What engine swaps / builds or what have you do you want to accomplish in the next say 10 years?

What engine swaps / builds or what have you do you want to accomplish in the next say 10 years?
>What car
>What engine
>What purpose
>Dreaming or actually possible?

I have a couple I don't think ill manage to do them all but here it goes

My more reasonable one as I already have the engine.
>Audi B3 (wagon?)
>Audi AAN 2.2T with rs2 goodies, (Exhaust manifold, turbo, injectors) should net around 400hp very reliably with not to much turbo lag
>This would probably be a fun weeked car / track car, wouldn't go over the top with anything really. Would love to try it on some dirt trails and wrap it around a tree. Also would be interesting to do the rwd conversion which is pretty easy.
>I see this one as pretty easy to do, its a direct swap almost, can even run a ABY wiring loom and be ready to go.

This ones pretty reasonable also, I don't want to do this as much as I use to anymore though but still think it would be really fun.
>E30
>M60b40, I think they made 280hp from the factory, would get a chip for $300 to get another 40hp (yeah ok) and raise the red line to 7k or 7.5k if you I do valve springs and all that jazz. This engine also weighs in only about 40lbs more then the original I6's. The I6's are all iron blocks while the m60 is completely made of aluminum
>Originally I wanted a really clean e30 and to do this swap as a daily driver, now I would just want to buy a shell / pos e30 and turn it into a drift/race car what have you.
>This ones also very doable I already purchased a 200 page guide (it was cheap fuck off) on how to do the swap with every single step, nothing is really that hard, the engines can be picked for for $500-$1k and are supposed to be extremely reliable.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FghHghOaypM
youtu.be/CnqwmRmCUpU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Heres my 3rd

Heres my least do able one but the one I want to do the most, I have had an obsession with NA V12s for as long as I have liked cars and I desperately want to own one
>240z/6/8 (This is really undecided and still and I haven't done to much research but its a car I really like how it looks and I figure it will have enough room for the engine.
>Mercedes m120 makes 400hp or so and 400+ torque in stock form. (was used in the Zondas with some modifications im sure) Its a NA v12 that screams like an f1 car and they can be had for relatively cheap for what it is
>This car would be more of a touring car. Comfy inside and fun to drive.
>Dreaming probably. They only came with autos from what I know so getting a manual to bolt up and then fitting it into a car would be a bitch im sure

>realistic
13b-rew into an mx5
would be hektik as fuck

>dreaming
20b into mx5
would probably be more dangerous than anything, but whatever

also if i could afford it getting a GT86 and swapping in a turbo i4/v6 would be pretty cool

>E30
>M30 swap, cheap, mountains of torque
>Potential for future turbo
>M54 swap is the dream when I have money

13b-msp into sa22 rx7
12a a shit, 4 port and 6 port 13b a shit, turbo a shit
engine already out.. so part way there

>E36 Compact
>Some Volvo in-line 5cyl Turbo engine (e.g. 850 2.4T)

My dad always had some Volvo 850 or V70 till last year so I grew up with these cars. The 5cyl sound is just exactly my thing, wouldn't change it for an V8 etc.
The engines (like the rest of the cars) are built like tanks, you can put so much boost in them it's horrific.

Honestly I think I just wan't an 850, but I can't afford 15L/100km or the insurance or the tax, so I thought it would be a kinda fun project to put such an engine in my little E36 Compact. Never seen something like this done before.

Ofc I highly doubt this is even possible. Neither do I have the money for the swap or even the parts, nor is it going to be very easy butting a big Volvo engine and transmission in an Compact. You'd need special adaption parts to get it connected to the BMW axle, wich'd make it even more expensive.

EJ205

>13b a shit
>renesis somehow not a shit

>Done
SR in 240sx
street/track car
>In progress
1JZGTE VVTI in Mk3 Supra
(Have mounts & JZ R154, just need actual engine)

LSx 81 Camaro
(Have a 6.0 and some left over turbo shit to throw a 76mm on it, just need a trans, want a T56)
>Dream
3SGE BEAMS swapping my AE86
could be considered "in progress" since I have the car, just nothing for the swap yet, but probably gonna buy the engine & trans when we buy the 1JZ

LS or a 5.0 in my new edge mustang, cause muh vee ate

2zz maybe turbocharged into zzw30

unless i want to rebuild it every year, yes its shit

I think you're mixing these engine up, renesis is not known for it's reliability at all.

So far this seems realistic, but I'm still in planning stages:

>build 383 stroker to 400-500hp
>mate it to M21 Rock crusher 4 speed
>drop it into an early 90's volvo 240
>black out windows, gut, tub, and cage interior
>stick big street slicks up in the tubs
>leave the rest basically stock (bonus points for luggage rack and faded paint)
>cruise around in the grocery sleeper, smoke the tires for fun, and occasionally hit the local drag strip

>renesis is not known for it's reliability at all
i think you are confusing the renesis with turbo rotaries

>referring to rotaries as reliable at all
no matter what they chew seals, just freaking own it you goofy fucks

Ford Focus diesel or Mazda diesel with 6 spd manual into my Mazda 3 because the AT computer is shot.

Also AT sucks, too bad mazda only sold AT mazda 3's here.

>done
1jz swap in a 240sx
1jz swap in a mx83 cressida
both drift cars

>realistic want
1jz swap into a ra65 celica coupe
1jz swap into a is300
2jz e36/e46

>somewhat of a reach
ITB Beams 3s into a ke70 corolla coupe or ae86 levin coupe
2jzge w/ itbs into a x30 mkii 2dr coupe (pictured)
2jz big turbo swap into a newer is350 or other lexus sedan

BMW made a short stroke version of the M60, I'd like to build a 10k screamer based off that

m50b25 into my e28

trying to get high 300's out of a 403 olds short block for my sleeper buick cruiser.

antique in two years, then i'll try and get working on the build and swap.

but, I just want it to be original motor for when I get it antiqued

1GZ-FE swap my is300

Probably spend a while building up the 1GZ with forged pistons and rods, either custom intake or ITBs depending if I want to turbo or not, rework the head to transform it from a tame luxobarge engine into a screamer.

Probably just keep it N/A since i plan on DDing it and really just want to feel that v12 sound without turbo noise.

I want to buy another em2 and build the perfect d17 after college if i get a job.

Having done a swap, I now prefer cars that have good engines from the start. It's just not worth dealing with all the miss-matched hoses to make everything work right. Never again.

How difficult would it be to mate a manual to a 1UZ-FE? What would I even use it I want to put it in a taco?

>om603 into range rover
Have nice 87 rover
Pulled 3.5 that came with efi interestingly enough
Bought bellhousing adaptor and motormount brackets from sketchy guy on ebay Finland
Trying to find donor car for a reasonable price

What I have learned
-Fuck machine shops
-Fuck craigslist
-Measure twice cut once

Ls1 into 190d or w123

>claims to have done a swap
>biggest pain was mismatched hoses
Uhhh..... are you sure you've done a swap?
I'd say the bigger pain is fabrication of custom motor mounts and cross members and transmission supports, along with custom shifter linkage and wiring harnesses, custom fuel systems and custom radiator supports.

buy a crashed dual-motor tesla
Put motors in a ford festiva
fill the entire hatch and rear seat with batteries
>can't keep my face muscles in place on launches

This but a K24

>"claims"
I guess banging the firewall in a bit to clear the starter wasn't too fun either.
Why would I lie on an anonymous message board?

>Why would I lie on an anonymous message board?
becuse listing mismatching hoses as a pain makes no sense, that's chicken shit in comparison to a thousand other things that are more costly and laborious

>Datsun S30 darker blue than pic, but same wheels
>LS3
>Summer daily/all around fun car
>What's the point of continuing to live if it's not possible?

>E36/E46 or S14
>2JZ
>drift
>S30 has priority right now.

Realistic:
>MR2 AW11 with 3SGTE
>KP61 with a 4AGZE swap
>Ford Focus RWD V8 conversion kit
>Miata LS swap kit

Crazy but still doable:
>KP61 with a Mazda 13B

Insanity:
>Subaru Justy AWD with a twin turbo 13B
>Honda N600 converted to RWD with Hayabusa engine
>KP61 with Mazda 20B

I Want To Die:
>Suzuki Cappuccino with Kawasaki H2R swap.

Or maybe, just maybe, it's something that someone who has never done a swap doesn't even consider. Must be why you're arguing about it.

Mad mike have a 4 rotor miata. What are you scared of?

must be

Not sure. We've seen the giant turbo k20 swaps, the 2grfe/1uz swaps and of course beams swaps

Imagine an LS in this thing... There was a guy who started the project and ended up having to cut the fuel tank short to fit it in

>K20
youtu.be/FghHghOaypM
>2grfe
youtu.be/CnqwmRmCUpU

>BMW 325ix
>2JZ swap
>cuz that would be ba
>dreaming unless proven otherwise

Aaaahhh, I see. You just haven't gotten to the hoses yet. Have fun with the power steering, air conditioning, heater, etc etc. ;)

13btt e30

v6 mr2 sw20

Car doesn't have power steering or A/C, it's stripped
>hurr it's so hard to run a rubber hose
I see you paid for pre-fabbed motor mounts on your swap, it appears you didn't custom make them otherwise you wouldn't give a shit about a rubber hose

lol why am I arguing with you? Enjoy doing things the hard way (I'm sure someone makes engine mounts for your swap). Should have just saved up for a C5 or a camaro, btw.

>Enjoy doing things the hard way
Enjoy paying for pre-fabbed mounts when you could have just bought a welder and made your own and be able to make whatever the fuck you want, for example, custom crossmember, trans mounts, seat adapters, axle swaps, custom trailing arms and torque arms, custom panhard rods, custom shortened struts, shortened axles, custom rad/intercooler supports, etc etc
Nah, just keep buying prefabbed and being a bitch.

LS7 in a Mk3 Supra

Toyota V12 in a 1963 Buick Skylark Special

2Jz Gte in an S13 Coupe

What cars can I actually fit a Toyota 1GZ into?

I've always wanted to put one in something but I've never been able to think of a car that will fit a 1GZ without ridiculous work to the frame

In the middle of swapping an sr20det in my old e30 now. Stuck on finding parts for the steering linkage, brake booster, and some coolant system stuff.

What would you guys swap into an MX73 Cressida wagon?

They came with the 5mge found in the Celica Supra

7mgte or 1jz.

1UZ

Why keep it toyota?

why fuck dogs?

stupid reply 2bh

What?

Mk3 Supra
LS3
I suppose it's possible, but questionably justifiable
The plan basically guts the car, new:
Engine
Transmission
Suspension
interior panels
Seats
Power steering
AC
Maybe cross braces for better rigidity, don't really care about the t-top
It's not gonna handle well, but +450hp on a chassis I like seems pretty sick

MrCummy fucks dogs in his spare time

I don't even have a dog lol

He's a filthy furry.

even worse

Mad Mike. MAD. Like cray cray mad.

>tripfags

reminder that being an obnoxious attention whore is much worse than being a furfag, our furry friend is just both

The 240sx already came with an SR that doesn't really count desu senpai