Can someone explain To me how these brake rotors I installed literally two months ago are already rusting?

Can someone explain To me how these brake rotors I installed literally two months ago are already rusting?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_oxide
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

All brake rotors rust. They come from the factory with oil on then to prevent rust. A few heat cycles and it is gone. Rust is normal.

Condensation johnny

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_oxide

They are bare metal, it's going to rust. New brake rotors rust faster because they haven't been bedded with pad material as much as used ones. Take a look at brand new cars on transporters, the rotors can look like they came out of the titanic if they sat out in the rain. Comes off in a few braking cycles.

>>Not Using Aluminum Rotors

>not painting your rotors

>what is heat cycling

>Not Using Aluminum Rotors
high quality bait you have there

It's raw cast iron, that's what it does. If it offends you, you can splurge for coated rotors, but a little surface rust isn't going to hurt anything.

>not having zinc coated rotorrs

oh, you

THIS

I do it every Sunday, shit looks so cash

Should I use primer?

its normal

just keep driving it, maybe chuck on some better brake pads if the rest of the rotor starts getting record grooves

You forgot to grease your rotors.

Use lithium grease.

Well you see, when an iron atom and an oxygen atom love each other very much...

underrated post

it rubs off of the braking surface but stays on everywhere else.. fucking rotor looks cash for a long time

>brake rotors I installed literally two months ago are already rusting
All parts of the rotor not in contact with the pads will show rust.

Thats normal. Sometimes even after washing a car, the rotors will start the rust.

Your brake pad doesn't touch that part of the rotor so it starts to rust like that.

>Not using graphite brake rotors, they'll never rust

OP, I mean why do you think the rotors came inside a plastic bag and soaked in oil?

are you not greasing the rotors like you should?

>bait

If you're this retarded then I question whether you should even be changing your own rotors

You forgot the water ya dingus

Water is the lube they use.