/drg/ DanganRonpa General

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!
Previous thread: Late night edition.

>/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>DRV3 news pastebin - *Updated 01/28/2017*
pastebin.com/n83HpxJC

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj - Spoiler free guide to enjoy Danganronpa
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT - Indepth gameplay mechanics and infomation

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410

>Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls is coming to Steam and PS4:
youtube.com/watch?v=VzbIuPpPM8E
store.steampowered.com/app/555950/

>New Dangan Ronpa V3 is scheduled to be released in 2017 on PSVita and PS4.
youtube.com/watch?v=UdGlN0aEG2k

>DR 1-2 Reload coming to PS4
youtube.com/watch?v=6DGuCuHurUk

> DR3 Anime episodes and more
pastebin.com/bvNw28sS

>Kazutaka Kodaka Interviews and more
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>DR Manga Scanlations:
shslscans.tumblr.com/current
>DR Manga Collection (Eng): *You need an account to use Batoto*
bato.to/search?artist_name=Spike Chunsoft

>Download pastebin *contains downloads, art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8W

Other urls found in this thread:

gamers-high.com/new-danganronpa-v3/data/card-death.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm gay

This is Yumeno. Say something nice about her.

I love Saihara!
I love Kiibo!
I love them both, together!

God hates fags.

Do they even interact?

This picture is pure

Look at Kaede and Rantarou; looking all important and shit

For late night Kiibofags, I got inspired into drawfagging him.

They're better than Shuichi and Maki.

>tfw cant find 1080s of any of the backgrounds

Your style is really cute. I like it!

fuck off ishimaru. we know you like cock.

I think it's really difficult to read anything legitimately romantic from Ouma. It's easy to see sexual tones, sure- he probably includes it in nearly everything he does- but romance?

She was an angel til the very end.

This looks like it'd be spraypainted on a shitty van or something. Weird style, but I like it.

Did Angie hate gays

Did anybody see if there were other unique cross out stands, besides Miu's XXX, and Tulpaman's stream of blood, whatever they did with his?

Hoshi's is more like a mark point for tennis

I agree. His interest seems very much like the Joker-Batman dynamic the other user mentioned. I do think that on some level he wanted to be recognized by Saihara, but that's part of my interpretation that Ouma is a social person at core and he wanted to form bonds of some kind during the game, but was unable to thanks to the nature of his shitty plan.

Wasn't Ouma's checkerboarded?

Maki a shit

The only odd thing is where Ouma calls Shuichi affectionate names when other people aren't around. It might just be him keeping up his madman act, but some of the things he calls Shuichi could be interpreted as romantic.

If you read his FTEs too he says some things like how a dictator has to work hard, and given he falls asleep standing up twice that I've seen he seems to be hinting to Saihara that he's doing his own investigations behind the scenes, which is proven when you can enter his room.

And yeah, a lot of the characters probably bore Ouma since they can't see through him, but if you look at how much he likes attention he would clearly like to be able to make bonds too but he prefers to get the hell out as soon as possible since he's easily the most vulnerable target if he didn't try to intimidate others with his act.

Haven't seen it around so here's a list of the V3 cast's exam teams for the board game. And yes, Saihara only has two party members.

Saihara- Akamatsu, Momota

Akamatsu- Saihara, Momota, Amami

Chabashira- Harukawa, Shirogane, Yumeno

Yumeno- Hoshi, Ouma, Angie

Kiibo- Yumeno, Iruma, Hoshi

Iruma- Gokuhara, Ouma, Kiibo

Toujou- Ouma, Amami, Momota

Amami- Gokuhara, Shinguuji, Akamatsu

Hoshi- Gokuhara, Toujou, Kiibo

Angie- Gokuhara, Toujou, Yumeno

Shinguuji- Chabashira, Angie, Shirogane

Gokuhara- Hoshi, Ouma, Angie

Ouma- Momota, Iruma, Kiibo

Momota- Harukawa, Saihara, Akamatsu

Shirogane- Gokuhara, Toujou, Amami

Harukawa- Momota, Saihara, Kiibo

I always assumed that was just Ouma being his little shit self and teasing Saihara, famously known for being shy and awkward. Of course I could be wrong with this, but I think Ouma shifts his way of speaking according to the person he's talking to.

>Iruma- Gokuhara, Ouma, Kiibo
Guy she let see her in her underwear, guy she offered to fuck "ero ero" if his plan saved her life, and robot she pressed her boobs on when she gave him a tune up.

> Shinguuji: Two of the girls he killed and the mastermind he called out way back in chapter 1

KEK

>And yes, Saihara only has two party members.
I wonder if that's a bug. I'd say throw in Maki or Kiibo.

Gonta is the most popular one, he's in five teams other than his own

>Yumeno- Hoshi, Ouma, Angie
They should've switched Ouma to Tenko.

If it's a bug then it's a very persistent one, I never got a fourth person in the team in five separate attempts. It also makes the exams much more difficult. There's a small chance that it's because the last member is a cast member from a different game who I do not have a card for yet, but that's very unlikely.

Tenko's curves a bit like her signature pinwheel ribbon.

Every team backup has one person of each class with the exception of Saihara who fills the missing role himself anyways. She would have to replace Hoshi since they're both Sports class in that case.

>Yumeno- Hoshi, Ouma, Angie
>All of them are under 160cm height

So...Shota Team?

>Ouma- Momota, Iruma, Kiibo
People he likes to troll.

>Kiibo- Yumeno, Iruma, Hoshi
People Kiibo likes.

The Teamlets.

Ouma's.

>Shinguuji- Chabashira, Angie
;_;

If you use this as a gauge of bonds, then Shuichi's top 3 were Kaede, Momota, and Maki. Which should be obvious, since whenever Momota got sick Maki and Shuichi would still spend time alone together and investigate together.

>Amami: Gokuhara, Shinguuji, Akamatsu

Also, Amami is the only one who chose Shinguuji...

What's that supposed to be?

I agree. Maybe I'm a fujo and I could see Ouma being attracted to Saihara, but he's not in love with him. He's interested in him because of his talent and the weight he has with other students and is probably the one that could figure out what he's thinking and trying to do. A slight mental obsession mixed with physical attraction is the best I could see with him, not anything romantic.

It's supposed to loosely resemble his scarf

Yeah. Exactly. I think that's why Saihara's speech post Chapter 4 execution, reminding Ouma that he's completely alone, manages to hit a sore spot. Gonta was the only one that got close to Ouma despite being Ouma and he just got killed, while Saihara is someone that he seeked recognition from through the entire game and just cut him off completely.

A supreme leader isn't a leader without other people nearby so I truly think he was severely limited by his shitty plan choices. That's why I think defining his feelings for Saihara as romantic is the boring and simple approach.

Isn't it just a checkmark?

He also chose 3 killers.

It's evidence of bonds but also some characters that would've made sense together/paired up better can't, since all the teams have to be made up of one variety, one intelligence, and one sports (plus whatever the leader is):

gamers-high.com/new-danganronpa-v3/data/card-death.html

Saihara can't also have Maki because she's sports (same as Kaito). He also can't have Kiibo because he's variety (same as Kaede). The other intelligence characters don't really work with him, either, so it's difficult.

Gonta or Toujo maybe.

Another thing to remember with Ouma is that he's a highly complex character and it's virtually impossible to read him unless you read every single thing he says carefully and see if he does the same with another character.

Doesn't he also call Amami his beloved? That could mean quite a few things since he only says that about Saihara when Saihara isn't watching, either he somehow knows Amami from somewhere else, he says that about people who intrigue him a lot or he does actually like these sort of people that way (Again, I would find this weird regarding Amami if they only met in this game).

Ouma is basically the Kirigiri of this game with extremely severe limitations placed on him, people who try to argue that he was completely selfish when he helps a lot in investigations and even went to a trial half-conscious after recounting the trap he fell into are greatly underestimating how much he managed to accomplish right under the mastermind's eye.

As we all know Kirigiri is self-serving and doesn't trust people too, but to argue he only ever did everything he did for himself and cared little about his classmates is wrong, and it really sucks that Saihara never caught on to what Ouma was really trying to tell him beneath the lies and pranks.

Even his own (supposed) killer, no less. That's a pretty solid team. This just makes me more hopeful for the ruthless killer Amami theory.

>Doesn't he also call Amami his beloved?
After he's dead and in an overly dramatic fashion. I've heard for Saihara there are different things Ouma calls him that could be seen as having a romantic context to them.

Sounds like normal teasing Ouma. Amami and Saihara are two people he felt were essential to finishing the game and defeat the mastermind, so once again it seems more like pragmatic interest mixed with teasing.

It's kind of amazing how one character raises so many questions about him even until now, but based on this I think he probably meant it in the "Fuck, now how do I get any useful answers in this game when everyone else is clueless and I have to pretend to be a chuuni retard so no one offs me next!?" sense. What he said about Amami possibly being related to the mastermind being the first killed does seem to suggest this too.

In short it's not unreasonable to say he probably does have a crush on Saihara at minimum, but romantically it's iffy since Ouma is also a pretty lonely guy in spite of his lively personality and that's why he keeps pestering Saihara to look at him and past his ruse to see what he's actually doing.

So some pairings that are mutually in each other's teams:

Saihara/Kaede
Kaede/Amami
Momota/Maki
Momota/Saihara
Himiko/Angie
Hoshi/Kiibo
Angie/Gokuhara
Ouma/Miu
Kiibo/Miu

And I probably missed some. Don't know if these mean anything, but they're there.

Then you have incidents like Saihara logging out of VR world and Ouma being alone when saying something about Shuichi.

>Ouma specifically uses “tsuki ni natta hito,” or “a person I’ve come to like,”

Isn't tsuki that annoying Japanese word that can mean either friendship like or romantic love? I wonder how NISA will translate that.

Oh that's interesting! Does that wording only have a romantic interpretation? I don't read jap but I think ambiguity is a big thing

I'm going to be That Guy and say "like" in that sense isn't necessarily romantic. It could mean interest, curiosity, etc etc which would make sense as Saihara, a detective, is the most interesting to Ouma of the people alive at that point

It can mean like or love. It's an ambiguous word to use and it's often used to cause misunderstandings in anime.

Yeah, while Ouma is clearly a genius in making people hot and bothered by going all lewd on them I also couldn't help noticing that he's really playful in his love hotel scene and he seems to come off as someone who's much more interested in the acting and teasing than actually doing the deed.

>Ouma/Miu
>Kiibo/Miu
Orgy when? Kiibo will be a camera since he has no dick and can't participate.

It's supposed to be ambiguous and obnoxious on purpose. Shippers can read into it as romantic and people who don't want to don't have to. Though I agree with you, since I don't like the pairing.
They'll just use "like" because while "like" has a less romantic implication in English it still works.

He calls Enoshima his beloved in Omake mode too, but he barely know her.
>53 season
>believing ouma

That, or he saw Saihara wasn't going to do anything to him (which is what he wanted) and got bored/turned off by the idea because the fun's in being chased/captured, not forcing an unwilling Saihara to do something.

But we'll never know because LMAO USO DA YO

>Miu and Kiibo participating in an orgy
>not thinking she's going to install a dick on that bot and just let him be the cameraman instead

But no I actually would kill for Ouma/Miu/Kiibo

I am fond of their relationship because Ouma's FTEs are hilarious as hell with him threatening Saihara and Saihara somehow coming back for more because he still wants to know what the fuck Ouma is up to.

Things like Saihara asking what Ouma is doing after he fell down a floor and tried to pretend he totally wanted to play dead and how he tells Ouma he's meant to be that guy who'll never have friends really makes me not like it as a genuinely romantic ship, though. Ouma's final FTE also has him laughing happily when Saihara bandages his finger, and I think in the end a lot of this relates to how Ouma was genuinely very lonely and he wanted someone to remember him if he should bite the dust- who better than the one with the protagonist status and the one who does in some way see past his ruse?

Well, he does seem to not be fond of Miu and Miu practically forces herself on Saihara so this is possible. Ouma's manipulative but he's not going to force people into something they absolutely don't want to do, and if Saihara isn't going to play this the way he likes it he might as well leave before he gets bored.

What would you say are the top 3 things that piss you off regarding NDRV3, whether it's the final chapter, the mastermind reveal, your favorites not surviving or so on?

Maki

The way they handled the ficiton twist.
How they handled the mastermind in general.
Miu not surviving..

>Meta bullshit
>Meta lies
>Continiuty faggotry

Post comfy

1.) F I C T I O N. I don't mind it anymore but there must have been a better way to execute it.
2.) Tsumugi was a boring mastermind. I will admit that it was sad to see her get crushed by a rock. I wonder if it was supposed to mean something.
3.) Chapter 4. I'm not a Gonta fan but I believe that he should have been a survivor.
I'm also upset over Angie dying. Curiosity killed the cat, I guess.

Fiction twist: Completely agreed, the previous two games also had some meta but all of this being made up is unjustified in light of the supposed story we're fed about why everyone signed up and especially as the prologue shows they were all kidnapped.

Mastermind: I want fic of Ouma bitching out Shirogane because he went through all that pain trying to find someone who couldn't even be assed to actually act the part and be more passionate about this game, and Shirogane countering that the point of a mastermind is making it to the final chapter of the game, and it just escalates to the point they piss off all the other dead people.

Miu not surviving: Mine was Ouma not surviving, but I agree that if anyone was to be a survivor I felt it should be the useful ones and an Ouma + Miu team-up with Saihara would be leagues above what we actually got.

FICTION twist
Piece of shit Maki survived
Gonta didn't survive
Hoshi died too early on

1) Yeah, the fiction twist was really bad because it also invalidates the previous two games and suddenly the nice world-building we had over 5 chapters gets thrown out in favor of "Oh look, some idiots decided to sign up for a killing game because they like Dangan Ronpa and everyone loves it but somehow they don't know the previous season's winner". It created so many plot holes that wouldn't have existed if chapter 6 was a mind screw to make the survivors fall into despair by persuading them that they're worthless, and the reason is that they can't be allowed to tell people what the real truth of the world is.

2) Tsumugi is so boring she has nothing besides Dangan Ronpa it seems.

3) Chapter 4 was a clusterfuck and it kind of makes me salty that both Miu and Ouma could have been survivors if she didn't think he was an easy target (Seriously, why? Even though he was unpopular, he's incredibly wily and dangerous all the same). Miu got herself killed, and while Ouma still managed to pull off what he intended to do he ended up having to change his plans to the point he also died and it's just upsetting since he would never have had to use Gonta if not for Miu's plan.

4) Ah...Angie was definitely shafted, I also wonder how would she have changed had she been a survivor.

I don't think Ouma could possibly survive in his intended role as "antagonistic helper" in trials.

Unless they rewrote Chapter 4 entirely to make him reconcile with the main group, Ouma would be the victim in Chapter 5. In a way, Chapter 5 shows that trying to go off on your own will lead to disaster, like what almost happened to Kyoko in DR.

>before setting out, the three survivors go back into the school one last time
>they're there to get some mementos of those who are no longer with them
>maki takes one of kaito's coats with her
>saihara gets one of kaede's uniforms, along with her musical hairpins
>like izuru keeping chiaki's hairclip
>himiko gets tenko's pinwheel bow and probably angie's raincoat or something but that's not the point
>saihara and maki routinely have sex, each wearing the other's dead lover's clothes
>the two try not to look at each other's faces
>saihara wears his old hat while maki is facing away from him
>they call each other their lover's names during the act as a way to cope
>himiko has to deal with that shit on a daily basis

This should qualify!

Besides, I want to bully Saionji so much. I want to scold her to tears and throw her into pool. I want to take her gummies and eat them in front of her. Then I'll force-feed her with lemon-flavored gummies, palm after palm. I want to call her a stinky and take her panties so she has to going commando for the rest of the trip. I want to mock her inability to put her kimono by herself, so I'll strip her every once in a while, yelling what one day, she'll be glad to be able to dress up herself. Also, I'll take her kitty hairpins, making her long blonde hair cover her private parts. And when I'll give kimono back to her, I'll make sure to put Mr. Ants in every single pleat and Mr. Crab in her panties.

And when finally she snaps and try to bully me by any means possible, I'll spank her in front of everyone until she'll like it. And when she'll come to me, begging for another spanking, I'll mock her again, then spank her as if my life depends on it, laughing on her moans full of pleasure. Mere seconds before her climax, I'll throw her into pool once again, leaving her in her aroused state.

Absolutely adorable! Keep drawing, drawfriend!

1) Looks like most of us hate the fiction twist, no surprise there since it throws out so much for the sake of a stupid twist.

2) Survivor plot armor is really irritating, isn't it? I guess we should have expected that since the three survivors all had someone sacrifice themselves for them.

3) Yeah, Gonta dying was a result of Miu being a complete idiot (Like WTF you really think you can pull a fast one on Ouma, A+ critical thinking there Miu).

4) It'd have been nice if he had at least gone on to chapter 3, it really was a waste of a character type never seen in DR before.

1) Implying the cast we've grown to care about and was the strong point of the game were all fake and different than what we got. Even if it turns out to be a lie, dropping this bomb without any effective explanation or development feels cheap and damaged what is perhaps the best part of the game.

2) The constant highlight in-game of Amami's mysterious motifs without proper exploration or resolution. I hate when they tease a backstory only to leave it at nothing or as a bait for less popular spin-off materials.

3) Gonta not surviving. Because not everything I'm pissed about has to be rational.

Actually I knew from the start that Ouma was intentionally presented to be a not-important delusional chuuni because he's supposed to be the detective-type this time, and because he was the only one who really knew the truth of things he was automatically doomed in chapter 5 since one of the things all chapter 5 victims in common is that they're people who know more than everyone else.

It would really be nice if there was an alternate path where you can catch on to his real plans and thus prevent him from having to escalate things until he has to let himself get killed, but that's kind of expecting too much from a DR game and no one else can take his place anyway.

>pushed someone to be willing to commit mass murder with situational evidence and some words alone
>got an inventor to create weaponry for him that would allow him to control deathbots by convincing her it was for the greater good
>manipulated and pulled the strings of an assassin's emotions so well that she was willing to send everyone to their deaths just to pin him for a murder
>even if the mastermind wasn't playing fair, he set up a death that genuinely fooled her

this was him (probably) acting and not actually truly believing in or wanting despair. imagine what he could do if junko/lmao despair brainwash video had actually gotten to him.

>Fun fact about Kaede’s execution:
>Her execution’s bgm, ‘Flohwalzer’ or otherwise known as 'I Stepped On A Cat’ in Japan, is a piano piece where almost all the used keys are black unlike your everyday piano pieces.
>And 'kuro(black)’ is also used to refer 'culprit’ in Japanese too, so I think they chose the song in that perspective.

Can we go even deeper at this point?

1) Yeah, that part is definitely a lie meant to make the cast fall into despair but the real problem with this twist ending is that it's a really bad resolution for the previous 5 chapters and barely explains any of the claims made.

2) That one annoyed me a lot too, yeah.

3) Join the club, all my favorites got killed one by one from chapter 4 to chapter 6 in favor of people who pretty much only survived because of sacrificial plot armor.

Even though he definitely wasn't Junko, the conclusive proof that Ouma isn't a bad person is the fact that he would have turned this entire game into a Student Council bloodbath by chapter 1 with him as the sole winner if he was truly evil.

If anything good can be said about Ouma's actions it's that he never truly forces anyone into anything- Gonta, Miu, and Kaito all worked with him willingly because he convinced them to do so, not because he brute forced them.

Ouma's been LOL MINDHACC like everyone else in the hotel but he's probably perceptive enough to realize that Saihara isn't reciprocating. So he probably finds it more entertaining/interesting to rile him up and leave him flustered with thoughts about him rather than brute force him into something.

>Toujou has no mutual relationship with anyone
How sad.

Are any of the translator anons on

Does anybody else want to fuck Kokichi Ouma? Because I really want to fuck Kokichi Ouma. The feelings of desire for his hot, thin body, his sprightly shota cock and his petite ass have overcome my daily life. Every day, all I can think of is Kokichi Ouma and how I want to devastate and worship his body in every way possible. All I can masturbate to is thit little shit Kokichi Ouma as I have found that I am impotent when thinking of sexual relations with anyone else. Every time I touch my desperate cock, I think of Kokichi Ouma. I think of how I want to crawl into his bed in the hotel room to find his deathly pale body completely bare of clothing. I think of how I would wrap my arms around him, and grind against the small of his back, and between his bony thighs. He would blush, and he would meekly protest, but the slutty urges would overcome him and he would give in, getting on his hands and knees and presenting his rear, always kept clean in case of such a thing happening, and his cute balls to me. I think of how I would roughly grab him by his hips, and, without any lube, force my throbbing pens inside of his slutty anus. I think about how he would cry out when I penetrate him, the friction too much for his inexperienced yet desperate butthole. I think of the pleasure we would share, mine from how tight he would clamp down on me, and his from the brute force I would exert on that precious boyhole. After some time, with silence aside from the grunting from me and the cute squeals from him, and the squeaking of the bed, we would both begin to feel our climax approaching. I think about how I would paint his walls with my seed, and about how he would stain the sheets with his virile load. We would both collapse on the bed, my member slipping out of his slutty ass, still leaking semen from this precious encounter.

As I think about this, I edge until I simply cannot stand it, and I cover my stomach in my male fluids.

Anybody else do this? I feel like I'm the only one.

I really like the extra detail they put into the deaths of the characters for things like this. Hell, almost every death has an ironic aspect about it that relates to the character, and not just the executions.

>Amami was a survivor who used his head and planned ahead
>Killed by getting his head smashed in
>Hoshi was a prisoner that hates sharks (toothed fish)
>Handcuffed and eaten by piranhas
>Angie was a pious girl who devoutly believed in god
>Killed because she witnessed the preparation of a ritual that would bring back the dead
>Tenko had great guilt about Angie's death
>Killed while bowing her head to the ground
>Miu had a filthy mouth and made many comments about her shit
>Strangled by toilet paper
>Ouma and Tsumugi were both explicitly compared to Junko in different ways
>Both died in a manner identical to her

Yeah, people who keep insisting he's a complete monster forget that Ouma's amazing skills at persuasion only work because he knows exactly what people want and he offers them the best way to get it, as opposed to Junko targeting a person's worst fears.

We can clearly see that with Saihara since he leaves once he establishes Saihara wouldn't be okay with doing what he would have, he's a manipulative person but he does have his limits where said limit is the person's will to do what he wants.

Like or hate his methods, some instances such as when he says Tenko's death doesn't matter since it looks like a suicide to make people think about it when they'd only been discussing Angie's death were completely necessary since even if he had figured out there was only one killer saying too much in a straight-forward manner would have been a fast way for him to become Amami 2.0.