/dbt/ map: meet and compare willys
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
>cycle-ergo.com/

Noob? Git gud:

wubbems with sounds:
Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfz1zJFToLpjuudibNQZlfC47TVY5ZVFqa0lSLFG9nwz9MXbA/viewform
helibars.com/products/HeliBars®-TracStar™-handlebar-risers-for-Yamaha-YZF-R6-2008%2donwards/624.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>meme fairings
>meme exhaust
>meme frame sliders
>meme integrated blinkers
>meme tail tidy
>meme bar ends
>meme levers

kys

sincerely,
someone with the exact same bike and mods

GS500 best beginner bike. Im still in love for the simplicity of it.

wtf, levers are stock

It's not on the same level.

But returning to the core matter, you're saying Italy can't make very good products?
So what are Bimota, Tamburini, Beta etc.
Of course it's not like in the past.

GS500 is the only practical example of a double negative working. It's shitty even at being shitty, hence it's good.

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfz1zJFToLpjuudibNQZlfC47TVY5ZVFqa0lSLFG9nwz9MXbA/viewform

Remember that people do pic related to those bikes though

guys, i don't know when it happened, but i suddenly feel a deep attraction to ninja 636s
am actually considering copping this zzr400 nearby, would it make for a fun (occasionally)trackbike?

Hard to say, never ridden one and i highly doubt anyone on dbt has either.

Those companies make small numbers, with high quality control (I would guess, no experience with them). With the prices Ducati is asking, you would expect them a little better, because if your €20k+ bike isn't reliable, you're not going to like it for long, or buy another one.
I'm not saying they can't make good shit, but the average Italian thing has terrible quality (control).

I've never had any other experience with Italian stuff than it breaking. And I work with a lot of Italian shit.
Give me German or Japanese shit, it might cost more to buy, but if I have to come down every year and replace that shit, it's way more expensive.

no, there are 2 cunts with one
that's why i'm asking

i don't remember ever seeing anyone posting a zzr400 before?

the 636 is because that bike is sex.

when and where is it this time?
I think I might go but I haven't been to the general in a while

>Those companies make small numbers, with high quality control (I would guess, no experience with them)
Yes, and?

>I'm not saying they can't make good shit
So we agree, this was the point all along.

>but the average Italian thing has terrible quality (control).
Of course they do. I've tried to explain why.

Ducati does the same thing HD does, except their bikes are better. It's a conscious choice, it doesn't mean they CAN'T make very good bikes. The person who decides at Ducati doesn't care.

>it might cost more to buy
I wonder why it fails less.

Nigger I'd make the same choice as you and for the same reasons, I don't give a fuck about national pride, you're missing the point.

Border of austria and italy

Is it only in the weekend?

yes

Why not a week?

Cause that's expensive ya dingus, and people got shit to do.

>Not running a car tire

>let's meet from all around europe once a year
>but only for two days lol
Nigga if everything goes well I'll be working on the weekends.

who gonna die this year?

>Yurocucks be poor

Ayy lmao

>two days
3 nights, 4 days.
Like the other years.

We're accepting volunteers.

>4 days
>weekend
user, I...

Drop user

3 days and a morning.
Is there anything else tickling your autism?

Reroll for drop user

Yoo! I have a Harley sporty and i was looking to maybe try another bike such as a Fz09, Sr400, Bonneville.... is there anything that you guys might recommend?

Always been a Honda guy, but I'm starting to really like Suzuki's blend of appeal to tradition, yet forward technologically. They also seem just as committed to being involved in racing.

dubs

You look life a twink sissy trap cuckboi kys homo

You look autistic, plz don't get a Yamaha and tarnish the good name

Suzuki is the ripoff brand m8. They lack tradition and only race to sell.

>those shitty looking welds

>300mm adjuster bolt

>un-shrouded NOS bottle head

Niggers.

>They lack tradition and only race to sell.
what a retarded and quasi-neckbeardy post

VFR.
Never need another bike.

>shitty welds
I dont see that, they all look fine to me

Seem like the truth hurts.

>super single
top kek

I've got some bad news for you user you're going to the conversion therapy camps

dbt is full of aluminum welders last time i checked

my deal*rship has a new 2015 cb500f for $5400 or a used triumph bonneville for $5800

which is the better buy

cb1300/jxr1300

the cb500f is.
can you find a cbr650f for the same price though?

the thing is I probably could, but I'm looking for a standard rather than a sportbike.

Thanx, seems like Honda is the way to go then.

Just buy a used sv650 for 2.5k

You're talking out of your ass. Suzuki is one of the best deals in semi-pro and amateur racing bikes. In fact, the GSXR 1000, at $14,599 in the US, is probably one of the best deals in sportbikes now.

>Only race to sell
And why the fuck do you think Porsche, BMW, Ferrari, or Bentley participate in motorsports, you fag? Because they have nothing better to do with tens of millions of dollars.

Post your nobike.

There are no sv650s where I live. I've been checking for over a year.

a rusty bicycle is better than the cb500

take the fairing off, replace the handlebars and you now have a cb650f

Post boipucci

Look at the rear weld, it looks like it was done by a spastic, it might hold up fine considering it is hopefully welded all the way around, but it just looks like shit.

If it's a home shop job maybe I'd give it a pass, but it looks like someone paid good money for that coat hanger abortion.

For fuck sakes follow the old mantra, 'a grinder and paint, make me the welder I ain't'

Are you implying that welding square relatively thick wall square stock aluminum onto relatively thick wall square stock aluminum, is some rare skill? Get a TIG and practice it isn't hard to get weld a that sticks.

Honda is only "the way to go" if you're a faggot. If you want a proper bike get anything but Honda

ok so stick with yamaha??

How can you say that when the R1S is $500 more in msrp but way better as a bike?

and why's that

not a bad idea

nobody who's actually racing is buying the R1S

Sure welding can be done, doesnt mean you will get work as a welder lol, thats a 4 year apprenticeship 1-9 welding tickets depending on what you are actually welding.

i was joking about people on dbt knowing shit about welding btw, you are a prime example of that.

Ok, so forreal... up until about 2008 Honda actually gave a shit and made really good bikes, the f4i, the CBR600rr, the fireblade... Now they're just lazy, middle of the road, completely under-powered and uninnovative when compared to any other jap manufacturer. The only bike they have that I think is cool is the africa twin but that thing costs like $14k new

should be able to get the tank shrouds and headlight for under $1000

I've seen more R1's than I have GSXR1000's desu

i have not really considered any kind of adventure bike cause they do cost like..... a lot haha, but thanx for the input, did you have a honda at one point??

You'll still get Honda reliability, but I will tell you I've compared, side-by-side, their bikes made in Thailand (CB500F, CBR500) vs. their Japanese-made (CBR600RR, 1000RR). You can see the build quality difference from a mile away. The Jap bikes have welds that look like art, while the Thai bikes look thrown together and shoddy. You can see it all over the frame.

Maybe it's just an appearance thing, but to me, it matters.

650 is a gud bike
500 is a scooter

It depends what you want. Hondas will only rarely set the world on fire in terms of flashy features or bleeding edge power but what you do get is an immensely reliable bike that's extremely well polished and refined.

Ultimately, the best thing you can do is take a test ride of everything that's within your budget and looks like it might meet your requirements.

Is that your bike OP? Can you tell me if those calipers are 6 piston or just 3 piston? The earlier 2000s Hayabusas ran 6 piston calipers that looked like that so I assumed they also used them in some of the earlier GSXR 1000s but I asked someone about it one time and he just told me they were only 3 piston with a plate on the back (none on the other side)

i think gsxr 750 and 1000 came with 6 pots

I've owned 4 Honda bikes, an 04 CBR600F4i that I sold with 40k miles on it and still see it being ridden by some college kid who I guess is like the 5th owner now. I had a CBR929, a Honda Shadow 1100, was a good cruiser but I found I didnt like cruisers all that much, and a Nighthawk 750, it was a bullet proof bike but very unexciting. My favorite bikes have all been Yamaha's

>Get on a VFR
>The gravitational effects of the bike add an extra 200lbs to my body weight
>Literally can't get off
>try to take a corner
>the suspension dives so hard i sink into the earth
>come out in the middle of japan
>"wow, this bike handles great"

The Africa Twin is worth the money IMO. What you get is a big dirt bike off the road and a reliable tourer on the road that's just a hair underpowered (it will still do 130mph comfortably fully laden with big boxes but it's really more at home under 100mph) as well as more relaxed than any bike with close to a foot of ground clearance and 8' of suspension travel (there's a speed hump near my home that was the bane of my existence on my naked & sports tourer, as well as my car, it's an absolute joy to fly over on the Twin) has any business being.

The suspension, out of the box, is set up for svelte Japanese people, not fatty fatty gaijins.

>The Jap bikes have welds that look like art
really?
have you ever had a closer look at them?
pic related

cool cool, people say that the more forward position can be kinda crappy after a long time. Just cause i have had a cruiser for so long, i was looking at the bolt and it looks pretty reliable, but is there anything i could do that would cause less strain on the back if i ended up getting a R6? maybe R3? Other than getting a more straight sitting bike like the Fz-09 or the YZF-R6

just wait till this shit finally comes out

that would be because the cb500f and cbr500 are designed to be cheap budget bikes that look like their big brothers but have none of the performance.

Setting the preload won't change the spring rates

It's set up for casually cruising down moderately bumpy roads. Sports tourer actually means sporty looking tourer.

I'll be interested to see how it comes out in the end but I don't have high hopes, 2 of my friends ride Yamahas (MT-06 and MT-09), they do most of their riding in the summer and, after just half the number of miles, look like bikes that spent a decade in a damp salt mine, despite their owners being even more dedicated to cleaning and corrosion protection than I am.

Cool Cool, i like reliable that is why i am kinda pushing away from my harley... its a 92 but still runs pretty well being carboureted and all. also the straight up position is probably pretty comfy for those long rides huh? Do you know of any adventure bikes that are good but maybe have a lower price range?

That's why you change the rebound dampening.

>3rd world shithole

Go back to mexico cuck

There's Honda's CB500X and NC700X which are both half the price of the Africa Twin

I had an FJ-09 prior to trading it in for my R6, it has a very upright seating position which you would think is more conducive to comfort. Last year my friends and I rode from LA to the Grand Canyon, took about 11 hours. At most I could do about 1.5 hours seat time on the FJ before having to take a break.

On my R6, my buddy and I rode from LA to SD, about 2 hours, 4 hours round trip. The only reason I was sore from that ride is because right before getting back into LA I hit a giant pothole on the 405N and fell. My Honda supersports I remember being ungodly uncomfortable but for some reason my R6 is the comfiest bike I've ever owned. Some people say the GSXR is the most comfy super sport but when I sat on one I felt like my legs were up to high.

If you want to buy a sport bike and later find that it's too uncomfortable there's a lot of different options. The best one is probably lower foot pegs and helibars.

helibars.com/products/HeliBars®-TracStar™-handlebar-risers-for-Yamaha-YZF-R6-2008%2donwards/624.html

KTM 790 Adventure gunna btfo

>Sitting at a red light on my bike
>Guy with a cbr125 shitbike rolls up
>Tells me "That's a nice bike!"
>"Thanks. Y-you too."
>He looks away and putts forward
Did he know I was just being nice and figure fuck this guy? Seemed like he was kind of mad

kek your autisms collided

living in Florida, I'd rather live in Mexico.

Maybe for like the first 2000 miles until the warranty expires and then the frame shatters while simultaneously combusting

>ktm unreliability meme
It's not a dirt bike user.

>More expensive things are better
amazing revelation

>i like reliable
Mine started up without a hiccup after sitting in the garage for 4 months (neck injury) without a trickle charger.

>pretty comfy for those long rides huh
I did Chamonix to Calais in one day (600 miles with the slight detour to grab some local produce south of Chamonix) and it was absurdly easy, to the point that I didn't carry on back home to the Midlands was because I had a non refundable hotel booked.

>Do you know of any adventure bikes that are good but maybe have a lower price range?

Depends whether you care about off road ability or just adventure styling (i.e. wider, higher bars, longer suspension). If it's the latter, look at the Versys and Vstrom 650s but, be warned, that they're very much just nakeds with the aforementioned modifications. They also have, in my opinion, pretty chintzy parts in certain areas.

sweet man, so i guess its more about adjusting to make things fit your body as it seems and there is a LOT of products out there to readjust and then some, so thanx for the input. I have been riding the same bike for like...6 years now. So, you have definitely swayed me on which certain motorcycles to maybe look more closely at and more so test drive.

This, with the 1090 coming in as one of the lightest and most powerful ADV bikes i'm curious to see how it turns out. the only problem is it'll be Ptwin.

Jesus, how badly were you bullied as a kid?

The guy compliments your choice in a bike he clearly can't have for whatever reason and you assume he's got to have some other motive.