields and increased speed to his teammates?

I don't think anyone else gives team shields as an ult, so that might be an interesting buff to it. But they may be saving those effects for future characters.

Grover and Grohk are pretty oddly fitting because they both sorta do the same thing
>Grover puts out constant small doses of healing along with a large dose every now and then, both in a small aoe, so should focus heal the tanks
>Grohk can put out massive healing in a small AoE, so should focus heal the tanks and set the totem during teamfights
When every other healer has their own defined role
>Pip is secondary support, can heal if the primary is dead or on CD, does damage otherwise
>Mal'Damba can put out constant healing with good aim
>Ying can put out good healing if the enemy lets her set her clones up, and does good damage to boot

How do you play against Torvald as a tank?

I lost 3 times in a row.
I fucking hate this game.

you should hate your team mates or your skills

I hate those two as well.

I think their real difference is just range
both of them can put out pretty impressive amounts of damage but grohk does it up close and grover does it from across the map
also their getaway skills are very different, grohk's is just downright invincibility but grover's can serve more frequently as a tool for mobility especially vertical

What are the best card setups for Shen Long?

Why does it take so long to find a comp match

>Kinessa and Sha Lin don't build wrecker against Barik and Torvald

I wonder what my DPS players could have meant by this

How many chests does it take to get Plushy turtle?

If you're lucky, one for each piece.
If you're less lucky it could take over 100.
I got a cuddly body in about 5.

Just another day in the realm.

Probably more than before, but thanks to the generosity of our benefactors, you can now enjoy the possibility of sprays, emotes, and poses while rolling for exclusive skins!

Wrecker.

Also he doesn't stand against constant pressure.

yeah this is what I'm afraid of

Probably not going to get any unless they go back to 50 crystals

Don't put up your shield till his recharge is down, or you'll feed him. Kill his teammates first, just like with Ruckus.

For loadout probably run like a wind and grounded (massive self-sustain while using his q if you also have life rip), cooldown on q if you have a lot of tanks to kill, skewer is a good one point card if you have to outsnipe somebody, the rest depends on your playstyle. For the burn cards, wrecker is good and life rip is neat.

FORCED FIFTYYYYYY

>ignoring ruckus

What do those grey portrait borders with the locks on them mean?

Grandmaster rank border. but they're bugged right now so you can get them easily.

Can someone explain to me why anyone would play Paladins instead of Overwatch? Can't think of a reason except these two

>too poor
>kid and too poor

Female frontliner who is a girl riding a small tank when? And she better have tons of Girls und Panzer references too.

I know people from HiRez sometimes go into this shithole. You better make this happen HiRez!

it's a better game imo.

>Asking and answering your own question.

You can do better next time m8. Here's a gold star for trying.

Pfft it's derivative as fuck and fails to take hints from other hero tps/fps asides from overwatch.

Because the high ttk is refreshing compared to Overwatch's low ttk, the matches are shorter, there's no chance of ties, and most importantly, there's actual fights and not just "both teams wait at choke behind Rein shield until they have ult. whichever team gets ults first wins"

I really hope they release the next champs in an order such as this:
>Flank
>Front Line
>Healer
>Flank
>Damage

the balance is much better, I really dislike how the current meta of Overwatch is more or less the same 4-5 heroes in every game

Next would be Flank(Maeve) and Frontline(the barrier character)

We don't know about the rest. Hopefully we get more Frontline, Support and Flanks before more Damage champs.

Because ultimates aren't stupid broken and there are fewer instant deaths. It's just generally less frustrating to play

clearly it takes hint other than OW or else it'll just be "press Ult to win".

>TF2
>Global Agenda
>various MOBAs
>Unreal Tournament
>the list fucking goes on
If you actual think OW is the bastion of originality Blizzard tells you it is you honestly might be brain damaged

Listen to on Grounded for sure because "Ready...G-*dead*" is what you're gonna hear against competent Damage/Flanks otherwise

But when overwatch rips off Evie's iceblock and design, Ruckus design and even skye's design, apparantly Paladins STILL is the copy, am i right?? Oh wait I'm sorry when a hero in overwatch comes out AFTER a hero in paladins then it's just coincidence, but when a similar champion comes out in paladins after overwatch, THEN it's ripping off.

Besides. Overwatch is TF2 with two abilities (many of which are already available to TF2 characters in one way or another). Overwatch is as much of a ripoff of TF2 as Paladins is a ripoff of Overwatch. So what's it gonna be? Are they both carbon copies, or are they both unique?

Another thing I hate with people who don't play the game, watch two biased videos cherrypicking champions and abilities to make it look like a copy, is that they fail to mention or even KNOW about the card system, item system, almost half the god damn champion pool that DON'T share similarities with overwatch but hey, let's just ignore those champions right?

Installed this yesterday.

Pretty fun so far.

Gripes;
No one plays the objective what so ever.
Hero pool is dog shit.
A lot of ults feel a bit samey to some other heroes in Paladins or lackluster.

I have 5k coins and I don't feel like unlocking anyone because Sniper and Purple wrist bow are great.

>No one plays the objective what so ever.
Because when you first start playing you're matched with literal retards and kids, as you level up this becomes less of a problem.

Ults aren't meant to be gigantic massive gamewinning gamechangers. They're an extra strong ability. Used wrong they're pretty weak, used correctly they're pretty great.

The champion pool is pretty small, but since I started playing like 4 months ago they've added Tyra, Sha Lin, Torvald and Mal'Damba, so they're steadily increasing the champion pool. And these champs also feels pretty fleshed out, Torvald and Maldamba mostly, but Tyra and Sha Lin are also fairly unique compared to Viktor and Cassie.