Hey guys! im an extreme newfag when it comes to electronics shit in cars...

Hey guys! im an extreme newfag when it comes to electronics shit in cars. im currently attempting to install my two 12"s and my 1200W amp to my factory head unit in my 2000 3rd gen Eclipse GS. pls help

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TaRwMFuW6IA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well, whats the exact problem?

DONT DO IT
shitty mods will only take away from the value of your car
DO NOT MESS WITH YOUR CARS ELECTRICS IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW

walk me thru

literally just google it

DONT DO IT
YOULL PROBS FUCK UP

Nah, there are plenty of guides online that'll do a better job of walking you through it than me

I've done my fair share of wire pulling today

Is this the car audio thread?

I've tried Googling, but does a sub box have to be a rectangle to work?
Can it be a T shape or even a + shape? I'm trying to design a box to jam into a tight area, and a simple rectangle won't get me enough cu.ft.

>putting a system in your car
Underage b&

>thinks people should not enjoy listening to music in their car
Leave

>nig noise
>music
pick one

you will never get a good sounding system in a car

save the audio shit for your home system if you like music

I dunno, nothing wrong with putting in a little bit extra to get the proper range and power in the system

Setups like those are nevertheless often way too much and makes everything sound like shit

I'm probably gonna order one of these in a week or so, put it under the seat of my Toyota. Will do just fine, tested a friends smaller/less powerful version and it improved the whole "picture" quite a lot

So what you're saying, is that because I like music, I should just sit in silence for my hours drive to work and back?

I'm not OP or condone OP's approach. But I believe a well rounded system does need bass.

>t. somebody who doesn't know how

no you should listen to the stock system or just a cheap aftermarket stereo in your car you fuck

Every amplifier literally comes with instructions, dumb ass.

No

Because everything from big band, to The Eagles, to Offspring, to Lil 'nigga rhymes with nigga' Wayne doesn't sound great with a good subwoofer.

Because I like music, I should listen to it through trash for two hours of my day?

Stock systems from the last 15 years are not trash. The eclipse was designed for young people so it had good enough bass from the factory. Or you could pull an oem sub from a junkyard because I'm sure it was an option and it's probably pre-wired

>well rounded sound system
>two 12" subs
i mean, i guess they are round...

How.

How can you be so fucking stupid that you comment on the second half of a sentence without reading the first half.

Are you really grasping for straws this hard?

the point was nobody building a well rounded sound system puts two 12's in their car you nignog

dont bullshit me, we both know you just want nigger bass

hell even the 6 speaker system in my sonic sounds decent but already has more bass than needed in a car

I also made it clear that I didn't condone OP's setup in the same line.
Go be stupid somewhere else.

>durr hurr ur wrong even though i agree with you

>stock sonic sound system
>too much bass
Can confirm

connect the big black wire to the big red wire

this

T. Can't afford a soundsystem

>tfw put in a 12" sub, replaced front two speakers with infinity kappas, and the car already came with a $900 head unit
Just need to replace the two back speakers and add a separate amp for the speakers. Already have an amp for my sub. Feels so good

yea thats totally it u r so smart m8

>I wanna listen to music
>Two mudwoofers rather than a small punchy sub

Literally worse than a droning exhaust, as expected of Mitsubishi owners.

The one 12" is also more than enough power.

You don't need greentext when you are talking about yourself. Just saying.

fyi boss is considered trash as far audio goes.

i have a vm innovations amp. almost as trash as boss but they overbuilt their shit until they went tits up. its supposed to put out 5000 wats at 1 ohm but i doubt it.

>learn ohms law
>run the wiring from the battery not the alternator
>make sure the ground is gud
>use a grommet on the hot strap through the firewall so your eclipse bursts into flames naturally instead of because your incompetence.
>line level converters all the way. speaker level inputs are aids.

there's my two cents. bump tunes until your alternator fries. then replace it and add a capacitor and second battery.

Boss is far from trash. Head units sure, but speakers are the best bang for your buck speakers on the market.

make the red power cable short as possible
put the fuse close to the battery

room permitting make use of existing cable routeing holes

if you would like to save your alternator some stress you can install a 1 or 2 farad capacitor
it can also keep the stereo running for a couple minutes after the ignition is turned off
youtube.com/watch?v=TaRwMFuW6IA

just take positive and negative wires from your battery and connect them to the positive and negative ends of your woofer, then just pry up the floorpanels to hide the wiring

Oh my fucking god are you serious? Did you for real answer a question that the OP already had the answer too? All he had to do was look at page one of the fucking manual that comes with the damn amplifier!

Wrongo

KEK HIMSELF IS SPEAKING TO YOU... BETTER LISTEN

if an egyptian god of chaos tells you its a bad idea it's probably a bad fucking idea

Box can be any shape you want but the resonance chamber should be rectangle or square. Research woofer acoustics, basically needs an unobstructed pathway to bounce that air out of the box

Whatever shape you tack on to that box to make it fit is up to you

>Not using a sealed box

>not wanting a box tuned for 20 Hz

midbass*
Sorry, small drivers can't make decent spl at low frequencies, just not possible.
Enjoy your boomy midbass tho

Larger drivers will typically have less distortion than a smaller driver, they move less to make the same amount of sound, the less movement you have the lower your distortion will be typically, when you force an 8 inch speaker to have a 2 inch xmax vs a 15 having 0.5in xmax you're gonna have a fuck ton of distortion.