New WRC cars too fast, According to FIA

www.pistonheads.com/news/motorsport/new-wrc-cars-too-fast-says-fia/35783

Kinda late on this, but FIA wants to keep the average speeds below 80 mph. In sweden(snow event) the averaged a bit over 85 mph, which is something the FIA did not liked.

Any thoughts? Do you think they should do anything about or just let them loose as it is? Mind you, in dry tarmac stages, these cars will fly. We will probably see restrictor plates appearing again, and maybe toyota will go back to their own habits.

Fuck FIA

Is FIA going to ruin WRC too ? F1 wasn't enough ?

>Is FIA going to ruin WRC too ?
They did it before, they'll do it again.
#remember1986

Goddammit, just when rally was starting to get really good again FIA comes and cocks shit up.

Seems real odd to legislate the average speeds. A fast section is a fast section no matter how much slow stuff you pad it with. Why don't they just figure out what they actually want and argue for that?

>"Slowing" cars
What are they going to do, put a governor on the cars? Wouldn't it be better and easier to make more complex stages, or have fast sections forcefully brake before complex sections with harder turns? What does a fast average speed even mean? People who win races are going to get penalized for going too fast? Fuck this

They want harder and slower stages and no speed limits. At least thats what Jarmo Mahonen said in an interview.

They're ruining WEC and F1. Why not wrc too, for that completion feeling?

That "did someone say Group B" comic edit will eventually get posted here, won't it?

I mean what the heck. If you're gonna crash into a tree it doesn't really matter if you're going 100 mph or 130 mph because you won't be crashing into a tree on a straight piece of fast tarmac anyway and if you do crash head on into a tree at full speed then you're dead even at 80 mph

Ecclestone has been ruining F1 for years, not just the FIA

Its standard procedure in rallying to not have average stage speeds over 85 mph. Rally Sweden organizers fucked up in that regard.

Not a big deal.

Maybe we should ditch that rule by now. Every single motorsport is getting faster and faster, so WRC should get faster too. It finally got the boost it needed with the new cars.

>inb4 my safety

They already have the spectators far away enough, so it shouldn't be a problem, plus the cars a very safe and magnesium free, so it won't be group B 2.0.

You know it.

that rear wing is hectic as fuck

I know this is supposed to be a critique of group b fawning, but you can't deny it was the best thing about rally

How has f1 gotten fucked up?

It was ok. Group 4 was better imo, just because it proved you didn't need fancy stuff to dominate. A good driver and a solid car was enough.

Speaking of which, what is the original comic about? I've seen this one of group B, one for THICC, but I don't know what started this.

>tilkedromes for "muh drs"
>said drs made racing boil down to how close you are to the person in front of you so you can open the wing and get speed eliminating skill
>killed rear wing aero and tyre width to make cars "more exciting" to drive
>Abusing of part replacement penalties so you can get a 55 place penalty all in once and have a fresh car for the next races
>downsizing for the sake of ecology

I can go on and on

The original is the THICC one.

Oh WOW SWEET DUDE SWEET the new Yaris WRC is TOO FAST!!! SOMEONE DO SOMETHING TOYOTA IS TOO MIGHTY! WOW WOW WOW WOW WOWOWOWOWOWOWWOWW TOYOTA WRC CHAMPIONSHIP RALLY TOYOTA BEST TOO FAST FOR REGULATORS

Hey hey guess what