All right, Americans of Veeky Forums. You think you're so literate and educated, you think you know sooo much

All right, Americans of Veeky Forums. You think you're so literate and educated, you think you know sooo much.

It's time to put up or shut up. Type out the words of the Gettysburg Address, right now, without cheating. Or as much of it as you can.

Non-Americans also welcome to play:

sporcle.com/games/I_am_nobody/the-entire-gettysburg-address

Why would I memorize the entire speech of a racist?

Four score and seven years ago, nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger

Never had to cover it

Memorized this in my Freshman year in high school and recited it in front of class (everyone had to do it). I've totally forgotten all but a few snippets scattered throughout. Why would you chalk historical knowledge up to a 9th grade English assignment?

181/271

I got all the really good bits, so I'm happy.

What is the Gettysburg Address?

I'm American and don't recall ever studying this.

TL;DR

>Gettysburg is the biggest battle of the Civil War
>entire battlefield gets turned into a cemetery
>Lincoln gives a speech explaining that the men who died there died as part of a much larger struggle that would determine the future of the country, and the human race as a whole
>it's pretty well worded, and it works great for a short speech

>I know and memorized all historical documents of my country

Post all your 3rd world doctrines right now

>Is American
>Hasn't even heard of the Gettysburg address
Dude, what fucking state are you even from? What state could possibly skip out on the Gettysburg address? I mean, it's like, elementary school curriculum shit.

>what state could possibly sip out on the gettysburg address

Well I must admit, I'm also from the South and we don't talk about Lincoln or his address too much. Actually we talk about it quite little.

And I live in Louisiana. So... He probably lives in the South as well.

So the liberals who made the map of "Dumbfuckistan and USA" are quite spot on, not because we're dumb, but b/c we're given a different evaluation of things and not the whole scope of it.

How can that map be correct when Cali is literally mississippi tier

dude I'm from bumfuck louisiana, they taught us about the civil war & Gettysburg in like 5th grade

Because California naturally breeds weak, retarded people.

Why do you think they're all hardcore lefties there?

>im from bumfuck louisiana
Which school did you go to? I went to Holy Rosary.

And I don't remember ever learning about the Civil War and the Gettysburg Address, one fucking bit.

But maybe I just don't have good memory tbqh.

4 score and seven years ago, our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation. Conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal. We are now engaged in a great civil war to determine whether the nation or any nation so conceived and so dedicated can long endure. We are met today on a great battlefield of that war to dedicate a small portion in memory of those who here gave their lives so that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we do this. But in a larger sense, we cannot dedicate, we cannot consecrate, we cannot hallow, this ground. The brave men, living and dead who struggled here, have already consecrated it far beyond our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us, the living rather, to be here dedicated to the great unfinished task which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us, to show increased devotion to the cause which they gave the last full measure of devotion. We here assembled highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vein. That this country, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom. And that government of the people, by the people, and for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

copy paste detected

Did it on my mobile, there are a number of mistakes. I will vocaroo that shit when I get home. I've got pictures from my trip to Gettysburg too.

Shit I read ur question wrong here What I meant to say was here was that the map was more or less correct with, the exception of Cali ofc, b/c that's proven to be a retarded shithole no matter how biased you get with politics.

Four score and seven years ago, our faggot dick nigger

I'm not an American, but in the defense of Americans you can be literate and educated without having memorized some president's speech at a certain point in time.

You could have an American whose the utmost authority on ancient Roman history who doesn't give a single fuck about the civil war.

I'm from California, kek.

Me too, I think it's a lot more likely that you didn't listen than nobody told you

151/271
Mostly guessing desu.

Four score and seven years ago, we held these truths to be self evident: That we will be judged not by the color of our skin but the content of our character.

And to the republic for which it stands, for a chicken in every pot. But ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.

Through the ramparts red glare on a day that will live in infamy, this house divided against itself cannot stand. 54" 40' or fight! Remember the Maine!

I cannot tell a lie, Man is endowed by his Creator with certain unalienable rights. So read my lips: I am a jelly donut.

America fuck yeah.

“Never memorize something that you can look up.”

― Albert Einstein

took me a while, only had 3:20 left, but got it. I memorized a slightly different version, I think. We said "that this nature might endure" instead of live, etc, and I was stuck guessing at synonyms at some parts.