So I can get a $14k government incentive on this thing...

So I can get a $14k government incentive on this thing. The new 2016 and 2017 models are apparently greatly improved and it's getting good reviews across the board. After the incentive it actually ends up being cheaper than a Prius, as well as being faster and plug-in.

What do you think Veeky Forums, is the Volt a good buy?

Other urls found in this thread:

fleetcarma.com/chevrolet-volt-low-resale-value/
youtube.com/watch?v=TEnJFxF_jWo&t=182s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why? You can get a used one for 15k.

The older Volts are not nearly as good as the new ones:

fleetcarma.com/chevrolet-volt-low-resale-value/

The older volts are better because they look better. The new one was designed with pedestrian safety in mind and therefore shit.

>buying a used eletric car
would you buy a used computer?

they are disposable

The old ones are pretty cool to see on the road. But the newer car is better, the styling blends in better too.

Shut up

How do they look better? They look the exact same to me, except they have a much weaker battery.

Yes. Both my laptops were used. Why pay 1300 for a MacBook pro that hasn't changed in 3 years when you can get a nice one for 400 bucks?

>they are disposable
Because the average normalfag has no grasp of how they've destroyed their OS by being an idiot.
They're usually just a reinstall away from running like new. My system drive in my windows box install is 6 years old and has run 3 different computers no reinstall needed. People are dumb.

Look the front. See how the old one is straighter? See how the new one slopes down? It's shit.

Okay I see that now, but:

old one: 1.4L engine, electric range of 38 miles, 37MPG in gas mode, 0-60 = 9 seconds, requires premium gas

new one: 1.5L engine, electric range of 53 miles, 42MPG in gas mode, 0-60 = 7 seconds, can use regular gas

>$14,000 rebate
I thought it was $7,500

Canadian dollary doos

Every extra dollar you spend kills your return on investment. You want the cheapest car possible that gets the best mpg.

Which is why I was considering a Prius C, but then I don't get any government bucks

What do you drive now?

This, I had to buy a Macbook pro for college so I just got a 4 year old one in good shape from a local shop. A year later still going strong. I dunno why you would drop over $1000 for a fuckin laptop lol. Same people that would take a six year plan on a Nissan juke. Dumbasses

Im not talking of OS bugs, im talking about hardware wear, and it also does get outdated.
If you get a 5year old laptop it will be running at best at 60% of its full potencial when new. Even if it was new, at 100% it would be a outdated and slow for today standards, so why bother?

MacBooks are built better and will last longer without getting too outdated, because the software is made JUST for that specific machine and Apple wont change their models that often. Also they never had great performance and their use isnt the most demanding. I guess you will only notice the battery life and case wear.
But if you buy a 3year old gaming laptop you will probably get what i mean

In that case $14000 maplebuks is cheap as shit

Why not get a Geo? Vastly cheaper, hit the bottom of depreciation, and gets the same mpg.

>Macfags
>Retarded

Unsurprising!

I've heard good things. Just be aware that the there is no rear bench. It's two seats split in the middle by the battery pack. If you never have more than 3 other people with you it's not an issue though. Great space with the rear hatch, good range, reliable. I'd buy it

Illiteracy detected.

I said in the post that I was forced to get a Mac by my college. I know it is shit. That's why I compared it to a Nissan juke you mongoloid.

so it was already shit new, thats why you dont notice a used laptop is shit

The point is that it works just like a new one would.

I'm honestly convinced that you can't actually read 1/3 of the words we adults are using. Otherwise you would surely be capable of the very basic understanding that I'm having to supply you right now.

ok then, you made your point
if you buy a used car that was shitty new, it will still be shitty used
nice protip

I've thought about the Volt myself, but its bigger than I generally like my daily driver to be.
I've also thought about the Model 3 which is going to be a bit smaller, but that would be new and seems like massive overkill though its range and charging network would get me to about 99% use which might let me sell my other car off.

Used Leafs are about 12k, and a used Fiat 500e runs about 8k all things considered, and even if they've lost some range my daily commute is well under half their rated range. So I'm seriously considering one of those instead.

>unironically considering buying an electric car
/numale general/?

Because every Geo is a rusted piece of shit that smells like 20 year old farts, and girls will think you're a poorfag

Get lost Cletus, the intelligent people are discussing solutions to the upcoming oil shortage

How's that different than a Volt?

Funny how Rob released a video about this.

youtube.com/watch?v=TEnJFxF_jWo&t=182s

TL:DR lease or avoid it over buying.

>how is a 20 year old vehicle different from a brand new one

What about regular hybrids then?

A volt would allow you to sell the rest of your cars, there is no need to have a backup if there is no potential to get stuck somewhere.