Who else fell for the long tube headers meme?

Who else fell for the long tube headers meme?

>spend 2 fucking days installing long tube headers in my 5.0 Coyote Mustang
>had to remove steering column, starter, exhaust, air intake, battery and battery tray, dipstick, motor mounts, lift engine
>fags on forums told me I would gain 30-40rwhp with a tune
>install them after countless cursing and having to tighten 16 bolts with a tiny 8mm non ratcheting wrench with literally zero room
>sounds good at WOT but dog shit 23/6
>sounds like I have a leak but really it's just the thinner pipes
>can literally hear the gassing flowing through the pipes and it sounds like a metallic hissing leak but really it's not
>car wakes the on startup
>the annoying exhaust resonance can be heard from under the car if you park to a curb, wall or even a bush
FUCK long tube headers. I want to take these off and put my stock manifolds on but I don't want to have to buy stock gaskets, bolts and go through 2 days of madness all over again.

DON'T BUY LONG TUBE HEADERS

>doesn't tune the ECU
do that. Then come back and bitch user.

maybe don't buy headers off of ebay

sounds like you fell for the new car meme as well

i can change my headers in 3 hours

Shoulda wrapped them bitches.

>it takes him 3 whole hours

yes that's a good idea

Try painting or coating them first?
Or don't buy cheap steel headers and get stainless?

I bought BBK full length nigger not eBay shit.

Nigger I spare no expense my shit is dyno tuned. Stock my '13 put down 376whp. So far I've put a JLT air intake, BBK long tubes and I'm putting down 418whp sae corrected. I only have 17k miles. Whenever I hit around 50-60k I'm going to build the motor for a turbo. But as for now, fuck long tubes man.

>So far I've put a JLT air intake, BBK long tubes and I'm putting down 418whp sae corrected

On 87 octane btw. Haven't done a run on 93.

So what exactly are you complaining about? The sound they make? Did you really expect changing the most important part of the exhaust wouldn't change the way it sounds? You made some pretty good power gains with an exhaust and intake dude...
Have you ever heard a fully purpose built race car in person?

You threw down money for a tune on 87? What an idiotic move. The engine control system, stock, accounts for the octane. It's detuned from the factory if you put 87 in. Too poor to afford 93?

She bought a mustang, of course she's too poor for 93

Did you insulate them at all?
Did you install them properly?
Are they flowing into cats or did you do a delete?
You're bitching a lot but not giving much details, "nigger"

I didn't spend a single cent, a close childhood friend of mine owns a speed shop, dyno and is building a garage for performance cars as well.

>mustang

>install takes 3 hrs with beer breaks
>gained 40whp post-tune
>car sounds fantastic now
>no hissing because installed correctly the first time with proper gaskets and made with 304 stainless
>no drone cuz corsa catback
>coyotefags maf

Should have just got some shorties and called it a day. Dumb af making long tubes one of your first parts. A cam would have made good power and actually made the car sound good.
>easy to install
>easy to replace with long tube later if you want more power
>cheap af
>save money for better parts that will give more power, make the car sound better, and not inhibit every fucking thing you want to do under the car

that is honestly quite impressive

Cams + Coyote = waste of money

Costs a fuckload more because it needs 4 cams and the gains are significantly less than what a small block would see. Most people do long tubes before they do any cam work anyways since its generally easier to install.

Durr yeah I don't know what the fuck I was thinking about a cam, it's DOHC. Still, longtubes seem like nothing but a pain in the ass from most sources that I've seen. I almost picked up a pair for my shitbox but saw lots of posts of people who had them and said just steer clear of the headache. In my case the gains were really only a few extra HP on the top end, like 7 to 10, and a loss in the midrange where the short tubes gain.

all long tube headers 'tick' or 'hiss'

it's just the thinner steel than cast iron. Even if you use 304.

I installed longtubes on my shitty trans am, wasnt that hard and go tune it otherwise it just runs pig rich
Also the sounds are a good thing

>Still, longtubes seem like nothing but a pain in the ass from most sources that I've seen.
I've hear nothing but glory and praises heaped on longtube headers.
Then again, I tend to stick to looking into 4 cylinders.

>Have long tube headers and almost straight pipe, plus a tune
>328whp
>Car was rated at 300 crank in 1999
Clearly the problem is that you own a Coyote and not an LSX.

>headers on a non-carb engine
These things are a bitch to install when you can see feet through the engine bay.
And you did all that work for no fucking reason lmao.

>He had an LSX 7 years before they were made
woah

The LS1 came out in 1997.

What are you smoking? Ls1 came out in 97....

Yeah, I regret it. Expensive and I only got 20WHP out of them. Way louder at idle and I lost ground clearance on a car that was already too low. Won't smog, so I get that fun every couple years. Only plus is better throttle response.

>5.0
>Long Tubes

What the fuck is wrong with you user. displacement is a thing. Your car probably sounds like someone queefing through a kazoo.

What kinda faggot doesn't like the sound of headers? And if it took you 2 days to do all of that, maybe you should find a new hobby.

user, your bus just pulled up at the bus stop. You don't want to be late for school!

>2 days
kek. get gud.

>Coyote Mustang
good choice in car tho

LSX Does not equal LSx. LSX is a performance iron block made by GM (mostly for drag racing and BOOST), LSx is a notation that means all LS type engines, with the small x being the type number (LS1,LS2, etc.)

guys should I get long tubes for my sn95?

Yeah, my '98 Camaro is a bitch to get true dual pipes made for it. Most shops want my left testicle, and the title for the car itself to run stainless mandrel bent piping up and over the rear axle.

Fortunately, Hooker makes a pre-made set under their Blackheart series, but unfortunately they only pair up with their Blackheart mid-tube headers. I think they make a set specifically with long-tube headers, but they're raw headers that don't have space for cats, which I think I need in Florida to keep the thing registered for daily driving. So basically, I'm stuck with 1 3/4" 3" mids to have true dual pipes, avoiding that ultimately 'raspy' sound a Y-pipe exhaust gives.
>pic related of piping

>which I think I need in Florida to keep the thing registered for daily driving.
Nope. Florida doesn't do emissions testing.

Have you looked at speed engineering? They just came out with their true duals. If they had them when I had put on my LTs (also speed engineering) I would've gone that route. Their headers are an excellent budget header same with their duals. Don't have the f body any more though. I do have headers to put on my c5z, just been lazy though. Can't wait. V8s sound way better with long tubes.