Are base model Fusions reliable? I was thinking of buying a Camry but I like the Fusion's design

Are base model Fusions reliable? I was thinking of buying a Camry but I like the Fusion's design.

go with the camry, probably more reliable and higher resale than the fusion

>Ford
>Reliable

> Base model
> Ever
It's like you don't even like cars.

get the ecoboost

>base model
>ugly aston ripoff design
>shitty infotainment
>shitty driver aids
>shitty build quality

gee, I sure do wonder

I've got a base 2007 Fusion. It's okay. Not the most exciting car around, but I haven't had any major issues with it, just hit 140k miles

I own a 2014 fusion 1.6 Ecoboost (well it's not mine but my brother is deployed ATM so I use it/watch it for him)
They're alright cars, pretty good midrange power but not a lot low or high end.
Average 20-30 MPG.
Overall I have no complaints but nothing really great to say about it either. It's definitely more of a DD tho if you be me and pump the boost up by 4 PSi you'll have a fun lil sleeper

The only Ford shitbox that are worth getting are those with the bulletproof mazda engine

You have the right idea with the camry OP. Plus now Toyota puts out a v6 camry with 270hp. Just get that, you'll have Toyota reliability and probably be faster than any other low end shit box.

You know Ford is Italian for "fix it again tony" right?

That's FIAT, Dale...

>liking modern car design
kill yourself. they all look identical if you covered up the front and rear fascias.

Fix Ot Rgain Dony

My wife drives an SE, same drivetrain and engine as the base model.

So far, only the AC went weak on the driver side, but even though she got it used at 40k miles, it is now 55k with just tire change and the works (great because cheap synthetic oil change + tire rotation works wonders)

To be fair, I am huge, (6'2 fatass) and my wife is the same way (5'5 biggy) but it seats 4-5 people comfortably. Even with me at the back seats.

It is great man. Get a good color though, silver and dark grey looks great like Aston Martins.

Also, to add on my post 2.5 I4 engine is what it uses. Too bad that it is automatic because I would have preferred standard.

Which years?

My 2008 has the supposedly good Mazda transmission.

2010-2012
t. '10 Fusion Sport owner
p.s. your trans isn't as good as mine

gtfo normies
REEEEEEEEEE

>normie

One of the cars my employer has is a 2012 fusion and I'm not even joking when I say that it has had to go in for service 3 times since the start of the year. It's pretty hard for me to comprehend because I drive a 20 year old shit box and have to do maintenance (other then the regular fluid changes and what not) on it like once a year.

This is just anecdotal though so take it with a grain of salt.

also the build quality inside is shit. The car has

My girlfriend has a 2010 hybrid and it's a piece of shit. Even fully optioned out the interior is shitty, plastic bits just break for no damn reason and the leather is cheap. The infotainment is spectacularly awful. It's absolutely numb and awful to drive, feels like a fucking barge, visibility is kind of shit. The hybrid drivetrain has had all kinds of goddamn issues, I think the 2010 was the first year they offered the hybrid. And it doesn't even get better gas mileage than my non-hybrid shitbox.

literally cannot reverse the car without the backup assist thing that beeps

Yeah, the backup assist beeps furiously pretty much all the time except when there's actually something behind you.

Honda Accord Sport 6spd M/T

You can't drive for shit then
This is completely false

look dude, the c pillars are so fucking massive and the trunk is so high it's hard to see out the back even when cocking my head

I have two obstructions on my back deck and tinted windows and I can reverse with no sweat, use everything other than the radar to help you
Shit, my Sport doesn't even have that

Both are shit. Get a mazda6 or an accord

look, I don't really care that you can reverse in your shitty car

I drive the same shitty car you do

no you don't. I drive a ford fusion once or twice a week for work.

My daily is a 10 year old beater with tiny ass c pillars that allow me to see everything.

And my back up is a 99 XJ that's like driving a fucking greenhouse, I still prefer my Fusion

Which XJ? Jag or Jeep?

Jeep, not some unreliable piece of Pommy shit

>jeep
>not unreliable
Literally the worst brand ever, neck yourself my dude

Can you see why kids love the taste of cinnamon toast crunch?

there is a TSB for A/C smell or weak A/C if I remember, I think for 2013-2014 model years at a minimum, might still be covered by ford under an extension for that issue.

here
here you go senpai

kek