How do you convince dealerships to let you test drive supercars?

How do you convince dealerships to let you test drive supercars?

If I suddenly came into lots of money and rolled up to the dealership in a fiesta would they shoo me off?

Other urls found in this thread:

vacheron-constantin.com/en2/watches/patrimony/patrimony-patrimony-85180-000G-9230.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They force you to put collateral down before you can drive the car. Typically your home.

You probably can't. As in you specifically.
People that buy these cars don't want miles on them, so they're not going to let you drive one of them unless they're reasonably sure you're walking out with it. "It" being the exact car you'll be driving, as in they're not going to want you to put miles on a white Gallardo when you want a Yellow one because it's putting miles on a car that they then have to try to sell to someone else.
There's some Chevy dealerships that won't even let you test drive Corvettes. Period. A supercar dealer will be similarly aggressive.
On top of that, if you show up in a in a shitbox, they're not going to think you'll be buying a supercar. People who already have super cars or high end luxury cars buy supecars, not people rolling in on fiestas. You'll also be judged on your age and appearance and on whether they think you can actually drive one of their cars without putting it into the ditch while leaving the lot.

Now, putting all of that aside, the best shot you have is to walk in wearing a t-shirt and a bathing suit with sandals and some sun glasses in an area like Miami or Southern California. People who can afford supercars don't dress in suits, they dress like they don't give a fuck.
Preferably also do this in a walking district or close to a marina so you don't have to drive up with your shitbox. If you can make it look like you just stepped off your yacht and are bored and suddenly got an itch for a supercar, great.
Confidence above all.

Now, on a realistic level, the best shot you have to actually drive one is to just rent one for a day from an exotic car rental place.

I actually know a farmer that tried to buy 20 Ford pickups to replace his fleet. Dude showed up in overalls without a shirt to the dealership. The salesman refused to show him anything besides the cheapest beater truck they had.

Long story short, he ended up going over to chevorlet and buying whatever they were selling. He ended up writing the ford manager a letter (fucking rednecks and technology) that ended up causing heads to roll. Manager was fired for not listening to the rednecks, saleguy was fired and black listed.

Fucking farmers and oil field workers make the most hilarious customers ever. Roll in in dirty work clothes, ask to see a truck, then pull out 70k in cash to buy it.

I just thought you'd appreciate that story and give some perspective.

------------

>. You'll also be judged on your age and appearance, what you drive, and on whether they think you can actually drive one of their cars without putting it into the ditch while leaving the lot.
>Now, putting all of that aside, the best shot you have is to walk in wearing a t-shirt and a bathing suit with sandals and some sun glasses in an area like Miami or Southern California. People who can afford supercars don't dress in suits, they dress like they don't give a fuck.

This is the correct answer. If you ACTUALLY came into some money, go drop some cash and buy an expensive watch second hand. ((the jews get you buying it new)). Wealthy people don't give a single fuck how they dress, but a LOT of them do like watches, and if you've got a watch worth 30k on your wrist (that you bought second hand for maybe 20k), you get lumped into the fucking weirdos that buy something till it dies category.

A good watch will open doors for you in the future. Like I said, fucking oilfield workers and fucking farmers. Being smart about what dealership you pick will also play a role.

----

If you just want to drive one, just go fucking rent one.

went into this place and asked about test drives, the guy pretty much told me to prove i can afford one or keep my hands off.

it doesn't help i was dressed like some gross normie, but how did he know my hands were covered in poop?

in all seriousness though, you gotta prove you can buy it, and even then if you ask about test drives they'll probably assume you can't afford it and so will deny you.

>chevy being uptight with a piece of shit 50k car

lmao

Jeebus OP, selling supercars is not like you're selling a Buick. Most of the time dealerships wil lassume you've done your own research and know full well what car you want sight unseen.

They also assume you aren't going to walk in and pick one off the lot and drive away, you go through a process of ordering the car with all the options you want, they verify your ability to afford it, then you wait around while, if you're lucky, some other dealer has your exact car, or the factory specs out your car and imports it.

That said, if you rolled in and could prove you can buy one then and there they'd certainly let you drive it.

The same kind of shit happened with a friend of mine except he was
>youngish, 29
>black
>owns a small tech firm that has contracts with several government agencies in DC

Dude wanted a Lexus RC F and according to him the dealer tried to push him to buy a used lexus figuring he couldn't afford it.

Dude left and bought a '16 CTS V from another DC area dealer.

I showed up at Ferrari of Denver in my $40k truck. I just walked in and told them I'd always wanted to see their showroom and had absolutely no means of purchasing anything from them. they were still friendly and accommodating and answered all of my dumb questions. I did ask what the test driving policy was and they said typically they are not allowed for the sole purpose of keeping miles off of the vehicle but they make exceptions for certain clients.

Confidence and acting like you belong is key. For supercars like these I assume you would have to prove that you are actually capable of purchasing one, but I remember when I was 18 I went and test drove a brand new Mercedes C63 AMG and a brand new BMW M3 by just wearing some nice clothes and acting like a spoiled little prick lol. I said things like "It's a graduation gift from my dad" and "My dad said if I find something I like we can come in tonight or tomorrow morning and buy it" As long as you convince them they can make a quick sale off you they will want to get you in a test drive.

Unless you are a famous person that will get their picture taken in their car, you will not be allowed to to test drive.

The ONLY exception is that you have already brought a car from THAT dealership and are a repeating customer on record. People can rent exotics and drive up to dealerships, so they got wise to that quick.

You don't just pick a supercar from the lot like a $2k shitbox. You usually have alot of contact (phone, email) with a dealership first about all your wishes and what options you want

>Fiesta
They know you're a poorfag for life and will shoo you even if you have the money to save you from making another poor decision.

bring a baby, leave it on the counter, go sit in the car until they hand you the keys

People who sell these are usually good at smelling money.

Dress like a poorfag go in and look around and see which salesman is actually nice enough to talk to you and then buy it from him. I did it when I went to a BMW dealership and they treated me like I was poor of course, went to a Lexus dealership and they treated me like a king offered me drinks and everything and I only said I was looking, got my mom an RX350 that day.

>things that never happened: the wannabe memoirs of a faggot

Rich kid here, the easiest way is this.

Sports bike + full leathers, act slightly aloof, blow off the first rep who greets you, find the next rep and straight off the bat ask them if they have whatever car you fancy in a colour you know they don't have, follow up by asking if their other dealers would have it.

Then go from there.

That's seriously it.

I've bought plenty of parts in there and they treat me like dirt.
Sorry I've got a 30 year old exotic and don't want to pay you mongs to work on it.

Is it better to turn up in a shitbox or a taxi?

> how to get sucked in by sales reps

>If I suddenly came into lots of money and rolled up to the dealership in a fiesta would they shoo me off?If you suddently came into lots of money you should buy a nice watch, like a Patek Philippe or an Audemars Piguet or a Cartier.
Rolex is counterfeited a lot and people doubt it.
And that's all you need basically.

You do not ask for a test drive.
you walk in acting like you are buying that car.
only after driving it do you say you do not want it.
then you drive one of their other, better cars.
rinse and repeat as long as they will let you.

It's a shame "nice watches" are all gaudy as fuck.

Not if you CAN buy it, they'll let you drive it if you can convince them that you WILL buy it

No, "nice watches" are classy as shit.
You're thinking of "shit tier watches riding a name and marketing themselves to niggers"

This is a nice watch
vacheron-constantin.com/en2/watches/patrimony/patrimony-patrimony-85180-000G-9230.html

Also, you can still get "classic" rolexs that aren't total shit, I've seen a few that I like.

That's something that happened to me. I went to a Range Rover dealership hoping to get a fully loaded one and they were really reluctant to do so. I then went to the Mercedes dealer and bought a G class.

Good luck faking one in PM

PM is easier to spot at distance, than a stainless model. Anyone used to dealing wih luxury goods can spot solid yellow, white, rose gold, and platinum by luster.

Just go rent one.

PS if you have money, you can get on exclusive "event" lists that the brands or dealers put together. Often, you can get slots to drive super cars there. Or at least build the relationships for walk-ins to test other cars.

>implying anyone outside of wall / fleet st would know a VC patrimony or a Patek. If you want to get noticed by some dealerfag, Hublot bigfag is your best bet. RM would be best.

my DICK

The first thing the salesperson will look at is your shoes......

That applies to ANY luxury goods retailer.

But don't look like a try hard, wearing your fancy Alden dress shoes to go drive. or show up looking like a thug even though you have stupid Yeezys on.

We're not talking about gov subsidy enriched soybean farmers buying a bunch of shit domestic trucks for soon to be deported beaners to drive around and check on salt licks and irrigation, and we sure are not talking about nigger rich oil field yokels who boom and bust every two years with gaudy $70k brodozers they use as commuter cars.

Everyone has their story of an "i told YA so!" Buyer, who was misjudged because their belt didn't match their shoes or whatever. But we are talking about exotics and hi line cars.

Also...

If you have a friend who is known to own supercara, or has bought from them before. Have Him go with you, or at least call to refer you. They won't discuss money. it will be assumed that if richfag A calls sales fag and says richfag B is a good guy can you Help him, that he is treating him as an equal at least.

that sounds about right. I used to work at a Groove store and had a customer with a Lotus who had to take it to Ferrari for service and he said they would treat him like a peasant because his car is only worth $50k

the simplest way is to show them the money.

>How do you convince dealerships to let you test drive supercars?

You will have to overcome discrimination based upon how much money you have. Too bad that only racial and sexual discrimination are illegal. Otherwise, you can grab them by the pussy as a certain american president said.

How true is this cause only thing I'm missing is a full leathers.

I'd let her sit on my Ferrari

>chevy being uptight with a piece of shit 50k car
They are around here. A test drive even of beaters is only allowed if they think you are serious about buying a car. You also have to show DL and proof of insurance which does make it harder if you are a first time driver getting a new car. Sure, the dealer has their own insurance cover all test drives because it is state law that any accidents during a test drive is covered by their insurance and not yours. But they are still allowed to ask if you have insurance.

Just wait until China gets USA dealerships and makes look alike knock-offs of all the supercars. These dealership will feel real pressure as the chinese cars get good enough to take away all the customers that want the driving experience and don't worry so much about the cachet. Owning a real supercar is a headache in maintenance.

You have incredibly low standards

She's wearing shoes as she stomped her way onto your hood.

Your ferrari hood is aluminum if it's a new ferrari. It will crumple a bit.

>mfw there is a rather nice guy locally who owns a restaurant chain
>dresses in sweatpants and a beater with holes in it because he doesnt give a fuck
>he has money
>walks into his own restaurants and occasionally gets refused to be seated even though its not very fancy
>The lack of fucks this guy gives is astounding, he just tells them to get whichever manager is in charge
>Drives a Prosche and and Lambo, both less than 10 years old
>I've never seen or heard of him wearing a suit
He fascinates me, I wanna grow up to be just like him.

when you get loads of money that's how it works. you can just not give a fuck because money.

there are two types of rich people
>The ones who wanna show off their money and care what other people think
>The ones that do not give a single fuck and do whatever they want

Is it not carbon fibre?

wether you like it or not its still a sportscar thats out of most people's reach

That watch is fucking atrocious. Your taste is exactly like the niggers you speak of lmao.

>thug
>wearing yeezy's

thats the official sneaker of the paper thin rich white kid who buys them after they are marked up 500% you fucking idiot.

lmao.

How is that watch "niggery"? It's simple and understated. I admit I wouldn't pay that much for that watch, since it's not my taste, but it's far from a pimped out rolex, or some of those hideous bright plasticky g-shock looking abominations rappers wear

I've had Audi dealerships let me test drive an R8 before even when I told them up front the R8 was out of my price range and I was there to look another cheaper model (RS5).

I've also had Chevy dealership refuse to let me test drive a RS camaro. I was looking at a ZL1 and of course they wouldn't let me test drive that, so I asked to drive an RS camaro just to get a basic feel of the car's layout and was denied because the sales man personally didn't think I could afford an RS. This is after they had already run my credit saw that is perfect with a 760 score and I told them I would be putting 40k cash down it on. I walked away from that dealer and never went back. I ended up buying a used ZL1 which was the same year I was looking at new and saving 20k on the sticker price.

I had a Mitsubishi dealer pull the same thing with me on an evo but at that time I didn't really have any credit history as it was the first car I was buying that I was going to have to finance so I can understand that. They did let me test drive the rallysport lancer though just to get the basic feel of the car.

the subaru dealership i dealt with was pretty nice, even let me test drive a brand new wrx sti full well knowing i wasn't buying it just because i had just paid cash for 2 cheaper cars

Looks pretty good to me. It's not some stupid gundam looking rolex shit with one million knobs

>or show up looking like a thug even though you have stupid Yeezys on.
>looking like a thug even though you have stupid Yeezys on.
>thug even though you have stupid Yeezys
>you have stupid Yeezys
>stupid Yeezys

Your reading comprehension could use some real work.

I actually won the lotto a few years ago, ended up with about 10 mil after taxes. There is a Lamborghini dealer in my city, I walked in and got ignored until I opened up the briefcase with $300k in it to get some attention. Then I got to test drive an Aventador like I wanted. And on that test drive I had a moment of clarity, that buying super memecars so young would put me back into poorfag land within a decade. So I didn't buy it and invested instead

Note: this only works if you're white. Well, these days you might be able to pull it off if you look like a fobby Chinese douchebag heir.

There's more to "looking rich" than wearing fancy clothes. I know multi-millionaires that wear Walmart clothes and drive 90's Toyota's yet as soon as they walk into a room you can tell they have money, Car salesmen are trained to look for these people. Rich people carry themselves differently than normal people, They walk, talk and act differently to most normal people.

tldr: Pretending to be rich will not get you into the luxury world.

Seems more like a way to screen dealerships for customer service quality.

Be cute plus get a female sales associate.
You'd be surprised how far ladies are willing to bend over for a cute guy

nobody believes you.

>grandma lives in a rich old people neighborhood
>one of her neighbors is a 70 something old guy who is rich as fuck but also really nice
>at grandmas one day to visit and drive my MR2
>old guy comes over to look
>it really isn't anything special but I guess he can tell I'm into cars
>"hey wanna see something cool?"
>yea sure
>takes me to his garage to show me the Ford GT he had just bought brand new
>"I bought this from XXXX dealer, I went to YYYY first but one of the salesmen yelled at me when I was sitting in their car even thought the dealer owner said I could."
>so I went to the other dealer and bought theirs then brought it back to the other dealer to rub it in

He was pretty cool

There is a Porsche dealer near me with TWO 918 on the showroom floor. One is listed at 1.8mil. If you mention to the salesman that you are just there to look at them they are really polite and don't mind you just being a looker, just keep your hands off which should be common sense.

But that probably isn't a common attitude for high end dealers

>how far ladies are willing to bend over for a cute guy

Ha! I got the joke.

How do dealerships rank in terms of prestige?

I didn't. Would you kindly explain?