Is it safe to buy used MB C250 W204 from 2011 to 2012?

I'm looking to upgrade my ancient Twin Cam Corolla to the Merc. Is it a good idea? I've heard that the W204 is reliable for an European sedan.

ill be buying one in the near future, dont ask Veeky Forums look for a real MB forum and ask for common problems.

they're from post-chrysler era and diesel engines are super tough so you'll be fine. just avoid AMG at all costs

They're pretty solid, I would buy one.

>just avoid AMG at all costs

And why is that?

3 series BMW from the same year is better.

exclusive and expensive parts, performance over reliability. just get a diesel, there's a reason german merc taxis do well even after one million kilometres. if there's something mercedes excels at, it's producing bulletproof diesel engines

the corolla is unbeatable

>spending that much money for a Kraut shitbox

I don't get it.

Should be pretty reliable. Mercs are basically about preventative and regular maintenance. My father has a 2001 ML500, and when they tested the engine about 2 years ago compression was still basically like new, its done nearly 260,000km without any major issues and is still his daily driver.

Yes, good car.

Expect maintenance to be more expensive than usual. I just paid $400 for the 40k mile transmission "service". In general, expect to spend $500/ year on upkeep.

Facelifted w204 rides better than same year Lexus IS and has better interior layout and materials.

>mfw i've been thinking of selling my boxster and getting a C63 or an E60 M5/6

Why not?

Im not really expecting them to be cheap to run.

I want an axe murderer on wheels

>204 hp 310 Nm torque
>shitbox

How?

Only old people use Mercedes Benz. Don't do it OP.

>buying a mercedes that's not an amg

F30 better.

I'd say closer to 500 per 10k

>buying anything that isn't an appreciating asset

Do it.
I own a 126 and a 202. Both pre-chrysler ERA and when Mercedes-Benz makes a products by themselves you can't go wrong.