Hey Veeky Forums I'm 19 and I just bought my first car

Hey Veeky Forums I'm 19 and I just bought my first car
Its an 01 nissan maximan
231K miles. $1,500 stock everything is stock. What was your first car or what's your current daily?

I bought my first car when I was 18 it was a 94 dodge Dakota pick up I paid 1400$ for. My current daily is my 2015 Honda civic

First was a 6th gen Civic. Current DD is 6th gen Celica

I bought my first car at 15 to learn driving in the same car that I would be using for the foreseeable future. A 1992 Honda Accord with 130k+ miles, automatic seat belts, and at least a gallon of coffee stained into the back seat. I probably paid about 3 grand for it.

A couple of years later I inherited my great grandmother's Oldsmobile 88, the single fucking lamest car ever produced, but it was in a lot better shape nonetheless.

Now I daily drive a 1989 Trans am GTA, my dreamcar

Is it manuél or auto? My brother has a white 2000 Maxima SE with a 5 speed and it's a great car.

Naw she's auto. I'm ight with it though.

Of course it's auto every cuck drives an auto

Was thinking of getting into the Honda scene but for what I wanna do I,dont have the cheese for it.

>first car
'88 Park Avenue.

Bought it in '96 for $500 in flawless condition from an old guy that got too blind to drive, sold it in 2004 with 331,000+ miles on it for $1500. Never had to do any serious repairs, just routine maintenance.

Current daily driver is a '13 GMC Acadia.

>First car 1982 280zx turbo
>Daily RX8

First car 1993 civic. Still daily it

Lol no I didn't know they had stick for the car. Cuck. Lol

It's eh

Op here. The RX8 was my first favorite car when I was like 7yrs young.

Ok here I made a post on IG because I need some help in doing exhaust setup. P.s might be cancer but still would like any help. Lls.

I'm all ears.
Tell me what you want to do.

My current daily is a 2002 6-Speed with a VQ35DE.
It's decent for a shitbox, got it for $600

Was thinking about doing an em2 with an turbo. Just something quick fun and simple. And a little stance. Fuck camber that shits for normies

Someone told me they don't see many white 01 maxima's is that true?

Block won't hold boost well. The d16z6 and y8 will hold better boost.

Any b series from an integra after 1992 will hold boost waaaaaay better than a single cam.
Em2 are shit in all aspects.

Nothing wrong with camber kits or coil overs

I got myself a decent looking 1996 Dodge Avenger V6 Auto for $2000. 112k miles.

It shit the bed and torn its timing belt/chain and smashed the valves 10k miles later.

>he doesn't Know if his car had a belt or chain

I honestly don't know alot about Maxima's aside from the syncros being made of glass, the front ends being shite & needing a complete overhaul every 60-100k, & crank/camshaft sensors failing/having a recall.
I didn't even know there was a "following" to these cars, I just remembered that my mom leased one of the 6speed ones back in 2002-2003 & that it was a pretty decent car so I bought one for cheap when I saw it.

That's funny. Last summer I was looking at a 95 ek hatch. Was gonna do a trade with an project Audi tt Quattro (yes sounds dumb but they're is more to that story) but I never herd back from The dude. Oh well.

Got me worried now that you said "recall"

>y8 will hold better boost.

Until it inevitably spins a rod bearing from having a shit crank.

The ek hatch wasn't produced in 95 it's production years were 1996-2000.

That's too bad though. You couldn't get the vtec model in the hatch. Only the coupe
Audi is shit

isn't that what happens when you do it with stock internals?

yeah he try to tell me it was a special kind of EK felt a scam vibe coming from him

Stock crankshaft period.

y8's only have 1 unchamfered oil port per rod bearing, whereas a d16z6 has two chamfered and cross drilled oil ports per rod bearing.

You can use the z6 crank in a y8 block, although at that point you might as well build a z6 considering it has the better flowing head of the two engines.

This is the motor. He said it only had 50,000 miles on it.

91 V6 Auto Thunderbird. It was slow and it was shit.

true. I rather be safe than sorry.

Looks like a stock y7 to me LMAO

It's both camshaft position sensors & the crank position sensor.
Mostly only a problem on the later 3.5 models, since it effects VQ35de cars (ie, 02-03 Maxima, 350z, & G35)
Nissan dealer wanted to dick me about on a NHTSA recall, so I just did them myself, filed a complaint, then got reimbursed. there's like one 10mm bolt holding each sensor in & you can get them just by popping the hood.

Also there's an airbag recall but I can't be arsed to go back to the shithole dealership since it's a "it could be faulty" type

op here.that's funny I came home from the hospital in that car when I was born. haven't seen one in years.

what a piece of shit
nice "drift missile" bro. does it have a built in vape?

i don't know too much about honda motors but i know some series

why is there so much crossover with "drifters" and vaping and BMX?

>]
thanks for letting me know. p.s now that I have a maximum, I'm thinking of saving up for a 350z. any suggestions?

Because it's just like the people who like Nascar are rednecks who drink light beers.

OP I was looking at maximas for the past few weeks because I wanted a fast fun car for cheap. You overpayed so much it hurts. The 6 speed is pretty fast, the 5 speed is alright, and the auto is pathetic. Whats amazing is the miles on this car. For the same price I was seeing a bunch of 5 speeds under 150k miles. The same with the autos, but moreso.

You could have gotten something faster with lower miles if you put ANY effort into looking, at least where I'm from. You can find some crazy deals if you put effort into it.

I mean the old T28 turbo used to smoke, but I've had that car since I was 17 & it's seen some shit.
Here's what it looked like yesterday.

lol seems like a valid comparison

and heres one colour but no widebody

i didn't know i overpaid for the car but I'm happy so I'm ok.

nice mass tags. I have family up in mass. where in mass are you from?

Plymouth area

cool cool. I have family in a town names "Gardner" it's like 15 min from New Hampshire. my mom grew up in chumpsferd. I think that's how you spell it

With the understanding it was 1995 when I started driving: A 1990 Toyota Camry. Free to me since it was one of my father's salesman's cars he was putting out to pasture. Over 200k on the clock and leaked oil like a sieve, among other problems.

As such, I got a job and bought a 1992 Isuzu Rodeo with my own money within 18 months, which I drove for several years.

A 5G Prelude (which I should have never sold), motorcycle, and Jeep later, I'm currently DDing an 00 Integra LS I am about 3/4 invested in a B20 and MT swap in. Just finishing collecting parts and doing the work. By the end of the summer I should be squared away driving a proper (lol, still FF) car again.

Is it that bad to buy auto for first car? I'm new to driving in general not to mention that there is no one to teach me. And that used automatics are cheaper here

nice my grandmother had a 01 Toyota Camry. used it for high school. before my maxima it was the best car i ever had.

As far as features go, it was fantastic for its time - cruise, elec windows/locks, sunroof, decent stereo, etc. I'm sure with 11 years of development, an 01 was that much better.

97 Miata with 94k miles bought 3 years and 2 months ago.

Unfortunately some stupid fucking cunt turned left in front of me at a light causing me to total it and break my ankle in the process.

I loved that car ;_; Fun to drive, didn't have to do anything but replace the brakes and a camshaft sensor o-ring. Drove it all day everyday even in the northeast winter.

I'll miss her. It fucking sucks but people today are getting worse and worse at driving. I would love to buy another one, but I'm afraid of something similar happening and this time not with a chevy cruze.

Soccer moms and dumb women dominate the roads nowadays. It's dangerous to own anything fun.

That's my winter setup

I still have my first shitbox.

It's a nice little daily.

Not sure if serious but check out racinglineperformance.
I think there was another company called redlion or something, both make altima/maxima parts

If your new to driving buy an auto then learn to drive manual

owned it for exactly a year, put 6k miles on it