/scg/edg/ Star Space Dangerous Citizen Elite General #126: nobody else made one edition

Star Citizen Information:
>FAQ for newfags
pastebin.com/HuA29Wu9
Referral code randomizer (for newfags):
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098

>CitCon2016 Full Presentation:
youtube.com/watch?v=XuDj5v81Nd0
>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA
>Subscriber Vault pics and JPoint Magazine Archive
mega.nz/#F!3tpUlapR!knV_JazwxfM-xct6PJyPEw
Gamescom info:
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/326211-2-3-Dev-Update
youtube.com/watch?v=NH-a0qKmOzw
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14354-Letter-From-The-Chairman
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/325296-High-jump-range-is-ruining-the-game
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/15062-Ship-Repair-And-Maintenance
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14926-Design-Notes-Electronic-Warfare
youtube.com/watch?v=iGWggc7KjJE
youtube.com/watch?v=fK5EAB8gwJM
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/324632-Gender-Ambiguous-Commanders
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

DEV UPDATE

Multicrew actually sounds fun.

I'm hoping that 2.3 brings in turret variants of weapons that currently don't have any. Double C4 PAs/Railguns would be nice.

>All bounties and vouchers that the helmsman (ship owner) receives are duplicated for each crewmember, making multicrew a great way to have fun with friends without missing out on money-making opportunities.

>When joining a crew, a Commander will log out of their current vessel and transfer to the multicrew vessel, regardless of distance.

I can already hear the dads bitching

TURRETED MINE LASERS PLS

First for disappointment.

>only turrets and fighters
>have to outfit your ship with turrets for weapons chair to work

Atleast it's a way to grind bounties. Multicrew seems to be a meme though.

>mfw reading complaints
whoa, so this is the power of the dad

Each crew member brings another pip so it might be worth it either way.

>Every crewmember also has access to a power distributor pip that they can assign dynamically. This is in addition to the standard pips that the helm controls. This extra power distribution allows the ship to operate more effectively, increasing its capabilities in combat.

>Cutter with all hardpoints being pack hounds
>Multicrew gunner can lock onto targets 360 degrees around the ship
>Never stop firing missiles even though the cutter can't turn

I want this

2 extra pips to shields? That will be insane if you get the same optimal strength increase as you do from 0 to 2 pips

taht was my first thought too

meanwhile you get 1NPC fighter and 1 player fighter, a gunner that manages your guns with 1 free pip

jesus, a full crew cutter is gonna be scary

I wonder if this means we can have 6 pips into shields...

Could a 6 Sys Engineered Cutter even be killed? I have to imagine at some point the resistances and regen of bi-weave builds would just outheal most damage.

cascade reverb torps say fuck you to your MJs and resistances

youtube.com/watch?v=NH-a0qKmOzw

It'll be like this but more hilarious

My ECM says differently

>Gave up this game because its boring flying solo
>Never bought horizons because who gives a fuck about moon rover mining

Can I still be a fucking turret rat if I haven't bought horizons? This might actually get me back into the game and look for friends.

you need to combine ECM with PD now to make it actually effective from my experience at least.

Also rails and shit exist

What do you think, mate?

Some people need to be ganked back into a sidewinder

>Oh no... magic teleport-anywhere mechanics (even if only for a short time) and credit-autogenerator for passenger-cmdrs? *lesigh*
What did he mean by this?

>I like my decisions to have consequences

Why do I get the feeling that he is playing in Mobius.

No fun allowed.

I want to sit here

>asp

Question: how's multicrew planned to be handled in SC?

17D is going down soon. Assemble at your nearest dock and talk shit in [Local]

have seeking weapons and seeking meds signal zone been taken out of the game?

can't seem to find any

I'm happy to hear E:D will get multicrew but I hope SC don't go for the power "pip" they talk about.

Multicrew is supposed to be interesting because an human get to use better the already existing game mechanic, not because you are magically awarded better efficiency.

In fact, considering DAD mentality, I find it strange this features was considered at all. You can count on Dad to have it nerfed

I think we should ask what SC backer expect from their own multicrew
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14354-Letter-From-The-Chairman
(the way I understand it is that each seat can cumulate several of those)
>Shield Management
>Radar Ops
>EWAR
>Avionics and CPU
>Navigation
>Power Management
>Communications
>(re)Fuel
note : this link is from 2014

>>Shield Management
>>Radar Ops
>>EWAR
>>Avionics and CPU
>>Navigation
>>Power Management
>>Communications
>>(re)Fuel
No idea regarding what level of complexity these stations will end up with, right?

Why do I get the feeling he plays solo hauler only?

Why are Dads so confused and trivialized by the implementation of a "fast" travel in ED?

I guess he fucking hates Fuel Dads then?

In order for multicrew to be fun each player has to feel like they're actively contributing, which is probably why ED went with the extra pip that each crew member gets to assign as well as the fact that fighters are the main draw to multicrew. I figure most other things just weren't that fun. Also you can't make one system just 10x stronger because there is a person in that seat. I know the examples you linked are for SC but lets see how it would pan out if we assume them to be potentially applicable to ED multicrew:

>>Shield Management
Could be fun, kinda sad this isn't in.
>>Radar Ops
Sounds really boring and nothing the main pilot can't already do
>>EWAR
Happens passively could be handled by a person playing mini games.
>>Avionics and CPU
Not applicable to ED
>>Navigation
Helms man does this. but if you wanna make a seat dedicated to using the FSD and possibly squeezing more jump range or having it happen faster it could be okay?
>>Power Management
Helms man does this and each crew member has a bit of power management to do.
>>Communications
It's a chat window when the person is in range
>>(re)Fuel
Would have to be a joint job with something else but a way for the person to manually fuel scoop for faster recharge could be interesting.

There are like 4 things a player could do in a non pilot seat that wouldn't fuck with the core gameplay pilots are already used to.

Fighter control and Turret control which are both in right now.

Maybe some kind of shield management could be fun, if the person had the ability to detect the exact direction the damage was coming from they could direct all shield energy to it. That might be some what engaging.

And some kind of systems management player who plays little mini games to make your things go by faster, like jumping, grabbing cargo, mining, fuel scooping and all sorts of shit.

Is Draconis in civil war yet?

fuck off
u
c
k
o
f
f

Stop fucking talking about D17 you faggots.

>Let's ruin it for everyone by NOT SHUTTING THE FUCK UP.

>Howz we makes monies guysz? Robigo and D17 are nerfed.

SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Also, Vision.

It's barely even fast travel. I'd actually class it nearly as a separate minigame entirely, much like CQC, except with multicrew you can actually earn credits towards your main character.

It's, again just like CQC, a pretty detached part of the game that you'd only do if you had a bored friend who was autistic enough to put all his weapons as turrets. It'll be fun for a bit but it'll get old very fast. Has potential for more grinding exploits if large ships will be as overpowered as it looks with the extra pips going to shields, so you might be able to get a few /edg/lords into a few Cutters or Corvettes to go grind 17D or the like together, with their engineered and multicrew'd ships barely taking damage and all sharing mission counts and combat bonds.

forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/325296-High-jump-range-is-ruining-the-game

The only reason you grind is for better shit.
if there's not better shit why play the game?
I don't understand his problem

I'll take that as a yes.

Someone mentioned it was imminent earlier. Since its past the mission update tick I was hoping that the war had started.

Are you really this dumb?
If you take it as a yes don't even reply, just fuck off.
You're an idiot.

Just bought one of these + paid millions in transport costs simply because I couldn't bear the slog of traveling to 17D in my Python.

I'd get more from selling all this salt than I'd ever get from Draconis 17

You will when it's nerfed fuccboi

Nerfed? Because the devs check Veeky Forums?

He can become a trillionare by then.

Again, you're an idiot.
If you think Dads and Reddit haven't caught on, you're a fucking retard. That's just straight up truth.

Civil wars last for a set period of time and aren't influenced by bonds or missions, only by who has the greater influence/player turnout by the end of the set time. 17D has been around for fucking ever and there's always been great migrations there whenever a civil war hits. Stop being autistic, or stop being new, in which case fucking lurk moar.

So why does it matter if I mention it here?

see

You still haven't explained the problem. How is it ruining anything? More people means faster kills in the CZs

answer is in the link + your own recollection of what dev said was part of the gameplay (like going to physically change part during battle)
For example :
>>Shield Management
We already know shield are separated by direction and recharge can be focused in a direction
>>Radar Ops
We know there will be passive and active radar, easy guess : if the player look in a direction, chance of locking a stealth ship increase, and if you wish to be discreet you don't go active
>>EWAR
Selective hack of subsystem (engine, door, etc...)
>>Avionics and CPU
Frankly I couldn't care about this one, look way too specific to be used dynamically
>>Navigation
That's basically an autopilot interface while you multitask other things
>>Power Management
self-descriptive, the guy doing shield will probably use that as well.
>>Communications
glorified chat management for Orgs
>>(re)Fuel
I doubt it still exist like originally planned since Qfuel can't be obtained in space, but if your ship is reliant on afterburner... why not.

pictured : repair "minigame" concept, there's also
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/15062-Ship-Repair-And-Maintenance

See above, in my opinion you are overlooking some advantage if it's not optimal (shield recharge)
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14926-Design-Notes-Electronic-Warfare

Also : the way I get it, ONE player can use SEVERAL of those at once.

What's the current fastest way to grind out Empire ranking for a Cutter? Donation missions are fine if that is the quickest method.

Stack data and transport missions between HIP 10716 and Wu Guinagi

Interesting, can only hope the final implementation is engaging and encourages people to play together.
I commented some threads back how SWG/JTL also had room for "multiple roles" in a multi-crew ship but they ended up being kind of useless because of how fast-paced combat was.

>More E:D than SC on this general
is SC officially dead?

It's not out yet.
I play E:D but as soon as SC gets a gameplay update itll be dominant.

>SC is dead
>ED is dad

We hope to play together, but we all also hope you can reliably leave those job to NPC-CREW
shitstorm incoming
When I play with a friend I don't expect him to do a repetitive minigame for me while I'm the one having fun. I expect them to act beyond a single crew station.
Else it would be like the E:D dads asking to make impossible to 'telepresences' in a ship for the sake of having fun.

Pictured : Welcome on my badass spaceship, here is your new jobs.

nah the poles just flipped for a bit, ED got some new stuff SC hasn't gotten shit in a while.

When SC has concrete information worth talking about I'm sure the ratio of discussion will flip over. We can only theorize about theoretical aspects of a future game for so long.

>EvE and E:D making money out of fucking paid skins and livery that could be very well be free

The fucking faggots

underrated post

50% of the SC discussion has been
>i think this ship design looks the coolest!
and the rest is a mishmash of
>speculation
>shit posters who don't like the game to begin with
>should i buy into this?

Simple: good insurance and kill switch. If a fag hijacks he gets rekted.

Frontier has to feed their families somehow I guess, I don't mind premium decals, ship colors and shit but there should be some in game ways to earn that kind of stuff.

Nvm. The "passenger" should be the salvager or the armed marine that drops on wrecks/stations.

>and ofc a fuckig kill switch. Fag hijacked my shit? Kaboom.

>When I play with a friend I don't expect him to do a repetitive minigame for me while I'm the one having fun.
Exactly what I mean, I won't mind being confined to a single station if it was useful AND operating it had enough gameplay value, but that might prove difficult to implement, or at least I don't see it as being that easy.

NPC crew or AI modules can be cool too, if done properly I don't think they will be able to replace a player at 100% efficiency anyways.

Do you organize Wings with fellow Anons in Open?

Are there literally dozens of us flying around in Open spamming Epic Memes, Faggot and general shitposting in [LOCAL]?

Do you not care if we keep drawing more and more attention to 17D?
>Buht guyz, everyone knows about it.

Evidently not enough to keep the general consensus of "Kill these" missions between 400k-7m.

Do you really want to even take the slightest chance of these types of missions getting nerfed?

If you answered yes to any of these, go kill yourfuckingself.

>tfw close to dangerous ranking in combat
jeez how many ships do they expect me to kill for these ranks?

I am pretty sure i obliterated ~500 ships to get to master.

I know that feeling. I'm 60% through Dangerous and the meter doesn't fucking move.

>tfw got combat elite through turreting

Calm down salt boy. You're corvette mine isn't going anywhere.

If you've watched the missions q&a you'd know how incompetent the mission devs are.

kek, did you just get in a conda put full pips to sys and sit afk in a low RES?

This is less not operating at 100% but more like players reaching 120% without making a full npc-crew capital ship[/spoiler work any worse than actual npc-ship.
In a game 90% npc the standard is to be set by npc. I have no worry that orgs will min-max their ship up the wazoo but if we can do that and still have players free to fly other ship, that's better.

(imagine the Bengal Carrier flying in formation with Idris and Jav against a fleet of Vaanduul)
Then cry because your PC will explode under the charge

Almost like that, but in a bugged CZ where enemy ships don't attack. It was a great exploit back in the day, tho it may return again.

shit
This is less not operating at 100% but more like players reaching 120% without making a full npc-crew capital ship work any worse than actual npc-ship.
In a game 90% npc the standard is to be set by npc. I have no worry that orgs will min-max their ship up the wazoo but if we can do that and still have players free to fly other ship, that's better.

(imagine the Bengal Carrier flying in formation with Idris and Jav against a fleet of Vaanduul)
Then cry because your PC will explode under the charge

I don't want the fucking corvette. I want to retire.

How can Elite even compete?
youtube.com/watch?v=fK5EAB8gwJM

by being released

:^)

REKT

Can I get more of those?

i fuckin love this image

There was a bug in Eve when you could put any skin on any ship. Too bad they fixed it and never introduced any cool skins after.

I think so too, but the community is so good at grinding at this point that Frontier wouldn't earn a cent.

Plus, their history of free skins begins and ends with the Chrome Eagle.

do you fags have a compilation of all these commissions turned into dankerous meems

Anyone else here play on Xbone and want to Wing up for 17D or BH in HAZRES?

just get anaconda, put turrets in and afk

Wasn't Oculus Rift support part of the stretch goals?

Yeah, fucking melons should never have put it up and I have one. Shooting at tiny dots is the fucking worst VR game.
I guess they now have the reasoning that the "expanded scope" or whatever is what makes VR impossible.

It was actually a feature planned for the the game even without stretch goals.

I guess the stretch goals themselves made that very hard to do with all those extra features that makes all other features a lot harder to do. Ironic isnt it...

You want feature 1 that takes X amount of time and you want feature 2 that takes Y amount of time in your game.

In Star Citizen that means (X+Y)^2 in total time for those.

Increase the power for each extra major feature.

to be fair the game that was kickstarted was a very different game compared to what we have now

We wont even get the modding tools, the engineering guide PDF that we pledged for or private servers at all either?

wew lad

>AWS
>private servers
Professor Cultist, I'm P2P.

forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/324632-Gender-Ambiguous-Commanders

titus

get the cross

>Treadmill