Sparkplug on cylinder 1 completly smashed, any idea why?

Sparkplug on cylinder 1 completly smashed, any idea why?

>350$ QR25DE.
>INTERFERENCE engine but doubt its the case that it happened previously and the owner would have left an old sparkplugs.

Only on cylinder 1.

it has cancer.

>$350
That's $150 too high for a running engine.

You shoud really use common sense. That plug is smashed into itself from the bottom. Aside from someone pulling it out, smashing it with a hammer and putting it back, that only happens for a few reasons. Either something got inside the motor and the piston smashed it into the plug, or the timing belt snapped/slipped and the piston hit the plug. Smashing it.

I'm willing to bet someone snapped the belt, realized what happened and sold the motor as "Ran when pulled" or "Dunno whats wrong with it"

So congrats on the parts motor.

The car runs fine and its not only an engine.

Its a timing chain, if it slipped or snapped the whole head would be ruined.
I really think something in stuck inside cylinder 1 bending the spark plugs.

Is there a way the piston could go higher than the original specs? (Only one out of 4)

>Runs fine
>Bends spark plugs

Then just take the head off to know the exact problem, or buy an inspection camera. Any other idea is just pissing in the wind.

Stop guessing and pull the head off.

>or the timing belt snapped/slipped and the piston hit the plug.

That is literally impossible
the timing belt controls the valves, the valves are always the first to take damage because when they open they extend into the space where the piston rests at top dead-center

The pistons physically cannot touch the spark plugs at all unless the piston itself has broken off its connecting rod or the spark plug is too long.

put a nnew spark plug in and keep guessing

Will do, I was just hoping for someone who already experienced that. Not even two days in and I already hate Nissan.

>2004 SE-R SpecV

my guess is the wrong plugs were put in. those look new and it looks fucked all the way to the threads.

did you compare it to the other ones?

Dunno if thats possible but maybe its to long?

Thats one option, I replaced all four of them with the same lenght sparkplugs, we will see.

All four were the same NGK plug, really look suspicious for cylinder one.
I mean look at this!!
Ive never saw this before.

Bottom threads on the plug look burnt. Check several different sources for your pkugs. It might be the wrong size.

Yeah I also noticed it.. what could cause such heat on the spark plug? Ive never see a sparkplug that had its spark point burning.

that there looks mighty messed up op y'all should get it done checked out by ayy qualified mechanic

The only correct answer here

wrong plugs dingus

how is the spark plug supposed to look like?

it should not be possible that the piston is hitting it.

unless the thread has been damaged in the past and a new one was put in. but too far. thus the plug would be going in too far. it's the only possible way.

That is what I did.

Yeah, what I thought first is that the sparkplug thread was damaged so they installed an hélicoïdal thread instead of getting the head fixed. Then the spark plugs came loose and went down in the combustion chamber.
But I didnt saw any hélicoïdal when I swapped it.

i'd double check that, otherwise your engine is just possessed.

and try to check the piston head for any marks from the plug, if none i'd guess it's melting or something.

This diagram erase the possibility of the piston hitting the spark plugs directly (if correct lenght).
I am pretty sure that there is something stuck (or was stuck) between the piston and the valves that cause this destruction of the spark plugs.

I will remove the head and check this weekend.
Thank you all for the advices.

sometimes a valve seat will drop (i'm looking at you chrysler 4.7). the valve seat will break and get chucked all over the cylinder and piston. This will cause the electrode to get bent in, as well as the piston head getting completely screwed.

OP's sparkplugs don't look like that kind of damage. It looks like it got cooked or detonated to hell and back. Doesn't look like physical damage. I would be curious as to what the top of the piston looks like.

>looking at dodge magnum wagon r/t
>looks great on paper to have 350 horsepower v8 wagon
Fucking chrysler why can't you just make a good car

Will follow with the images probably next week. For now it runs well with a new spark plugs. We will see.

Former Nissan Tech here, a QR25DE is a timing chain engine, not Belt.

Also the SE-Rs of those years had a problem with small screws falling out of the IMTVs (Intake Manifold Tuning Valves) which can fall into the cylinder and can cause damage like your picture.

However, like alot of other Anons are saying, you might have the incorrect heat range plug installed.

You should be able to check online with your Vin if the IMTV recall was performed on your vehicle.

Also the QR25DE is a higher compression engine than, say a Nissan Alitma, and should always use highest Octane available 91+

Ok. Thank you user.
Im pretty sure this thing ran on ordinary fuel for a while.

Holy fuck OP.

>QR25
>fucked up spark plug
5 bucks says you are missing one or more screws that hold down the butterfly valves in the intake manifold.

Also hope you know what you're wasting your money on OP. 90% of these QRs/B15 sentras are worthless parts cars because people don't give enough of a fuck, including the engineers who designed it.

Source: Been driving an 02 SER for 12 years.