He fell for the "change your own oil" meme

>he fell for the "change your own oil" meme

did you really try to catch it using a bottle?
buy an oil pan or even one of disposable catering trays from the supermarket.

are you literally retarded or what

>REEEEE

Retartd

Oh my God. What are you doing? Just stop, get away from it.

I've called and submitted a formal report to the EPA. Just stop what you are doing and wait for them to show up.

>Tfw drop your wrench in full drain pan

Get a fucking pan Jesus Christ

a pela oil extractor will make all the bads go away.

Where is your drain pan?

How poor/mentally handicapped are you? Drain pans are 5 bucks

That's what I usually do. This time I forgot that my drain plug has a magnet on the end, so that when you loosen it stays in the hole. If you've ever put your thumb over the end of a garden hose to get a spray effect you'll know what I mean.

Do you think I'm made of money user

>tfw you drop the drain bolt in a full oil pan

How do they work?

>drive car up ramps
>put pan below car
>remove bolt with ratchet
>screw off oil filter
>drink a beer
>put bolt and oiled filter back on
>pour oil in engine
>pour old oil from pan into the jug you just used
>drive to store to get more beer
>let car sit then top off oil again if needed

Literally the hardest thing in the world. Better pay jiffy lube $50 to remove 1 bolt.

Just get one of those gay ass vatozone plastic oil catch cans with the screen and lid. Works great and you can take it to them and they have to dump it.

lel just dump the oil in the old jug and leave it in the alleyway a few houses down, recycling oil is the dumbest thing ive ever heard

found the garbage state resident

>Sit under truck
>pull off cap for fumoto oil valve
>put extraction hose on bung
>put other end in empty oil jug/2l bottle/beer cabs/storm drain
>open valve
>hold small bucket under oil filter
>use oil filter drain tool to poke a hole in it and drain it
>remove filter and install new one
>clos fumoto, return cap
>fill with exactly manufacturer recommendation amount
>don't even bother checking level, close hood.

>don't even bother checking level, close hood

this is gonna fuck you

How? If my truck needs 6 quarts, and that's what I put in, then it should be fine.

Because it's a sign that you're lazy and unscrupulous. These are traits which will fuck you later in life.

thanks dad

I love cars but fucking hate working on them aside from vacuuming and cleaning. I will always pay people to work on my car

You're welcome son

That's about the dumbest excuse for justifying a waste of time.

If I don't check it, it also eliminates a potential chance to get in contact with oil and the need for a rag.
I don't even need gloves because of the tools I use and the procedure, cutting down on time and materials even more.

>he canĀ“t even change his own oil
Just put some kind of pan under it to catch the oil.

>waste of time.
OK mr. moneybags, we get it, your time is worth so much money that you can't spare 5 seconds to pull a dipstick from a tube.

It's not that bad guys, be like me, I learnt to deal with it to the point that I do not resist this way I'm not sad when it happens

I don't need things like that anymore but when I didn't know how to do basic shit to cars this would happen almost every time I did an oil change but thanks guys you're pretty good.

Hey man,fyi dont rub the old used motor oil on sensitive skin. Only new oil ; ) NICE AND CLEAN afterwards!

>he's too stupid to change his own oil

wew lad

I mean I changed it, I just spilled a lil

At least I managed to contain the spill without any major environmental impact

That ship doesn't even exist anymore. She got beached, cut up, and sold for scrap in....I think it was Pakistan...maybe India.

>only wants his car to look pretty
>hates working on his car
>claims to love cars

So you don't actually love cars then.

>tfw drop the oil filter in the drain pan and receive 5w-30 facial

This is why you have a magnet on a telescopic rod. Costs like $5 from any auto parts store. Godsent for dropped 11mm spanners into your engine bay.

>not doing your own oil change
>being afraid of getting oil on yourself or the ground
>wearing gloves while doing an oil change

Sorry you guys wear your best outfit while working on your car and are afraid to get dirty just incase you feel the need to Instagram or snapchat yourself.

>when you push the o ring for the PCV valve into your engine and have to fish it out with pliers or you have to take the head off
now that's terrifying

>when you push the o ring for the PCV valve into your engine and have to fish it out with pliers or you have to take the head off
Wouldn't you just have to take the valve cover off?

Just change it in the street. It will wash away next time it rains. Easy clean up.

i prefer the rod that has grabber at end, doesn't stick to unwanted parts

Changed my supercharger oil today, car feels legitimately more responsive. I'm going to put the old oil in a spray bottle and scent the house.

Those stupid side caps always break. I used to use those but now I just use an open plastic basin, and pour it into juice containers for Autozone to get rid of.

I heard a story from this old guy about one of his friends doing an oil change back in high school. This kid had just gotten a new car and had promised to pick eveyone up to fuck around, but first he had to do an oil change. After about three hours and no ride they decide to walk to his house to find him filling up the oil by pouring it through the fucking dipstick shaft.

he also had another one where some other retard was doing an oil change. He gets a call saying that his car takes a fuck lot of oil so after remembering what happened to his other retard friend he decides to go to his house to see wtf he's doing. He gets there and finds empty oil bottles everywhere. This ding dong was pouring it in from the right place but the idiot didn't know how to actually check the oil level and assumed you were supposed to fill it up until you could visibly see it under the oil cap. He then goes to start it and the car proceeds to leak oil from fucking everywhere.

Goodnight faggots

I do this
I went to my vatozone and the manager was there, douchey asian guy who is like 40 but still spikes his hair. Guy wont let me dump the oil until he opens each one and smells it, says he is checking to see if there is antifreeze in it. Tell him not to worry and im an honest dude

I fill gatoraide bottles with old antifreeze and throw them in a nearby park

>drain oil in a pan
>close drain
>pour new oil in til full ( leave a little room for expansion)
>pour old oil into new oil bottle
>chuck bottle into neighbor's backyard
>pull put dipstick, wipe it
>put back in check levels it should be above full
>done

>It will wash away next time it rains
The EPA must love you

>>Tfw drop your wrench in full drain pan

i did this, but instead it was the oil filter slipping out of my hand

>dump it
why not just pour it in your neighbours garden?

Shoulda had mommy there to hold hands with

antifreeze can go down the drain. Atleast you can in my county

Yea I know some people toilet it
Im studying earth system science in college and chem teacher said something like 5oz of antifreeze ruins 1gorillion gallons of ocean water

Hnnnng

You absolute madman, what ever country you live in is a shit hole and whoever said that is ok should have to drink anti freeze

get a fucking oil pan
wrench oil filter off
drain oil into oil pan
put new oil filter on
put new oil in
start car up to get oil circulating
dispose of oil in a not asshole way

what are yall fucking up in? ive been changing my own oil since i was 15

the EPA can suck it, Trump was a blessing

>earth system science
>5oz of antifreeze ruins 1 gorillion gallons of ocean water
That's not a real degree and your chem teacher is a moron. It's ethylene glycol, a naturally occurring compound that biodegrades rapidly.

Yeah, what's the crime? The local rivers are already so populated, they could catch fire so what's a few liters of engine oil?

earth system science is a hard science degree
waste antifreeze contains heavy metals and oil residue from being run through an engine

>no recycling option for individuals
>rain falls on similarly polluted asphalt

Here in practical reality, we shrug and pour it down a drain.

>when you volunteer to change your gf's oil but you can't take out the drain plug because it's already stripped

JB Weld a piece of rebar on to it and open it with the leverage

Skidplate makes oil go errywhere?

The threads were stripped,. Because of the lack of available space I went full retard and removed the oil pan, attempted to re-thread it, fucked it up so bought a new oil pan and resealed that bitch. Good as new.

>did manual swap in dad's driveway
>removing the auto
>drain fluid from pan
>remove radiator lines
>atf spills
>finally drop trans
>torque converter comes off
>atf spills everywhere
>roll trans out on jack
>tips over and spills more atf
>driveway is now 100% atf

>he doesn't go to his local corner mechanic and give them a case of Mobil 1 and a 6-pack for an oil change
>he'd rather lay on the floor under his car and never get a tire rotation

Kys pleb faggot

>Handles like a boat
>Spills oil

Is that a chevy corvette?

My S10 fills up like this.

>cat owner is retarded

colour me surprised

hmm true

Nah, one of the windshield fluid-bottles I used to collect the oil (didnt have a collector at the time) had a small crack in it that I didn't see until it was too late

You forgot the part where you take a drag from your vape pen

>owning a cat
>failing at manly things like mechanics

Yep. Checks out.

Not all cat owners >:|

>Op can't even change his own oil
what a fag

>drain plug stripped
>replace oil pan
Veeky Forums in a nutshell

>renewing coolant in front of house
>struggle with hoses until I blow some hot air on them and get them off