/dag/+/bwg/ - Dragon Age & Bioware General #1026

You Useless Fucks Edition

Previous: Old News:
>the BSN now is gone forever (but there's a backup somewhere so it's not really gone)
>Divinity Original Sin 2 is in Early Access (IT WILL HAVE WAIFUS EVENTUALLY)
>Tyranny is out
>Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire announced (Crowdfunding ONLINE)

NOTE:
>We occasionally discuss other, smaller RPGs that don't have their own generals. This does not mean we are /wrpg/

Dragon Age Shit:
>Check THIS before asking questions:
pastebin.com/NtncZWPf
>DA:O Mods
pastebin.com/n4vGHHHd

>How do I import my save into DA:I?
>dragonagekeep.com
You can use this website to create your own DA World History by bringing over your choices from the previous games. You need an Origin account.

>Where is my Warden?
Buying Witcher and Mass Effect Funko Pops at GameStop

>/dag/ (incomplete) Art Archive
dagnaart.imgur.com

>/dag/ booru
dagna.booru.org/index.php

>Help me /dag/+/bwg/, I want to feel korean!
youtube.com/watch?v=NRlDo3JuzfI

Friendly reminder that you should preorder Mass Effect Andromeda!

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/davidgaider/status/825899556453879808
youtube.com/watch?v=DUpPYvELLB8&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/davidgaider/status/826130252422340608
fraghero.com/rumor-fallout-new-vegas-2-details-leaked-reveal-planned/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

*coughs*

Kalach-cha!

>Friendly reminder that you should preorder Mass Effect Andromeda!
I don't wanna!

twitter.com/davidgaider/status/825899556453879808

unsubtle drag

Pillars is on sale
pic related we ded now

What did you do to my last thread anons? I was absent for just 1 day.

SHAUN?!

Dead thread user.

Meredith did nothing wrong.

?

are we doing this again this year?

It was like four people last year, I'm afraid to think of current /dag/'s waifufag turnout.

I'll do it if a few other people do

we won't last til valentines....

RIP in piss.

Where does it say in the game that the Warden has returned?
I need this ;_;

Nowhere user. He is still cuddling with the Architect in the deepest reaches of Thedas.

lol

>he

Some of you fags were saying he did.
Some things can't be joked with hurts.
Why did I grow attached to her ;_; more than edgelord Hawke and faggot inquisitor

People like the warden the most because he/she is the easiest one to self-insert into.

You can always replay Origins user.

I am also planning to, once I get done with the Witcher 3.

I'm just now playing Inquisition. Do I go knight enchanter mage or reaver warrior?

KE

>even daddy realizes DA:I's world was shit
Why is Bioware so incompetent?

CDPR is just exceptionally good.

Ok, so I wasted my whole day downloading DA:I on my PS4 with all the addons and all the extra shit that came with the bundle I purchased last summer, and I'm finally ready to give it a try.

I bought the game at the same time I got Bloodborne and the Witcher 3, so I pretty much forgot about it existing right after getting it, and I'm here for advice. I know the game has some major flaws, which is to be expected from neo-Bioware, but I'm sure there are some cons in the game as well, so I'm willing to test it.

That said - what is the most fun/satisfying class to pick? Any general tips I should be absolutely aware of before playing the game? Are romance options the only difference between picking a male and a female character and how much does the race choice affect the gameplay and how much does it affect the story's progression in DA:I?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Bestsassin desu

Leliana mentions it in Trespasser when you romanced her in DA:O.

I'm literally retarded - I meant "pros" not "cons"

>what is the most fun/satisfying class to pick?
I liked archer rogue the best because there are several really OP builds for it, and the rogue companions are pretty lame anyway. Mages kind of lack impact because they're focused on crowd control this time, and warriors are just boring.
>Any general tips I should be absolutely aware of before playing the game?
Don't try to fully explore every area because there's absolutely nothing of note aside from some codex entries in most of the maps. Also, collecting the shards is pointless.
When you have enough influence to unlock perks, it's a good idea to pick the ones that unlock extra dialog choices first.
>Are romance options the only difference between picking a male and a female character
Yes.
>how much does the race choice affect the gameplay
Not at all, but the camera is a bit fucked up for the dwarves and the qunari.
>and how much does it affect the story's progression in DA:I?
Elves can understand some untranslated elvish lines in one scene, dwarves get some extra lines in one of the dlcs, and humans get unique responses a couple of times. It's very minor though.

who are the guys left of the accepting your death image

Just play a female elf Rift-Mage and romance Solas to experience everything.

I had fun playing a mage

Well it's something to cling to

>Self insert
Fuck that shit lel

I tried to go back but it's too boring.

I have to stop replaying games, the backlog keeps growing.

He is grudgingly accepting the Witcher supremacy.

He wanted gay Geralt though, good thing he'll never be in CDPR
He could write better quests too

Grabbing Cullen's coat and wiping the floor with it.

Not the mantle. It's real fur and it'll get dirty.

Cullen crying as he crawls on the floor trying to pick up the bits of fur that got torn off. Cullen forgetting to wash off the tears and snot that cover his face and showing up in the war room looking all gross.

let it end

Don't worry, it's because of the weekend.

Dragon Age Tactics is going to save us.

Do you actually like this creature?

Can someone explain that theory where Kieran or whomever would be able to stop bald cunt in the future

t. newfag

actual shepard angels?

Never heard of that theory, Kieran doesn't have any special powers left after DA:I. He may be able to become a mage/apostate but Morrigan is more likely to be involved in fucking up Solas somehow because she will inherit Mythal.
Or the whole Solas deal will be delayed until the last game and you can choose an ending like in ME3, let him win (Color:Green) or keep the world as it is (Color: Blue) or optionally destroy the world entirely (Color: Red)

Whatever happens, at least Andromeda won't have the worst writing, voice acting, and animations in a game this year

youtube.com/watch?v=DUpPYvELLB8&feature=youtu.be

Don't be so sure, what they have shown in the MEA trailer was, in their opinion, the scene that was supposed to represent how good the game looks.

I want to FUCK that Kieran.

The black guy looks better than Liam to be honest.

I wonder if Liam will also sound white

>Sleep and wake up
>/dag/ is still dead

user..

>thread is going to die with less than 100 posts in it
A fitting end for /dag/. See you in hell, losers.

Wait!

WHAT?

twitter.com/davidgaider/status/826130252422340608

daddy...

Only 16 anons since yesterday..

i don't think i've seen this general be THIS dead.

wow

4 of the IPs are mine

Four? Shitposting on the go?
To be fair, I don't think I've posted in this one yet.

I also have 2 unique IPs in this thread.

Even shitposting would be blessing at this point. Everyone has migrated to /meg/ user..

looks like this general will die again, better end with a picture of a cute girl

Cute!

They may have migrated there, but you can talk about all of one game series there, whereas here you can talk about several.
I was already there to see their lengthy conversation about asexuality/aromance, which I honest to christ never thought would happen there of all places.

I unironically thought I was asexual for most of my adolescence

It's not like it makes a difference right

So did I, but I also have abysmal testosterone levels.
Injections are packed in oil and hurt like a motherfucker, in case you're curious.

No, not really, but people are weird like that

Get out of page 10 user..

playan pillars, should I kill Nyfre ?

shes supposed to have killed babies and I'm supposed to be a good guy

I don't know what any of that means!

Destroy her, user.

Wakey wakey.

fraghero.com/rumor-fallout-new-vegas-2-details-leaked-reveal-planned/

Because of two reasons:
First, their fundamental approach to most systems is either lazy or incompetent.
Second, EA dictates largely how they want resources to be allocated so they told them to create Skyrim/Witcher3 open-world for competition and they did and everyone hated it.

At least DA2's areas didnt pretend to be larger than they needed to be. DAI's open world contributes nothing from a gameplay standpoint. There are no attacks or hidden resources or aspects enough to justify the sprawling size of the maps. The interesting bits could honestly just have been put much closer to each other or made use of the larger spaces more interestingly.

Like MGSV uses open world to give tactical options but sneaking up on enemies as anything that isnt a thief is near impossible and yields minimum aid. Enemies notice you even if you're coming up from a ridge that theyre not looking at.

All the additions and streamlining to DAI came at no tangible benefit so it was an overall downgrade in every way except in terms of map size and graphics.

Post smug faces if you want me make pessimistic predictions about Andromeda. Respond to this post with anything else if you want to see me rant about Tyranny and Dragon Commander. Post smug faces if you want me to

So I pressed my monitor screen hard and broke it. There are hundreds of rainbow lines and grey liquid all over the screen.

Which resolution should I upgrade to? My current broken monitor is 20 inch, 1600x900. My gpu is a 970.

You pressed it.. and broke it?
What compelled you to do such a thing?

There was one horizontal white line appearing on the bottom of my monitor's screen for months. Pressing on the screen sometimes made it flicker and disappear.

Today I pressed it too hard and now there are 100s of vertical-horizontal rainbow lines all over the screen. And some grey patches of dead pixels where I pressed the screen. I fucked up, it was just a thin white line before.

1920x1080
t. have a 970

Trying to touch waifu?

I googled and found out that 1920x1080 resolution is for 21.5 inch, 22 inch and 23 inch monitors. What is this sorcery?

I'm not an expert on monitors, but I'm guessing that the 23 inch will be less crisp than the 21.5 inch. Probably a small trade-off compared to the extra size

Can your AI controlled party members use all their abilities in Inquisition? Was wondering if they could take advantage of that even if the player controlled character only gets the 8.

They can only use the ones on the diamond interface.
So no, I'd say

Weird, could have sworn i've seen Varric using the traps i didnt map for him. Still that sucks if true, a mage could really take advantage of all the spells.

I believe it!

It's kind of weird how DAI obviously has bigger stakes in it and yet i feel like the celebration at the end of the game pales in comparison to the one Origins had. I think it's mainly in how many options you had in the dialogue with your companions.

DAI didn't really have very good build in my opinion. I wouldn't say the final battle was much more climactic than any of the other major set pieces like the attack on haven or the warden shit. Basically the game peaked at the end of haven and while it hit that level again once or twice, it never surpassed it. At least in my opinion.

Also I feel like the blight felt more threatening, and it really seems like it's a desperate fight at the end. Whereas at the end of DAI, it's Corypheus who's desperate, not you. You've destroyed most of his army, and stopped him from enacting all of his plans by the end of the game. It's his last desperate attempt to win.

Through out DAO it feels like the threat is just getting bigger and you're rushing against time. You're bringing together what little you can in an effort to not even really stop it but just to do something.

In DAI the threat gets smaller and smaller and by the end you're in the position of power, not Cory. He's got no army, his right hand man is dead, his demons are gone, his wardens are gone. All he's got is the little bit of Templars/Venatori that are still kicking about. Meanwhile by the end of the game you basically control Ferelden, and Orlais, and have most nations begging to suck your holy cock. You have near unlimited resources. The only thing that kinda puts the final battle in his favor is the arbitrary "Oh yeah you know that army you had? It's not here for some reason lol.". Which isn't a particularly interesting story point.