Opinions on BMW 330ci, 540i, and Mercedes SLK 320 like pic related? Gonna get one for under 5k soon...

Opinions on BMW 330ci, 540i, and Mercedes SLK 320 like pic related? Gonna get one for under 5k soon. Anywhere from late nineties to 2006. which is best rank them 1-3, 1 being I should buy that shit

slk 320 is kinda eugh all around, you should be looking at a w211 e class instead

330ci and 540i are both great but feel very different. test drive both then start considering other factors like interior space, whether or not you'll have guests, what examples you can find with lots of maintenance history

ye I want a beam so bad but the maintenance scares me. 540i I cant find below like 170k miles and driven to diddly heck most likely

maintenance on the slk will be just as bad if not worse and probably a little harder to work on
bmw maintenance is a thing, but if you get one that was well cared for it's way less of a problem. most chassis (like e46, e39) have a list of common problems you just watch out for, and preferably fix before it actually breaks. cooling systems for instance are a rank bitch

they're absolutely worth it though, and there's plenty of online information, especially about the e46, to any problem you may have ever

I had a 330ci for a year.
>steering wheel points out the drivers' side window
>seat doesn't go low enough to not rub my head on roof
>dual mass flywheel annoying in creep-mode traffic

Car looks cool though. Also consider a 530i with manual. Should be more reliable than the V8 version (timing chain guide issues).

never buying an automatic car. first was manual fuckstang and now I need something not as douchey and better brakes and turning

timing chain guides are a big job but you do them once for the like of the car, basically

to do TCGs, vanos modules, and all the seals/filters while your in there is about $1800 in parts and several weekends of time, but it'll run incredibly well afterward and you're done with that for 150k miles or more

if you find a car that has already had that done, BUY.IT.

All of those are going to be shit for 5k. A good 330ci is around 7k+ and a good 540i is like 6-9k. SLK Is shit. Both should only be considered in manual form with maintenance records and an adult owner.

this is kinda true yeah, although i could see a higher mileage really well maintained 330ci for 5k. mileage doesnt matter much with good maintenance

why is slk so shitty

chick car, heavy, numb to drive

o shit it's a chick car? like porsche boxsters

You should consider a 530i, specifically a sport pack manual. You sacrifice some power but its considerably lighter than the 540, has rack and pinion steering, and is less problematic. It's not as sporty or fast as the e46, but it's a better car in all other aspects.

I owned an e46 3 series and currently own the first gen SLK, Mercedes is better in any fucking aspect, bmw's are overrated.

Slk will destroy that beemer, is also a lot better built.

Get a pre vanos 540i, 97-98 I believe, more reliable and more power.

If you want to update the look to face lift just get the msport/m5 bumpers and lights.

i've driven the first gen SLK and it is no where near a 330ci
you probably owned a beat to shit e46 with the smallest engine

apples to apples, a 320 slk will be quicker then a 330ci

Any of those are going to be a shit heap that needs a lot of work for $5k

Yes. Boxster is about 3x more manly than a SLK even because it's at least a fun car.

SLK just sucks in every way.

This.

Based on this, you'd have to go with a 540, as it's probably been maintained the best is the most reliable. 330s are always ragged around.

The SLK isn't worth considering, although, my mother enjoys hers.

540i

But watch out for timing chain guides.
>t. 540i wagon owner