World of Warships Admiral /wowsg/

Hello darkness edition.

*****NEW TO THE GAME?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you research a T6 ship).

>Newb guide
pastebin.com/XGWdGjPc (embed)

>0.6.0.1 LIVE
worldofwarships.eu/en/news/updates/patch-notes-0601/

>0.6.1 PT (SOON™) + Ranked Soon, Tier 7 and Epicenter ONLY
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/pt061/

>Plans for 2017
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/whatsinthebox/

>USS Black(ed) stats
thedailybounce.net/2017/01/24/world-of-warships-black-666-tier-ix-american-destroyer-updated-stats/

>NA January Event Calendar + Ship Class specific boosts
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/failed-resolutions/

>Captain Skill caculator
shipcomrade.com/captcalc

>Leaked info from Russian Server
thedailybounce.net/2016/12/20/world-of-warships-some-information-from-russian-server-7/

>Statistic tracker
warships.today
wows-numbers.com/
wowstats.org/
maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/index.html

>In-game chat channel:
NA Channel: Search for 'Veeky Forums' channel by Antibully_ranger
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel"
SEA Channel: Veeky Forums

>Clans
[BOTES] on NA Contact Precisionista FULL
[BOTES] on SEA Contact Benlisquare
[HOTEL] on EU Contact Rex1121 FULL

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

thedailybounce.net/2017/01/29/world-of-warships-qa-27012017/
youtube.com/watch?v=yfXcz5gwesw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

BATTLESHIPS FEAR THE KUMA

First for "shoulda won the war :^)".

>using the plons primarily as a defense against CV strike packages instead of primarily as advance warning against incoming torps when your sonar is down
What did he mean by this?

"no"

>Bennington
more like BENTnington

TELL ME THE SECRET CHAIN CHOMP

PLEASE

pls no bully

I love you /wowsg/!
I hope you have a enjoyable week of botes coming up.

???????

pls do not harass the ducks

Whats a good skills build for Nagato for ranked?

>enemy CV is a Strike Sipan
>i'm in a atlanta
>he tries to torp me not once, not twice, but three times
>i delete his strike craft every time
>"ATLANTA OP GG"
What did he mean by this.

AA spec

Actually forget it, just bring Gneisenau

dat dispersion doe

>using the "yaaa gomen gomen" reaction pic incorrectly
reeeeeee

>bring Gneisenau
You could not have chosen a worse ship for ranked.

>muh armor
>wreck planes
>can spec Secondary too
>torps as well
??????????????????????????????

>using the "yaaa gomen gomen" reaction pic incorrectly

Scharnhornst/Gneisenau are the only BBs that aren't affected by IFHE

>Decide to support a couple cruisers
>Both are killed by torpedoes
Mistakes were made.

>6 guns
>implying there are CVs in ranked
>6 guns
>AA hull has meh secondaries
>s i x
>first hull with good secondaries has meh AA
>6
>implying you're gonna go knifefight those 5 DDs on the enemy team with your torps
>SIX GUNS

And Scharn would be a far, far better option for ranked.

>Saipan
>implying there are CVs in ranked
>?????????

>implying your AA is going to do jack shit to an 18pt Saipan captain who wants you dead
?????????????????

If there's a heavy CV meta Gneisenau would be better... But given the current conditions Scharn, if you have it, is a no brainer

>ask about Nagato, a non-prem T7 BB
>replies Gneisenau, a non-prem T7 BB
>respond with Scharn, a prem T7 BB
well played

>I-It's not going to do anything s-so why bother
kys

Cont.
Also IFHE on Gneisenau (using main battery HE and secs) would be a fun experiment

Actually, was my first post in the comment chain.

>using a ship whose advantages are negated by the inevitable meta of cancerous T9 strike packages
kys

Also, the last time we had T7 ranked, there were hardly any CVs in queue. It was just endless DD spam. Smoke as far as the eye could see.

>Implies there are no CV's in ranked
>Replies with Saipan
>ITS NOT GOING TO MATTER ANYWAY
Moving goalposts general.

If the last T7 ranked season is anything to go by, there are essentially no CVs in ranked, yes.

kys

Should have replied with that first shitter, now you're just a dirty goalpost mover.

(You)

>Fort
>tier ten match
>inna tier 8 BB
>enemy CV is a Taiho
>ours is a strike Essex
good game dess.

I want to strike sex Taiho.

Run your dick over a washboard. There, an accurate simulation.

Please stop putting images into my head, I already get a chub when I take out a cuttingboard.

Delet this

>Wallet warrior reddit shitter in an atagoy turns right in front of me to shit torpedoes at a nearly dead battleship
>I don't notice he's reddit at the time so I slow and turn to avoid him
>This allows the enemy carrier to get a strike on me
Jesus I'm fucking ramming this faggot next time. He literally caused my death.

>sailing with a group of me, another bismarck, Mogami and a Minotaur
>run into the enemy contesting the point consisting of a Benson, Kutuzov, Bismarck, North Carolina
>this should be ez
>our mogami and minotaur both turn around and sail the opposite way when we spotted the enemy's
Why. Why would you ever turn a winning situation into a losing one?

Can't let our paint get scratched :^)
Seriously though, it's bad habits picked up in low tier games carried over to high tier because they fail their way to the top.

>anime pic
>doesn't understand flanking
>most likely sperged at his teammates for not doing a lemming train into the cap being contested

Honestly I wouldn't blame the Minotaur, odds are 3/4ths of the ships you were facing would have focused him ASAP for citadels.

>charging into a cap contested by a DD, two ships with smoke, and the king of bow-on
>thinking this is a good idea
????????????????

>thedailybounce.net/2017/01/29/world-of-warships-qa-27012017/
>Q: Do developers realize that players do not like high tier battles? Maps too large, distances too large, planes too fast, guns too powerful, etc. Do you plan changes to high tier gameplay?
>A: The server statistics shows a steady increase in the number of high tier battles. Wether it is the long-awaited Yamato, or the tension of high tier matches, or the realization of a unique potential in each ship, we cannot say that high tiers are unpopular in general.

>We understand that the game meta changes as the player climbs the tiers, and we do not see anything wrong with some players enjoying tiers V-VII more than tiers VIII-X. It is a personal preference.

>Finally, the economy of high tiers is becoming more enjoyable not only due to changes in earnings and repair bills, but also due to containers and other sources of earnings that help adapting to high tiers by conferring various bonuses.

Yeah, but we ended up losing because they sailed around the whole side of the map, instead of just fighting it out there. I probably would've died either way, but we would've won that side singlehandedly, compared to me and the other bismarck

If 'flanking' on tears of the desert is going to A, turning around, and sailing to C is flanking. Colour me suprised.

The NC was and idiot, he was the first to be spotted, and the first to be deleted. He was more than happy to show his broadside to two BB's. And we would've won the side, and probably the match.

I don't have any problem's with cruisers turning off to flank when contact is made, I do have a problem with they turn and purely fuck off.

More incompetent than blizzard.
>Develop a game with a tier system
>Players naturally climb tiers over time
>Mistake natural progression with preference or enjoyability.

Waiting for all the Fletchers to run out of smoke, and BBs to stop bow-on reversing at 20km is EXTREMELY HIGH TENSION

will they stop in time for gameplay to occur before the timer ends?
will I ever spot an enemy ship?
Is it possible to stay awake for an entire match?

>Just want to lay citadels on ships
>Only thing anyone ever plays is German

youtube.com/watch?v=yfXcz5gwesw

I can understand the coordination and the "high-level gameplay" that goes into this game from both sides, and I guess that's interesting.

But hot damn is this boring to watch for someone who's not already super interested in the WoWS competitive scene.

I don't know I manage it, I citadel bismarck's in my bismarck during brawls.

just play missouri)))))

radar BB is 100% balanced i promise

When WG nerf the smoke to not let BBs camp on it that'll change.

You'd think that a naval game would be less campy than Malinovka, Prokhorovka, and old El Halluf, and yet here we are.

GOTTA, GO, FAST

>citpenned Tirpitz's with my Fuso
>citpenned Hippers with my Ducky
You just gotta have the magic touch.
And good RNG.

>More incompetent than blizzard.
And how many popular AAA titles have you published ?

>our players need to go fast and ships are too slow
>pre-order now to unlock our soviet river boat that could only reach 17 knots
What a shitshow.

The Alpha has been such a shit show. I really hope it gets better.

I'll admit, it's A LOT more fun than the tank battles, and fighting off dive/torpedo bombers with main guns is fun as fuck. Sinking a enemy ship by just shooting thousands of .50 caliber holes is 15/10

Hopefully the void overtakes them and a paid game gets made with the assets.

Just look how pretty this shit is.

USN Floaty™ shells are magical when plunging through the upper armor belt/deck and straight into the citadel. Even better because German BBs tend to show broadsides all the time thinking that they won't be punished for it.

Are those two T-34-85 turrets strapped onto a bote?

Yes.

Glory be to the Motherland's shipyards!

It doesn't look appealing at all.
The major draw to boats is playing historic boats you like. The audience that wants to drive an iowa or a yamato for example is much much larger than the handful of WW2 speedboat aficionados.

Warthunder really lost its way years ago.

I'll take the bait.

>WoW dying like never before
>Hurtstone getting more and more an RNG shitfest and it's officially a meme to call it """competetive"""
>HotS? literally who
>Diablo 3 BlizzCon '16 announcement: You want Diablo 4? LOL HERE'S ANOTHER CLASS, HAVE FUN GEARING THAT FUCKER UP XD btw it costs shekels so get your wallet ready fuccboi
>Onlywatch getting the "balancing" treatment right now, losing players at a steady rate
Also nice """"competetive scene"""" LUL

There's a reason Chris Metzen jumped a sinking ship.

I know. At least it's /fun/ even if it's not the boats I expected it to be. Then again, I play WT and WoT/WoWs for a lot of different reasons.

I just fucked up, guys. I sold my Edinburgh to buy the Neptune. Did I fuck up, or is the Neptune not that bad? How do I play it?

The biggest problem at this point is that WG is utterly inept at setting things up that stop camping.

Just look at WoT.
The idea there was that scouting and arty could counter camping TDs which could counter attacking heavies which could smash teh medium tanks which could stop teh scouting lights which could easily kill arty or scout for arty.

And then they fucked up everything because gold ammo made armor useless (this practically killed the 'heavy tank moving forward' concept), corridor maps made TDs stupidly OP until they just plain removed enough cover to make TDs practically useless for a while.
But they let arty still effectively oneshot anything it managed to hit, especially when they got around to adding scouts that could actually scout.

Then they threw in t10 meds that had guns that were even more stupid, added autoloaders taht could delete whatever they ran into in one drum because it will totally make people more agressive if they know that there are tanks around that can just plain kill them in ten seconds on the field, amirite?

WoWS went through similar troubles with the designed concepts simply not materializing in-game in the way they were intended.
The easiest solution right now would be to make damage less spikey, by reducing citadel damage and compensating this by raising normal AP damage (preferably by reducing the bounces, not by increasing the damage per hit)

Unfortuantely, such a change would require somethig like the sandbox server, but Wg refuses to even discuss this concept even though the community has been asking for such a testing out radical mechanics changes since the alpha.

What a pudgy bote.

>that could only reach 17 knots
Actually according to Sikret Archives, it could go 45 knots)))))))

>Russian BBs
>Anticipated branch
Am I the only one who is scared of this branch?

>a sinking ship.
Only in your revenge fantasies, Overwatch competitive is still going strong even in tiny yuropoor countries.

I just want some fresh slav memes.

B-But my flying boats user.

What if Russian BBs turn out to be shit?

Nice butterface.

>preferably by reducing the bounces
Give everyone USN CA autobounce? Than what USN CA should get

>Russian
>Shit
HAHAHAHAHAHA
The tier 4 will be a Nikolai variant with 3 turrets instead of 4.

Please don't' bully fat flying botes.

wait
WAIT
They supports six engines now?

B-36 fucking when?

Is this the War Thunder thread? Where am I?

Nigga they have turboprops in the game now.

;_; British CV/BB's when

>Than what USN CA should get
How about better pen angles and more armor pen like the heavy AP caps had historically?

More like warblunder
The last time I had fun in that game was 1.27.

Wow.

I bet the higher BRs are still completely cancerous thanks to a complete absence of balance, so why even bother.

))))))))))))))) do not of worry, 1950 turbo prop more than fair fight for 1940's Bf-109. Balance is fine )))))

Warblunder makes WoT and WoWs look like a PERFECTLY balanced game

>and more armor pen
Discounting imaginary shells of Zao, Des Moines/Baltimore already have best 203mm AP pen. And Pensacola/Cagepolis/NO also leave T6-9 IJN far behind.
>better pen angles
What does that even mean

Yeah, I had a hearty laugh when I first saw their tank trees a while back, too.

Where's the loop on Loop?

>Discounting imaginary shells of Zao, Des Moines/Baltimore already have best 203mm AP pen. And Pensacola/Cagepolis/NO also leave T6-9 IJN far behind.
Yes, I know. Everyone knows this.

The question asked was 'what does the USN get when everyone gets more pen'.
The answer is 'they get even more pen to maybe not be complete shit'.
That will not be enough, but as a first step to stop the US cruisers from bein dogshit it might do.

>better pen angles
>What does that even mean
Reduced autobounce angles like the RN gets.

It's all wishful thinking anyway, WG will not reduce the citpen damage becuase the baBBies will whine, even though they whine about taking so much damage from citpens at the same time.
It's literally baBBie doublethink.

>Reduced autobounce angles like the RN
If Des Moines gets RN autobounce, BB would cry, hard. It is not like it is a bad thing, it is just that WG would kill Dess, after listening to BB crowd.
Also, as of right now, T7-10 USN CA have better autobounce. Than everyone else. Except RN

>tfw no H-44 KM monster
I just want to obliterate citpussy with 50.8 cm

It throws your mind into a Loop.

It's any German BBs in the match, because they're a bunch of fruit loops. It's just another example of WG letting their fetishes dictate game design.

USN CV's with twin torpedo bombers when?

>still no USN tier 8 goy boat

England prevails

Someday.