/acg/ - Armored Core General: Can't Go to Class Without it Dying Edition

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin:
pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam:
steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>In the dangling conversation

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>and the superficial sighs

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>The borders of our lives

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/xwtNU
discord.gg/FZ2Sn
youtube.com/watch?v=Ih7IhZWoQj8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh good, it survived my trip into the city.
Now Pendragon, I know you haven't gone and forgotten the palm trees.

OldKing is the hero we need.

His NEXT is honestly pretty solid. It eats PA for breakfast, it has really strong aerial control, and the design is really aesthetically pleasing.

Anyone know what's going on with the AC discord? Apparently the mod abandoned it and it imploded. Is someone making a new one?

discord.gg/xwtNU

>when your knees so big you cant even move your gun past them

What would Old King even do if he succeeded in murdering everyone?
Would he and the player just chill on a beach or something?

What, the "official" discord? That's hilarious.

Why not? he could relax with his BFF Strayed after taking out all the cradles

Could you send another invite? Shit expired.

There's only one thing left to do.
See, as long as there's two people in the world, someone's gonna want someone dead.

That would be just like that one punishe comic where he is the last guy alive

It was the most active one, at least. There is never going to be an 'official' discord obviously, I don't think anyone believes that.

Really increases my head part's EN drain.

Wasn't the point of lilliana to be an anti-establishment group against the league? I think Old King's point was to destroy the cradles until the League disbanded and let all LYNX and corporations operate independently without collusion. I don't think he expected all the other Lynx to turn on him but instead expected them to overthrow the league too.

We speculated in an earlier thread about what would have happened if he had succeeded early on (before the closed plan) and I think that's where his ideas were going, burn the cradles, get the league to disband, then all lynx rise up as independent gods and local warlords over their territory.

I find it interesting that /acg/ has Old King and /dsg/ has Pontiff Sulyvahn, both of which are awful monsters that you're not supposed to sympathize with.

Let's look at it like this, then.
I haven't been to any of the Discords, so this is all second-hand information.
To my understanding, there was a Discord that was run by our dear friends at Legacy. I hear it was a wheelbarrow of dicks and the mods were all fags, so someone set up a different Discord that's much more hands-off. That's the one Urist hangs around. Those are the only two I know about, I wouldn't be surprised if there were more.
So, I'm assuming the ACL Discord is the one that imploded?

>both of which are awful monsters that you're not supposed to sympathize with.

I think is more a case "evil is cool" rather than true sympathy, the only real sympathy I give to OldKing, is that he really considers the player as a friend if you choose to side with him.

Oldking did it for kicks, the only win he could possibly achieve was a team up with White Glint, but LA wouldn't accept genocide, its possible White Glint could've done some sort of black ops tho.

The only success for mankind if Oldking is some sort of good guy is by being an LA extremist, removing the cradles would make fixing the problems of earth a lot easier and needed.

I have no idea if there was an ACL discord or not.

The one that imploded had about 100 people and I think it was started by SouthQ on AC reddit. Then they decided they didn't want to mod anymore, so they handed it over to someone else who ran rampant and shitposted for a few days and then closed it down.

This new one is made by Sash.

Who is "part of ACL" other than Cheng? It seems like everyone (including FromCheng) is on multiple platforms now and even he posts more on Reddit than ACL.

discord.gg/FZ2Sn

bump

bump

live

Can't make concrete without the thread dying.

DON'T YOU DED ON ME

Yeah, you have a good point there. It's hard for me to answer that question, too, because I haven't stopped in to lurk for silly nonsense in a few months.
>and even he posts more on Reddit than ACL
No kidding? Well, RIP Legacy, I guess.
How hilarious is the concept that some bag of dicks threads on Veeky Forums outlasted the site that was billed itself as the prime community hub?

Doesn't really have anything to do with 'community' or the members. Forums have been dying for 5+ years now because they're just really inefficient compared to Reddit, Discord, etc.

Veeky Forums survives because it's got a huge user base, doesn't require logging in, and is the only anonymous platform. If Veeky Forums required logging in with a user name, it would be long dead for discussions too.

bump.

What if they change the forum format for another? could that revive ACL?

Who are these supposed to be?

Useless waste of resource [Lilium], and the old man that was forced to adopt her [Wong Shao-Lung]

I like this art better

Press F to pay respects to Mary Shelley.

Speaking of her, what's up with that name anyway? Is it just because you fight her in an intense lightning storm? That's an awfully vague Frankenstein reference, and a really conditional one at that.

Probably, Berlioz was a classic composer, the chapters of AC4 are named after the books of Agatha Christie, Interior Union use the name of stars to name its parts, and some other stuff.

Last one, we need reinforcements.

good night /acg/

What the fuck is that thing?

A hamster.
FROM likes cool names. Mary Shelley is a cool name.

are there any Armored Core esque games on Steam

Yes Actually there is none, lol

bump

Been thinking of Buying Silent Line, and Verdict Day, I'm on the Fence about V since I hear the Online is dead and the story mode is kinda short. I really love the AC designs in V and Verdict Day though, I hope the Head Piece seen in the ACV trailer is in Verdict Day, I'm a sucker for aesthetics and shit. Also if possible can anyone post the recommendation list? I Purchased AC2 recently and it plays fine but the disc is scratche to hell and the audio Glitches are too painful to continue playing. Also This may be me being causal Scum but I don't like that I lose money whenever I fail a mission putting me in debt so quickly.

Wow is Verdict Day really that hard?

It's hard until you understand how the three defenses system works.

Project Nimbus, if you like AC4. Otherwise, not really.

There's no real reason to get V anymore except to play some of the story missions (it was designed for online only and the servers are down.)

Verdict Day (not V) uses the same game engine, same parts, same mechanics, but is dramatically better in all ways.

I would recommend emulating AC2 if your disc is scratched. The framerate is low in a lot of missions (nothing can be done about that) but it would at least have no glitches. also if you go too far into debt in AC2, you actually unlock special power ups each time.

It's very punishing and requires a lot of understanding of the stats and reaction time to do well. The hard mode is also extremely difficult (but very fun). It also goes from "beginner" to "expert" VERY fast. The first half of the game is dramatically easier than the second half.

It sounds to me like AC3 or Silent Line is the best one for you to play first. They are a bit less punishing and while you can lose money by failing a mission, it's not a lot and there are plenty of arena / missions that are easy to grind funds with.

>yfw someone does a metal wolf chaos lets play and spends the whole time talking about Dark Souls

youtube.com/watch?v=Ih7IhZWoQj8

fuck...

fuck...

fuck...

bump

>spoiler

Its weird how long this general has survived, aside from the points like being anonymous and no requiring account, Its amazing how we have survived withouth much trouble all this time. What makes /acg/ special?

That is odd thanks for the recommendation i will probably pick up both Silent Line and Verdict Day the only AC games i have played. Is 2 And For Answer. I would have. Thought that VD would be easier.

Can you explain it to me? Should I play V first before VD?

>Can you explain it to me?
There are three damage types in V/VD. Kinetic (KE), Chemical (CE), and Thermal (TE). Each weapon deals one of these damage types, and each AC part adds defense for one of these damage types. If you deal more damage than an enemy's defense, they lose a ton of AP, and if you deal less damage, they barely lose any AP. So basically, you want to have a varied loadout so that you can switch to weapons that exploit an enemy's weakness. There's even a scanning feature that lets you check the enemy's defense thresholds during combat. Things get a little more complicated when it comes to building your own mech, since lighter parts have better KE defense, heavies get more TE, and midweights get more CE, so certain defense types force you into certain playstyles unless you can mix and match your parts well and that's where the more complex builds start to come in, with you attempting to beat certain defense thresholds to negate certain weapon types entirely, or intentionally giving yourself a blatant weakness to fully guard against everything else. It gets more complicated with PVP, since you can overspecialize even harder and have team members take on specific targets that they're the most optimized against.

It's not actually as complicated as it sounds, it's just a step up from the usual meta in an AC game. It's also exactly the same in V and VD (with the exception that VD has physical shields you can hold to further increase defense), so if you master one you'll master both.

4 answer is the easiest game in the franchise.

2 is hard because of really uneven difficulty and lots of low framerate sections.

>Should I play V first before VD?
No. VD is better in all ways and doesn't require playing V first.

>Can you explain it to me?

KE weapons
>Moderate DPS (when effective)
>Most easily blocked (make ineffective)
>Highest Accuracy
>Highest Muzzle Velocity
>Moderate Lock Time
>Highest maximum range
>Worst decay rate (damage decreases with range)
>Highest Ammo counts
>Leg types: Lightweight and Midweight Bipeds, Lightweight reverse Joints
>Leg benefits: Highest turning and mobility

CE Weapons
>Highest DPS (when effective)
>Most difficult to block (make ineffective)
>Lowest Accuracy
>Lowest Muzzle Velocity
>Worst Lock Time
>Moderate maximum range
>Best decay rate (damage decreases with range)
>Moderate Ammo counts
>Leg types: Heavy Reverse Joints, Quads
>Leg benefits: Highest jumping/aerial and stability. Worst turning.

TE Weapons
>Lowest DPS (when effective)
>Moderately easy to block (make ineffective)
>Moderate Accuracy
>Moderate Muzzle Velocity
>Best Lock Time
>Worst maximum range
>Modreate decay rate (damage decreases with range)
>Worst Ammo counts
>Leg types: Tanks, Heavy Bipeds.
>Leg Benefits: Highest overall AP and Defense, worst mobility, worst stability.

There are exceptions to this in each part class, but this is the general trend that most of the weapons follow. It's not quite a "rock paper scissors" system because you can counter strategies and weapon types without changing your defenses (example: there are almost no long range CE weapons, so if you play exclusively long range you don't usually need CE defense to counter a CE weapon type). Also because everyone can build up at least 2 defenses but equip all 3 damage types, it's hard to end up in a situation where you don't have an effective weapon, unless you are focusing around only a single weapon type.

All in all its quite well balanced.

bump.

I see that doesn't sound too super complex.

>4A
>easy

Sure, if you're only concerned with beating levels and have are exploiting collision detection glitches, then yeah, easy.

Then you go into multiplayer and are baffled by how many people just pick parts according to the highest AP number.

I don't plan on doing Multiplayer too much.

Two hard missions do not a hard game make.
It's really simple in the single player, but in multiplayer, the damage drop from range is much more relevant and makes things more complicated. Not to mention, people build their defenses around certain breakpoints that may cover the weapons you want to bring.

Kojima Particles, son.

They harden in response to physical trauma.

I see. Personally, I wouldn't have touched the game with a 10ft. pole if it hadn't been for the MP, but that mode is several years past its expiration date anyway. If you can get it for ~20$, I guess it's still worth it.