wubbems with sounds:
Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nkwJglcuxy0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nice link faggot

2st for OP is a retard.

Hnng that Monster 1200

Hello guys how loose is too lose on a chain? like i can hit the swingarm if i play with it but its not so loose that it comes off on its own. should i tighten it up a bit?

thanks,
gabor

There's usually a sticker in your chain cover that tells you how much slack it needs
Other refer to the manual

Just look up your bikes owners manual online and check the chain specs then tighten appropriately you fucking retard.

You seriously think of all the resources available to you asking random people on a Burmese jewel enthusiast forum about the chain tightness of a bike you didn't even specify is the best way to get the correct information?

Jesus Christ you're a fucking moron.

youtube.com/watch?v=nkwJglcuxy0
>Buying a suzuki
>Expecting it to work
top kekkerino

faggot.

reposting for new thread

thinking about getting a triumph street triple for my first bike and i was wondering how reliable these little british bikes are compared to their japanese counterparts

They're about in between ducati's and yamaha's.

Should have bought a WRR

>Little
>Same 675 as the Daytona
>A race bike

>obvious knocking noise
>motor dies and makes an awful sound of metal on metal clanking
>retard tries to crank it over again immediately without even looking down
DRZ owners

Just get a FZ09. Speed triple is shit with shit britbong reliability and engineering.

Also slower, sounds worse, and more expensive.

Also they're ugly as fuck

>FZ09
>not XSR900
DUN GOOFED

>Speed triple is shit with shit britbong reliability and engineering
t. never owned/seen/ridden one user
They're just as reliable as Jap bikes these days but parts are more expensive.

>ugly hipster shit

Nope.

>britbong shit
>any european shit
>ever as reliable as nippon

Get a load of this faggot

They're not too bad, but they're pretty expensive for what you get. I'd go for a jap sport naked or a tuono before getting a street triple

>literally just an FZ09 but with all of its crucial flaws fixed
>"wahhh it doesnt look like a transformer"
whatever u say m8

>crying about bong reliability
>while advocating for a bike recalled for exploding transmissions and oil pans that scrape and rip out your drain plug

>just as reliable

lel no. Go shill your bong bullshit elsewhere. Triumphs are shit and don't offer anything that you cant get from Nippon that is better.

i dont really like the styling of the fz09 but thats almost 1500 cheaper... ill look into it some more

XSR900
XSR900
XSR900

XSR900 is pretty much the same bike with different styling, and the FZ07 is p. sweet too.

Owner satisfaction would be better to go off of if you're looking to buy a bike

>all of its critical flaws fixed
>literally the same bike with altered frame and hipster appearance package

nah ur a fag.

XSR900 has better suspension, brakes, throttle response, and ergonomics than the FZ

plus it comes in BLACK N YELLOW BLACK N YELLOW BLACK N YELLOW

>going off data tainted by brand loyaly bullshit and people who would buy something again just because of the way it looks instead of hard reliability data.

topkek

>i have never rode either of them but here let me explain to you that it is shit because i don't like how it looks

Feel free to kill yourself at any time

to some people, how much they enjoy riding the bike matters more in their purchasing decisions than austistically poring over reliability data spreadsheets

That's probably the single worst metric you can buy a motorcycle based on. There are so many nonsense variable baked into that that it is meaningless.

this could be a possibility and I'll look cool with my skinny jeans on

>cruisers win
meaningless

Question about bmw reliable.

Is it with any model in particular? Asking because I'm looking into getting a gs1200 adventure.

A guy is asking about a good bike to start on. You're feeding him a bunch of brand loyalty bullshit instead of quantifiable data on the quality of a bike.

He would be just as happy riding a good bike as he would a bad unreliable bike britbong bike. And he's have a lot less headaches too.

When you own a bike and have no reference point you cant see the forrest for the trees. A new rider would easily think the amount of repairs and maintenance is normal for a less reliable bike. When he could have had a more reliable bike and enjoyed himself more of the time he owns it without having to worry about eurobong tier reliability.

Loving the round headlight.

>BMW

Not even once.

gsa1200 is the mall cruiser bro truck of offroad bikes
They are reliable
Get KTM's new 790 adventure instead.

Nothing wrong with people being happy with their purchase. Everyone I know with a victory loves the fuck out of them. Very reliable bikes

He is buying a brand new bike, it's not like shit is going to just start breaking on it.

Unless, of course, you buy a Yamaha and it has to get recalled again.

>talking about unreliability of eurobong bikes
>someone asks about BMW reliability
>KTMvarna shill instantly jumps in to shill even LESS reliable bikes.

fucking kek.

>He is buying a brand new bike, it's not like shit is going to just start breaking on it.
>britbong bike

Oh how wrong you are.

Not really any ktm places around me.

How's the stom 1k? I'd wanna use it for going up to the mountains and camping n such.

Anyone else still out there in New England? I went out when it was 20, quite refreshing except for the wind on my gloves.

Honda AFrica Twin nigga

The Triumph 675 is pretty reliable. I have a bored out version of it in my Tiger, lots of guys with 50k+ on theirs with minimal issue. Make sure if you buy new you follow the break in procedure.

This.

If you're going to buy a big pigfat pretend offroad bike. The Africa Twin is the best of this useless category.

it aint useless if it still goes places and its comfy, just overweight

>don't offer anything that you cant get from Nippon that is better.
Triple.

>best of this useless category
>doesn't even have cruise control
Wood never buy desu

>just overweight
Which instantly disqualifies it from any serious offroading.

FZ09/XSR900 is a triple, and its one of the best triples ever made

>cruise control

Buy a Harley then fag.

You people get salty about adv bikes. Why so?

>faux offroad bike
>crusie control

This is the kind of retarded market these bikes are marketed to.

ur not a serious offroader if you dont buy a trials bike, all other contenders are overwieght and cant tackle the same terrain as a trials bike.

;^)

along with every other adv bike. so its right in its class.
what do you even define serious offroading as?

most are too poor for one, the rest are just salty cunts about everything

My non harley bike has cruise control. I don't use it

They don't have the skills to ride them offroad so they get upset that people want to use them for that.

same reason people get salty about bro trucks
you're paying for more show than go

>/dbt/ goes to Albuquerque

Because they are useless. They're touring bikes with a lift kit and offroad appearance package so their riders can make believe they're going to ride it around the world.

When really, the guys that actually ride bikes around the world know better and buy much lighter bikes suited for the job.

Adventure bikes are quintessential poser bikes.

I'm saying the only reason I would buy one of those big adventure bikes is for a comfy highway cruiser. And how am I supposed to have a maximum comfy highway cruise without cruise control?

Yamaha bikes all look like fucking transformers. It's gay.

Trials bikes cant into highway.

A real adventure bikes is a highway speed capable bike that is light enough and has enough suspension to be taken offroad while carrying you and your stuff.

There are pretty much no good adventure bikes bigger than 650cc. And even then most 500-650cc adventure bikes are pigfat as fuck.

>bought a $17k glorified dirtbike
plenty of show and not a hell of a lot of go there too

>along with every other adv bike. so its right in its class.
Which is why I said the class is pretty much useless.

If your class of bike is supposedly meant for offroading but all of them are too big and heavy to actually offroad, it's a useless class.

yes extremely homosexual

also the only way a wr250 will go 100 mph is if you drop it from an airplane

>but all of them are too big and heavy to actually offroad
Manlet detected

>riding down a hill on a hardpack trail.
>HURR IT TAKES SKILL

fucking lol. I could literally do that on my sportbike.

You're a moron.

It's overrated.
I do plenty of road trips and never use it. I feel like it makes people complacent, but I also don't use it in my car either

Then buy an actual touring bike you fucking retard. Why do you want a touring bike with a retarded offroad appearance package?

I'm actually 6'2" and 225lbs. Try again little guy.

me again, r8 my autism

the image is sorted by horsepower, but it's a lot more fun on the sheet itself when you're able to filter things dynamically and find internal patterns

i haven't looked into triumphs at all yet, though quite a few people sing the praises of daytona 675 and street triples. My impression is that given their size and the fact that I'm in the US, they're out of my price range. (and also bigger than I want.) Are there any other commonish bikes with 3 cylinders?

also the more data i collect, the more the cbr500r seems like the perfect bike. the v-strom 650 is still cool though.

any mistakes? any research suggestions?

>I could literally do that on my sportbike.
Let's see it then

I'll put you up for the night and we can go for a ride. I live in southern New Mexico let me know when you're close and I'll send you my address

i dont know i seem to do alright on my pigfat adv bike
even does decent on round rock and sand

when's leg day?

its better for gas mileage and 99% of fucktards on the highway cant maintain a consistent speed which is why there is so much traffic congestion

>more webm of this fag riding aroundon ridrt roads
>literally could do the samee on a sport bike,

If you're riding on trails that wouldn't stop a sportbike. You're definitely not offroading.

gb2/fit fgt

no one cares how much you can bench queer

>Let's see it then
No, I'm not an idiot. I have a dual sport for that. I bought the right tool for the job.

>those tiny forearms
How's that bitch grip treating you young lady

every day is leg day.

tripfag tried to call me out on being a manlet, I'm just showing him how much of a little bitch he is.

The offer stands

whoa bro ur rly cool.

Ninja 500 has carbs for all years of production

>forearms

top kek.

>mfw user is properly Veeky Forums
brb going to the gym

I have one of those too.

>replying to tripfags

/fit pls go

>small arms
>weak hands
Bitch detected.

Forearms are very useful. I'm sorry you don't understand that

Adventure bikes are the SUVs of motorcycles

most are useless offroad and are only used to ride around town anyway

muscle=/= ability to do shit
my 5'6 scrawny cousin can whip anyones ass in a fight, and hes proven it many a time against guys like you.
dont count little shits out.

can i come too?

Swapped a ZX6R master cylinder onto my F4i. The stock master had an integrated reservoir so I had to make my own way to mount the plastic reservoir with this one. I couldn't get a super solid brake lever like the ZX had, but it seems better than the stock CBR one.

You think you're making a point, but your really not. The shit you post yourself riding on wouldn't stop a sportbike. This it is babby tier offroad, Thus all the "awesome offroad capabilities" your claiming your bike has are nonexistent.

You could literally do the same with a naken standard.

No I'm not going to bring my faired sportbike out offfroading, that's a waste of time. I'd just bring my DS.

>muscle=/= ability to do shit
>my 5'6 scrawny cousin can whip anyones ass in a fight, and hes proven it many a time against guys like you.
>dont count little shits out.

this fucking post lol

100% fedoralord confirmed, i bet if you met up to fight him, he would bring a sword

If I can strapless dead 5 plate for 3 I think I have plenty of forearm strength you dyl faggots.

I don't have babby wrists to make my forearms look big.

That's because you got an entirely different master cylinder, the ratio is probably now completely different and you will never be able to get a firm lever.

if your stock one wasn't firm, it probably needed to be bled or rebuilt. when you change a master cylinder, you have to size it appropriately for the caliper/s or else you will end up with a mushy or excessively hard lever