youtube.com/watch?v=LTj4yDKcRJk
youtube.com/watch?v=_Xu9DoG3Gak
youtube.com/watch?v=LHXoxZRSv-I
youtube.com/watch?v=Ob7BhzpPvNY
youtube.com/watch?v=Lz628gYZE5M
npr.org/2009/11/29/120716625/the-deadliest-roads-are-rural
youtube.com/watch?v=_p1c8d_Hieg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Would you like legs with your overpriced VW?

Why are new cars so bad at crash tests?

I was looking at test results for cars from 2000-2007 and they did really good, for example my is300 got a high rating

Then I looked at a brand new BMW for comparison and it does worse.. what the hell?

should have bought a tesla
>being so retarded you have to ask this question

Cars are actually doing really well, however the IIHS isn't even digging holes for their goalposts anymore. Any time a vehicle actually looks like it might beat all their tests they move the target again.

>2017
>Getting into a crash
Git gud

>He hasn't watched the Tesla small overlap test

There was nothing wrong with the dummy's legs in the crash though. It was the seat belt.

>Getting into a crash in the first place

Stop being a bad driver

you cant help it when some careless nigger crashes into you though

Between the Camaro, Mustang, and Challenger, the Camaro was the only car to receive a good rating for the small overlap test by the IIHS.

The Volt received a higher rating than the Tesla Model S in the small overlap test.

>GM strong

Now, if they could just improve their trucks...

Why do people suddenly give a shit about safety? knowing Veeky Forums if they were in charge they would just have 90s or 80s safety standards with airbags if that.

those biohazard auction threads probably

People are naturally bad drivers.

I wonder how long until the crash tests are some final destination shit

Windshield log test

They change the tests every other year to be something crazier and crazier.

lol good thing I'm already missing a leg

americans don't have functioning legs to begin with

>projecting his retardism onto other
typical phonse.

>small over lap test

into the trash

The Stig's american cousin seems to lug his fat ass around just fine when doing spirited driving.

You may be looking at results for the "moderate overlap into deformable barrier" test for the older cars. This was the standard until 2012(?) when the IIHS introduced the "small overlap" test. This new test is much harder on cars, as it concentrates the crash onto a smaller part. Most cars didn't score well on this test in 2012, but now most do.

What sort of crash is this? Under what normal circumstances am I going to ram headfirst into two separate solid objects as perfectly placed as this?

A plane crash

>tfw they put the good soda on the top self

Stop living in a shithole then you won't have this problem

>tfw you can feel your legs after ramming a van full of Antifa

FJ a tank

>I'm going to show you cherry picked images at an angle that makes you think something worse happened
Small overlap crashes do not move the engine to where your legs are

None of those crashes are straight up head on. They are those ones where it only hits like 30% of the front.

looks pretty fuckin shooped to me in all three.

>Bragging about a 35mph crash not killing you

If you look at the bottom picture you can see that the hood didn't even completely crumple. If it wasn't for the wheel getting torn off you could probably drive away still.

>alloy wheel
>broken like that
>brake still bolted on
yeah, nah, good try tho.

>like 30% of the front.
Try 15%
Nope. legit crash tests. From the IIHS small overlap crash test. Puts 100% of the force of a crash concentrated onto like 15 % of the overall frontal area.
youtube.com/watch?v=LTj4yDKcRJk
youtube.com/watch?v=_Xu9DoG3Gak
youtube.com/watch?v=LHXoxZRSv-I

Keep in min the Camaro and Mustang crashes were rated good, their highest rating. With the exception of the Challenger, they're all very safe cars.

and for shits and giggles, here's the test referenced here:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ob7BhzpPvNY

>showing us a small overlap result so it looks like a moderate overlap crash

Thans OP you fucking fag

The Mustang was rated "acceptable". Only the Camaro was rated "good".

I imagine at a certain point manufacturers will just opt to install ejection seats instead of making the car survivable. Honestly the weight savings is probably worth all the blood vessels in your eyes popping if you get in a crash. Not sure how they'll make sure you don't bite your tongue off though.

This is what happens due to CAFE standards. Everything is based on MPG, so every year, shit gets lighter and lighter, to eek out more MPG. In real world crashes, 99% of the time, the heavier vehicle comes out better.

Even if the roof, door, and dash all folded in on you and crushed your bones, you would still be more likely to survive if you remain inside the car than being thrown out of it in any matter.

Well there'd be a parachute, or maybe an airbag bubble, possibly both.

That's strange

These are small overlap tests. It's not like the whole car disintegrates. They crumple more now to absorb more energy and hurt the driver less.

Mustang and Camato both lose points for not having retard assists and mustang lost points for rear seat belts not being amazing.

>browses Veeky Forums
>not at least indifferent with being killed

its as if you learned nothing at all from the memes

Small overlap tests are retarded imo.

No, this is what happens because people are too damn retarded to pay the price of quality and insist on cheaper cars, so they get shit materials.

Carbon fibre monocoques should be fitted to all cars.

Is this what happens when Americans are left to design the chassis on a car?
>tfw zeta platform

These are small overlap tests you fucking retards. Maybe 15% of the car hits the object. From the side it looks terrible, but the engine probably hasn't moved in reality.

That looks like a 30% overlap test famalam

is the OP not?

Wow you guys got strong utes.

ehh did pretty damned good on all the tests in any case.
>5 star rating
youtube.com/watch?v=Lz628gYZE5M

lol but even so its succcc extremely SUCCCCCC

Notice how the ute's hood is crumpled and the cars in the OP pic have mostly straight hoods?

not really, looks like the hoods in the OP car pics just disintegrated, at least the first one did, part of the hood is flying past the drivers door

That's the fender, the small overlap test basically just rips that side of the car off.

Comparison

christ those yank cars are fucked they even fucked our great design in the new camero

fuckk

Nigger the Commo is hitting like twice the area of course it's going to fair better

nigger its the same platform the yanks just cant engineer their chassis for rigidity or crash safety fuck sake

The new Camara is based on the CTS platform, for one, and two, how do you still not understand that these are two different tests? Cars got too good at regular overlap so they made small overlap. The Commo is doing a regular overlap test. The Mustang and Camaro are doing a small overlap test.

I fucking hate crash safety. You or someone near you fucks up, too bad. Deal.

Now this is retardation. That being said, I wish they made some exemptions, such as 2 seaters. The viper didn't deserve to die over side curtain airbags.

I was being extreme for the sake of it. I'm okay with it, just fuckin tone it down. It's way overdone. It ruins designs as well.

You'd think putting in a factory harness would suffice for preventing passenger ejection.

if harambe had the guts to jump on through to the other side, then so can i

its always real nigga hours when youre dead

GG Mustang...fug

hahahah

This. Kys

I can't wait. Possibly then will people realize that these ratings are meaningless

Camaro also lost points for roof strength. The Mustang actually had the retard assists available.

>the cars that get top ratings do so because by that point the windshield is too small for the log to fit through

>the cars that get top ratings do so because by that point the windshield is too small for the log to fit through
People still drop big rocks from bridges going over freeways. Those go right through the windshield and in many cases also go right through the front seat and get stopped by the back seat (which has a solid metal back due to trunk compartment).

Good for memeing on the internet.

>Why do people suddenly give a shit about safety?
The non-trolls in Veeky Forums always have.

Your shitty lexus would get sheared in half by the small offset crash you nigger. They invented this new crash test because everything was doing great so they had to justify their existence.

>he thinks 35mph frontal is a hard test to do well on
lel put your fj on a small overlap test and see what happens

>rock going

Do air bags help that much or are they more of a comfort thing? Is it really healthy for the side of someone's head to be hit with the equivalent of a gunshot?

Airbags are actually responsible for most minor injuries in low-speed crashes.
I can attest to that. I had an airbag deploy and sprained both my wrists because of it.
At the same time, airbags also help prevent fatalities and major injuries in high-speed crashes.

The front B pillar is really bent and crushed inwards on the Mustang, which suggest damage and debris in the cabin, while the Camaro has relatively little bending on the B pillar.
Also on the Camaro, the wheel is thrown clear, while on the Mustang, it jams inside the wheel well and forces in further.
That's what I can see, there is probably more too.

Probably reason #1 that really old cars aren't popular on Veeky Forums.

>safety
it's like you have a reason to live. what, do you have a real girlfriend instead of a waifu waiting for you in the next dimension or something?

And all this should teach you is to ram that fucker instead of dodging and failing. Fuck, put a giant bullbar on your car and see who's laughing then.

kek if you actually believe this while people are driving around in 80's airbagless tincans.

Probably has more to do with

>rarity for one that actually still runs
>rust and general cleanliness
>EXTREME boomer tax

Pretty sure that's the more immediate threats of being impaled on the steering column and the general money-sucking unreliability that persists until you've completely rebuilt the thing

why? they accurately represent real-world scenarios that frequently kill people, like hitting a power pole or k-rail on the end.

Also hitting another car head-on of the same weight and at the same speed.

I wish all rural highways were required to be separated by a concrete barrier. People drifting over into oncoming traffic is far too common. It almost killed my sister and grandmother.

npr.org/2009/11/29/120716625/the-deadliest-roads-are-rural

So once all cars start passing the small meme test, what's next?
Are they gonna open fire on one with a 50 cal and refer to it as a "road debris test" or some shit?

I think about it every time I drive on them. "Who thought putting two lanes of opposite traveling cars at high speed was a good idea"? It's the second worst possible method, short of having both directions share a single lane.

This

> by a 5 star rating car from a few years back
> lol it's only like a 3 star but we don't update our ratings

That's why I drive a 82 Volvo

I honestly can't think of anything else, other than increasing the speed of the current tests.

I think the small overlap and moderate overlap tests should be increased to 55 MPH, because that's the maximum speed of roads where the design of them allows this to happen.

>AnCap
>Flies the Yellow and Black
>not making the car out of sheet metal and plastic for less weight and more profit
This should be rated zero on an AnCap scale. Absolutely disgusting.

>wanting to live at all after ruining ur car

>no nuke launcher in the bed

Not even test ready.

you drive a 82 volvo because you're poor

oh, i see, that isn't a head on collision... its a clip.

I was a bit confused for a second, it looked like the entire front end disappeared but really its just behind the barrier.

It didn't used to be like this here. I guess years of indoctrination does this.

>americans in charge of engineering

youtube.com/watch?v=_p1c8d_Hieg