Mfw bought a cheap 1L fiat uno because it would be economical

>mfw bought a cheap 1L fiat uno because it would be economical
>mfw it does 28mpg HIGHWAY
jesus christ what the fuck is wrong with this car

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k9HN5sh112A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Probably aerodynamics and lack of power, which means it has to be geared very short and as a result the engine has to rev quite high in order to maintain highway speeds.

>actually buying an old used Italian car

someone should make a big chart explaining what every car manufactuer is good at.

PROTIP: Italians make good looking cars, that's it.

Has it got the FIRE engine? Enjoy the economical motoring when the head gasket blows.

the point is every owner of this car says online that it does 33mpg city easy

honestly at this point i pray for the actual fire to get a reason to move onto a next car

Lead foot?

>blown headgasket
>actually increase fuel millage by using coolant and engine oil as fuel

Should've just bought a cheap 1.2l Twingo

>mfw my 1.5L 92bhp civic gets 46mpg highway and 40+ city

dayum nigga u got fukk'd

>coolant is free

there was one for 250$, snow white, no rust, but had 217k miles on the clock and no sunroof so i was kinda sceptical, the fiat had around 70kmiles, new battery and pristine interior so i thought that was a better idea

>250 eurobucks for a mint Twingo
Fuck dude, that's an absolute steal. Even if you had to rebuild the entire engine it'd probably stay under 1k.

Fuel economy has other factors, driving style, what you use in the car and where you drive to and from and other factors. I have a similar cars, albeit 5 years younger, I can get out at least 34, 35 mpg.

>buy 9 year old Clio dci with 90k miles for £900
>get 72mpg

kek loser

two 50km trips with one stoplight done enteirly on fifth gear with 60-70km/h drain quarter of the tank,(40 liters)

>diesel french car

a shitbox is supposed to be economical, so yes, a diesel french car will do.
stop being a retard

change your fuel filter. It helped me when I had much less power while driving and I got terrible 7,5l/100km/h

>fiat uno

I cant believe there is a working fiat uno in 2017
I havent seen an Uno on the road in 10 years

Mighty kek, my 16 v8 f150 gets that.

That thing is not built for fucking highways holy shit. I've been in one a few times and it does fine on small roads, it makes a lot of sense for densely populated areas because cheap, small, practical-ish (it has place for shopping etc) and when some asshole inevitability scrapes your car because NOBODY CAN FUCKING PARK in a city it won't be the end of the world.
>inclines are a joke
>speed is a joke
>gears are a joke
This guy is correct Please do not go on the highway with it, I am imagining the screaming right now. It is 4 speed, I don't know what you expected.

Someone I know dd one, it's pretty amazing he got it back in shape. It's quite fun going in it, a real difference from my experience with cars so it's cool.

weak engines are doing worse on highways. weak for the city, proper engine for the highway

besides, half of unos are still on carbs. it can't be economical, it's old

You should've bought the Uno Turbo "flying coffin"

youtube.com/watch?v=k9HN5sh112A

No they dont wtf

>not using tap water as coolant

pleb

>33mpg city easy
I have a fiat brava 1.4
It does consume less in the city than the highway.
Fiat gears their cars short.
That´s what makes them fun to drive compared to renault clios and shit like that.

>buy corolla
>figure it wont use much fuel
>i end up buying the 1.8 litre 7A
>last corolla to have no valve timing
>has a distributor cap
>drinks fuel
man at least i have a 5th gear so i can cruise on the highway instead of screaming in 4th lmao

>bought v-tec e shitbox
>didn't expect much from 20 year old car
>47 mpg / 20km/l
>nice long gearing for comfortable highway cruising
>115 bhp keeps up easily with modern econoboxes

betterthanexpected.jpeg

thing is noisy as fuck tin box with and has the ride comfort of wheelbarrow but still.