>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webm

/dbt/ map: meet and compare willys
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
>cycle-ergo.com/

Noob? Git gud:

wubbems with sounds:
Previously on /dbt/

>I'm saying that the nude SV650 is not a sport bike so you really have no valid opinion when it comes to spirited riding
This was never the point.
But what you said made me realize I'd like to watch you ride spiritedly on the Stelvio hairpins with your sportbike with cyclists and cars.

HE IS HEADING RIGHT FOR THAT DITCH!

Is an Honda CB110 an acceptable beginner bike?

Can someone explain WorldSBK to me? Why do both it and MotoGP exist?

shitalians

I'm fairly ignorant to racing but isn't WSBK limited to actual production bikes while MotoGP is bikes specifically built for racing?

Oh that would make sense.

yes

one is meant to be "production" bikes but really isn't, superstock is production bike racing.

The only things WSBK bikes usually have in common with the road going bikes is the very basics of the engine, like it's block or whatever and the frame.

Usually the swingarm is totally new, the fuel tank is usually relocated to under the seat, new airbox designs, advanced electronics that make only half the cylinders come online mid corner etc.

So although they look like production bikes WSBK machines are actually almost prototypes these days.

>advanced electronics that make only half the cylinders come online mid corner

That's been stopped this year actually, in an effort to make them closer to the production bikes.

Just installed madstad windscreen on my tiger and my fucking barkbusters hit it if i turn the handlebars all the way REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
motherfuckers should've had a warning about that!

Who is your favorite motovlogger, /dbt/?

RJ
Not my favorite, the only one that I can stand.

/dbt/ anons, with their slow webms and poorly typed out maintenance advice

I like the one who makes a big deal out of completely inane situations and comes off as a jerk.

Daily reminder that the 2017 SV is a joke

What should i look for in a 125cc bike?

Most of the options are the SYM wolf (pictured)
a honda CBF/CBR 125 or
a Daelim Roadstar, which is a honda CBF 125 made in korea under licence

What would you recommend? all i've ridden in the past is a 150cc scooter that was heavy as fuck so pretty slow. so this would be my first manual bike.

and 1000won is about $1. these bikes are all around 1200 to 1900 depending on condition, so the money aspect isn't a huge deal.

Snowpussy?

Snowcat?

More CCs

>moto vloggers
more like potato vloggers

Get a Honda.

I'm in Korea, and the licencing for anything higher is a scam.

Im kind of tempted to as it will more prepare me for eventually riding larger bikes when i go back to the west, but the sym is smaller, so is better suited for East and SE asia. and looks good, like in person they just look great.

I will have a look at them both in person, I like the look of the SYM but that's not the best reason to buy a bike

Also Daelims are literally just Korean made Hondas, becasue Koreans hate the japs

>on my bike
>zooming through traffic, late for something and honestly i just like to hoon
>250cc of pure sex
>100kph zone
>doing 120 and picking up speed
>suddenly a scooter appears
>like a normal small scooter, big wheels but still a normal small sized scooter
>it OVERTAKES ME
>i literally can't catch up to it
>mfw even at 140kph it just peeled away from me

LITERALLY HOW!??!?!?!

What the fuck kind of scooter was that?

Bigger wheels, but looked like a normal scooter otherwise.

Coulda been one of those BMW 600/650 scooters. they do 220 no problem

Probably one of those maxi scooters. They make make em in like 600cc so they'd beat your ass easy

>tfw fell for the 250cc meme

What are you looking for in a bike? If it's going to be a commuter then being comfy will be crucial since many 125s are designed for Indians or 16 year olds and it may be hard to find something of appropriate size.

The only reason I'd consider something """"""""""sporty"""""""""" would be if I had to go long stretches of highway with the throttle wide open.

Of course, if you're allowed a two-stroke then an NSR is always the right choice. Frankly you should have just gotten a license back in wherever.

not a maxi scooter, step through scooter

no, it was a totally plain scooter, nothing boyracer

no, smaller

It was more like this size maybe a big larger, but with bigger wheels. Kind of like
sized wheels. Kind of closer to a supercub sized wheels

and it was a step through scooter

Looking to move to a more interesting bike soon, since my current bike (Ninja 650) lacks character.

I want to stay in the sports bike territory, but I have no qualms with decreasing CC. I'm currently looking at 250cc 2 strokes (NSR250r, RGV250 and RS250) and some quirky bikes like the RVF400.

Any recommendations? I'm in Ozland if that helps

that's not how it works

a foreign car licence can be swapped for a local car licence, which allows you to ride up 125cc bikes

A foreign bike licence can not be swapped

and to get a bike licence here is literally a scam

Nigger my tiny ass 50cc RS could do 90kmh no prob all stock.

CBR250
Vtr250

living a no go pro life
my old point and shoot's battery lasts about 10 minutes with a full charge

Bit slow really, 4 stroke 250s are extremely tame

Vespa GTS?

Gopros are not the best motobike cameras, the GitUp 2 is. it has near go pro image quality and better stabilisation . it's also really cheap

Bigger wheels and a plastic ugly body

did a google search for big wheeled motor scooters, it looked like this but was fast

My VFR400 is a great little bike, I personally would go for the 2stroke but I have heard they're rather highly strung and so quite unreliable as a daily rider. Not to mention it's hard to get hold of parts for such old bikes.

Cleverly disguises R1

Aye you're right about the reliability. I've been toying with the idea of selling my Ninja 650 and then buying two bikes with the money from it. One a daily rider early 2000s 600cc supersport, and then a dedicated track bike like an NSR250r.

How about a klx450 my good sir

Has anybody seen WRanon around these threads recently?

RVF400 are pushed up too much by LAMS tax. so I'd rather go VFR400 or CBR400RR if you REALLY need a meme 400 (these are not that good by modern standards as 600s weigh a similar amount and have much better suspension, more power etc.)

Imo character is a meme anyway.

Can it rip wheelies my man?

If you want something with 'character' you are probably thinking of either something high-revving like bikes you mentioned, or something with a really strong power curve like a VTR1000

IMO, just test ride all sorts of bikes until you find something you want, if you're bored of your bike just something different will probably interest you. Maybe even try a motard? They're all the same 'character' but it will definitely feel different to your ninja 650.

These Korean built hondas are pretty cheap...

even cheaper are these smaller bikes

No, but what the fuck is that image lol. People sure are retarded

>taking it for a road trip
>~700 miles round trip
>with a passenger
how stupid am i?

REAL HONDA ALERT!

As a role of thumb you're as stupid as your bike looks
So in this case, very

Yeah I just want something that's a little less mundane than my current bike, but I just don't really need any more power. The 650 makes ~69hp and that's more than enough for road use. By the time you're ringing out 2nd you've broken every speed limit in the country by a good margin.

Cheers for the help, I'm gonna have a bit of a search

>Ducati bikes aren't even that much more expensive than competition
>Get Italian style and performance, doesn't lose as much value
huh, kinda want one now.

some of the more fucked up bikes are still kicking around

say that to my face fucker not online see what happens

>16:9 video on a 4:3 screen

Get a cruise control gadget or a left thumb-throttle, you're definitely going to end up resting on your hands a lot and being able to relax your right hand more often makes a huge difference.

The difference is with more power you can break every speed limit over twice as quickly.
Even 100hp with a similar weight will feel like a massive difference and good condition bikes in that class can be picked up pretty cheaply.

>pay out of ass for maintenance

doesn't seem that bad

>he can't maintain his own bike

Maybe a change of bike will facilitate this (like you said going for a trackbike) but it sounds like what you need is a change of riding habits more than anything.

Change of riding habits in what regard?

throttle lock or one of those paddle things might not be a bad idea

I will if I get a chance to. Unfortunately I'm in Poland and you're in the US and I can't afford the plane ticket :(
If I manage to get a stipend to study overseas then sure I'll come over and say that to your face and not online. I'm quite curious as to what would happen!

>curious as to what would happen
poland would finally into space, i'll tell you that

I did a 400mi trip (and return) on a bike with essentially the same ergonomics and I installed one before I came back. I can't recommend one enough especially if your bike has a fairly heavy throttle spring. Your whole arm ends up cramping from keeping a static throttle if you're stuck on the highway for a few hours. Just make sure you both install it properly and know how to use it. Not going to recommend the lock I got because it was super cheap and a bit bulky and I didn't like keeping it on while I'm riding twisties.

Kek'd heartily

How do I go about replacing the rubber on my footpegs?

Do they just slip on?

Dumb question I know but can't find anything on google.

protip, cover them in skateboard grip tape if you want some purchase.

>two brothers exhaust
That poor 06 ZX10

You don't deserve that bike.

its just a google pic you mong.
mines stock except for being lowered a bit by the manlet who owned it before me.

>lowered bike

wtf does this even mean?

>Calling someone a mong
>Owns a lowered bike
You LITERALLY can't make this shit up

Come to cycle gear, we have scorpion coverts in stock now
>please, it's lonely here

>name is kit kat
>trying to be condescending
fuck right off, trip nigger

Why would someone wear that? Serious question

Is it overkill to wear full gear for a 5 minute ride?

No, but I don`t wear any gear most of the time anyway.
Take that as you will.

>ATGATT
>ATT

Because it's """cool"""
I dunno, there's a lot of scorpions I prefer, like every other one
I wear an arai though, dat employee discount doe
Nah, it's only necessary to wear on the day you're gonna crash.

What if I never crash?

FuCKING SQUIDS GET OUT OF MY THREAD

P sure it's some user catfishing as kit kat because he died a while ago

>(You)
>(You)
Just me here buddy, don`t get so butt frustrated. I only person I can kill is myself.

I always wear a helmet, boots and gloves because these are the things that will actually save your life and body function, but that's not to say I don't wear my jacket and pants. As a general rule, if I'm going to be going slightly fast then I'll wear full gear.

WHAT ABOUT YOUR MOTHER SHE'LL HAVE AN HEART ATTACK IF SHE FINDS OUT

The most accidents happen within 5km of your house.

>Implying

A man can dream

just fuckin buy one

>most riding happens within 5km of your house

Millions of riders began on them, so yes.

Many very experienced riders keep old CB or track restorable ones down for nostalgic fun. They are the most successful internal combustion engine in history, outnumbering Ford Model T and air cooled VW production.

I'm even looking for one to run around bike rallies, and I have multiple Harleys, a Norton Commando and other bikes. CB is the ultimate IRL SHTF bike too.

That's not what I said

Yes but naturally most accidents happen where you ride the most, it's a direct correlation, and you ride the most near your home