5 door

>5 door
>"""hatchback"""

Wipe this meme from the face of the earth.

>Complains about 5-door hatchbacks
>Posts a 3-door hatchback

Wipe this OP from the face of the earth

i only see 2 doors

thats a 2 door you idiot

>hatch lids have always swapped between both models throughout Golf history and the history of most hatchbacks
>somehow the four door isn't a hatchback

The third refer to the boot-lid / trunk-lid / tail-gate, you thick twat

k but where are the other two doors

HOW MANY DOORS DOES A CAR HAVE LETS FIND OUT TONIGHT ON Veeky Forums IS FULL OF FUCKING IDIOTS

You do realise there is a difference between a three-door hatchback and a five-door hatchback?

The other two doors are fitted to another model...

>five-door
>hatchback

Pick one.

Thats a 3 door wagon idiot

TONIGHT ON TOP GEAR

RICHARD COUNTS THE FIRST DOOR

JAMES COUNTS THE SECOND DOOR

AND I'M NOT SURE IF A HATCH IS A DOOR

Wtf does that even mean?
You do realize hatch refers to the type of opening at the rear right?

NOT A HATCHBACK

>The hood is a door too
I mean why not, it does the same thing as the trunk does

and the award of "the biggest retard on Veeky Forums"
goes to..... OP!
Congratulations!

Does that mean we all drive 4 or 6 door cars?

These threads are almost as bad as the idiots who think four door coupes aren't a thing and two door sedans aren't real.

you forgot to count the gas door !

Nigga

How can a thing be both a hatch AND a door?

>idiots who think four door coupes aren't a thing

Fuck off and die germany.

if it has a window its a door

What is a four door coupe? Can someone please post a picture?

So if my hood has a hoodscoop it's a door?

What about the door for the gas tank?

When you think about it, windows that can roll down are like extra little doors, so the average family sedan actually has 11 doors.

So if it swings open and leads into the car its a hatch? So the words door and hatch are completely interchangeable. Airplanes and boats have hatches that lead to interior areas and also seating areas. In the automotive context generally the swinging apparatus that gives you access to the seating area is the door. The swinging apparatus that leads to a cargo area could be called a cargo door, but I think calling it a cargo hatch is more appropriate, specifically because it generally swings upward, and not out like a door.

That looks like a sedan. Are there seats in the back to go with those two rear doors?

And the glove box door... and any other doored compartments.

But that's not the coupe

Great thread OP, best thread on Veeky Forums by far. A+ thread! Haha
Great work everyone :)

You can enter a car through a hood?

If you're small enough.

You're right. I am wrong. Different roof-line. But still, four-door coupes exist

>The third refer to the boot-lid / trunk-lid / tail-gate, you thick twat

There are hatchbacks, liftbacks, sedans and wagons, in increasing order of size (except liftbacks and sedans vary heavily relative to eachother)

Hatchbacks can have 3 or 5 doors.

Liftbacks are like stretched 5 door hatchbacks, but they're NOT like wagons (wagons have near-vertical rears while liftbacks have sloped rears).

Sedans have 4 doors and one trunk, the rear window is NOT part of the tailgate like with all the other body types.

Wagons typically have 3 rows of seats, unlike the liftback. These are also larger than any other body type and benefit from increased roof surface which allows you to use roof-racks more freely.

>pic related: a Toyota Corolla E10 Liftback

hmm...

What are counting?

How??

Because it's a 2-box car, not a 3-box? A hatch is considered a door because it allows egress into the passenger compartment just like the regular doors. A trunk typically does not. Some 3-boxes do now with folding rear seats, but until recently most sedans' rear seats did not fold.

3 door = hatchback
5 doors = wagon

PERIOD.

What do you call something like the Chevy Nomad then?

A piece of gm garbage.

Or if we're being serious, a shooting brake imo.

Here's the ferd if you'd rather have this for some reason

>tfw luxury liftbacks are #rare as fuck, more so coupes, because third worlders like Americans are obsessed with asses and hate practicality