Is the CVT in the WRX really that bad ? I live in socal with an hour commute to and from work in stop and go traffic...

Is the CVT in the WRX really that bad ? I live in socal with an hour commute to and from work in stop and go traffic. At what point do I sacrifice being less of a man not getting the manual ?

>CVT
>in a car
>not really that bad

>commuting an hour in stop and go traffic
how about move the fuck out of commiefornia...

Good m8 test drove a WRX with CVT.

>Bought the manual immediately after

Think I might get it just to trigger the WRX community

nothing but illegals and dindu's I love it here

>Is the CVT in the WRX really that bad
You might as well get the fucking Legacy is you want an auto. But I get it. You want people to know you vape.

Not to mention front plates + smog tests + CA drivers

Which rust- free state is the best? Nevada Texas or Arizona? Can anyone here speak for this?

I want that fucking hood scoop and turbo

>Is the CVT in the WRX really that bad
Yes. Not only is it shit compared to the manual but it neuters performance and any potential for sick Vapemobile mawds too.

If you just want an A to B commuter but want people to think you own a WRX, just put the hood scoop on a regular Impreza.

Out of those probably texas

Unpopular opinion here but I also like the Eco-boost mustang. And is CVT and auto trans basically the same thing ?

CVT can't hold power. It'll break if you mod it.

When you know full well you're only driving it in stop and go traffic?

Yeah true but overtaking the slow people in that burst of acceleration sounds fun. I can't get that in my 99 corolla

The Mustang isn't a bad option. It's no V8 but at least it isn't the V6.

>is CVT and auto trans basically the same thing
Not necessarily so. All CVTs are automatic but not all automatics are CVTs. However, they are becoming increasingly common.

>WRX
>Manual

I don't know why you would kill the fun for yourself. Get something else if you want an auto.

Meant to say >not a manual

Well I guess the secrets out but I don't know how to drive a manual and the thought of it gives me aneixity.

Texan here. Two license plates required. Vehicle inspections go pretty smoothly, they seem to not worry about a lot of the faggot shit CA might worry about. Don't know what CA drivers are like, but TX drivers are a mixed bunch.

Many will pull over to the shoulder to get out of your way if you're going faster than them on a highway. Others are complete absolute retards. Also, a LOT of red light running and a bad mix of mega speeders and dangerously slow drivers in the same traffic situations. However, they are TONS better than Arkansas and Louisiana drivers.

So learn how to. Either have a friend teach you and pay him back with a carton or buy a cheap shitbox of Craigslist and practice on that first.

>And is CVT and auto trans basically the same thing ?
CVT is a different and slightly newer type of Automatic trans. It's only really used on compact cars and it gets better mpg but they aren't as reliable and they tend to feel like a rubber band is powering the car in driving.

Instead of gears, you have a smaller package of servos and pulleys

By admitting to want one, OP has essentially revealed to us that he enjoys watching African American "bulls" have intercourse with his girlfriend while he watches and masturbates in a corner.

Don't worry dude. I learned on a '98 STI which is probably even more finicky and I'm doing fine. Prepare to burn your clutch a few times, but you will get the hang of it.
You will never drive fun, affordable cars if you don't learn stick.

>implying manual funboxes aren't even more expensive than their automatic counterparts

Don't buy an auto wrx Go buy a eco box with an auto

> I can't get that in my 99 corolla
You could if it was a manual. You'd be able to go WOT and redline the ever living fuck out of it through each gear. I did that with my NA Mr2, and it only had like 10 more hp than your corolla.

Tfw legacy GT

>affordable
I am referring to used, older cars. I ain't rich nigga.

That's the point. Over here it costs much less for an automatic Skyline or an E36 than it will for a manual.

CVT doesnt work in general because no car manufacturer has successfully made a good one. honda was the first but just buy a normal auto not a CVT

So what is it. Clutch(full press ? Half press ?), change gear, gas ?

Clutch fully depressed, get to ~1500rpm, slowly release clutch until you feel it grab and the rpm drops, give it a little gas to get it going and let the clutch out. AWDs are a little tricky, so when you're starting it's better to over-rev a bit than not rev enough and stall.

>slowly release clutch
This is the Golden Rule

So what if you release it quick it will stutter or make that grinding noise ?

You will lurch forward and most likely stall. WRXs also have a relatively high bite point, so take it slow when you're learning.

What the fuck else are you doing while you are driving that you can't use the clutch / shift? Seriously are you so unfit that moving the shifter 1 inch and pushing the clutch 3 inches is to much to handle?

Well I'm usually eating, texting, playing clash royale (really hard to play while driving btw). Plus I've never learned

Why a WRX m8? I have to ask

Always wanted one looking to get into a new car that's in the $30,000 range

i have a 2017 wrx cvt and love it, bought it specifically for a dd after test driving the stick - shifts are too long and didn't like the clutch feel. i've read the 18s are getting a different shifter with shorter throws, at least on the sti.

subaru wrx cvt is a great dd if you want something fun and fast, don't let all these memeual dicklets shame you. don't buy it if you want something quiet and a comfy ride though

Just get a fucking Camry and save up for an older WRX as a weekend/ski trip car

>t. Live in Arizona
>they literally mail you ONE plate unless you get a custom one.
>any "emissions" testing is literally an OBDII scan
>the only place where road salt is justified uses ash instead, so even Flagstaff cars have no rust
>dank ass canyon and dirt roads
>no permit for ccw or open carry, almost no restrictions on assault weapons
All the people saying Texas are retarded.

>manual transmission in SoCal traffic is a nightmare meme

I've lived in both San Francisco and LA. This has got to be the most tired excuse ever.

>chuck it in first or second
>give yourself enough space to cozily creep along traffic with very little to no throttle input
>look AHEAD of the car in front of you to determine whether or not you need to slow down

I never think, "Wow, manual sucks in traffic"
I just think, "Wow, traffic fucking sucks" regardless of automatic or manual

Just keep your distance and it'll become second nature. You'll forget you're driving a manual in time.

If people honk, ignore them. People here are retards who are always in a rush to race to the next red light or think they can beat traffic by weaving in and out.

>or just get a bike

Ever since cars got hydraulic clutches almost none of them have been unbearable. Learn to crawl at a constant rate and it won't be a bother, and even if you cant, again, it's hydraulic. It's easy. Cable or super-tight clutch is when things are a bitch.

Dude I taught my sister how to drive stick in an '05 WRX in a weekend. It will all be ok.

Are you saying the car is loud ?

I think he means road noise. I.E. wind noise and tire noise due to lack of insulation

Go fuck up insurance rates for another car, faggot. It's high enough as it is for a WRX.

Unless you like the soundtrack to your car to be

>NNRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Then stop being a faggot and get the manual.