Are brand new British cars unreliable or is that just a holdover from the leyland days

Are brand new British cars unreliable or is that just a holdover from the leyland days

They are very reliable nowadays.

ford fixed the brittish reliablity issues. ford took over in about 2000 so get one built after that

Jaguars are top tier, but beware the comparably fast depreciation

Oh and don't get an MG, those are chinese garbage nowadays. Not that you'd be in that market anyway.

You'd be surprised. The spells under foreign ownership have done wonders for them. My boss has an Jag S-Type. Admittedly it did refuse to start at leaving time but that was a flat battery. His boss has a company XE and he loves it.

And you'd be surprised by how many Japanese cars are made in Britain. 1.6 million I think it was. Even Jacques Calvet, one of the heads of PSA-Peugeot-Citroen once said Britain is a Japanese aircraft carrier off the coast of Europe.

No comment on Vauxhall and MG because they ain't British. Vauxhall are re-badged Opels and MGs are Chinese shitboxes.

Is Vauxhall reliable or not?

The major problem with British Leyland was that they left the cars to rot while whey went on strike.
Which they did regularly.
The british car industry has gotten over that, and has some proper build quality in it. Don't buy anything associated with Rover, though, because that's where everyone involved with that ended up. That includes the MG range.

>MG, those are chinese garbage nowadays
Still more reliable than they used to be.

Yes. Ford more so, though.

Cheaper to build in britain than to ship cars from japan.

why did this make me laugh

>ford
>fixing a company
>reliable
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
No

This
Cars made in britiain are pretty much all foreign brands

Jaguar yes, Land Rover no. Which is odd considering they share so many parts

Their is no British car industry, it's kill
>Mg
>Mini
>Triumph
>Jaguar
>Range Rover

Jaguar is decent but it's curry shit now
They're all shit anyways, not missing a thing

You accidentally got that backwards. Land Rover is always at the bottom of the reliability list and Jaguar hovers from the middle and sometimes is in the top 5 depending on the model year.

1993 Ford took over. If you want a reliable Jag, make it an X300-the XJ6 series from 1995 to 1997. Literally bulletproof. Denso engine management and climate control, ZF gearbox and steering, Lucas branded-but made in Japan with gold plating-electronics.

>Jaguar
>curry shit
u wot m8? Literally 0% of Jaguars are built in India.

OP, Jag are fine these days, any 09+ year. Land Rover/Range Rover are iffy, weirdly.

>forgetting about McLaren and Aston Martin

>Jag are fine these days
The brand new XE went to limp mode on half way from north of Spain to London when English magazine tested it against BMW and Mercedes. Pathetic.

>Jag are fine these days

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>Jag are fine these days
kek

this, xe is sexy tho

My family has had Range Rovers for years, and the last 7-8 years they have been very reliable. Before that they had electronic and alarm issues.