Would a Top Fuel dragster beat a F1 car around a nascar oval track?

Would a Top Fuel dragster beat a F1 car around a nascar oval track?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WfXfiBCO928
youtube.com/watch?v=3vcNIkU3ZTI
enginelabs.com/news/video-test-shows-top-fuel-nitro-engine-makes-over-11000-horsepower/
hotrod.com/articles/don-schumacher-racing-dynos-11000hp-in-top-fuel-hemi-with-new-engine-torque-sensor/
youtu.be/K2cNqaPSHv0
youtu.be/e5xwhcRKfVA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

let me get this straight, you want to know if a car designed and engineered to only go straight for a few seconds is fast that car design and engineered to do what it was designed and engineered to do?

top fuel cars arent designed to turn, so no

Are modifications allowed to either car? Assuming the dragster is able to make the corners I can get a bit autistic with math if you want.

the way I see it an oval track is mostly straight except for the turns

>out of fuel in 0.035345 seconds

top fuel dragsters tend to overheat in just a few seconds

follow your dreams

youtube.com/watch?v=WfXfiBCO928

Not only that, they require a clutch rebuild every race and an engine overhaul every 2 races.

I'm assuming OP only means a lap. Converting that distance to a straight line, you could approximate how much ground the dragster is going to cover under power and how far it can coast vs how long it takes the F1 car to catch up and pass it.
They actually burn out their electrodes before doing anything else assuming the block doesn't explode.

That's only full race power. They're capable of idling and cruising around for a few minutes.

why do americans ruin everything

Streets are mostly straight except for turns too And the dragstrip is mostly corners except for the straight

jesus christ

btw how would you dyno something like that?

Those are australians you shittard

>btw how would you dyno something like that?
You can't. Top fuel power output is only able to be estimated based on fuel consumption and the physics involved with doing a 1/4mi in 4 seconds

they use algorithms based on G-force data

Not only that I'm pretty sure they use between 10-20 gallons of fuel per pass. Can't remember the type of fuel... Muh compression ratio.

Dragster
>fastest you can go in a straight line
Pro Mod
>fastest you can go in a car that is technically street legal in a straight line
Nascar
>fastest you can go making only making a left turn
MotoGP
>fastest you can go making left and right turns
F1
>fastest you can go making left and right turns on 4 wheels
RallyX
>fastest you can go on multiple terrain

estimate it by measuring g-force on acceleration
I think there are some special dynos that can manage that torque now though.

>something designed for the absolute maximum amount of power has a short lifespan
HOLY SHIT WHAT A SURPRISE
F1 engines are making what, 900hp at most? These engines are making north of 10000hp.

>engine overhaul every 2 races

I don't know if it's the norm, I'm a yuropoor, but I saw Engineering Explained's video of the gumout top fuel dragsters. I believe the video is called something like 'how do top fuel dragsters get 10k hp?'

In that video he showed, atleast the gumout crew, rebuilding atleast the top half of the engine after every single run

Nitromethane.

enginelabs.com/news/video-test-shows-top-fuel-nitro-engine-makes-over-11000-horsepower/
TLDR thingy mounted on clutch pack got us accurate torque and rpm figures

>tfw honda can't even make 1300 hp/liter

Do whatever the fastest category of dragster is have the lock to make the turns on a nascar oval? I'm assuming they don't have the grip either way.

Im talking about how theyre loud and pointless are are only good for "MUH QUARTER MILE"

>austalians
>cant turn
>cant go straight
>cant go fast onna bike
LESS DO BURNOUTS CUNTS

gross

thats a recent technology m8.

hotrod.com/articles/don-schumacher-racing-dynos-11000hp-in-top-fuel-hemi-with-new-engine-torque-sensor/

>However, finding a dynometer that could even begin to manage a Top Fuel engine’s enormous fury and torque has been a problem, so racing teams have always relied on calculations based on g-force data to come up with an estimated horsepower figure.

Would you consider drift cars pointless for only sliding sideways? Land speed cars pointless for only achieving maximum speed? Etc? It's called a passion for motorsport and being able to enjoy things, you should try it sometime. I'm not even a huge fan of drag racing but I enjoyed attending an NHRA event a lot. When they start up, the air gets thinner. When they rev before taking off, they duck everyone's breath away, and when they take off, they accelerate almost faster than the human eye can register. Blink and you'll miss them. TV cameras don't do the cars justice in the slightest. And then you get to go to the pits and watch the crew rip apart the block.

post butt

F1 is considerably faster than motoGP
the difference in lap times is mostly due to cornering speed, due to all the aero F1 can take corners way faster

Couldn't an F1 car go around a nascar oval faster than a nascar?

there becomes a point where your car is no longer cool and becomes a terrifying death trap that the mere sound of its engine causes deep fearful winces

fucking hell

yeah probably
i think he meant to say indycar for left turn

indycar has higher top speeds than f1 cars can do with all their aero bits

OP is fucking retarded.

Top Fuel dragsters weren't designed to turn just like Priuses weren't designed for racing. Could they race? Sure but it would be a blow out unless it was heavily, heavily modified and it would still be a blow out.

The dragsters would accelerate, break, turn slowly, accelerate again and the F1 has already completed a lap.

NOT TO MENTION, F1 cars aren't as fast as they can be. There are so many rules and regulations it'll make your head spin. Top Fuel is already as fast as can be. Regardless, F1 would still win.

Here's a comparison video between F1 and your average GT:
youtu.be/K2cNqaPSHv0

Does it look like these skinny bicycle wheels in the front can survive ONE turn let alone 4 at speeds over 20mph?

what is rallx because all im getting are some yuro shitboxes and some old ass video game

I see Jesus driving a Mustang and he is bang shifting through all the gears.

>all this bench racing

>Would a Top Fuel dragster beat a F1 car around a nascar oval track?
No.

>Would a well-setup chassis with a Top Fuel engine beat an F1 car around a Nascar oval track
Once.

Vid related: you can detuned them to ~2000hp and that's well over what an F1 car makes. A completely unrestricted chassis, with great aero and a position for that engine should be able to outrun an F1 car.

>is mostly straight except for the turns

Really makes you think

Top Fuel engines will run for about 5-10 seconds on something like 15 gallons of fuel (but that's including the burnout). I'd estimate something like 70 gallons should be plenty for a single lap.

They don't overheat - the cooling effect of vaporising several gallons of nitromethanol cools the entire engine quite well.

I think you're confusing it with spark plug life - they mostly melt halfway down the run, at which point they'll function like glow plugs in a diesel engine.

>btw how would you dyno something like that?
In really simple terms, you put a load cell on the differential, and you measure how much it deforms that solid piece of steel. Using that deflection, you calculate how much torque it makes, and then you multiply by RPM to get the hp number.

Modern ones are just shy of 10,000hp, once you smooth out the graph. You can read the individual cilinder firings on some graphs, and those form peaks and valleys of several hundred horsepower compared to the corrected graph.

15-17 gallons of nitromethane, including the burnout.

>>fastest you can go in a car that is technically street legal in a straight lin
No, this would be Drag Week's Unlimited class. Pro Mod is simply fastest thing with doors.''

>F1 engines are making what, 900hp at most?
Around that number - which is about the horsepower required to drive the blower on a Top Fuel car.

A Top Fuel race with two dragsters has, in some cases, exceeded the raw combined output of an entire F1 starting grid.

>I think there are some special dynos that can manage that torque now though.
NOPE, unless you like your dyno disassembled within a fraction of a second. Hell, some dyno's can't even handle the blower.

>11000hp
More like just under 10000hp. All you're seeing is uncorrected peaks, and yes, those can be over 10000, but in reality, you never measure power that way.

2 years old isn't recent technology m8.

Even better, since time between rounds is so damn limited, they have about 8-10 spare sets of pistons, rods, etc. They'll leave the crank in, but everything else gets replaced by a spare set during the teardown process. Some crew members stay behind and then inspect the parts while the dragster goes out into the field.

>there becomes a point where your car is no longer cool and becomes a terrifying death trap that the mere sound of its engine causes deep fearful winces
We aren't there yet though. Dragsters are still cool.

Oh, and you don't wince at a Top Fuel. You literally just get your chest pounded. Get too close, and your eyes will start tearing from the nitromethanol. They don't make flames, they have such hot exhaust gasses, that they'll seperate the hydrogen atoms from water in the air, and burn those raw. A regular car might be great at 1 atm of boost (15PSI), a tuned GT-R running 30-35 PSI is insanely quick.

Top Fuel? Top Fuel runs 60. Because fuck you, that's why. It's pretty much summed up by pic related - and it's awesome.

quality post

They race F1 cars on ovals so I would assume they would do better than cars that aren't made to turn

Rally cross is "rallying" but without actually rallying.

Dumbest post I've ever seen, gratz

>A completely unrestricted chassis

HE SAID UNRESTRICTED KEK

You realize F1 is heavily restricted right? There's restrictions to both power and weight. They banned turbos in the 90s because it was too fast and people were dying. An F1 without any restrictions would weigh under a 1000lbs and push more than 2000hp and it's specifically made for cornering and acceleration. It would perform like the Red Bull X2014 prototype from Gran Turismo.

youtu.be/e5xwhcRKfVA

You can't slap a wing onto a 8000hp "car" with no front tires made specifically for drag and expect it to turn as good as an F1 which could take that turn at 200mph no problem.

Rallycross supercars are ~500 horsepower AWD cars that race on a small mixed surface circuit.
It's much more exciting to watch than a normal rally because the races are short, intense, and the racing is vicious. Contact and crashes aren't just accidental concordances, they're basically expected. You'd have to be a god to win a race without damaging the bodywork.

>Posting a game based prototype

>not realizing f1 has weight and power restrictions and if they didn't, those cars would be gone in the blink of an eye.

>they race F1 cars on ovals
The last time they raced on an oval with an infield section was 2005. And even then they only took one corner of the oval. They haven't raced on a true oval since when the Indy 500 was technically part of the F1 calendar

There are still regulations on top fuel
>has to be 500ci
>has to be blown at 60psi
>limits on tire size
they could be faster if they were allowed bigger blocks and turbochargers, or have reaction engines on the back

Jesus take the wheel.

Top fuel dragsters have like a 3 mile turning radius. The lockout to lockout is like 50 degrees

60 psi on a positive displacement blower is not the same as turbocharged. There are commercial trucks that run in excess of 100psi of turbo boost

You still don't get it, do you? Top Fuel dragsters can't turn. It's not a meme. It's not an overexaggeration. They literally can't turn to save their fucking lives and even if they could, their skinny as fucking shit front tires wouldn't grip at anything above 40mph.

Next, they can't fucking brake when they reach top speed. They gotta use a fucking drag chute to stop. What are you gonna do? Deploy it at every turn? Eject and then use your spare on the next turn? That won't work either. So the only option you have left is to not accelerate as fast and pray to the car gods that your front tires don't lose traction and your brakes explode.

Meanwhile F1 is meant for that type of abuse. F1 is more about handling than power although they are still pretty fucking quick 0-60 and top speed. Those cars handle better the faster you go so they'll be taking those oval turns at 200mph or whatever their top speed is.

Hell I bet you the F1 car finishes a full lap before the top fuel dragster exits the first corner.

So rarely does the retardation of OP, his question, and his picture posted match so universally. The reality of OPs existence was in complete retarded synchronicity.

> They banned
>because it was too fast and people were dying
they only started to give a fuck when their golden boy died because of his own recklessness.

literally no person was so cancerous to F1 as senna with his fucking luddism, "poor boy" image and convincing everyone that all of his wins were supposedly due to his own abilities. and then there's this fucking documentary about him.

Yet this thread is still less retarded than the average GMECOBOOSTLEMANS thread.

Huh? I think you have me confused with another benchracer. I'm simply interjecting that top fuel has regulations too and isn't completely at the limits of technology

F1 is way faster than motogp dude

>They don't overheat - the cooling effect of vaporising several gallons of nitromethanol cools the entire engine quite well.
Completely bullshit, burndowns happen often and drivers will start throwing punched if they're waiting too long to stage their runs.

>at which point they'll function like glow plugs in a diesel engine.
The only thing a glow plug does is heat the cylinder until the engine is ready to start.
You mean the top fuel engines are igniting on compression, so controlled knocking.

Point it east, do a run, and see how much shorter tomorrow is.

I thought it was because his steering column snapped?

Do top fuel dragsters even have steering racks?

They can steer a little bit. Nothing a few overnight parts from JEGS won't fix.

I must be thinking of indycar then. I know they raced at Auto club and Texas ovals. Not sure if they do still. If so then my bad

>that file name

>>has to be 500ci
>>has to be blown at 60psi
Wrong. They cannot exceed 500 cid, and they can't exceed 60PSI. Also, the supercharge size is fixed, so that's juust about as close as you can get to a maximum amount of intake air.

>Completely bullshit, burndowns happen often
You're confusing actual overheating under load with overheating when idling. Yes, a dragster will overheat during idling because it doesn't get enoguh fuel to cool the engine. It can also burn down, because it's got several gallons of high explosive on board.

It will not ovehreat during the run. There are a lot of things that can go wrong, but overheating isn't one of them.

>You mean the top fuel engines are igniting on compression, so controlled knocking.
Judging from some info from actual Top Fuel crew members I got, they won't diesel. They need the added heat from that spark plug to combust. That's why you have to shut the fuell off, otherwise it'll keep on chugging.