Thanks for killing pop-up headlights, yurop

thanks for killing pop-up headlights, yurop

Other urls found in this thread:

slate.com/blogs/the_eye/2013/10/22/pop_up_headlights_why_the_hidden_headlamp_has_disappeared.html
gov.uk/government/publications/individual-vehicle-approval-iva-for-cars-help-to-get-a-pass/individual-vehicle-approval-iva-for-cars-help-to-get-a-pass
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are there any more pictures like this? Modern cars with popups?

popups are objectively shit

they got killed because there is no reason to have them

I would buy that car

Would this be legal if you made it yourself?

Cause I'd fucking do it

this its just another thing that can go wrong
no

Start stealing them off firebirds
Only thing keeping them from being catfish

dawww it looks so happy

wow I almost like that thing now

sports cars look best when they had hidden lights

take for example how great the NSX looked until they got rid of them

thats why I like the design of the new one, it's chinky lights sort of just blend into the grille and it looks like the original hidden-light NSX

Would it be possible to put popups on a car like ?

There are many things on cars that you don't need to have

and most of them improve a car

popups have 0 objective pros

now configure pop up headlights here.

But a lot of them are to make the car look better
You twat

not objective

and popups look awful

What if we get rid of all the things on a car that are meant to make it look better

We don't need them, right?

most cars have what they need and not much else

if there are aesthetic features its not as much of a setback as popups

what is it like to have such objectively shit taste?

something tells me you realize the answer better than I will ever know

no problem, enjoy not having to replace those motors when your car starts blinking like a gay man signaling his boypussy is ready to be plowed

There is no reason it would be illegal. As long as it passes inspection, it's fine. A dune buggy can pass inspection with no doors or a roof. If you want to experience what it's like with "pop up lights" just glue two 6x6 blocks of wood to your hood and enjoy how fucked your aerodynamics are...

I think he means technically
You can do it and no one will stop you but there was a bill or something passed stating its unsafe to pedestrians because if they get hit with a pop up headlight car itll hurt more
Which you can say is retarded because id thinking getting hit with a car is gonna hurt no later what boner its got

Honestly, I can't think of any popups that I like that aren't on 80s wedgeboxes. They work really well on them, but on everything else it seems out of place when they're up.

>muh tagumeeh animu
>le popups look of le good

Fuck off y'all.

This.

Pop-up lights are shit, they brake, they add extra weight and shit on aerodynamics.

>they brake

That actually is kinda cute and I'd drive it.

I tried.

>brake
I love it when retards try to use words like a big person

>most cars have what they need and not much else
HAHAHAHAHA

Freezing rain killed pop-up lights.

cool opinions, into the trash they go

>most cars have what they need

i didn't realize useless safety """"features"""" & bullshit technology were what cars needed

kill yourself

>n-nobody cares about safety
>everybody wants to kill themselves like me
I'm sorry, user. You're retarded.

Yet we're the ones where you can buy this thing new from the factory, while in America everything is a blob with 18 airbags and a reverse camera.

Cars don't need plastic panels everywhere. There's a ton of shit on the car, especially the interior, that's purely aesthetic.

You can literally buy a Caterham any day in America

They're using a loophole for kit cars and sell them without drivetrains. At that point they're not new production cars.

Nah, they offer the entire thing as a "kit" engine and all

The beauty is the classification means you can do whatever the fuck you want to your car

My friend got his Ultima GTR like that and he never has to smog it while living in commiefornia of all places

america has harsher car safety laws, dumb burger

Plus lets not forget you are sue-happy fags and that means pop-ups failing means huge liability

pop up headlights have always been shit

it was faggy yurop that implemented pedestrian safety shit that killed off pop ups for the rest of the world, yurocuck. Literally nothing good comes out of your shit continent. We should've nuked you guys instead

>shitty opinion
cringe

Pop up headlights are a fad with ricers born in the 80s and 90s who watch too much top gear and anime

prove me wrong

Nuke us.
You'll be left with incredebly shitty american cars and amazing japanese cars and no inbetween.

>This asshurt his m3 got BTFO by a Cadillac

You know you can leave them open when you turn the car off, and wind them up manually, right?

I can't tell if you're being ironic or are just this severely mentally retarded

Yeah GM really cared about the 5 yuropeans that buy a corvette

>You know you can leave them open when you turn the car off, and wind them up manually, right?
Sounds like an awesome thing to do in freezing rain

It never did tho

>Being this retarded
slate.com/blogs/the_eye/2013/10/22/pop_up_headlights_why_the_hidden_headlamp_has_disappeared.html

Euro laws do not ban pop-ups it states the front end should be more doformable, unlike US laws, which strictly ban concealed lights

Dumb ameriburger, no wonder Trump won

>corvette is the only car ever with popup lights

have you ever gone outside?

Worth it for having popups when it's not freezing rain.

Also you could just not put them down if you're expecting rain/snow/ice etc.

What other american cars with popups were sold in yurop?

gov.uk/government/publications/individual-vehicle-approval-iva-for-cars-help-to-get-a-pass/individual-vehicle-approval-iva-for-cars-help-to-get-a-pass

You might be able to build a one-off car with popups

this is why the US Spec Citroen DS doesn't have the plastic covers over the headlights

are you trying to meme on me? the source you provided literally says the complete opposite of what you said

>Headlamp concealment devices are still legal, and regulations for manufacturing them can be found under the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s Standard No. 108.
>STILL LEGAL IN THE US

>What’s changed in the last decade have been European design laws requiring the front end of cars to be more readily deformable—a move intended to protect pedestrians in case of a crash.
>YUROP DESIGN LAWS
>YUROP READING COMPREHENSION

Would buy

>"Although the EU rulings don’t govern cars in the United States, auto manufacturers operate globally, so the diminished global desire for hidden headlamps has affected our bumpers too"

>Blame Europe for globalisation.
That's a first...

Besides, it doesn't say pop-up headlights are illegal in Europe, it says it's difficult to work around the laws so they stopped it. I think you're getting angry for the sake of it.

Wow, americans are unironically this fucking stupid!

> “Whenever any malfunction occurs in a component that controls or conducts power for the actuation of the concealment device, each closed headlamp concealment device shall be capable of being fully opened by a means not requiring the use of any tools. Thereafter, the headlamp concealment device must remain fully opened until intentionally closed.”)

American regulations dictate thqt the fixed position of a "pop-up" headlight must be the open posiion, basically a "pop-down" headlight. A proper "pop-up" headlight is illegal to maufacture in the US

Wow, americans are fucking retarded, but you take it to a whole new level

And its actually illegal in the us to make pop-ups lol!

lol holy shit you're one dumb yuro. That says that if the electronics of a car dies out, then the pop up lights should be able to be manually opened without any special tools

inb4 "jokes on u i was only pretending to be retarded"

jokes on u i was only pretending to be retarded

All that corn syrup and fluor has madem you literally fucking braindead

>the headlamp concealment device must remain fully opened until intentionally closed.

>Must remain fully opened until intentionally closed
>Open until closed

This means the default position of the lamp must be the opened one, basically a pop-down lamp

Reading is hard!

in the event of an electronic failure, it has to be able to be manually opened, and must be able to stay open without electricity until you manually close it

i havent done this much 'tard-splaining since i used to work with autistic children

That is a second clause you inbreed retard, the default poistion of the headlamp must be an opened one, this means pop ups are banned, you can only build pop downs, which are headlights that, by default, are in the open position

Moreover, your initial claim was that european regulations prohibited pup ups, and yet here we are, trying to help your retarded brain how retarded american regulations prohibit the use of pop ups. European regulations do not have any special clause about pop ups

I mean, i am not surprised you are this retarded, but damn, were youmdropped as a child?

you're trying to meme on me but it's not working. I'm done replying to you. Don't bother typing up a response because I will not read it. I repeat, don't even reply because I will not read whatever you respond back. Go meme somewhere else

>Ragequit
Stay btfo ameribetic, there are no european regulations against pop-ups, while they are strictly forbidden in dumbfuckistan

just letting you know I didn't read your response. The clauses are clearly worded for anyone who isn't a retard and it's clearly yurop's fault that pop up's died. To re-iterate, I did NOT read whatever you wrote. Also I wont read any reply to this post either. America is the greatest

>American confess he is illiterate

Top kek!

i love pop ups but HOLY SHIT they look SO BAD on these

are pop-down headlites illegal in yurop 2fast2furiosa?

>this

Pop-ups are stupid. They add weight and mechanical complexity where none is required.

(From the mouths of spergs)
>European design laws requiring the front end of cars to be more readily deformable

It wouldn't matter how they pop because deformability is the concern