Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

nashville.craigslist.org/mcy/6011598722.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw no new forkless shoops in forever

How often do you guys squid?

I only wear a helmet on the streets.

Leather/armored jacket / gloves if I'm going to go on the freeway

When the weather is good, all the time. If I'm going on a spirited ride though, I gear up

>flat track tuck
>not grabbing the fork leg

failure

pretty much never unless im just going around the corner or in the paddock at the track, other than that ATGATT

crank up the preload in the rear, check tire pressure and probably up it a couple psi as well, make sure they know not to shift weight retardedly at random and to just lean with you and stuff

ATGATT faggot

Never. Just buy gear on Craigslist.

literally atgatt

Rarely before my accident
Now I wear everything but kevlar pants all the time

enjoy your road rash

>Rarely before my accident
I meant I rarely wore gear other than a helmet before my accident, so I'd squid a lot

thx for clearing that up capt obv

Dude, my hip hurt more than anything else.
And that was just parking lot practice. (Rain, first month, other excuse...)

i'd just wear a hoodie if i'm a short fuck-it trip.

jacket for the longer rides towards VA Beach and shit like that, i fucking hate VA Beach's murderous congested traffic with a passion.

at night it's not so shitty

first bit that goes down when you lowside.

what happens to your hands when you fall off?

np pal

used to squid pretty bad. nothing crazy, just jeans, slippers, and a t-shirt, and shitty gloves. helmet too obviously.

went down on a turn and the only thing I really fucked up was my hip and ankles (tehy were sore for a few days) and got some road rash on my elbows

Older bikes don't have lights.
All the (vintage flight suits) all the time

i have my alpinestar gloves too, they're hi-viz and 'winter proof' which is a fucking lie whilst riding in 20 degrees.

i guess i'll add my work boots, the jeans and a thermal underneath

Is anybody watching the filtering bill in their state?
I noticed all the sponsors are (R), don't other leftists realize no stops=less gas?

Yes

That feel when lonely but in fourth place.

>2017
>Being a Leftist

>muh leftists hate lanesplitting
>"commiefornia" is only state that allows lanesplitting

>filtering bill
My state already drops the ball on easy votes like open carry, do you really expect me to think they'll pass something as convoluted as filtering?

>easy votes like open carry,
In what world is open carry an easy vote

Not him but Illinois is retarded about it.

CCW is legal but OC is illegal.

>genius

Are these any good?

One came up for sale in my area, might go take a look.

nashville.craigslist.org/mcy/6011598722.html

Illinois, Florida, California and the District of Columbia prohibit openly carrying any firearms. There is literally no reason for Florida to be on that list

Asked generally a few days ago, but now I've narrowed down some details.

If I got a short pipe exhaust and removed my giant can exhaust, and I kept the baffle in the short pipe, would that require me getting a power commander and tuning it to the short exhaust specifically? The short pipe is just a slip on. The consensus a few days ago when I asked generally about slip ons was "no, stock tune should be fine for a slip on", but since the one I like is extremely small compared to the stock exhaust, would that change anything? It's pretty 50/50 going through some forums, so I'm not sure if I'd have to drop $300-$400 on a power commander and more to get it tuned.

It is the Harley with the greatest lean angle. They're supposed to be a stylized tribute to flat track racers. Still will get smoked by almost any serious street bike in the twistys.

That's a pretty good price for that particular bike though.

Twisty riding is maybe 5% of what I do. I'd use it on my 90 mile commute. Are the 1200cc engines generally reliable?

note: ive ridden a ninja 250 and a klx250sf on the same commute.

Why would you buy a Harley that looks like a 70's UJM? If you're going to buy a Harley (and I wouldn't) at least buy one that LOOKS like a Harley.

(The leftie)
Open makes more sense anyway. My Panther uncles both agree.

The way the WA version is written is pretty simple. Top l/s speed is 45, don't be a dick.
Reduce congestion, save the planet, sell more bikes.

(I don't care about your dictator until Gestapo breaches the border. I have enough trouble already, pointing out that in the West neoliberalism IS the conservative position.)

As always the answer is 'it depends'
It will definitely throw off the tuning but I doubt anyone here actually knows how much the ECU can compensate for it, some can do a decent job.
It will probably still run pretty close to normal if your baffle is sensible but you might lose/gain power in certain parts of your rpm.

Just get the new pipe if you want it, put it on and see how it rides, if it really rides like shit, hard to start etc you'll know it will need a tune but you might be happy enough with the stock tune. Most mufflers will generally still run without tuning other than some Hondas which have very restrictive stock mufflers.

Did you ever stop to think why it looks like a UJM? Like maybe the UJM was designed after a certain American made motorcycle brand?

You stepped on the punji stick with that one my friend

Because he wants a UJM that will break.
Just buy Yamaha.

Assuming it starts fine and there's only a small shift in power location, would running the stock tune risk causing damage over time, or would I only risk that if it was noticeably running worse?

By that logic, EVERY BIKE is designed to look like an Indian.

Cool, well either way the XR1200 is a throwback to the XR750. The XR750 is the most successful motorycle in AMA history.

Dumb dumbpost

gud

So, I copped this 91 nighthawk 250, because USD900 is college money.
I read it uses the same engine as the last generation rebel, but where do I get body parts?
The jackass who owned it last bent the bars, and cracked a side fairing dicking around with the battery.

ebay
bikebandit

get an AMA membership, it pays for itself if you use bikebandit or other sites with AMA discount to buy parts and tires

plus if you happen to unfortunately live in a state that doesnt allow filtering, they will support any efforts to legalize it in your state

The only difference between a stock XR1200 and the AMA racebike is a steering damper, boat tail, number plate, V&H exhaust, and rearsets.

And Honda just dropped an 1100cc turd designed after their big 750.
What's the point in buying something that big if you want to go around a corner?

That's the same engine they've been using in the sporster for a million years so yeah, it's pretty much got all the bugs worked out.

Compared to what you've been riding, it's going to have a massive bottom end off the line but not much up top.

If it's running noticeably hotter it should really get a tune.

You could check the plugs for abnormal wear but there's no guarantee it will show. Unless you're pretty much racing it IMO there probably won't be a big difference if you leave the intake all stock.
What bike are we talking about here?

2006 CBR 600 F4i. Have been wanting a smaller exhaust since fall since the stock one is absolutely enormous.

tfw no qt squid gf

I hope you get ass cancer

I own a triumph but I still haven't been able to attract a girl.

What am I doing wrong?

Have you tried showering regularly?

Is this the common way to get into racing in this country? I've been considering doing small displacement when I get cash for something newer.

overrated

Bikes pretty-much attract men. Women who care tend to have a chip on their shoulder because people like you harass them at every meet.
Or get a ducati. If you have that kind of money, you don't need the bike.

pretty much

How do rear wheel bike stands work? I'm looking at getting on for my R3 (inb4 memebike) so I can lube the chain easier etc. Does any rear wheel stand work? How do you actually put it on the stand by yourself? Do you leave the bike on its sidestand then wheel the stand thing under the rear wheel and lift it up? But won't the bike be sideways? I'm confused.

You hold the bike up straight and lift it with the rear stand.

It's a 300. Just manhandle it.

Withmine i leave it on the side stand.
>put rear stamd in position
>hold front brake
>push down on stand with foot
Magically raises in the air

With mine i leave it on the rear stand
>put side stand up
>put foot in position
>hold down rear brake
It magically falls over

But how do you do that by yourself without the bike tipping over? Do you straighten the front wheel, then tilt it straight by holding onto the rear seat? Won't it tip over?

How do you reach that far back with your leg? Or am I overthinking this all a little too much.

>only a small shift in power location
You might feel a slight increase up top from the increased flow but other than that I think it will all just be in your head. When you're making a lot of noise you trick yourself into thinking you're going faster.

>not having a center stand
Lmao @ ur life

>not having a running bike
lmaoing@urlife

R u avin a giggle m8?
>How do you reach that far back with your leg?
Im 6'6" you can put a block in front of the wheel too. You just dont want to chase the bike around the garage.

put a brick or something under your kickstand to hold it up straighter, or have a friend hold it, or just hold it yourself by the tail (and dont drop it)

Your old man bike doesnt have one either does it?
Gigglin real hard over ere m80

>not having kitkat filtered
lmaoing@urlife

>Lmaoing@hislife
Lmaoing@diarrhea

2 tru. I went through the carbs again tonight, going to slam them back together and see if it works. It ran veggie, just like shit because the idle circuit was fukt.

It's hot a center stand, and helmet lock and tool kit and a few other things

>literally shitposting.
Neat. Ive never seen a cruiser with one.

Ok. The brick under stand sounds workable. Thx senpai

Anyone wanna go riding?

You murder a pregnant bitch on that pillon seat
Or is that your period stain?

Yeah the 80s Honda's I've owned have been chock full of features. I guess it's how they moved bikes in big numbers

Id say ye but im on my second fofth and this just got interestin

Taillight from my car that I park in front of it

Looks wierd though, like spraypaint or something.
Go to bed onion

>Onion
Triggered

Yeah I know. In the light it's normal though. Vinyl reflects light really well.

Did he ever come back and say they made it?
Im pretty sure he killed his friends.

Safe to say he stole the bikes and is living alone with his collection of pool noodles

What is this fresh new meme?

>Toolkit
>Helmet lock

That shit has been standard on Honda's since the 60's.

>he doesnt know

Went for 3hr ride yesterday thx senpai

>Dude spam posts onions for 4 hours
>apologizes then asks if he can fit three bikes in back of his truck
>he and two (roomates)? Going from Wisconsin to Florida
>mentions he's not stopping the way there
>mentions he crashed the last time he did a drive that long
>blamed it on benadryl
Some anons thought he was planning on crashing to kill the friends and take the bikes or something.
>went back to posting onions iirc

You forgot the pool noodles
>didnt want to use pillows between the bikes in the bed
>they remined him of mother
>said he can use pool noodles instead
>repeatedly mention his collection of them
>there were many pool noodles
He typed a certain way, dude was 1000% autistic.

What on earth is a fofth?
Not long enough.

holy fuck I love this nigga

He killed his mother for sure
He didn't really make a big deal out of the pool toys though
He just said he had a few

Indian good tho