freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p0nNGr2_0VU
youtube.com/watch?v=3gJu5O-7sVo
i.gyazo.com/677b4845cbb393f85e228a1b9a108912.mp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for googum is more successful than you'll ever be

What's your comfgame status, AGDG?

Is it just me, or is 3ds Max from Autodesk shit?

I'm never gonna make it.

>flying disks from the incredibles

favorite animated movie, I'll go off of that inspiration

we all gotta start somewhere

Status: Have an idea, haven't started. I like to start once the jam officially starts.

Well, after the last demo day, I tried to buckle down and get the combat to feel good. In the end, there is a reason the only game featureing head jumping combat doesn't focus on combat. And, without that my game is just a much worse version of binding of isaac. Its back to the drawing board to make some major changes towards origonality.

Hey guys, just made some progress, first ever.
let me know which camera follow you guys prefer, instant or with movement.

Also, does anyone have any tips for procedurally generating 2d houses? I will certainly have to create my own algorithm but any pointer or suggestions??

Also, texture splat shader progress.

i am "building" the "engine" so when the jam starts i can work on actually doing the game

so far it's workable but i'm aiming for actually good

camera type really depends on what kind of game you're making.

as for procgen, you could start with the unity tutorials on that subject

Does anyone know how one would get a rippling flag animation into Unity without bones? I tried using bones to make the animation but it was a literal nightmare.

Vertex shader?

Going well. I'm making a semi-survival game but more focused on exploring.

How is posting your game in Steam Greenlight work if it has multiplayer? Will you need to integrate Steamworks API with this? Don't you need a Steam App ID for Steam to support muiltiplayer? I'm kinda at a loss.

I think I'm finally onto something!
Please ignore the boring colour-scheme

I like it user, the color scheme isn't that bad

quake/10

you don't need to use steamworks for a steam game

the only big thing that I recall is that DLC has to be on the steam store and not some third party store or inside the game

Reminds me of a UT99 gun, just the general shape. Looks good.

It is possible to have multiplayer while on Greenlight. How that process works exactly, I don't know. If you've got 3 months, you could ask Steam Support.

Thanks, man!

I think I (at least) should have some contrasting details in a different colour, though.

Thanks! My obvious main inspirations!

Your eyesight can be trained. While baseball certainly favours players with good eyesight, it doesn't mean you have to go in with 20/11 vision - your vision will improve as you go. Same way that your vision deteriorates if all you do is stare at a screen a few inches away, and how corrective lenses can actually make your vision worse as your eyes adapt to them.

Not to piss on your parade, but is this weapon intended for human use?

just use your own server for multiplayer, matchmaking, leaderboards etc
gives you way more control anyway

Can you fix the grip?

>Your eyesight can be trained.

Of course, why?

Here's how the characters look

How would you like it?

Thanks for the insightful answers, buddies.

It can, specifically the parts that happen in the brain (focusing, following, gauging distance, etc.).

In any case, making games is not an activity requiring a great degree of physicality like a sport.

my game is almost done now

>he's just shitting out great textures on assembly line

looks fun

Try imagining holding that gun in your hand. Do you think a forward angled grip would lend itself to accurate shooting? Could you hold this gun on eye-level and straight for a long period of time?

that's pretty quakey
also reminds me a bit of MOON
I'm excited to see your game user

but it requires talent, in art, in code, in sound design, in game design, level design etc.

the dropout rate for programming classes is something silly like 80%, a good chunk of the population simply cannot do it, or can only do it very poorly

> using this to say "practice is a myth"
you deserve exactly as much success as you're going to receive

>talent in code

what?

skill is a combination of talent and practice, if you don't have the talent, no amount of practice will help you, and even if you have some talent, practice that isn't targeted to your weaknesses will be ineffective

story on the left reads like it was pulled directly out of someones ass

that's the point

Because only the other 20% does any programming on their own before university. In other subjects people have plenty of opportunities to develop interest in a structured way before uni, programming, typically not so much.

If someone is better than you, they have been practising for longer and/or more efficiently than you. Nobody is born with some instinctual ability to do things. They may have been born or raised with an aptitude, but that simply means they find practising efficiently easier since they can focus more.

Alright, I want to start a little project but I got to know something first. How do I define a "path" where the player and other NPCs like monsters, can walk without crossing the borders of that path? Imagine pic related as two terrain meshes, one with a slope and the other is just plain. The green area is where the player can move freely and the red area is the no go zone, the player should not be able to walk there.

What's the best way to define said path? I was looking into navigation mesh but most articles just cover the AI pathfinder topic. Is navmesh the correct way to implement this feature or are there better alternatives?

Ha ha, thanks. Textures is the only thing I feel I can do reasonably well, at it can save some shitty modeling.
For low-res shit like this it doesn't have to make a lot of sense, though - So you can literally just make some interesting shapes and then stretch the UVs over them until it seems to fit (pic related).

Eh, it's not meant to be realistic, user.
The angle just makes the shape a bit more interesting.
Do you really think it's that's jarring?

Thanks! I have yet to try MOON, but I downloaded a ROM a few days ago!

what are you confused about?

>Do you really think it's that's jarring?
It will be noticable as soon as you put it in your human model's hand. If you don't clip the entire grip, that is.

>at it can

>it's that's jarring

Well, fuck me, time for sleep

>Do you really think it's that's jarring?
Yes. It flat out won't work if you plan on having a human hand hold it.

most games just do it with invisible walls

The hand grip won't be very articulated (the guys don't have fingers, for one thing), and the animations will probably be generic and similar for all guns.

Hm.

Well, I'll test it tomorrow, to see if it's as bad as you say.

Thanks for the feedback.

What if they turn their hands upside down to hold the gun and pull the trigger with their pinky?

Gave up before even starting because I decided I don't like the theme

Navmesh gives you 100% control over where mobs can go, but jumping may be a pain to implement.
Working with invisible walls always bears the risk of missing a spot. Players will find that spot.

>Players will find that spot.
but that's the best part

Calm down, Peralta.

>Nobody is born with some instinctual ability to do things.

you must be incredibly sheltered to actually believe this

>Nobody is born with some instinctual ability to do things.
Now that's just biologically wrong.

man, did you ever go to school?
>teacher introduces a new concept
>some people get it immediately, even before the teacher finishes the lecture
>other people still don't get it weeks later

That's why I mentioned aptitude. Different than an upper limit or whatever on your skill due to "talent".

You know what I mean. Game making related things.

>create new 2d project in unity
>base camera defined
>create UI canvas
>by default it goes competely fuckhuge, so I have to zoom in and out if I want to alter it or the scene assets

Is this Unity working as intended? What is the benefit?

VOLUME WARNING
youtube.com/watch?v=p0nNGr2_0VU
Been working on my laser beam a bit more, not sure where to go from here.

>aptitude
a rose by any other name

are you really this deluded?

Pic related

Why didn't he just dodge?
I would've just dodged.

>ultimate jenga
The hitbox / perspective is weird. The beam looks like it would hit below the penultimate pallet.

>sound so loud it glitches
That joke wears down quickly. John Cena and Sanic memes saw to it.

I believe think it's the size of the screen resolution in world units, that's why it's huge

Unity UI is the main fucking reason I'd rather use Unreal

That sounds like a kludge way to do it, to be honest

Guess I'll go with the navmesh implementation then. It is uncommon to do so or am I overthinking this (I mean the player moving within the navmesh)?

Oh I see now. I switched it from Overlay Space to Screen Space - Camera and now it lines up.

I'd rather use Godot but it wasn't my call

Give me a cute name for a girl.

the dumb way is always the right way

almost every game uses invisible walls

Stuck on basic movement. I have no idea how to clamp RotateAround movement.

Invisible walls. There's no fucking reason to use a navmesh.

Why is it kludge? It does exactly what you want without issues. I don't even know how you'd use a navmesh to accomplish keeping the player on the path.

clamp how?

Brianna

Holy shit

>I don't even know how you'd use a navmesh to accomplish keeping the player on the path.
Could work in a few types of games but generally speaking that guy is retarded.

Satania

When you use mathf clamp with just normal vector3 values on something that's rotating around an object, it starts doing really weird stuff with the objects rotation.

Who game is this?

miniprogress

China, man. Not even once.

>In the end, there is a reason the only game featureing head jumping combat doesn't focus on combat
youtube.com/watch?v=3gJu5O-7sVo

Alice
May
Alison
Kate

Complex foreign sounding names are shit. eg. Verrisandra, Liassandra, Vianca. Just use a fucking normal name.

what are you clamping, why are you clamping a vector when you're rotating?

To be fair, that kind of retardation can be found anywhere.

Sharoniqua
MoQueesha
Jane

Getting eaten alive by a shittily constructed escalator is one thing, but I'm thankful for elevator doors that are flimsy enough to let retards pitch themselves down elevator shafts.

Are you doing something like clamp(rotation_degrees, 0, 360)? I don't exactly get why you are clamping a value when rotating. Modulo sounds much more reasonable.

Andi
Kelly
Mira

Le-a the dash don't be silent, yo

First enemy animated and mostly programmed. It has a detection radius and will chase the player anywhere directly within said radius.

It's also got some neat animations, if I say so myself.

>gun unfolds to be a quake style nailgun
cool coooool
>player clings to the wall
>mfw

The laser was a little higher than usual because I was messing around with first person view
i.gyazo.com/677b4845cbb393f85e228a1b9a108912.mp4

peridot simulator?

There was an entire sourcemod arena shooter based around that mechanic, can't remember what it was called.

>enemy doesn't change rotation
Meh.